I'm not sure on this one...

explain why Magneto?

M

#5 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"White Mage says:
"Magneto."
I'm not sure on this one... explain why Magneto? M"
Magneto's powers deal with ALL magnetism. The fact that Hawkmoor is a Cyborg doesn't help matters.
#6 Posted by Sling Shot (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

What are Hawksmoors implanted organs made from? If they are ferrous than yes he is in trouble but if they areean exotic material (which makes sense since they are from the future and have such an exotic effect)than Hawksmoor has that much less to worry about.

#7 Posted by Sling Shot (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

I would initially thiink Mags. But Hawksmoor's abilities are so unorthodox, resourceful and powerful that their may be some conflagaration of cityscape he can whip up[ to pull out the win.

#8 Posted by Deathshroud (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

now i didnt even know who hawksmoor was until i just read about him . but i am guessing they are fighting in the city that he needs to be in to use his abilities?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#9 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless some limits or conditions are put in Magneto should have this with ridiculous ease. Aside from all the fun tricks Magneto can do with his powers, his original abilities, messing with metal, are enough to win. Some of Hawksmoor's implants are biological (some added organs and stuff), but others have been shown to be artificial, metallic. His treads, things inside of him, and some of the parts that regulate his connection with the city. Magneto could kill him just by controlling the metal already in his body (without even getting into the "iron in the blood garbage"). And though I believe Jack is faster (just want to address the speed thing now), there's nothing he has that can actually bring down Magneto before he gets going. Poor Jack. Why do you do these things methos? Do you just want me to cry?

#10 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathshroud says:

"now i didnt even know who hawksmoor was until i just read about him . but i am guessing they are fighting in the city that he needs to be in to use his abilities?"
Even so, Magneto's abilities are so diverse and powerful, that a cyborg with the power of a city still doesn't stand a chance a gainst Magneto.
#11 Posted by Sling Shot (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack is still the dude. Not that Mags isn't...

#12 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Poor Jack. Why do you do these things methos? Do you just want me to cry?"

oh come on...

it isn't that bad...

i'd give Jack more than an outsiders chance of pulling this off. he's beaten stronger than Magneto before.

also, you missed last night where someone actually wanted to start a Spiderman Vs Sinestro thread lol

M

#13 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44210 posts) - - Show Bio

Erik wins, poor Jack

#14 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

The limits I spoke of would be along the lines of Magneto not being allowed to affect Jack directly. I think he'd still win eventually, but it would make for a much more entertaining fight.

Sling Shot says:

"Jack is still the dude."

Yes he is.

Methos says:

"oh come on...it isn't that bad...i'd give Jack more than an outsiders chance of pulling this off. he's beaten stronger than Magneto before."

Has he beaten people who were stronger and as intelligent? Not that I can recall. In fact, I don't think he's faced anyone quite like Magneto before at all, you'll have to jog my memory. He's gone up against an evil Doctor (off the top of my head, the closest to Magneto, although tons more powerful so maybe not a good comparison) but that fight was foolishness anyway. If it were real they'd all have died.

#15 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Has he beaten people who were stronger and as intelligent? Not that I can recall. In fact, I don't think he's faced anyone quite like Magneto before at all, you'll have to jog my memory. He's gone up against an evil Doctor (off the top of my head, the closest to Magneto, although tons more powerful so maybe not a good comparison) but that fight was foolishness anyway. If it were real they'd all have died."

fair point...

i guess i'm just trying to find someone to actually match Hawksmoor against for a good fight...

M

#16 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, he's in a weird category. You either beat him decidedly, or there's not chance at all. Hard to find people who can actually fight him for a good length of time.

#17 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah...

he's an annoying character lol

M

#18 Posted by Nerx (15350 posts) - - Show Bio

Mags

#19 Posted by King Saturn (222962 posts) - - Show Bio
Magneto should win here with not too many issues. I mean isnt Jack's implants made of some sort of metallic material that Magneto could manipulate within his body ?