#1 Edited by _Gaff_ (5106 posts) - - Show Bio

In the following scenarios, the Magog with the Magog World Ship will be invading a galaxy to conquer it. The factions within there respective galaxies must try to neutralize the Magog threat.

Invaders

The Magog
The Magog

Scenario 1. Pegasus Galaxy (Stargate)

Takes place right after the end of the Lantean-Wraith war.

No Caption Provided

Scenario 2. Milky Way Galaxy (Star Trek)

Starts in the year 2363. Magog enter Federation space first.

Picture is not of the time period. But go with it.
Picture is not of the time period. But go with it.

Scenario 3. The Galaxy (Star Wars)

Starts after the Clone Wars and before the Galactic Civil War. No EU

No Caption Provided

Scenario 4. Milky Way Galaxy? (40K)

Starts at the start of the 42nd Millennium. Magog will attempt to avoid conflict with Tyranids. Magog enter Tau space first.

No Caption Provided

Rules

• All factions and characters in defending galaxies are in character/morals on
  • No interference from sky-father level characters.
  • 6 months prep for defending factions.
  • All the defenders know is that a solar system sized ship is coming in there direction.
  • Magog are at full strength. (before end of season 4)

What happens?

#2 Posted by _Gaff_ (5106 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwwprod@beatboks1 any thoughts?

Fell free to callout anybody who my have knowledge of the factions. Been gone to long. Cant remember names.

#3 Posted by JwwProd (20719 posts) - - Show Bio

@_gaff_: Don't know anything about Magog World Ship sorry.

#4 Posted by _Gaff_ (5106 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#5 Posted by Matthijs_Noyce (862 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll post my thoughts in a little bit, but I expect them to get stomped in the 40K-verse at least.

#6 Posted by Matthijs_Noyce (862 posts) - - Show Bio

@_gaff_:

I don't know enough about 1 or 2 to judge these.

Scenario 3:

They'll be facing the Empire, who have access to hundreds of star destroyer class ships. The magog space navy has nothing to match that kind of firepower. While storm troopers are displayed as fodder in the movies, they're confirmed to be well trained soldiers in the EU and in TFA. Their armour is useless against their own blaster bolts, but the magog specialize in melee combat using their natural strength and speed in place of more advanced weaponry. Thus they're going to get slaughtered by hails of blaster bolts, as Darth Vader starts solo-ing entire planets.

Scenario 4:

The Tau are one of the smallest factions in 40K, but they're also incredibly powerful. They're also well known for their diplomatic relationships with other factions, and they have friendly relations with both the Eldar and the Imperium of Man. When a threat like the Magog World Ship appears, these factions will work together, and most likely the Tau forces will be reinforced by at least a single Chapter of Space Marines, as well as the Eldar working behind the scenes. Combined with the fact that the Tau mechs are far beyond anything the Magog are able to bring to bear (there's one that has a gattling guns that fires NUKES), they're going to get massively slaughtered as the Imperium Ships perform exterminatus on their planets.

#7 Posted by _Gaff_ (5106 posts) - - Show Bio

@matthijs_noyce: thanks for the input. But I forgot to specify that there was no EU. I don't think it will change you opinion though.

#8 Posted by decaf_wizard (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

They get stomped at 40K and Star Wars. Not sure about the first two

#9 Posted by alik28 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Federation has the know-how to take down the furball magogs they arent as vast as the star wars empire but theyre better at inventing solutions I think they take it but many a redshirt shall be lost

Star wars has insane fire pwer and if they have access to deathstar or starkiller its a very quick win for them

Pegasus galaxy is screwed tho

#10 Posted by alik28 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Also may want to explain the magog and the show andromeda for those who never watched

#11 Posted by _Gaff_ (5106 posts) - - Show Bio

@alik28 said:

Also may want to explain the magog and the show andromeda for those who never watched

Yeah, If I remember correctly the World Ship's advance forces (the World Ship was still millions of light years away in another galaxy I think) were able to fight the Systems commonwealth, a faction that had the resources and manpower of 3 galaxies and 2 dwarf galaxies, to an armistice. When the World Ship did show up at the Battle of Arkology, it took several solar system busting nova bombs unfazed, (Spoilers ahead)and was only slowed down when a demigod went supernova.

Magog have Point Singularity Weapons which are basically black hole canons.

#12 Posted by _Gaff_ (5106 posts) - - Show Bio

bump