Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By King_Saturn
@Morpheus_ said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Morpheus_ said:"
I am not taking sides here, since I have not read much of MJJ to know him at a great extent. But host & unbound do have a difference. That is the entire point of the Spectre having a host in the first place, actually. Once Jesus came to Earth, it was decided that if God has been merciful enough to permit his Son live among humans...There was no point in a Spirit of Wrath co-existing with him. So, the Spectre was cast out to limbo. When Jesus was crucified, the Spectre sensed it, and immediately begun to slaughter people. Michael attempted to restrain him, and succeeded, forcing him to "wear" a mortal shell (the reason Spectre was cast out in the first place - he wouldn't comply to that). The host keeps the wrath of the entity in check, hindering him in becoming a threat to innocents, as well. The more in tune the host is with the entity, the more powerful the Spectre becomes. Also, an unbound Spectre has better feats against strong opponents (Nabu, Shazam, rest of DoV), rather than normal Spec, who has been defeated several times when on another realm, or the soul of a man (he supposedly weakens there). He has won many battles, as well, but he is generally more impressive while at an unbound state. "

I aint saying The Spectre at an Unbound State isnt More Powerful... just not by as much as it would seem... simply because the level of The Spectre's power even with a Host can excel to Nigh Omnipotent levels just as he is in an Unbound State... but not beyond that... even The Spectre in an Unbound State handling beings like Nabu and Shazam in the Day of Vengeance arc isnt really much compared to Mad Jim Jaspers who is at peak levels an Omniversal Threat who seemingly Warps Reality on levels Nabu or Shazam could never do on their best day...

"
That is the thing: I am not trying to make a case for the Spectre to win...Just prove that he is more powerful when unbound, rather than while operating with a host...And that would mean he was not on his A game in the two instances you mentioned before. The difference is not that drastic, as you said yourself, but still, it is evident. Technically, he was not at full power. Oh, and stalemating the Anti-Monitor should count for something...I'm not sure how MJJ would fare against him. "

well he may not have been at Peak Levels then as he is in a Unbound State... but those examples were of him battling Reality Warpers of Universal Scale... even if he isnt at full power totally... The Spectre does not have the greatest record against High Scale Reality Warpers... in whatever state he may have been in... 

Stalemating the Anti Monitor is indeed impressive... but I wouldnt count out the idea of Jaspers either duplicating or even doing better in a situation against the Anti Monitor... 

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@King Saturn said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @King Saturn said:
" @Morpheus_ said:"
I am not taking sides here, since I have not read much of MJJ to know him at a great extent. But host & unbound do have a difference. That is the entire point of the Spectre having a host in the first place, actually. Once Jesus came to Earth, it was decided that if God has been merciful enough to permit his Son live among humans...There was no point in a Spirit of Wrath co-existing with him. So, the Spectre was cast out to limbo. When Jesus was crucified, the Spectre sensed it, and immediately begun to slaughter people. Michael attempted to restrain him, and succeeded, forcing him to "wear" a mortal shell (the reason Spectre was cast out in the first place - he wouldn't comply to that). The host keeps the wrath of the entity in check, hindering him in becoming a threat to innocents, as well. The more in tune the host is with the entity, the more powerful the Spectre becomes. Also, an unbound Spectre has better feats against strong opponents (Nabu, Shazam, rest of DoV), rather than normal Spec, who has been defeated several times when on another realm, or the soul of a man (he supposedly weakens there). He has won many battles, as well, but he is generally more impressive while at an unbound state. "

I aint saying The Spectre at an Unbound State isnt More Powerful... just not by as much as it would seem... simply because the level of The Spectre's power even with a Host can excel to Nigh Omnipotent levels just as he is in an Unbound State... but not beyond that... even The Spectre in an Unbound State handling beings like Nabu and Shazam in the Day of Vengeance arc isnt really much compared to Mad Jim Jaspers who is at peak levels an Omniversal Threat who seemingly Warps Reality on levels Nabu or Shazam could never do on their best day...

"
That is the thing: I am not trying to make a case for the Spectre to win...Just prove that he is more powerful when unbound, rather than while operating with a host...And that would mean he was not on his A game in the two instances you mentioned before. The difference is not that drastic, as you said yourself, but still, it is evident. Technically, he was not at full power. Oh, and stalemating the Anti-Monitor should count for something...I'm not sure how MJJ would fare against him. "

well he may not have been at Peak Levels then as he is in a Unbound State... but those examples were of him battling Reality Warpers of Universal Scale... even if he isnt at full power totally... The Spectre does not have the greatest record against High Scale Reality Warpers... in whatever state he may have been in... 

Stalemating the Anti Monitor is indeed impressive... but I wouldnt count out the idea of Jaspers either duplicating or even doing better in a situation against the Anti Monitor... 

"
Cannot argue any of the two points here. I was in agreement about them from the start, after all. Just wanted to clarify the "full power" issue.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000

good debates here....kinda 
DJSNuva1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By DJSNuva1
@Morpheus_ said:
"I do not know if the Spectre would win here, but at an unbound state...I honestly cannot remember him ever losing, as suggested, at least not during the last 10 years, or so. And before that, he was hardly ever seen unbound.
"

He lost when The Prescence stopped him 

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Phoenix of the Black Throne said:

" @King Saturn said:

"@Phoenix of the Black Throne said:
" @King Saturn said:
" Spectre even at full power has losses under his belt... do you recall his losses to Anti Monitor or Zero Hour Parallax ? And what do you mean at best he can only effect a Universe ? You dont even know the full effects of his powers... and the fact that he has been stated as a Omniversal Threat gives light to the fact that he is indeed a being who can effect Mulitple Universes with his Reality Warping Power whether you think the speaker of the scene is a liar or not... and like I said keep in mind that 5th Dimensional Imps have kept The Spectre in check as well as Zero Hour Parallax whose Reality Warping was effective on a Universal Scale... The Spectre doesnt do all that well with High Scale Reality Warpers even at full power... and he wont fair well here... "
What do I mean at best he can effect one universe?  feat-wise that is all he did and it was not the 616 version that did it, 616 only warped Britain.  MJJ at full power lost twice in two universes and a version that should have been more powerful than the others two because of the Fury merge lost to the Exiles. "

see there you go again... thats his on panel feat... it doesnt reflect his overall power though... just like when Emperor Joker was able to destroy a Universe during his Arc... The Spectre himself said that Emperor Joker was a threat to all that exist and he was at the time... even if he didnt show an On Panel feat of destroying or effecting the enfire DC Multiverse...  "
I agree on that front it's the source of the info beyond being written by writers I am addressing, I only question it because people are very matter of fact when talking about this guy as if he is Beyonder level or something, he's just some crazy reality warper and I place Wanda above him because she actually did show the level of power others boast about him having. 
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Phoenix of the Black Throne: So once again you ignore facts. Seriously, your reputation is taking hit after hit on this one. Jaspers is an Omniversal threat. Deal with it. "
To ignore facts would mean I don't take the whole picture into account, he was called a threat to the omniverse by a person that is not trustworthy, this is also a part of the facts, he is called this by a person who claimes to be the Guardian of the Omniverse yet he only deals with other Earths across the this so called omniverse.  Marvel does not hammer into our heads his omniversal status the way they have hammered in that Merlyns words and actions are not to be trusted.  so deal with that.  And stop with this <  crap about my reputation taking hit after hit, you think Magneto is an omega level mutant and there is nothing that has ever been stated.  If my reputation is so shot then stop the debate.  If there is not a shred validity in my claims then this debate would have stopped.  I asked for proof that he warped the multiverse like you said he did, you provided none, because he didn't.  "
The omniversal tribune has deemed his 616 counterpart a threat to the omniverse. I really don't see what's so hard about this for you to grasp. Is it that part where I post scan after scan of different entities saying so? Or the part where Roma admits that now that he's merged with the Fury, he's even more powerful then before. 238 Jaspers warped his entire universe. It's been stated in the /official/ Marvel handbook that his 616 counterpart is far more powerful. Just because he's only warped Britian doesn't mean he can't warp the multiverse, or even beyond that. 

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/3674/mjj13bp4.jpg < That's 238 Jaspers. The omniversal tribune has admitted that even the weaker version of jaspers could be considered a multiversal threat. 

And once again, i've posted scans that support my theory that Magneto is in fact an Omega level mutant. Charles Xavier has stated it twice on panel, as has Dark Beast. Two incredibly reputable characters that have said he could be one of the most powerful mutants in the world. You can refute it all you want, but you can't argue with the scans.

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Tevnoba
@Lance Uppercut said:
And once again, i've posted scans that support my theory that Magneto is in fact an Omega level mutant. Charles Xavier has stated it twice on panel, as has Dark Beast. Two incredibly reputable characters that have said he could be one of the most powerful mutants in the world. You can refute it all you want, but you can't argue with the scans. "
They to my knowledge did not ever state that Magneto is an "Omega Level Mutant".  They only implied that he could be, and that is not confirmation.
_Mandarin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By _Mandarin_

Jaspers wins. He's way to strong. Spectre is strong yeah, but when he's turned into a condom he's gonna be pretty useless.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Tevnoba said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
And once again, i've posted scans that support my theory that Magneto is in fact an Omega level mutant. Charles Xavier has stated it twice on panel, as has Dark Beast. Two incredibly reputable characters that have said he could be one of the most powerful mutants in the world. You can refute it all you want, but you can't argue with the scans. "
They to my knowledge did not ever state that Magneto is an "Omega Level Mutant".  They only implied that he could be, and that is not confirmation. "
And? He's shown feats regularly attributed to Omega level mutants. He can effect the magnetic field on a planetary scale. He's apart of the entire magnetosphere. Charles Xavier has stated twice that he has almost unlimted potential. Is it a direct confirmation? No. But there are numerous mutants who have been considered omega level mutants who have displayed feats far less impressive then Magneto. But this is completely off topic.
negamegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By negamegas

Hmm.... I wonder how Reality warping would do against Omnipantance. 

But at any Rate Spectre is on the same power level(or close to it) or Living Tribunal(So says DC vs Marvel event from the 90's) and that alone should guarantee his Victory.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@negamegas: What? Crossovers don't even begin to count as canon. Nor has Spectre ever displayed feats on pare with the LT. He simply holds the same role as the LT.
negamegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By negamegas
@Lance Uppercut:
Actually..... in one of Marvel's Ultimate guides the Amalgamverse is considered to be apart of the Marvel Multiverse. 

So.... they did I guess. :P
Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@negamegas said:
" @Lance Uppercut: Actually..... in one of Marvel's Ultimate guides the Amalgamverse is considered to be apart of the Marvel Multiverse.  So.... they did I guess. :P "
This is true.

I know for a fact that there are many cross overs that are actually cannon.  Like the one where Mxy and Impossible man were causing havok in the Marvel U, and the S. Surfer showed up.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@negamegas said:
" @Lance Uppercut: Actually..... in one of Marvel's Ultimate guides the Amalgamverse is considered to be apart of the Marvel Multiverse.  So.... they did I guess. :P "
Holy hell, seriously?
negamegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By negamegas
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @negamegas said:
Holy hell, seriously?"

Yep, I forget which book it is. You can find it on wiki for sure. 
However, the problem I see with it. I theorized that it isn't really the Earth 1/616 Universes but ones based off of them where the difference between them is they met each other in a tournement style event.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@negamegas: I don't read wiki. I used to edit wiki pages for fun, and Brad Pitt was gay for two days. Trust me, it's not really reliable. 

Yeah, I know the fan voted fights they have aren't canon, because well, they're fan voted. But I'm fairly sure what you're talking about (the actual Amalgam universe, such a Thanosied and Dr. Doomsday) are considered canon.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DJSNuva1 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"I do not know if the Spectre would win here, but at an unbound state...I honestly cannot remember him ever losing, as suggested, at least not during the last 10 years, or so. And before that, he was hardly ever seen unbound.
"

He lost when The Prescence stopped him 

"
...You do realize the Spectre won the fight with Nabu, which is the entire point here, correct? The Presence stopping Spectre has no relevance here. He is the entity's creator - there wasn't even a fight. Nobody questioned if he can stop him, or not. Focus.
Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectre Stomps. Unbound Spectre is basically unlimited Spectre. He faced the Archangel Michael and Michael admitted that Spectre was a formidable opponent. Of course Michael then swatted him away, but taking on the most powerful being in DCU outside of The Presence is pretty big. MJJ would get blinked away.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By Killemall

Spectre.

MJJ potential is one thing, but likely it would take him some good measure of time to realise the said potential, his on panal feats dont go beyond being able to warp Britian, or being merged with the universe.

He has , from that point, been treated with even less respect in his next appearance in Die by the Sword.

He really doesnt have anything against Spectre, apart from him, potentially being powerful enough to hijack the entire omniverse, despite having never actually done anything close to it.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

his on panal feats dont go beyond being able to warp Britian, or being merged with the universe.

When Jaspers began his fight with the fury, Roma mentions that the game is disintegrating, and the whole multiverse depends upon that game. Which means that the Jaspers/Fury battle was destroying the multiverse:

No Caption Provided

That should be his best on panel feat.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70 jwwprod  Online

Mad Jim Jaspers.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Killemall

@rolldestroyer: Its pretty much back to what has been said, they dont say that the fight is actually destroying the multiverse but rather the fate of the multiverse depends upon the fight, because at least as far as Alan Moore is concerned Fury were the only one who could stop James Jasper and if he is not stopped the whole multiverse/ omniverse would fall into chaos.

Its still only a potential of what might have been as opposed to what he has been actually shown to outright do on panel.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By rolldestroyer

@rolldestroyer: Its pretty much back to what has been said, they dont say that the fight is actually destroying the multiverse but rather the fate of the multiverse depends upon the fight, because at least as far as Alan Moore is concerned Fury were the only one who could stop James Jasper and if he is not stopped the whole multiverse/ omniverse would fall into chaos.

Its still only a potential of what might have been as opposed to what he has been actually shown to outright do on panel.

But Roma also says that the game (upon which the multiverse depends on) is disintegrating (getting destroyed).

I never said that their fight actually destroyed the mutiverse though, but point was, their fight was affecting the whole multiverse to a point where it began to disintegrate.

This feat should count for something, in my opinion.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@rolldestroyer: the decreator is erasing the universe little by little too, that does not mean he can beat the spectre

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By rolldestroyer

@baron_von_santa said:

@rolldestroyer: the decreator is erasing the universe little by little too, that does not mean he can beat the spectre

1. I never gave an opinion regarding who wins this battle.

2. Decreator is erasing the universe after they tampered with his vibrational frequency or something like that, when he initially appeared he was blinking stars out of existence, and was stated to be a part of God himself, his opposite in fact, so by implication, id say the decreator is above the spectre. Bad example.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolldestroyer: the great evil beast is his opposite. and spectre is gods wrath. not bad at all

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By rolldestroyer

@baron_von_santa said:

@rolldestroyer: the great evil beast is his opposite. and spectre is gods wrath. not bad at all

Well, i guess we should bring on panel evidence, then:

No Caption Provided

The shadow was God's own

in other words: Bad example on your part.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolldestroyer: he is not the opposite of the presence, he is the shadow of the light god made. bad example.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But Roma also says that the game (upon which the multiverse depends on) is disintegrating (getting destroyed).

I never said that their fight actually destroyed the mutiverse though, but point was, their fight was affecting the whole multiverse to a point where it began to disintegrate.

This feat should count for something, in my opinion.

I am not sure i understand, the game was to try and fool Jasper into fighting his own creation and have him lose. The game was disintegrating because MJJ has the upper hand. It had nothing to do with actually affecting or destroying the multiverse.

Like Roma says in the same scan, it was Merlyn who told Roma that the fate of the multiverse would depend on them being somehow able to defeat MJJ, else he would start unleashing the jasper wave, there is nothing there that hints at their actually battle affecting the multiverse man.

Perhaps we have different opinion, but honestly thats what it seems to me.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MJJ is too much

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa: MJJ honestly has very little on panel feats to suggest he could take on Spectre, despite being classified by Merlyn as a threat to the entire omniverse. Potential is one thing, execution is another. Not to mention current MJJ is merged with Fury, its like Superman being merged with his own Kryptonite.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jasper,7/10. spectre always loses against imp like reality warpers.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Jaspers.

Avatar image for dailywheattoast
dailywheattoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dc_marvel_1000: bound spectre probably puts up a good fight considering hes 100 times universal at the very least, unbound is just overkill

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Spectre

Sungsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Sungsam

Being a threat to the Omniverse needs context. I could say that a group of house-raiding robbers are a threat to a House and its residents, doesn't mean their punches are House level and can erase the house out of existence.

There's also the issue that erasing Multiverse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Destroying a Multiverse by dismantling and distorting it.

You need several layers of mental gymnastical highballing to justify your MJJ. If you could do that, the same could be done for Matteis Spectre when he merged with the Void beyond all Voids and basically became a Pre-Retcon Beyonder on Steroids in terms of implied power.

Max-Implied Power Spectre >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Max-Implied Power MJJ.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers