Magneto Vs Phoenix

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by xerogod (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Who will win? 

Magnetos Powers 

Magneto is a mutant with the power to manipulate the electromagnetic force to achieve a wide range of effects.

The primary application of his power is control over magnetism and the manipulation of metal. He can affect a very large quantity of it at one time, as he has levitated objects as heavy as a 30,000 ton nuclear submarine and has used his power to move large asteroids several times. The maximum amount of mass that he can manipulate at one time is unknown. He can manipulate a large number of individual metal objects simultaneously, and has assembled complex machinery with his powers. He can also affect non-metallic and non-magnetic objects to a lesser extent and frequently levitates himself and others.

Another way in which Magneto frequently uses his power is the projection of force-fields which selectively blocks out matter and energy. These fields are strong enough to withstand the detonation of multiple thermonuclear weapons, hence Magneto is invulnerable to most harm when surrounded by his shield and can survive in deep space thanks to it.

Magneto can also channel his powers through his own body to increase his strength and durability far beyond human limits and has a baseline reaction 15 times shorter than regular humans.

On occasion he has altered the behavior of gravitational fields around him, which has been suggested as evidence of the existence of a unified field which he can manipulate.

He can also generate electromagnetic pulses of great strength and generate and manipulate electromagnetic energy down to photons. Magneto can super heat his magnetism to a degree comparable to the outer core of the sun, and can instantly vaporize objects. Through the use of microwave energy magneto can also do  Plasma oscillation and molecular rotation( change the arrangement of an atom, or destroy a molecule in an atom triggering a massive explosion, this depends on the type of atom though).

Although Magneto has been shown capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level (insofar as the electromagnetic force is responsible for bonding electrons to protons within an atom), the use of his powers in this way seems to be difficult for him, and he has not been frequently depicted as doing so. 

Also magneto has shown that when badly wounded or weakend he can rely on a strong magnetic force to revive or heal him.

He has demonstrated the capacity to produce a wormhole and to safely teleport himself and others via the wormhole.

Magneto has been consistently and frequently depicted as able to resist all but the strongest or most unexpected of telepathic attacks. A number of explanations have been proposed for his unusually strong resistance to telepathy, among them: (a) technology wired into his helmet (the explanation given in the X-Men (film series)), (b) some physical aspect of his electromagnetic powers that can interfere with telepathy (he once used the Earth's magnetic field to dampen the powers of all telepaths within his reach), (c) latent telepathic powers of his own or (d) sheer force of will (cf. X-Men Vol. 2 #2). The theme of latent telepathic powers has been explored in a number of stories, among them the Secret Wars limited series. In some of his earliest appearances, Magneto was depicted as capable of engaging in astral projection. He has also, on rare occasions, been shown reading other's dreams, issuing telepathic commands, and probing the minds of others. He has demonstrated the ability to shield his mind, while in intense meditation, so completely that even Emma Frost was not able to read his thoughts, despite being directly in front of him and actively attempting to do so.

In addition to his powers, Magneto is also a genius with competence in various fields of advanced science, especially in genetic manipulation, particle physics, engineering, and other fields of technology. He has engineered advanced weaponry, space stations, superpowered humanoid lifeforms, devices that generate volcanoes and earthquakes, devices that block telepathy, and devices that can nullify all mutant powers except for his own. He has reconstructed computerized devices from memory. Magneto is also a master strategist with extensive combat experience, and has often been successful in single-handed combat against entire groups of superhuman adversaries. While Magneto has some knowledge of hand-to-hand combat and will engage an enemy this way if necessary, he is not an expert and prefers to use his powers in combat situations. 

Phoenix powers 

When her powers first manifest, Jean is unable to cope with her telepathy , forcing Professor X  to suppress her access to it altogether. Instead, he chooses to train her in the use of her telekinesis  while allowing her telepathy to grow at its natural rate before reintroducing it. This is why in Jean's debut appearance as Marvel Girl, she is only capable of using her telekinetic powers.  When the Professor hides to prepare for the Z'Nox , he reopens Jean's telepathic powers, which was initially explained as Xavier 'sharing' some of his telepathy with her.

Jean's telepathy allows her to read, influence, control, and communicate with the minds of others, project her mind into the astral plane, and generate telepathic force blasts that can stun or kill others. Jean is one of the few telepaths skilled enough to communicate with animals (animals with high intelligence, such as dolphinsdogs, and ravens). She can also telepathically take away or control people's natural bodily functions and senses, such as sight, hearing, smell, taste, or even mutant powers. A side effect of her telepathy is that she is gifted with an eidetic memory.   Jean was able, through telepathic therapy with the comatose Jessica Jones, to grant Jessica immunity to the Purple Man's mind control abilities, despite his powers being chemical in nature rather than psychic. When Jean absorbs Psylocke 's specialized telepathic powers, her own telepathy is increased to the point that she can physically manifest her telepathy as a psionic firebird  whose claws can inflict both physical and mental damage. Phoenix discovers that she can telepathically enhance the powers of other mutants. She briefly develops a psychic shadow form like Psylocke's, with a gold Phoenix emblem over her eye instead of the Crimson Dawn  mark possessed by Psylocke, Jean briefly lost her telekinesis to Psylocke during this exchange, but her telekinetic abilities later came back in full at a far stronger level than before.

Her telekinetic strength and skill are both of an extremely high level, capable of grasping objects in Earth orbit and manipulating hundreds of components in mid-air in complex patterns. She uses her telekinesis to often lift herself and others giving her the ability of levitation and flight. She also uses her telekinesis to create durable shields and energy blasts. She later manifests a "telekinetic sensitivity" (called "the Manifestation of the Phoenix") to objects in her immediate environment that lets her feel the texture of objects, their molecular patterns, feel when other objects come into contact with them, and probe them at a molecular level.

When possessed by or bonded with the Phoenix Force, Jean's powers escalate to an incalculable level, allowing her to rearrange matter at a some subatomic level, fly unaided through space, survive in almost any atmosphere, manipulate electromagnetic and cosmic energies for various effects and atmospheric disturbances to a certain degree. She also demonstrates this sub-molecular telekinetic power to change her Phoenix clothes into a set of street clothes. At this level, she is powerful enough to easily defeat a low level herald of Galactus.She can also create stargates that can transport her to anywhere in the universe instantaneously.

As the Phoenix, Jean can resurrect herself after death and is unaffected by the passage of time. Though initially perceived as "borrowing" the powers of the Phoenix Force, due to her original status as a host for the Force, they are entirely her own; Death itself has said that Jean is the rightful owner of those powers. She later becomes one with the Phoenix Force (as opposed to serving as its host) due to her status as an Omega-level mutant with unlimited potential, in which it was revealed that Jean holds the unique role of "White Phoenix of the Crown" among the many past, present, and future hosts of the Phoenix. As the White Phoenix, Jean can manipulate and control whole timelines, as seen when she brought the alternate future of Here Comes Tomorrow into the White-Hot Room. The Phoenix Force allows Jean to revive, absorb, rechannel, and preserve the life-force of any kind of life-form, meaning that she can take life energy from one person and give it to others, heal herself with the same life energy, or even resurrect the dead, since the Phoenix is said to be the sum of all life and death.  

Notes 
-magnetic fields can contain or block  energies emitted from cosmic storms, or solar storms 
-magnetism plays a role in the continuation of time 
-magnetism can help create, strengthen, or weaken black holes 
-jean still has blood in her body, and she is a female, females need iron, and if a female does not have enough iron in her blood she can die  
-with telekinesis you have to focus on your target.

so come on you guys who will win?
#2 Posted by charlieboy (7179 posts) - - Show Bio

if jean is white phoenix she would win.
#3 Posted by Susanoo (6149 posts) - - Show Bio
@charlieboy said:
"if jean is white phoenix she would win. "

Any version of Phoenix would win.  

First off, welcome to the vine OP, Second, Look up what Phoenix can do.
#4 Posted by Mercy_ (94928 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Welcome to Comic Vine
2. Please Read the Battle Forum Rules pinned at the top of this forum
3. Please use the search function in the future.
4. Please do not spam with huge amounts of info copy/pasted from Wikipedia or other websites without at the very least dating that thats where it's from. CV does have a wiki, you van always post the info from that.

#5 Posted by charlieboy (7179 posts) - - Show Bio
@Susanoo:
actually magneto beat green phoenix before.
#6 Posted by TheCerealKillz (10332 posts) - - Show Bio
@Susanoo said:
" @charlieboy said:
"@Susanoo: actually magneto beat green phoenix before. "
... There's a green Phoenix? Well suck me and kick me in my balls and suck some more, what other versions are there of Phoenix other than White, Dark, and Normal? "
I Lol'd.

There is Purple, blue, steel, Crimson, and Red.

Didnt you know?
#7 Posted by Agent9149 (3627 posts) - - Show Bio
at first i would say the phoenix would win but by you supplying all that information my mind is changing o.0
#8 Edited by charlieboy (7179 posts) - - Show Bio
@Susanoo:
green phoenix would be the first appearance of phoenix before she became dark phoenix. magneto beat phoenix the first time they encountered each other.
#9 Posted by Susanoo (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy:  

Ah... thanks for the info. 

@TheCerealKillz
said:

" @Susanoo said:
" @charlieboy said:
... There's a green Phoenix? Well suck me and kick me in my balls and suck some more, what other versions are there of Phoenix other than White, Dark, and Normal? "
I Lol'd.  There is Purple, blue, steel, Crimson, and Red.  Didnt you know? "

Wow... lol i didn't know.
#10 Posted by TheCerealKillz (10332 posts) - - Show Bio
@Susanoo said:
" @charlieboy:  

Ah... thanks for the info. 

@TheCerealKillz
said:
" @Susanoo said:
" @charlieboy said:
I Lol'd.  There is Purple, blue, steel, Crimson, and Red.  Didnt you know? "
Wow... lol i didn't know. "
I'm kidding.

I cant believe you fell for that....
#11 Posted by Susanoo (6149 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCerealKillz:
Lmao you got me man....
#13 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
"  Manipulating Phoenix Force energy (Uncanny X-Men #112) "
and gave her a stroke.
#14 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

that was xorn on kick.

#15 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skaddix said:
" that was xorn on kick. "
xorn was pretty powerful mimicking the powers of the phoenix and surviving a stroke equal to what was it? hundreds of supernovas or something.
#17 Edited by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro said:

" @Skaddix said:

" that was xorn on kick. "
xorn was pretty powerful mimicking the powers of the phoenix and surviving a stroke equal to what was it? hundreds of supernovas or something. "
The stroke shouldn't of worked seeing as the Phoenix has survived worse and the stroke was only Planetary level not even supernova level. Still like all cosmic forces the Phoenix is quite inconsistent, also kick gives a massive boost to all mutants. Still if we focus on best feats then the Phoenix crushes Magneto. Also OP mentioned White Crown if we assume Jean is at this level then Mags has no chance.
#18 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Lance Bastro said:

" @Edamame said:

"  Manipulating Phoenix Force energy (Uncanny X-Men #112) "
and gave her a stroke. "
Indeed. Not to mention the fact that Magneto has a very fast reaction time.     Enhanced Reaction Time / Plucking Northstar out of the air with his hand (X-Men Vol. 2 #113) "
and he can kiss rogue and live to tell about it. over and over again. lol
#20 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio

Please read the site rules before posting