Maestro Hulk vs Thor

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@divell: I think Hulk rather than Banner holding back is somewhat debatable. They are not always portrayed as being one and the same. In Waid's run there was a lot of the Hulk holding back and "punching down" while in his Savage incarnation.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maestro

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#403  Edited By Thor-Parker

God, this is why I don´t debate anymore unless it´s a CaV, the amount of lowballing is unbearable.

As for this fight, I don´t know much about Maestro, so i can´t comment on this.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

Please tell me you don't just think that Thor is being lowballed here, right? There are literally people saying that any Thor beats any Hulk = an unworthy Thor without his axe beats someone like World Breaker, Space Punisher, Devil, or Herald Hulk.

As for Maestro, he's essentially a futuristic evil Hulk who absorbed a bunch of gamma and basically took over earth; you can see his trophy room which implies he beat people such as Thor, Nova? etc.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maestro Hulk.

And he does it without much difficulty.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divell: That response is not accurate at all and you're overusing Thor fighting Nul Hulk as an argument to prove Thor's superiority. The fact Nul didn't flat out killed Thor was because Thor BFR'd him, if he didn't do so he would have fainted or whatever anyways and Hulk would still be completely fine, as he indeed was after landing once again on Earth. Anyways, you citing Incredible Hulk Annual from 2001 is rather funny because Hulk tanked Thor's lightning prior to the scans you posted.

TP82: It is important to note that Thor was weakened due to a cosmic wound as seen in The Mighty Thor #1-6, while it is true that Hulk was fine after landing again on earth, this was an amped Hulk to an unknown degree, so it´s not correct to assume regular Hulk would or wouldn´t tank the attack.

As for Hulk tanking Thor´s lightning previously in the issue, this might as well just prove that a couple of lightning strikes are enough to knock out Hulk, add the fact that by the dialogue and what was happening, the intention was pretty clear (at least for me), when Thor wanted to end the conflict he did it placing a lightning on Hulk´s head, but even if you don´t agree with that, my first point still stands, a couple of lightning strikes are enough to knock out Hulk.

Moreover, in the same issue after Hulk is momentarily "KO'd" by Thor, i mean, it was literally seconds before Hulk broke free again and it didn't seem like a KO either because Hulk was still Hulk contrary to turn back to Banner as he did in the same freaking issue afterwards, Hulk jumped on him and grounded him within 3 hits and made him claim Hulk was stronger than him, so i don't understand how could you state Thor has always been portrayed as stronger than Hulk when in the same issue you're citing Thor flat out admits Hulk is stronger...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TP82: It wasn´t seconds, actually it was rather long the amount of time Hulk was knocked out, Thor grabbed him and transported him to another dimension and was about to leave him there but he decided not to IIRC, (let me know if that wasn´t the case, I read Hulk annual 2001 a long time ago) then he grabbed him again and when he was teleporting to another place, Hulk took him by surprise and punched him three times, and Thor seemed to be knocked out, however based on the panels and the dialogue itself, Thor was not down for more than 5 seconds, the dialogue even states that it is unknown if Thor still breathes/is knocked out.

As for Hulk being stronger than Thor, I completely agree, but the issue was also very clear on one thing, that Thor is overall more powerful, that was the message this entire issue was saying.

So likewise, same as you claiming Thor would end the fight rather quickly, the same can be said about Hulk given how easily he grounded Thor, might as well keep punching until Thor enters a coma, either way, the other parts are just irrelevant, you stating Thor has beaten Hulk more times than not is not true and the quantity of fights between them both proves it and are there to cite.

TP82: None can ground the other easily.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

Please tell me you don't just think that Thor is being lowballed here, right? There are literally people saying that any Thor beats any Hulk = an unworthy Thor without his axe beats someone like World Breaker, Space Punisher, Devil, or Herald Hulk.

As for Maestro, he's essentially a futuristic evil Hulk who absorbed a bunch of gamma and basically took over earth; you can see his trophy room which implies he beat people such as Thor, Nova? etc.

Both parties are being lowballed.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Oh dear god you just initiated an argument with GhostRavage

*insert various abandon thread gifs here*

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Oh dear god you just initiated an argument with GhostRavage

*insert various abandon thread gifs here*

Hahaha don´t worry, we´re trying to keep it civil..........I hope it works.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: Oh, and I know who Maestro is and what he did, I just don´t know his exact feats, thanks for the information anyway :)

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usually seen as either way between Hulk and Thor but the Hulk supporters have done a ridiculously better job on why Hulk wins

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#412  Edited By GhostRavage

@divell:

I guess u actually misunderstand me, Hulk doesn't hold back, the one that hold back Hulk is banner. The only Hulk that holds back by himself is Doc Green (he doesn't want to give on the anger), Professor Hulk as u see it in the first picture u show me, and Green Scar, the last two of them hold back bc they are controlled by Banner not Hulk himself. Otherwise Hulk would be in a constant lv of the Hulk that destroyer Onslaught or Mindless Hulk (I think they are the same, don't remember) that their Banner persona were removed from their psychic. But Hulk himself doesn't hold back. Doesn't know how to pull his punches. Doesn't know how to beat a enemy except by overpowering by his own strength.

The first scan isn't even Professor Hulk but Zen Banner and the last time Professor Hulk is seen was during Onslaught: Marvel Universe #1 when he was physically separated after busting Onslaught's armor. Green Scar was revealed at the end of Heart of The Monster, Incredible Hulk #635 to be Banner all the time in the body of Hulk and still Amadeus Cho confirmed Hulk always holds back and pulls his punches all the time because Banner wants so regardless of Banner having direct control over them or not, hell, the scan he posted of Banner himself explaining how he controls Hulk subconsciously during Incredible Hulk #54 already seals the deal about it.

Moreover, the Hulk that busted Onslaught's armor isn't Mindless Hulk, it was literally a really pissed off Savage Hulk. Mindless Hulk only appeared of 8 issues and 1 annual and the whole concept about this incarnation was Nightmare suppressing Banner's consciousness incredibly deep into Hulk's persona, making him nothing more than a brute beast, but this Hulk couldn't even speak, didn't know who he was and all he knew and did was driven purely by instinct whereas the Hulk that fought Onslaught was still aware of the foe he was fighting, still knew he was Hulk and even went as far as claiming what Savage Hulk always claims, he's the strongest there is.

Regardless, Hulk is Banner and everything regarding Hulk is still Banner and there would be no Hulk without Banner because Hulk is Banner to begin with. Even then, in more modern days it was explicitly stated by Banner himself that he never had the chance to watch Hulk from the outside but he noticed he doesn't like to punch down and the stronger the foe, the harder he punches (paraphrased) and that's actually Hulk's character being in charge, which is completely understandable because Savage Hulk is still Banner's childhood trauma expressed physically and empathy towards other beings is expected...

No Caption Provided

Anyways, everything said, you know shit about what you're talking about, you're a joke and a very bad example of a Thor debater, even more so when you consistently post nonsense and talk about things in a factual manner which are utterly wrong and taken out of context. Nobody misinterpreted you even though judging by the structure of your arguments is something people might tend to do, what people is actually doing here is schooling you on facts you're rather oblivious about. It would be better for you to simply restrain yourself from arguing any point of view regarding Hulk because 99% of the time you get it completely off a trustworthy point, stick to your Thor knowledge even though it involves citing non canon material and absurd mutilation of character development.

Hell, i didn't even replied to your last comment addressed to me because the very first paragraph was utterly uninterpretable, you didn't even formulated an idea for me to work with and it makes no sense whatsoever. That said, the fact you claimed everything Marvel writes IN or OUTSIDE Earth-616 is still canon because Marvel wrote just killed it for me, like, that's the stupidest thing i've seen anyone claiming here.

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divell: I think Hulk rather than Banner holding back is somewhat debatable. They are not always portrayed as being one and the same. In Waid's run there was a lot of the Hulk holding back and "punching down" while in his Savage incarnation.

not really is been constantly portayed as both and not one entity in their brains, banner and Hulk and is never seen Hulk as holding back but banner holding his strength. Yes i know what u mean

No Caption Provided

it doesn't has to be with Hulk holding back but with Hulk starting a fight

The more formidable the foe, the more eager he is to start swinging.

And that's what i love about Hulk, Thor, Kenpachi or Madara type of characters. Looking for the strongest to fight them and destroy them.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

It is important to note that Thor was weakened due to a cosmic wound as seen in The Mighty Thor #1-6, while it is true that Hulk was fine after landing again on earth, this was an amped Hulk to an unknown degree, so it´s not correct to assume regular Hulk would or wouldn´t tank the attack.

I've already acknowledged the fact Thor was weakened by his cosmic wound back in comment #309 and i have never implied Savage Hulk would tank or not the attack, even though i do believe he would have but that's a whole topic altogether.

As for Hulk tanking Thor´s lightning previously in the issue, this might as well just prove that a couple of lightning strikes are enough to knock out Hulk, add the fact that by the dialogue and what was happening, the intention was pretty clear (at least for me), when Thor wanted to end the conflict he did it placing a lightning on Hulk´s head, but even if you don´t agree with that, my first point still stands, a couple of lightning strikes are enough to knock out Hulk.

The fact Hulk has already tanked Thor's lightning several times in the past in 4 different incarnations means he should be able to tank them most of the time. The issue doesn't prove anything, Thor was more powerful and Hulk was stronger which is explicitly implied in the issue. The analogy you're using isn't that accurate because Hulk actually tanked the lightning prior to that scan and was really shaken and on his knees, perhaps Thor stroke him with a more powerful lightning and made him dizzy enough to grab him and take him elsewhere, but the issue isn't a law and considering there are other instances besides Incredible Hulk Annual from 2001 that shows Hulk tanking those lightnings way more efficiently means consistency falls outside that issue. Likewise, if we're taking that issue as "proof" then Thor getting grounded by Hulk within 3 hits is "proof" Thor can be knocked out if assaulted aggressively. Regardless, Hulk has become exponentially stronger and more durable after 2006, it is very faulty of you to make such a definitive claim when you were explicitly arguing against speculation (which was uncalled for because i never stated something for you to claim i did). How much more has Hulk evolved around the years? Well, back then he could have been easily slapped by Thanos into a KO, currently he smiles at Thanos's punches with no harm whatsoever.

It wasn´t seconds, actually it was rather long the amount of time Hulk was knocked out, Thor grabbed him and transported him to another dimension and was about to leave him there but he decided not to IIRC, (let me know if that wasn´t the case, I read Hulk annual 2001 a long time ago) then he grabbed him again and when he was teleporting to another place, Hulk took him by surprise and punched him three times, and Thor seemed to be knocked out, however based on the panels and the dialogue itself, Thor was not down for more than 5 seconds, the dialogue even states that it is unknown if Thor still breathes/is knocked out.

Hulk wasn't KO'd to begin with, he might as well be rather dizzy to even fight back at the moment but if he was genuinely KO'd he would have turned to Banner as he 99% does, even more so when in the same issue he was calming down ultimately KOing himself after turning into Banner. The problem with the teleportation and Thor grabbing Hulk is the fact Thor teleports rather fast between dimensions to the point of almost seemed as blinking away from them and it is blatantly visible in the same issue when he teleports Hulk the first time.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hulk was even in the same position he was when he left Midgard and arrived to the other dimension so Thor's traveling between planes is rather fast yet Thor stroke Hulk with lightning, grabbed him and teleported away and right at the moment of both of them traveling between planes Hulk punched him and fell into a random dimension, which means:

• Hulk wasn't KO'd because he was still Hulk.
  • Hulk reacted back at Thor within a period of time ridiculously short.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There's not even a time indicator in the instance but i'm playing reasonable and polite towards Thor's supporters by claiming it was within seconds but in all honesty, i strongly believe it was even faster than that and the time Hulk was "out" wasn't anything noteworthy in my opinion.

As for Hulk being stronger than Thor, I completely agree, but the issue was also very clear on one thing, that Thor is overall more powerful, that was the message this entire issue was saying.

I also agree Hulk was stronger than Thor back then and it is even stronger now considering his amp and i also agree Thor is more powerful, but in a fight between a being that has a ridiculous level of durability and regenerative paraphernalia which also includes durability against versatility against a being whose sole and only real advantage is his versatility, i think the scales are rather equal and are within a completely debatable field, whereas you side with one side more than another is your opinion, but picturing Thor as much more than Hulk is not accurate, not that i'm implying you were doing so, but definitely someone in this thread.

None can ground the other easily.

Claiming a couple of lightning strikes when addressing the potential of the God of Thunder seems like an argument for "grounding the other guy" easily, if so, Hulk grounding Thor on-panel with 3 hits should be applicable. If we discard such statement, then we have an agreement.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416  Edited By Spambot

@reaverlation: From what I've seen its been mostly nothing but 'regular Hulk gives Thor problems so amped Maestro Hulk should easily win' which leaves out quite a bit of context when Thor and Hulk normally fight. I also haven't seen much in the way of real feats for Maestro other than his trophy room which also gives zero context for how he got those trophies in the first place. I mean if Maestro Hulk has great feats that show he could resist Thor's more powerful energy attacks then it would help Maestro's case a lot imo but I have yet to see those.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@spambot: he's tanked a none holding back blast from genis vel and was only mildly annoyed by it, he hammered proffesor hulk prior to him getting that anger inhibitor (as in at that point proffesor hulk had the strength of savage hulk, the cunning of grey and the inteligence of banner) and when he got tired of trying to talk he ended the fight straight away and broke hulks neck. And for reference proffesor hulk AFTER getting an anger inhibitor (as in weaker than when he fought maestro) stalemated warrior madness thor... He's also stomped spiderman 2099 twice and genis vel didn't think they'd survive an encounter with maestro.

More recently he let ulik hit him full force and didn't flinch, and then went on to pummel him, and in a fight with general ross as the thing the shockwaves of his punches made ruby summers think her body was going to break.

He probably has a few more that I'm missing but that's all I can remember off the top of my head, it's worth noting that in his current series he's now sporting armour supposedly made from ultron and ironman suits, has the soulsword, caps shield and ronans universal weapon. He's fighting ares in 2 days as well.

And as for his trophy room, he occasionally notes things about people that most people don't know. For example he knew exactly how to easliy beat genis vel (even though it didn't work for some reason) because he did it before, and knew that Mr sinister heals because he's killed him before.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: When did Professor Hulk fight a warrior's madness Thor?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 thedailybagel  Moderator

@spambot: I can't remember the issue number, but proffesor hulk had shrapnel in his brain and was trying to prevent the war that caused him to become maestro, him and thor started fighting and thor went into warriors madness.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: I can't remember the issue number, but proffesor hulk had shrapnel in his brain and was trying to prevent the war that caused him to become maestro, him and thor started fighting and thor went into warriors madness.

Issue INH#440. I believe Hulk save Thor life by BFRing him from a incoming Nuke

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421  Edited By Spambot

@thedailybagel said:

I think you'd need to show something from the battle to show he had truly stalemated warrior's madness Thor and still waiting to see feats for Maestro which show energy durability. Thor has shown to be capable of putting down Surfer with an energy blast who has prob the best energy resistance of any character below Thanos level. Also, what caused Thor to go into warrior's madness in that fight?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 thedailybagel  Moderator

@spambot: or you can just look up the fight yourself seeing as it takes two seconds to do so.

A younger, weaker version of maestro (maestro is supposed to be a crazy, evil, stronger proffesor hulk) tanking warrior madness thors lighting isn't enough to say that maestro could do it? The same proffesor hulk that maestro spanked despite hulk being stronger against maestro than he was against thor? Or how about onlu being mildly annoyed at a non holding back blast from genis vel?

When has thor brought down surfer with blasts?

He didn't want to hold back anymore and IIRC hulk was making himself a scapegoat to avoid nations going to war. Thor lost it near the start of the fight and entered warriors madness.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Dude, if you are going to reference a fight to try and prove a point that sort of makes it your job to provide context or scans for it. Don't bring it up if you are just going to say 'go look it up yourself'. Its not always that easy to locate a fight on the internet. I was asking what exactly made Thor go into warrior's madness. Thor has energy blasts other than lightning as well. He nearly one shot Surfer with lightning or energy during Blood and Thunder and also knocked him down or out with a physical blow. I don't think the fight between Hulk and Thor there really proved much either other than Hulk can tank his lightning which isn't always of equal intensity.

BradWilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be a tough fight, but I would assume the Maestro would win. I mean, doesn't he already have experience killing the Thor of his timeline? I would assume that would give him some insights into how he could expect a fight to the death with Thor would go and thus know what to do to kill him.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor would win if he were a smart fighter. But more often than not, against people like the Hulk, he'll charge in there and want to slug it out instead of using any of his abilities that could get him an easier victory.

And in a slugfest, it's probably going to be Maestro who stands victorious.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: The fight takes place throughout the whole issue, he isn't posting the entire thing here and the reason why Thor entered Warrior's Madness was because it was inevitable, the sudden surge of power while fighting a seemingly world wide threat terrorist attempting against human kind, on top of that how intense was the battle. Thor during those issues, namely shirtless Thor, didn't restrain himself that much and he also entered Warrior's Madness trying to harm Onslaught which he failed. If you want i can post 4 to 5 scans about the fight so you can see how even they were, but you can't really become so hostile because people doesn't seem to feel and search for extra visible proof when the issue # and citation was already given.

dball_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427  Edited By dball_20

@floopay: you can thank the writers for his idiocy against hulk, they do that with most characters hulk faces, but Thor has fought smart a good amount of times

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: The fight takes place throughout the whole issue, he isn't posting the entire thing here and the reason why Thor entered Warrior's Madness was because it was inevitable, the sudden surge of power while fighting a seemingly world wide threat terrorist attempting against human kind, on top of that how intense was the battle. Thor during those issues, namely shirtless Thor, didn't restrain himself that much and he also entered Warrior's Madness trying to harm Onslaught which he failed. If you want i can post 4 to 5 scans about the fight so you can see how even they were, but you can't really become so hostile because people doesn't seem to feel and search for extra visible proof when the issue # and citation was already given.

Didn't Hulk have to hold back during that fight due to his physic failsafe? Meaning if he got too angry he would have reverted back to Banner

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429  Edited By Spambot

@ghostravage: How was I being hostile when I simply asked a question and his reply to it was "or you can just look up the fight yourself seeing as it takes two seconds to do so."? It would take him far less time to just give me the answer then for me to try and hunt down a panel or two that explained why Thor entered warrior's madness and I wasn't asking him to post scans of the entire issue. The idea that I could find the exact panel I would need to explain it and be able to read it(which often you cannot read the type in scans found on the internet) at all much less in 2 seconds is ridiculous. He brought it up so asking him to elaborate is what you call basic communication even for the internet.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sense the war.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dball_20 said:

@floopay: you can thank the writers for his idiocy against hulk, they do that with most characters hulk faces, but Thor has fought smart a good amount of times

While that is true, in general Thor doesn't fight well against brawlers.

Whether it's the Thing, Juggernaut, Hulk, Gladiator, Silver Surfer, or whatever. Thor is generally written as a brawler. It's only when he's facing more powerful opponents or large quantities of opponents that he ever really uses his other powers.

And yeah, it's usually WIS. But consistent WIS at the very least.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

It is important to note that Thor was weakened due to a cosmic wound as seen in The Mighty Thor #1-6, while it is true that Hulk was fine after landing again on earth, this was an amped Hulk to an unknown degree, so it´s not correct to assume regular Hulk would or wouldn´t tank the attack.

I've already acknowledged the fact Thor was weakened by his cosmic wound back in comment #309 and i have never implied Savage Hulk would tank or not the attack, even though i do believe he would have but that's a whole topic altogether.

TP82: Fair enough

The fact Hulk has already tanked Thor's lightning several times in the past in 4 different incarnations means he should be able to tank them most of the time. The issue doesn't prove anything, Thor was more powerful and Hulk was stronger which is explicitly implied in the issue. The analogy you're using isn't that accurate because Hulk actually tanked the lightning prior to that scan and was really shaken and on his knees, perhaps Thor stroke him with a more powerful lightning and made him dizzy enough to grab him and take him elsewhere, but the issue isn't a law and considering there are other instances besides Incredible Hulk Annual from 2001 that shows Hulk tanking those lightnings way more efficiently means consistency falls outside that issue. Likewise, if we're taking that issue as "proof" then Thor getting grounded by Hulk within 3 hits is "proof" Thor can be knocked out if assaulted aggressively. Regardless, Hulk has become exponentially stronger and more durable after 2006, it is very faulty of you to make such a definitive claim when you were explicitly arguing against speculation (which was uncalled for because i never stated something for you to claim i did). How much more has Hulk evolved around the years? Well, back then he could have been easily slapped by Thanos into a KO, currently he smiles at Thanos's punches with no harm whatsoever.

TP82: My bad, I worded it wrong, of course Hulk can tank Thor´s lightning, but a combination of lightning strikes and hammer striked should be enough to knock out Hulk or at the very least leave him very damaged, as so do Hulk´s punches if he gets to connect several of them without Thor doing something to avoid them.

I´m sorry if I said you claimed something you didn´t, maybe I misunderstood so I apologize for that, I don´t think Thor can knock out Hulk with ease nor can Hulk knock out Thor with ease, I see this as a very good and hard fight, but I honestly don´t see Hulk taking a majority, Thor has too many advantages such as flight, striking power, similar durability, versatility (non factor), and others, but the most significant is certainly his striking power, the one capable of hurting Galactus.

It wasn´t seconds, actually it was rather long the amount of time Hulk was knocked out, Thor grabbed him and transported him to another dimension and was about to leave him there but he decided not to IIRC, (let me know if that wasn´t the case, I read Hulk annual 2001 a long time ago) then he grabbed him again and when he was teleporting to another place, Hulk took him by surprise and punched him three times, and Thor seemed to be knocked out, however based on the panels and the dialogue itself, Thor was not down for more than 5 seconds, the dialogue even states that it is unknown if Thor still breathes/is knocked out.

Hulk wasn't KO'd to begin with, he might as well be rather dizzy to even fight back at the moment but if he was genuinely KO'd he would have turned to Banner as he 99% does, even more so when in the same issue he was calming down ultimately KOing himself after turning into Banner. The problem with the teleportation and Thor grabbing Hulk is the fact Thor teleports rather fast between dimensions to the point of almost seemed as blinking away from them and it is blatantly visible in the same issue when he teleports Hulk the first time.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hulk was even in the same position he was when he left Midgard and arrived to the other dimension so Thor's traveling between planes is rather fast yet Thor stroke Hulk with lightning, grabbed him and teleported away and right at the moment of both of them traveling between planes Hulk punched him and fell into a random dimension, which means:

• Hulk wasn't KO'd because he was still Hulk.
  • Hulk reacted back at Thor within a period of time ridiculously short.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There's not even a time indicator in the instance but i'm playing reasonable and polite towards Thor's supporters by claiming it was within seconds but in all honesty, i strongly believe it was even faster than that and the time Hulk was "out" wasn't anything noteworthy in my opinion.

TP82: Like I said, I read the issue a long time ago and asked for clarification if I was right, and damn, I could have sworn Hulk was out much longer, but even then, it´s the same case as with Hulk "grounding" Thor with 3 punches, he wasn´t knocked out, just very damaged, same case with Hulk, so they´re even so far in the issue.

I also agree Hulk was stronger than Thor back then and it is even stronger now considering his amp and i also agree Thor is more powerful, but in a fight between a being that has a ridiculous level of durability and regenerative paraphernalia which also includes durability against versatility against a being whose sole and only real advantage is his versatility, i think the scales are rather equal and are within a completely debatable field, whereas you side with one side more than another is your opinion, but picturing Thor as much more than Hulk is not accurate, not that i'm implying you were doing so, but definitely someone in this thread.

TP82: Hulk is physically stronger, there is no debating on that one and I have no problem with that, but also IMO there is no much room to debate who is overall more powerful, I am not saying Thor beats Hulk easily or that he is 10 times more powerful, I´m just saying that Thor clearly (IMO) is portrayed more powerful.

You mentioned Thor´s only advantage is his versatility and that´s where I disagree the most, versatility probably won´t even play a factor if Thor decided to fight like he always does against Hulk, Thor´s most important advantage is his striking power.

None can ground the other easily.

Claiming a couple of lightning strikes when addressing the potential of the God of Thunder seems like an argument for "grounding the other guy" easily, if so, Hulk grounding Thor on-panel with 3 hits should be applicable. If we discard such statement, then we have an agreement.

TP82: Like I said above, I may have worded it wrongly if I made it seem as if Thor easily beats Hulk, while I do think Thor should take 8/10, he is going to work hard for it.

IMO Thor could beat Hulk somewhat easy if he used something like a God-Blast or what he did against Glory, but he´s never doing that against Hulk, so I don´t know why I even mention this haha.

So in conclusion, my opinion is that neither beats the other easily, but Thor should take a majority, I´d like to hear why you think Hulk would take a majority.

dball_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: yea, I agree. It's not just Thor, everyone has their share of poor writing, but I would say Thor gets the worst of it at times. There are so many variables that go into Thor it's ridiculous. I just wish they would treat him better.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dball_20: Does Thor really get singled out for poor writing? Sure, one comic might have him getting speed blitzed by Wolverine but in another he is smacking Galactus in the temple or manhandling the SS or one-shotting a Builder. The dude gets a lot of respect IMHO and recent events have really played that up. Goddoom did choose a bunch of Thors as his enforcers. Heck, even without Mjolnir, Unworthy Thor was still a force to be reckoned with.

Hulk has had his share of bad writing too. Compare Jason Aaron's runs on both characters. His Hulk run was a complete atrocity. While I personally found his Thor run to be lackluster and inconsistent (most especially with power scaling) it was extremely respectful/generous to several versions of Thor. PAD basically punked his own creation in the new Future Imperfect mini-series (I loved seeing more of the Maestro but the story was crap) and then there is the Maestro's incredibly low showing against SS in a Secret Wars spin-off.

Can you give me some examples of the poor treatment Thor has been receiving? I feel like I am pretty up-to-date on Marvel but I may have missed some stuff.

At least with Thor, folks on CV treat the version like it matters (Unworthy, King Thor, RKT, or regular Thor, etc.) but in this very thread folks are ignoring the version of Hulk. He is explicitly stated to be much stronger than regular Hulk due to time spent absorbing radiation but that isn't really being treated as relevant here. I have seen the same thing happen to WBH on CV. Folks are still using an old feat of Thor stunning (arguably KO-ing) a Savage Hulk with a single lightning bolt as if the Hulk had not evolved as a character over time (one evolution of the character being the Maestro).

AlphaAboveAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435  Edited By AlphaAboveAll

It's known Thor and Hulk have had their days in being stalement 24/7. Thor's hammer can beat the crap out of Hulk if the war was in less time. But if Hulk's rage has been already altered to be high, then Hulk can beat the crap out of Thor. But this is Masestro Hulk, which ......

possesses the intelligence that is equal to or greater than Bruce Banner, while also possessing enhanced power that is greater than that of the Hulk.

Thor is gonna get whacked here. Sorry about it. XD

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By GhostRavage

@thor_parker82:

My bad, I worded it wrong, of course Hulk can tank Thor´s lightning, but a combination of lightning strikes and hammer striked should be enough to knock out Hulk or at the very least leave him very damaged, as so do Hulk´s punches if he gets to connect several of them without Thor doing something to avoid them.

I´m sorry if I said you claimed something you didn´t, maybe I misunderstood so I apologize for that, I don´t think Thor can knock out Hulk with ease nor can Hulk knock out Thor with ease, I see this as a very good and hard fight, but I honestly don´t see Hulk taking a majority, Thor has too many advantages such as flight, striking power, similar durability, versatility (non factor), and others, but the most significant is certainly his striking power, the one capable of hurting Galactus.

Lightning strikes and hammer smacks is all Thor is going to use against Hulk so for the battle to be debatable in the first place, those things must be enough to KO Hulk, even though the amount of them is rather unknown but surely a significant amount, that of course if Thor doesn't fall first which is mainly the reason i would argue for Hulk's side. Even considering Thor should have a slightly better striking force than Hulk in my opinion, i don't fall behind Thor's striking power to be as great as been able to harm Galactus, the instance referred which i believe is The Mighty Thor #4, is stretched as far as my knowledge goes, considering Galactus was starving and was depleting the limited energies he had by fighting telepathically against Odin, so it's not like he was operating anywhere near his best nor average since Galactus being impervious to damage goes as far as tanking Celestials, which in return are exponentially above Thor's capabilities. Either way, i'm not going to post the scans because i'm sure you have the issue, but to further explain and strengthen my point, take for example a non-starving Galactus back in The Heroic Age: Avengers #5 when Thor does exactly the same thing but fails to even leave a scratch on Galactus and proceeds to almost being one shot'd by him afterwards...

In this instance Galactus didn't have a Sky-Father trying to assault his mind, he wasn't starving and he wasn't depleting his energies on something besides living, likewise, Thor was unable to hurt him even while charging in a very similar way as he did back in the aforementioned The Mighty Thor #4, so in all honesty, Thor hurting Galactus shouldn't be a definitive striking power and i'm a strong believer that Thor's best striking force is still planet busting. As per the other "advantages" Thor is not used to use his versatility besides lightning and 1 or 2 beams including anti-matter beams, which considering Galdiator can tank them and lesser beings to Hulk, i see no reason why Hulk shouldn't tank them as well, even more so when his durability goes as far as overpowering Primary Adamantium's properties itself.

That said, Thor doesn't have similar durability and he's been harmed by far less things than Hulk, regardless, i have no quarrels falling behind your view that they still are within the same league so to speak, but it's a fact that even though Thor might have a better striking force, Hulk has more than enough power to greatly damage him with his punches, and i'm talking a few, and i'm subscribed to the notion that Thor can't take much punches from an enraged Hulk. Basically, Thor has better striking force which is leveled by Hulk's own superior durability, specially against blunt force whereas Hulk has similar striking force and Thor certainly lacking in durability's department as far as his feats go.

Like I said, I read the issue a long time ago and asked for clarification if I was right, and damn, I could have sworn Hulk was out much longer, but even then, it´s the same case as with Hulk "grounding" Thor with 3 punches, he wasn´t knocked out, just very damaged, same case with Hulk, so they´re even so far in the issue.

It was never confirmed either was KO'd but at least Thor getting grounded still had textual implications of being KO'd, even if you fall behind the argument for briefness. I can't 100% prove he was KO'd but everything pointed out he indeed was as far as i'm concerned, the same can't be said about Hulk considering he didn't turn back to Banner and the period of time in which he was "disoriented" was incredibly short.

Hulk is physically stronger, there is no debating on that one and I have no problem with that, but also IMO there is no much room to debate who is overall more powerful, I am not saying Thor beats Hulk easily or that he is 10 times more powerful, I´m just saying that Thor clearly (IMO) is portrayed more powerful.

It's quite simple, Thor, given his powerset and weaponry is significantly more powerful than Hulk, but there's no contest that everything regarding physical paraphernalia falls on Hulk's side. Regardless, what Hulk lacks in powers and versatility, he still compensates in flat out toughness and durability coupled with insane regeneration factor, something Thor actually lacks.

You mentioned Thor´s only advantage is his versatility and that´s where I disagree the most, versatility probably won´t even play a factor if Thor decided to fight like he always does against Hulk, Thor´s most important advantage is his striking power.

The fact that advantage will be exploited or not is completely driven by character development, which in Thor's case doesn't do much justice to the character and suffers greatly from it, however, that's the only real advantage, Thor having a slightly better striking force when the thing to counter it is durability, which Hulk has on a greater degree than that of Thor, means the scales are still rather even when addressing both characters. However, Thor doesn't have Hulk's durability when Hulk indeed can replicate most of Thor's striking feats.

Like I said above, I may have worded it wrongly if I made it seem as if Thor easily beats Hulk, while I do think Thor should take 8/10, he is going to work hard for it.

I completely disagree with that stance... There's nothing revolving Thor's powers coupled with his character to suggest he'll take that much wins against Hulk, even more so when their encounters in the continuity are quite far from that view. Hulk should beat Thor at the very least 6/10 times within well fought scenarios, 8/10 is a stretch as far as i'm concerned.

IMO Thor could beat Hulk somewhat easy if he used something like a God-Blast or what he did against Glory, but he´s never doing that against Hulk, so I don´t know why I even mention this haha.

God Blasts can be dodged and they take a very long time to charge and for someone as savage and rampaging as Hulk, Thor would be completely exposed and grounded accordingly, regardless, yeah, Thor is not using his most powerful ability against Hulk.

So in conclusion, my opinion is that neither beats the other easily, but Thor should take a majority, I´d like to hear why you think Hulk would take a majority.

I think either could beat the other easily if the scenario comes, for example, if Thor uses a God Blast on Hulk, Bruce might die or KO'd rather fast, likewise, if Hulk jumps on Thor and punches him at greater speeds than a centrifuge, Thor is not standing up anytime soon. Anyways, i think Hulk wins because he's durable enough, has enough striking power to phase Thor greatly, has a regeneration factor that would prove handy in a lengthy battle and the core of his powers actually grants Hulk a better outcome possibility given he'll be harder to put down as the battle progresses whereas Thor might as well grow tired by the time he decides to change tactics. In my opinion, Hulk is also faster, with faster limb motion and character development to suffice the use of it.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Good stuff, I´ll try to reply this weekend, I don´t have as much time during the week as I used to have.

militaryMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL Thor

ProfessorQQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL Maestro. Wow, it's so easy to post things without backing them up.

LionsoLara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To those who said Thor could very, very easily beat hulk, -_- how old were y'all when y'all posted that bs? Thor has never beaten hulk easily, never. And the facts of Maestro are he has bruce banners genius intelligence and he his stronger and faster than the original hulk. Not to mention he has the same feats. The madder he gets the stronger he becomes. So with that being said there is a high chance maestro will go worldbreaker.

I know Thor has beat the hulk and likewise. Fact is Hulk has beat thor more times, yes in the comics and on your television. Don't give me that fanboy bs -_- you know the chances of maestro beating thor is 70/30 at best. Hulk has always had strength, murderous intent and a superior healing factor over thor.

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as Thor didn't fall down against a Mindless Hulk i doubt he will fall against Hulk/Maestro that easy. It actually takes a good amount of rage for Hulk to get on lvs of actually put Hulk down, and always involves catching Thor by surprise, Thor has more wins overhulks, that's why we can say in a combat Thor can defeat Hulk rather easy.

Loading Video...

Comparing their high end feats we can also say Thor would be the winner

Loading Video...

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maestro

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Going with Thor.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Maestro already killed Thor in his time line lol. Anyway going by logic Hulk vs Thor is always a 50/50 with the edge going to Hulk in the past couple of decades, Maestro is a step above Hulk, with more intelligence then even Banner. So he wins and if it's Maestro from COC with all his gadgets he probably stomps.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Maestro cuz he's from the future and this is modern day Thor.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hulk still got this

notaidiotidoit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@termiteone4ever:

@termiteone4ever said:

Thor still got this

Agreed.

But seriously Thor knocked out Hulk with a lighting bolt and he was holding back.

This version of Hulk is a bit more experience strong and durable:) a smart fighter and knows all the capabilities of Thor .

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By the way the characters are written I think that Maestro should win more often than not, but idk.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notaidiotidoit: He knocked out a different version of Hulk with a lightning bolt to the back of the head(this was also before the 2006 permanent amp Hulk received that made him stronger then any other Marvel hero), Hulk also 3 shot him in that same issue as well as one-shot him in their latest fight. And going by Thor's own words he was not holding back in that fight.

No Caption Provided

the bottom left panel is your friend.