Mage and Wizard Tournament

• 73 results
noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

To celebrate my 2000 posts on this site I will be hosting a Magician tournament.

Some basic rules are as follows:

1. No soul magic, instakilling magic or magic which makes you completely invulnerable. By instakill magic i mean something that can happen instantaneously and the opponent can do nothing about it at all.

2. The speed limit for this tourney is mach 1 movement speed. Strength level may be anywhere below 10 tons. Destruction level is small town level. Your magic can destroy a small town that takes up the radius of 1 square mile.

3. This is not magic only. Your character may be someone who wields a weapon just as well as they perform magic. Magic should just be your go to in this tournament.

Now I will not put a limit on how many people may join but as we go i will make one.

There will be perks. I will create them later. If you have any suggestions make sure to let me know them.

No Caption Provided

I will be joining the tournament depending if i get time or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have time for this but not our Tourney match? o:

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queen_marceline: Im not hosting it alone. If anything im helping. But yes. As to our tourney match ill message you

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Needs more limitations as well imo. Magic can be really hax

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queen_marceline: The limitations set forward will suffice. Is why its mages only.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, might as well just for fun.

I'll sign up with Vanescula Drakan;

No Caption Provided

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: Yep, she has novel feats in addition to stuff she does in quests.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I might have something for this

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VashtaNerada88
Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Zetsu-San  Online

Do we only get 1 character?

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By VashtaNerada88
Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: What about TP? There are characters out there that couldn't bust a town if they tried but have Ahzek Ahriman level TP

Also, do Psykers from Warhammer 40K count as magic users?

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: @vashtanerada88:I said small town level. She is far too powerful for this. Psykers dont use magic so no. And you must be able to bust a small town.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: You're going to get a lot of problems if you don't go over the rules/limitations with someone. Just some advice.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette how many people can be in this?

and can anybody join? if so Id really like to with this guy:

No Caption Provided

Anomander Purake From the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

also about weapons, do magical weapons quality or should they be left out?

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queen_marceline: No problems. Just he wanted to join with someone who can destroy an island. I said town level. not island level. Ive done plenty of tourneys before.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: Well it IS a magic weapon and he DOES use magic like everyone else in that Verse...

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chair-sama: @supremegeneration: Percy jackson is no mage. And pretty sure anomander is too strong. Magical weapons count.

physically he is far under the 10 ton limit. as for destructive force, he is Extremely potent but his largest area of effect was a battlefield taking out soldier thats were arranged into a legion which would be under 1 square mile, and the destruction of daruhjistan, but that was only the buildings in the area he was walking through that were being effected,

His elient form might violate the 10 ton rule but theres no specifically example i can find where he uses physical strength ion the form. its always been magic tied with his claws/teeth.

i have a back up if he's not allowed though :)

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By VashtaNerada88

@noah_ouellette: not for nothing but battle wiki is not a good a reference. Unless your familiar with the Slayerverse and have an instance you were referring too that i don't know about... she has never island busted, or even close too it.

from what i have ever seen, her single best attack is multi city block- small town at best; and requires a solid 10 seconds to cast Dragon Slave

i'm not trying to sneak people in, you had said a radius of 1 sq. mile, i don't see that as over. And i restricted the Giga Slave. (which can't even be considered her own power)

IF you still feel that is too much (Dragon Slave) than can i opt to have Zelgadis, who is the same skill set as Lina minus the dragon slave

kotetsu454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kotetsu454

@noah_ouellette: I want in on this, I just need to come up with someone. Sure I got someone who fits the parameters.

I'm sooooooo tempted to pull out a Fairy Tail character but I think I can be more original than that.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chair-sama: @vashtanerada88: @sirfizzwhizz: @supremegeneration: I am mostly well versed in the slayerverse. It's the only reason I mentioned island level. Giga slave would literally be ridiculous. As is dragon slave is probably Too much. I don't know what battle Wiki is. This is entirely based on my opinion. Which is why my answer is no. Willow should be fine. Anomander is too strong in my opinion. The strongest prince of darkness shouldn't be here. The demigods don't have magic, they have powers. Not allowed.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette:

Battle Wiki is just a wikipedia site for fictional characters that classes them in classes like wall/block/multiblock/city/mountain/island/country etc. busting as well as other physical stats like strength/stanima/durability...

point being, it's a wiki page and isn't the most accurate thing to go off of but they labeled her as island+ which i don't get.(they also labeled Xellos as island level which is nuts cause Xellos>>>>>>>Lina) Even after she swindled Xellos's pendents her Dragon Slave never preformed such DC (destructive capability)

But, no biggie, doesn't hurt to ask. So then Zelgadis should be fine then. (as he doesn't possess anywhere near the same destructive capabilities as Lina)

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Chair-Sama

@chair-sama: @vashtanerada88: @sirfizzwhizz: @supremegeneration: I am mostly well versed in the slayerverse. It's the only reason I mentioned island level. Giga slave would literally be ridiculous. As is dragon slave is probably Too much. I don't know what battle Wiki is. This is entirely based on my opinion. Which is why my answer is no. Willow should be fine. Anomander is too strong in my opinion. The strongest prince of darkness shouldn't be here. The demigods don't have magic, they have powers. Not allowed.

what makes him too strong if you don't mind me asking? for one, his title of "son of darkness" not prince. its an honorific he earned for fighting under Mother Dark(she was the queen of their land, not a god at this point) that was bestowed upon him for his service, just like the titles. he is not some type of royalty, he is also an ascendent not a "god" and he does have magic, he uses warrens for his magic just like every other mage in the malazan universe, his warren is Kurald Galain.

nobody in the malazan world has "powers" they all use magic, and they all come from their perspective warrens, where they channel their magic from. proof of this is even lowly mages in the verse can access the same magic that anomander can, by accessing the same warren. granted it is considered an "elder" warren, forgotten by most of the new generations, but there are no special requirements to use it.

and if you mean Demi-god because he's an ascendent, all ascendent means is he has ascended past any natural means of death(IE; Old age, natural disease, heart attacks, ETC) they are kind of like the elves in LoTR, they can still be killed like normal, with a bow/arrow/sword/magic/bleeding/poison, they just won't age or get sick. but that won't stop they from contracting like a magic related illness, so if there is a sickness caused by magic(unnatural causes) he would still be able to be infected.

i mean he fits all of your parameters without having to be Nerfed or limited at all.

But, even if he can't be used then, id like to Use Quick ben then. even though technically him and anomander at times use the same magic, quick ben is not an ascendent. he is not any type of god, or demigod(neither is anomander but I'm not going to argue about it) . he fits Well into these parameters, and is a mage. the only difference is he can access 12 warrens instead of one ;)

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for natsudragneel41
NatsuDragneel41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jacthripper

This seems like it will get way out of hand...

jt_gh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5790531b876c9
deactivated-5790531b876c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By VashtaNerada88

@jt_gh: He is good but there are definitely other comparable ones. I'm surprised no one has requested anyone from Charmed or Merlin (Colin Morgon)

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bump

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@chair-sama: that guy is well above Mach one last I heard

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zetsu-San  Online

Do they get summons/familiars?

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No demigods? It's godly magic. Ah, oh well. I give up.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zetsumoto: @natsudragneel41: @nariaxavor: @chair-sama: Quick Ben is fine. Anomander isn't allowed as he is far too fast. He blitzes an entire army. Also the entire demigod convo was for supreme who wanted Percy Jackson. Natsu, is far too strong for this, he breaks every parameter. Malekith is too strong, and you know it. He's just superior to Loki. I'll allow one summon or familiar as long they do not surpass the Mage. Just gonna throw this out here. Why no fable picks? Fable heroes have fantastic magic.

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lawz

Lanfear

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Lanfear

No Caption Provided

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zetsu-San  Online

@noah_ouellette:

I'll allow one summon or familiar as long they do not surpass the Mage

Okay.

I'd like to reserve Louise De La Valliere in that case.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: Malekith is too strong, and you know it. He's just superior to Loki.

He ain't more powerful than Loki, lol.

Malekith doesn't even have the feats to compete with him. Losing to weaker opponents like Iron Man and Sif also doesn't help his case and most of his showings aren't all that either.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nariaxavor: Yes he is, he kicks the crap out of Thor, unlike Loki. And Sif is lokis superior but whatever. I should know. I used malekith in two cavs.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By noah_ouellette

@zetsumoto: no world door, and no dispel. Because you cannot prove the magic from either universe works the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he is, he kicks the crap out of Thor, unlike Loki. And Sif is lokis superior but whatever. I should know. I used malekith in two cavs.

He didn't kick the crap out of Thor at all.....Malekith lost all his fights against him aside of one against Unworthy Thor( Even getting stomped by the thunder god in Matt Fraction's run). Loki has defeated the Thor Corps and empowered people to a level where they can go toe a toe with his brother, which are far better feats.

Sif is not even close to being as powerful as Loki, in fact, none of the Warriors Three are.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zetsu-San  Online
noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nariaxavor: Malekith beat a regular thor after confusing him. And then outfought him with his sword. Took on most of asgard himself. All besides odin, with his magic alone. Loki did not. Loki is beneath Malekith. Loki admits this as well when malekith and himself have a direct showdown.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: I mean. I really know nothing about him. And the wiki tells me nothing of his powers. Or capabilities.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Zetsu-San  Online

@noah_ouellette:

He's silent, invisible, and has no smell. He can create a variety of illusions, he's also really fast but nothing to suggest he breaks mach 1. He has some fire magic, but mostly uses it as flash bangs. He can heal himself really quickly. He can also make blades pop out of his body, and he can eat magic (he also sees it). He also has a variety of debuff spells.