Avatar image for exordiumeternal
ExordiumEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ExordiumEternal

Battle starts in New York City. Ditance 100m apart.

Both are aware of each others abilities, and have had one day to prep.

Standard equipment and powers.

Not bloodlusted but going for the kill.

For the purposes of this fight not being to lopsided, we will assume that Vision is made of a substance which Magneto cannot control.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto vs a guy made of metal

Use your imagination how this ends

ExordiumEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@georgewbush: Is Vision made of Metal? (Citation needed) I don't recall that ever being specified. He could be made of non-metal nanotech.

Vision can also become intangible to some degree, which implies he has the ability to hold his energies together (magnetic or not), which could also prove useful vs Magneto here.

But just in case you are right. I'm going to fix it in the OP to imply that he is not made of any material that Magneto can control. That should level the playing field a bit I hope.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Magneto.

ExordiumEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: Good to know. Pretty cool actually. Can Mag control vibranium? Just out of curiosity.

But either way. For this battle, OP states that Magneto is unable to control Vision directly. Who wins in that scenario?

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By omriamar

ExordiumEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omriamar: For this battle, Magneto cannot control Vision. As stated in the OP. If that is the case, who wins?

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Magneto. Vision can't compete with Magneto's feats tbh.

TheGerudoKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Magneto can not control Vision directly, then Vision wins. He could phase through anything that Magneto throws at him and then one-shot him with the mind stone blast.

Vision wins decisively.

Xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto with no effort. This is a mismatch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't magneto just wipe visions brain?

ExordiumEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: I want to believe the mind stone would prevent this. But iirc, Vision can phase and move too fast for Magneto to react either way.

If Magneto can manage to get a magnetic field up in time, and we assume that field can keep Vision out, Magneto could probably win eventually that way. As long as he is able to damage Vision somehow.

But since he is unable to control Vision, and phasing/blitzing is a thing. I think I'm leaning towards Vision atm.

CryoModeste5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto

rickythanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rickythanos

Vision is *clearly* composed of metal, as was visible (and audible) when Thanos killed him.

Magneto has experience manipulating super metals (adamantium) and caps shield was shown *clearly* affected by magnetism, as thats how he got his shield to go back onto his arm with stark tech in Age of Ultron.

Vibranium is FURTHER confirmed to be suceptible to magnetic force in black panther, as the vibranium trains were verified by Shuri tk be MAG-LEV.

The "magnetism doesn't work on vision in this match" clause is nonsense, and stips like that really should be against the rules.

Mags balls up MCU Vision like tinfoil with the flick of a wrist.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto

I´m not sure how going intangible would work tho

ExordiumEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickythanos: I'm sorry you're upset, and we've already established that if Magneto could control vision then he wins. So no need to get salty over that. lol

The purpose of the 'No controlling Vision Clause', was only to see how things would play out on a level playing field. I mean, come on bro, Magneto being able to manipulate Vision to that extent would give him an insanely unfair advantage, and make all of Visions abilities meaningless here.

I am also a fan of fanfiction, and alternate continuities, so I also think it entirely possible that Stark could upgrade Vision to be immune to Magneto's control just like he has done with some of his own suits.

If you are that upset over this, I sincerely apologize for offending you, but there is no longer a need to continue posting on this thread if you don't like it. Otherwise, please be constructive to the discussion.

SrlangEhen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omriamar said:
@georgewbush said:

@plotweapon16255 said:
@georgewbush said:

Vision is *clearly* composed of metal, as was visible (and audible) when Thanos killed him.

Magneto has experience manipulating super metals (adamantium) and caps shield was shown *clearly* affected by magnetism, as thats how he got his shield to go back onto his arm with stark tech in Age of Ultron.

Vibranium is FURTHER confirmed to be suceptible to magnetic force in black panther, as the vibranium trains were verified by Shuri tk be MAG-LEV.

The "magnetism doesn't work on vision in this match" clause is nonsense, and stips like that really should be against the rules.

Mags balls up MCU Vision like tinfoil with the flick of a wrist.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: I want to believe the mind stone would prevent this. But iirc, Vision can phase and move too fast for Magneto to react either way.

If Magneto can manage to get a magnetic field up in time, and we assume that field can keep Vision out, Magneto could probably win eventually that way. As long as he is able to damage Vision somehow.

But since he is unable to control Vision, and phasing/blitzing is a thing. I think I'm leaning towards Vision atm.

Vision only phases by lowering is density though that would stop a magnetic field affecting him. Has vision ever speed blitzed? I haven't seen anything suggesting he could.

ExordiumEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: Here he can be seen flying at unknown speeds, but from the time it took him to reach the height above the clouds, then return to the ground, it would suggest above the speed of sound, likely around supersonic (1000+MPH). https://gfycat.com/IllHiddenCoyote

Here he can be seen at supersonic flight again. https://gfycat.com/ElatedComplicatedEidolonhelvum

This is noteworthy in the first clip especially since the ultron bots can keep pace with ironman and war machine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_96dOsNux0

This means that Vision must be capable of the same level of speed if he can keep up with ultron bots.

But like I said, if Magneto could get a decent shield up in time, which would only be mental reaction time, not physical, the he might take this anyways.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since OP states Magneto can't manipulate Vision directly, he wins. He can just phase through all of his attacks.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: Here he can be seen flying at unknown speeds, but from the time it took him to reach the height above the clouds, then return to the ground, it would suggest above the speed of sound, likely around supersonic (1000+MPH). https://gfycat.com/IllHiddenCoyote

Here he can be seen at supersonic flight again. https://gfycat.com/ElatedComplicatedEidolonhelvum

This is noteworthy in the first clip especially since the ultron bots can keep pace with ironman and war machine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_96dOsNux0

This means that Vision must be capable of the same level of speed if he can keep up with ultron bots.

But like I said, if Magneto could get a decent shield up in time, which would only be mental reaction time, not physical, the he might take this anyways.

Travel =/= combat. Ironman can travel at supersonic speeds but cannot blitz.

rickythanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rickythanos

Even without magnetism abilities over vision directly, if Magnetos shields are up theres really no offense that Vision could use against him

He'd have to be constantly phasing to get passed a magneto spamming onslaught, which would surely happen. Consyantly phasing also means constantly having zero offense ability.

Also, mags's powers make him a worst-case scenario for Vision even if Mags can't directly manipulate his body. He's a walking Electromagnetic Pulse, and vision's mind is a computer. Vision may not eveb be able to get close to Mags without seriously frying his brain.

ExordiumEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ExordiumEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a final argument for Vision here: What if Vision's opening attack was his beam attack that he shoots from the stone in his head. If they start 100m apart, would Magneto have the reaction time to put up a shield or deflect it some other way before it fries him?

If there are any calcs on how fast those beams move, or how quickly Magneto can react, they would be appreciated. Tbch I think Magneto would be able to react in time, but maybe someone will prove me wrong. Who knows. lol

Krystalak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vision phases ftw

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By darko1234

@exordiumeternal: Magneto still stomps , erik have hyperosnic+ reaction speed, he can stop bullets at point blank range after they fiered, he can easily react to visions beam, and even if he cannot control vison ( wich is stupid and not fiar to limit one charcter like that),he can still destroy vision what is vision blut force durability and pricing durabiltiy to sugest he can survive magneto, magneto would attack him with tousends of tons of metal evrey second at speed faster than fastest bullet,vison have poor reaction speed, he cannot react to that at all, erik would crush him eventualy.Also he cannot attack Erik becase of his force field.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vision stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vision isn't really vibranium composed but made from proteins containing Vibranium atoms. So idk is vision really magnetic. Going with him if he fights like in age of ultron

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By APEX_pretador

Vision stomps under these conditions. He'd be a hard counter here

TheGerudoKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vision easily. With knowledge of what Erik can do he just starts the battle phased. Nothing will hurt him.

Another decisive win for team MCU.