Mafia Games Pre-Signup

• 69 results
Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hello! I am one of the the Leaders of the Mafia game. Some Mafias, I notice, don't get much recognition, or people. This is a pre-signup, to see which you want to participate, to save Game Leaders the disappointment of their Mafia failing. (They just get disappointed earlier).

RULES OF MAFIA:

First, let's talk about the basic Mafia game. There are two major sides, Heroes and Villains. The Heroes have a numbers advantage, however they do not know who out of the other players is also a hero. The Villains may be small in numbers, but they get the advantage of a Group PM. Because of this, they will know who their allies are and can discuss freely and privately among each other their plans and strategies. There are also Third Parties, but we'll get more into them further down. Players will be assigned a character by the Hosts, and do not get to directly choose who they'd like to play as.

Every character has unique (or at least semi-unique) abilities that they can use. These include one active ability, one passive ability and may include something else.

The active ability is one that must be PMd to the Hosts in order to be used every night. For example, if a Character had an ability that said "Can kill one player per night", the Player who is that character must PM the Hosts their target every night, or the ability will not be used.The passive ability is one that activates on it's own under certain conditions. For example, if a Character had an ability that said "Will survive any direct attacks, and kill the attacker", if they are attacked during the night, their ability will activate once they are attacked, and the attacker will be killed without any action on the player's part.

The game is split up into two cycles, Night and Day. During the Night, players can use their PM with the Hosts to tell them how they would like to use (or not use) one of their abilities that night. The villains will also use this time to select their target for the nightly kill, and the majority vote in the Villain PM will be attacked by whoever is selected as the nightly killer. Changing from past Mafia games, the Villains will also vote on who the nightly killer is. Whoever gains the most votes, will be the nightly killer. However, once a Villain has been the nightly killer, they cannot be selected again until all other living Villains have also been the nightly killer.

When the Night is over, one of the Hosts will detail the Night's events in a flashy (or not so flashy) post, and the game will go into the Day stage. During the Day, players are encouraged to discuss and analyze the Night's events along with what has happened during the game as a whole to pinpoint someone they think is a villain. The entire group (Even the villains) will vote towards someone to execute. The person with the most votes will be executed by the entire town. Once they have been executed, the day advances into the next night Cycle.

The goal of the game is for one of the major sides to eliminate all major threats. So for Heroes, this means getting rid of all Villains and Malicious Third Parties. For Villains it means to eliminate all Heroes.

The Third Parties have their own individual win conditions. They could help everyone, hinder everyone, stay to themselves, or pick whatever side they want.

Now for the rules. These are simple rules, and I'd very much appreciate if you'd follow them and be a good sport in this game!

Do not be a bad sport!! This is meant to be a fun game, and while friendly competitive banter is completely okay, do not insult any player in a possibly hurtful way. If you do, your team will be forced to pay for your consequences, as you will be removed from the game and your role forever written out.

I will also convene with other hosts to see if they will continue the punishment for bad sports in their own game.Do not PM other Players without Host consent/involvement. Aside from the main villain PM and a few unique cases, there should be no private discussion between players. If a player has PMd you, please inform a Host (WITH PROOF) IMMEDIATELY. This is something that could ruin the game for everyone involved, and we really do not want that. There will be rewards for players who do so.Do not use screenshots to prove your role, in the main thread, or PMs. This also is a game-breaker that would make the game less fun for everyone. Anyone who does will be removed.

You must have at least 100 posts to play. This is to do our best to keep alts out of the game, I apologize to any new Viners without enough posts that are interested, but it's a necessity so that cheaters have less of a chance of succeeding.The Hosts may add/change/remove rules at any time at their discretion. This is our game.

We will try to not be dictators, however if we see a flaw in a rule that is being exploited by other players, we reserve the right to change the rules as we see fit. The better sports you are as players, the less we have to do this. If we do, we will make a large noticeable post and tag every player (alive, dead, or otherwise) to inform the group.

Inactivity will not be tolerated. This has been an issue in several past Mafia games, you must be active in the thread at least once every two nights to some extent. If you are not, you will be warned by a Host, and if you do not change your activity level, your role will be temporarily written out, and possibly given to an active and well behaved player who has died.If you were killed, you are dead. As a role, you're gone. You can't reveal what you know, or affect gameplay at all. You can still talk, but not about anything relating to the game after you died or information you know but haven't shared. If you do anything that could effect another player's choice, you will be removed from the game after a single warning.Have fun!! Let's face it, we're all a bunch of nerds here, so do what you want to make the game more enjoyable! If you want to speak like the character you were assigned, feel free! If you want to alter your playstyle to be in character, have a ball! Post memes, songs, GIFs, pictures, etc. Don't go overboard (posting the same thing five times gets kind of old) but enjoy yourself!

Current List Of Mafias:

SerpinetheGreen's Disney Mafia

LimitlessEdge's Manga Mafia

Full123's (Mine) One Piece Mafia

Neon_Leon's Wilson Mafia (Only characters with the name of Wilson eg. Deadpool, Kingpin etc. )

IndomitableRegal's Marvel vs. Capcom Mafia

ComiKing24's Spider Mafia (Only Spider-Man related characters)

Amendment50's Video Game V.2 Mafia

Travd6's Bleach Mafia

EmperorThanos's Naruto Mafia

Pick which one(s) you like best, and you will be added to a pre-registered list for that individual Mafia. Thus, you will get tagged for the ones which you like and are likely to play only. This will hopefully allow us Game Leaders to gauge interest.

Thanks for reading or participating!

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Full123

Post containing all of the sign ups:

Disney

Manga

One Piece

Wilson Mafia

MvC

Spider-Man

Video Game

Bleach

Naruto

livewyre718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sign me up for all

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sign me up

Avatar image for no_one_expects_the_silver_surf
No_one_expects_the_Silver_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sign me up for the VG and Spider mafia

iSoupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider and Disney Mafia please

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sign me up for each and all

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LimitlessEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LimitlessEdge

Put me in for all.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@full123: yeah I will sign up for all as well.

StormKing1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sign me up for every Mafia game listed and consider me signed up for every mafia over the course of this year

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mr_nofunallowed
Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mr_NoFunAllowed

Sign me up for everything but the Spider Mafia.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill sign up for the disney one and the mvc one. Been awhile since I mafia'd.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sign me up mofos

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By IndomitableRegal

@full123: I'm not sure which ones I'll be signing up for, but you can go ahead and put me under Bleach for now. Also, I don't know how much work it would be for you, but is there any way to replicate this under some of the other forums? Like it might be helpful to copy this under Off-Topic and General Discussion too, since some users don't use the battle forums.

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm working 12's with an hour and half drive through sunday I think. After that I'm down for one.

ComiKing24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sign me up for the MVC, Naruto, and Bleach mafias.

Boomkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sign me up for the bleach and naruto mafia.

Flash1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sawed_Off_It

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@full123: Disney Mafia sounds cool. I will participate in that. I have only one mafia before and had no idea what the hell was going on for most of it lol

But i at least have a better idea now. Still not fully informed on it all but still interested

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@full123: theme doesnt matter to me. Its more about game set up and abilities and if I have enough free time.

Boomkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Boomkilla

@full123: I also want to enter the spider-man and mvc mafia.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Full123
Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Saint_of_Origin

This seems convenient

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@full123: Put me down for Video Game V2 for now...wanna see how badly Amendment screwed up my legacy :P lmao

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LimitlessEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello everyone! This is a Pre-Signup thread for future Mafia games!

If you're getting this tag, you've either participated in Mafias in the past, or are believed to be someone who'd excel at this sort of game. The OP includes full details on the rules and how to play (note that this isn't a CaV or a tournament, but a game of strategy), as well as a list of confirmed upcoming games and their respective hosts (I myself will be hosting an Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Mafia). Obviously, you're under no obligation to participate, but if you think you might be interested, please look through the OP and choose any games that may interest you. You're free to change your mind at any time. If you know anyone else who you think might be interested, you can tag them as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask myself, @limitlessedge, @full123, or @saint_of_origin. I hope to see you guys in future games!

LimitlessEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: O.o Damn, you didn't call it master list for nothin. That's one long list.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

I like the Mafia's but I'm not a good participant, usually afk. Not fair to the hosts for that.

Please don't tag me for any future mafias.

Avatar image for royrodgersmcfreely
RoyRodgersMcFreely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: Fair enough. I'll remove you from the list. You can always change your mind if you want.

@royrodgersmcfreely: Sure. You can join as many as you want, just let us know which ones.

Avatar image for royrodgersmcfreely
RoyRodgersMcFreely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the Mafia's but I'm not a good participant, usually afk. Not fair to the hosts for that.

This^

I may participate in the future but right now I have other stuff on CV to do.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This I'm really not on here like that anymore, plus Idk how to play, if someone could explain, I'd be willing to participate in the future.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll sign up for Disney & Video Game.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Noted. Full should add you.

@primez0ne: Got it. Some of these games probably won't start for a month or more. If you want, I could leave you on the list and you can just be tagged when individual games are starting (if not, let me know and I'll take you off).

@marshall_long: The full list of rules and themes are in the OP, but to summarize:

There are 2 main sides, heroes & villains, and roles are typically assigned randomly. There are also 3rd parties which I'll get to later. The heroes have a numbers advantage, usually outnumbering the villains by about 2:1. The villains have the advantage of a private group PM, which means not only do they all already know each other, but they can freely discuss strategy.

There are also 2 phases, day and night, each of which lasts as long as the host specifies. Every role comes with active and/or passive abilities, including investigations, kills, disables, etc. All roles can use their abilities during the night (the villains also have the benefit of a nightly killer). To use an active ability, simply PM the host during the night phase (passive abilities will activate on their own if certain conditions are met). During the day, everyone votes off a player who they believe to be a villain (this is tricky because the heroes aren't certain who is actually a villain, and the villains can be pretending to be heroes in order to get a hero voted off instead). The person with the most votes is eliminated from the game, and then the night phase begins again.

Heroes win by eliminating all of the villains, and villains win by eliminating all of the heroes. The 3rd parties have their own individual win conditions and can act however they see fit in order to fulfill them. Sometimes they'll help the heroes. Sometimes they'll help the villains. Sometimes they'll just help themselves. Here's a link to a finished mafia from a few months ago Game of The Year Mafia.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: Alright thanks. Sounds fun, I definitely check out the finished thread.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@full123: I'm not butthurt or anything but it would have been nice if you would have mentioned that I brought the Mafia games to CV in the first place about 10 months ago. =P

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Nice list