Who takes it?

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the creator

I take you actually mean Maelstrom of Marvel comics ?

If this is the basic version of Maelstrom (without all the upgrades from various beings like Anomaly and Eon) then he absorbs Kinectic energy to enhance his physical attributes. He could also use to project a forcefield and energy bolts.

There would appear to be limits on the amount of energy he can biologically absorb as he has used artificial means in the past to enhance the absorption process.

Monarch (Capt Atom) has a huge array of energy manipulation powers. His energy blasts do not have to involve kinectic energy so minimising any absorption that Maelstrom could perform.

Monarch also can create matter and block other beings energy manipulation abilities.

So quite simply he could blled off an kinectic energy Maelstrom could have absorbed, block Maelstrom absorbing anymore and turn him in to back in to a normal deviant or inhuman (as he did with Maul in the Capt Atom Armageddon mini series).

Monarch easily wins.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Satyrquaze

The_Creator says:

"I take you actually mean Maelstrom of Marvel comics ? If this is the basic version of Maelstrom (without all the upgrades from various beings like Anomaly and Eon) then he absorbs Kinectic energy to enhance his physical attributes. He could also use to project a forcefield and energy bolts. There would appear to be limits on the amount of energy he can biologically absorb as he has used artificial means in the past to enhance the absorption process. Monarch (Capt Atom) has a huge array of energy manipulation powers. His energy blasts do not have to involve kinectic energy so minimising any absorption that Maelstrom could perform. Monarch also can create matter and block other beings energy manipulation abilities. So quite simply he could blled off an kinectic energy Maelstrom could have absorbed, block Maelstrom absorbing anymore and turn him in to back in to a normal deviant or inhuman (as he did with Maul in the Capt Atom Armageddon mini series). Monarch easily wins."

Not disagreeing with your final assessment at all, but Maelstrom has diverted energy blasts with his control of kinetic energy.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Static Shock

Satyrquaze says:

"Not disagreeing with your final assessment at all, but Maelstrom has diverted energy blasts with his control of kinetic energy. "

I'm guessing that ability depends on the type of energy. To me, it seems like he can't divert all kinds of energy blasts with kinetic energy alone. And, once Monarch turns off Mael's ability to use energy based powers, then it's a done deal.
Post Edited:2008-04-22 14:11:11

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By King_Saturn

Static Shock says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Not disagreeing with your final assessment at all, but Maelstrom has diverted energy blasts with his control of kinetic energy. "
I'm guessing that ability depends on the type of energy. To me, it seems like he can't divert all kinds of energy blasts with kinetic energy alone. And, once Monarch turns off Mael's ability to use energy based powers, then it's a done deal.
Post Edited:2008-04-22 14:11:11"

Good Point