• 89 results
#1 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

jim comes to DCU and spectre is there to stop him 
spectre is unbound
#2 Posted by geraldthesloth (32690 posts) - - Show Bio

Jaspers wins.

#3 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23226 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a toughie. Jaspers has shown the ability to warp reality at a multiversal level before. That's a lot of heat for Spectre to contend with. I dunno.

#4 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
"Jaspers wins. "

ahhh sloth lol
#5 Posted by geraldthesloth (32690 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"Jaspers wins. "
ahhh sloth lol "
Spectre brought a gun to a knife fight...and Jaspers stabbed him while he was laughing at Jaspers's knife
#6 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"Jaspers wins. "
ahhh sloth lol "
Spectre brought a gun to a knife fight...and Jaspers stabbed him while he was laughing at Jaspers's knife "

lol thats great, but idk if the wrath of god will go down that easy :P
#7 Posted by Racer_X (666 posts) - - Show Bio

if hes unbound then spectre wins

#8 Posted by Tevnoba (3451 posts) - - Show Bio
@Racer_X said:
" if hes unbound then spectre wins "
Spectre is too much of a jobber, even unbound.  MJJ wins.
#9 Posted by Racer_X (666 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tevnoba said:
" @Racer_X said:
Spectre is too much of a jobber, even unbound.  MJJ wins. "
no one cares about what you think
jasper loses
#10 Edited by Morpheus_ (34495 posts) - - Show Bio
I do not know if the Spectre would win here, but at an unbound state...I honestly cannot remember him ever losing, as suggested, at least not during the last 10 years, or so. And before that, he was hardly ever seen unbound.
#11 Posted by Tevnoba (3451 posts) - - Show Bio
@Racer_X said:
" @Tevnoba said:
" @Racer_X said:
no one cares about what you think jasper loses "
Rude much?
#12 Posted by Racer_X (666 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tevnoba said:
" @Racer_X said:
" @Tevnoba said:
" @Racer_X said:
Rude much? "
sorry, i dont like fanboys
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
#13 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio

watch how you speak to each other guys

#14 Posted by LubeMan (1121 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead. said:
"watch how you speak to each other guys "

I think it's guy, personally!
#15 Posted by Ownerz (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre should win this

#16 Edited by CAPiTA (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

nevermind, just read Spectre is unbound. it'll be a good fight but Spectre should edge it out if he doesn't jobber around.

and don't mind Racer. he's a DC fanboy who calls anyone, who says Marvel wins in anything, a fanboy.

#17 Posted by Tevnoba (3451 posts) - - Show Bio
@Racer_X said:
" @Tevnoba said:
" @Racer_X said:
" @Tevnoba said:
" @Racer_X said:
Rude much? "
sorry, i dont like fanboys "
I'm not a "fanboy". Dc has just PIS'd The Spectre too much for me to consider him anywhere near the levels of power most people like to equate him to.
#18 Posted by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
Mad Jim Jaspers would probably win this... and possibly easy because of the scale of Multiversal Reality Warping Jaspers has...
#19 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23226 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phoenix of the Black Throne said:

" @King Saturn said:

"Mad Jim Jaspers would probably win this... and possibly easy because of the scale of Multiversal Reality Warping Jaspers has... "

when has he shown to be able to warp the multiverse?  I have scoured the globe and can only find mention of the 238 version messing up his universe so bad that the warp would have spread to others but it was all destroyed, and as far as I can tell 616 never really warped outside of his tesseract space in Britain.  I know that it was said that if he wasn't stopped then his warp would infect the Omniverse or something to that effect, but it didn't, the only warp we have seen even remotely on that scale was the Chaoswave.  Roma and Merlyn think everything is threat to the Omniverse, they said this about Rachel with the Phoenix, Galactus told Mr. Impossible that in a what if?  Point for the rant?  When has MJJ done anything that would warrent him being able to beat Wanda let alone the Spectre?  And why do people keep saying he is a multiversal reality warper when his 616 version never showed a warp outside of his Britain warp?  Him being a threat to the "omniverse" is the same way Wanda became one, his warps would have been left unchecked, like hers were, apparently wild reality warps can penetrate the branes that seperate other universes, I don't believe he would have been in control over this after a while. just like Wanda wasn't in control of the Chaoswave, and even Roma says Reality does not tolerate paradox for long and it will repair the rents in its fabric.  If all the info about MJJ didn't come from that lying ass manipulator Merlyn, who in my opinion just wanted to CBcorp to make sure nobody in the "omniverse" was stronger than him, then I'd think differently, I agree that MJJ can warp on a universal scale, because the weaker version of him did, but all the rest is just speculation based on what was said he might do if left unchecked, they checked his ass and when he returned he should have been more powerful with the Fury merge, yet Blink killed him (it wasn't easy but in the end it was her), WTF? "

http://img403.imageshack.us/i/mjj27qr5.jpg/  <Explaining how 238 Jaspers was only contained by destroying the universe in which he resides

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3650/mjj28xq5.jpg < "And if he cannot be defeated, then the omniverse will fall into chaos" That's not the Multiverse. That's  not even a mega verse. That's both megaverses. He even replaced himself as the 616 eternity.

The only way to stop him was to teleport him to un-space, where reality doesn't exist. At all.
#20 Posted by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
" @King Saturn said:

"Mad Jim Jaspers would probably win this... and possibly easy because of the scale of Multiversal Reality Warping Jaspers has... "

when has he shown to be able to warp the multiverse?  I have scoured the globe and can only find mention of the 238 version messing up his universe so bad that the warp would have spread to others but it was all destroyed, and as far as I can tell 616 never really warped outside of his tesseract space in Britain.  I know that it was said that if he wasn't stopped then his warp would infect the Omniverse or something to that effect, but it didn't, the only warp we have seen even remotely on that scale was the Chaoswave.  Roma and Merlyn think everything is threat to the Omniverse, they said this about Rachel with the Phoenix, Galactus told Mr. Impossible that in a what if?  Point for the rant?  When has MJJ done anything that would warrent him being able to beat Wanda let alone the Spectre?  And why do people keep saying he is a multiversal reality warper when his 616 version never showed a warp outside of his Britain warp?  Him being a threat to the "omniverse" is the same way Wanda became one, his warps would have been left unchecked, like hers were, apparently wild reality warps can penetrate the branes that seperate other universes, I don't believe he would have been in control over this after a while. just like Wanda wasn't in control of the Chaoswave, and even Roma says Reality does not tolerate paradox for long and it will repair the rents in its fabric.  If all the info about MJJ didn't come from that lying ass manipulator Merlyn, who in my opinion just wanted to CBcorp to make sure nobody in the "omniverse" was stronger than him, then I'd think differently, I agree that MJJ can warp on a universal scale, because the weaker version of him did, but all the rest is just speculation based on what was said he might do if left unchecked, they checked his ass and when he returned he should have been more powerful with the Fury merge, yet Blink killed him (it wasn't easy but in the end it was her), WTF? "
Why are you Ranting again when it was stated that MJJ is a Omniversal Threat...and maybe you dont remember but there was another being known as a Mulitversal Threat called Emperor Joker in the DCU who put The Spectre in his place... and also consider the fact that Qwsp also got the best of The Spectre as well... 5 D imps have always presented themselves as High Scale Reality Warpers just as MJJ has... and Imps have never shown to warp more than a Universe either... so just cause you aint satisfied you dont have some great on panel feat of MJJ warping the Multiverse... give thought that it was stated he was able to effect a Omniverse... not everything has to be an On Panel feat for it to be true... and not everything thats seen On Panel is true... or in fact valid...
Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
#21 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (2010 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre 

#22 Edited by geraldthesloth (32690 posts) - - Show Bio

" @Lance Uppercut said:

" @Phoenix of the Black Throne said:

" @King Saturn said:

http://img403.imageshack.us/i/mjj27qr5.jpg/  <Explaining how 238 Jaspers was only contained by destroying the universe in which he resides   http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3650/mjj28xq5.jpg < "And if he cannot be defeated, then the omniverse will fall into chaos" That's not the Multiverse. That's  not even a mega verse. That's both megaverses. He even replaced himself as the 616 eternity.  The only way to stop him was to teleport him to un-space, where reality doesn't exist. At all. "
I'm aware of the only way to stop his 238 counterpart and I addressed that it doesn't seem to be any different than the Chaoswave, which actually did go on an "omniversal" rampage.  I don't see that as him becoming eternity only him being in full control over the reality in his tesseract , since nobody outside of Britain seems to be affected or even remember him in 616 I somehow doubt he warped the universe at that time and became Eternity be was boasting as most crazy villians do, which still would only make him universal.  Like I said Roma, Merlyn and company think that everything is a threat to the "omniverse" (they always talk about the omniverse it's in the title of their orgainization), but the only thing that was, was the Chaoswave.  All the info about MJJ comes from Merlyn the same Merlyn that betrayed his friend (Feron) and Mentor (Necrom) to gain the power of the alignment, this was Necroms idea to tap it's power and Ferons to bind it to project the lighthouse, but Merlyn never tells this story everybody thinks this is all his doing until the Phoenix tells the real story.  Merlyn will say whatever he needs to get opposition out of the way the way he got Excalibur involved in the battle with Necrom and hid until Rachel defeated him.  Now there is another way to defeat him, call Blink! "
Why does every debate you get into tie into phoenix..your fanboyism is terrible.
#23 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23226 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phoenix of the Black Throne: You can debate it all you want. He's shown the ability to destroy members of the CB corps from numerous different universes at once.Hell, here's more proof that he's more then just a simple universal threat then you're claiming him to be.

http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/2961/m10cr3.jpg <  "But if this game is lost....... If this world falls......... I see a Universe eaten alive by chaos, and another Universe, and another, like Dominos tumbling............ I see the Future!"

Hell, 616 Jaspers has even merged with the Fury now. And that comes from the official Marvel handbook. He's an omniversal threat, whether or not you choose to deny facts.
#24 Posted by geraldthesloth (32690 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Merlyn and Roma get to judge what is Omniversal and what isn't...Not you!

#25 Posted by CortSether (1868 posts) - - Show Bio

MJJ is a mortal. He's got that heavily to his disadvantage. Put an immortal reality warper against him, then MJJ will be toast.

#26 Posted by geraldthesloth (32690 posts) - - Show Bio
" @geraldthesloth said:
"@Phoenix of the Black Throne said:

" @Lance Uppercut said:

" @King Saturn said:

http://img403.imageshack.us/i/mjj27qr5.jpg/  <Explaining how 238 Jaspers was only contained by destroying the universe in which he resides   http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3650/mjj28xq5.jpg < "And if he cannot be defeated, then the omniverse will fall into chaos" That's not the Multiverse. That's  not even a mega verse. That's both megaverses. He even replaced himself as the 616 eternity.  The only way to stop him was to teleport him to un-space, where reality doesn't exist. At all. "
I'm aware of the only way to stop his 238 counterpart and I addressed that it doesn't seem to be any different than the Chaoswave, which actually did go on an "omniversal" rampage.  I don't see that as him becoming eternity only him being in full control over the reality in his tesseract , since nobody outside of Britain seems to be affected or even remember him in 616 I somehow doubt he warped the universe at that time and became Eternity be was boasting as most crazy villians do, which still would only make him universal.  Like I said Roma, Merlyn and company think that everything is a threat to the "omniverse" (they always talk about the omniverse it's in the title of their orgainization), but the only thing that was, was the Chaoswave.  All the info about MJJ comes from Merlyn the same Merlyn that betrayed his friend (Feron) and Mentor (Necrom) to gain the power of the alignment, this was Necroms idea to tap it's power and Ferons to bind it to project the lighthouse, but Merlyn never tells this story everybody thinks this is all his doing until the Phoenix tells the real story.  Merlyn will say whatever he needs to get opposition out of the way the way he got Excalibur involved in the battle with Necrom and hid until Rachel defeated him.  Now there is another way to defeat him, call Blink! "
Why does every debate you get into tie into phoenix..your fanboyism is terrible. "
eat shit, the Phoenix has nothing to with the debate other than being one of the many things that the people who deem MMJ a threat saying the same things and to show how Merlyn likes to omit things from his history "
@geraldthesloth said:
" Also Merlyn and Roma get to judge what is Omniversal and what isn't...Not you! "
They have more say than you do.
#27 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23226 posts) - - Show Bio
" @geraldthesloth said:
"@Phoenix of the Black Throne said:

" @Lance Uppercut said:

" @King Saturn said:

Why does every debate you get into tie into phoenix..your fanboyism is terrible. "
eat shit, the Phoenix has nothing to with the debate other than being one of the many things that the people who deem MMJ a threat saying the same things and to show how Merlyn likes to omit things from his history "
Whoa, take a chill pill. Now you've been shown several instances of Jasper being called more then just a simple universal threat. You seem to be ignoring it, which is really up to you, I guess. But just because other people, and scans disagree with you doesn't mean you need to get up in arms. Also, you did throw in the Phoenix, which really had no place in the debate.
#28 Posted by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
" @King Saturn said:
" @King Saturn said:

Why are you Ranting again when it was stated that MJJ is a Omniversal Threat...and maybe you dont remember but there was another being known as a Mulitversal Threat called Emperor Joker in the DCU who put The Spectre in his place... and also consider the fact that Qwsp also got the best of The Spectre as well... 5 D imps have always presented themselves as High Scale Reality Warpers just as MJJ has... and Imps have never shown to warp more than a Universe either... so just cause you aint satisfied you dont have some great on panel feat of MJJ warping the Multiverse... give thought that it was stated he was able to effect a Omniverse... not everything has to be an On Panel feat for it to be true... and not everything thats seen On Panel is true... or in fact valid... "
I rant because people say it as if they have seen, when most people have gotten this info from others and not source material.  I rant because at best he can warp a universe and if left unchecked his warp can infect other universes, his 616 counterpart could not be defeated and in meeting opposition he used his powers more and more meaning his warp would have been spreading yet it never left Britain, so like I said IMO he can't hang with Wanda.  This is Spectre unbound not that punk bitch that can't beat a souped up Green Lantern.  And no things don't have to be on panel to be true but when they are not the narrative and are told through the mouth of a known liar and manipulater it gives me pause.  The Chaoswave was called a threat to the "omniverse" and it was, MJJ was called the same thing, and he is considered by some to be the most powerful reality warper ever, yet he warped nothing beyond Britain with his Jaspers Warp, now why with less time and "less power" would it be so easy for Wanda and not a guy that "became Eternity"? "
Spectre even at full power has losses under his belt... do you recall his losses to Anti Monitor or Zero Hour Parallax ? And what do you mean at best he can only effect a Universe ? You dont even know the full effects of his powers... and the fact that he has been stated as a Omniversal Threat gives light to the fact that he is indeed a being who can effect Mulitple Universes with his Reality Warping Power whether you think the speaker of the scene is a liar or not... and like I said keep in mind that 5th Dimensional Imps have kept The Spectre in check as well as Zero Hour Parallax whose Reality Warping was effective on a Universal Scale... The Spectre doesnt do all that well with High Scale Reality Warpers even at full power... and he wont fair well here...
#29 Posted by Morpheus_ (34495 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" "Spectre even at full power has losses under his belt... do you recall his losses to Anti Monitor or Zero Hour Parallax ? . "
Off topic, but the Spectre was not at full power on neither occasion.
Avatar image for high_revolutionary
#30 Posted by High Revolutionary (3210 posts) - - Show Bio

He was at full power when he got r@ped by GEB.  That's a loss (albeit a meaningless one).
#31 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23226 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: I wouldn't say it's off topic. It's relevant to show that Spectre wasn't at full power, given that he likely is in this encounter.
#32 Posted by CortSether (1868 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who finds DC's ultra super powered characters completely unlikeable? I think Marvel does a much better job at creating interesting cosmic entities. DC has always been meh in that department, imo.

#33 Posted by High Revolutionary (3210 posts) - - Show Bio
@CortSether said:
"Am I the only one who finds DC's ultra super powered characters completely unlikeable? I think Marvel does a much better job at creating interesting cosmic entities. DC has always been meh in that department, imo. "

You are not alone.
#34 Posted by Morpheus_ (34495 posts) - - Show Bio
@High Revolutionary said:
"
He was at full power when he got r@ped by GEB.  That's a loss (albeit a meaningless one). "
GEB is above Spectre in power, and we know that, though. Also, since Spectre was merged with Corrigan during that fight (if he was not, inform me - but the fight happened around the mid 80s, and Corrigan was the entity's host for 50 years, non stop), he cannot have been at full power.

@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Morpheus_: I wouldn't say it's off topic. It's relevant to show that Spectre wasn't at full power, given that he likely is in this encounter. "
Let me re-phrase: off conversation at the time.
#35 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23226 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phoenix of the Black Throne: Only warped Britain?

With the HoTU, Thanos only rewrote one universe. So you're saying that he wasn't an omniversal threat, based on 'feats'?
#36 Posted by High Revolutionary (3210 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @High Revolutionary said:
"
He was at full power when he got r@ped by GEB.  That's a loss (albeit a meaningless one). "
GEB is above Spectre in power, and we know that, though. Also, since Spectre was merged with Corrigan during that fight (if he was not, inform me - but the fight happened around the mid 80s, and Corrigan was the entity's host for 50 years, non stop), he cannot have been at full power.
"

I certain it was at full power.  And I'm pretty sure the Spectre was without a host.  Anyway, I said it was a meaningless loss because it pretty much lost to one of the greatest evil powerhouses in DC.   

Meh.
#37 Posted by Morpheus_ (34495 posts) - - Show Bio
@High Revolutionary said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"
"
I certain it was at full power.  And I'm pretty sure the Spectre was without a host.  Anyway, I said it was a meaningless loss because it pretty much lost to one of the greatest evil powerhouses in DC.    Meh. "
I can go with that. I already agreed on that point, anyway.
#38 Posted by High Revolutionary (3210 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"
"
I certain it was at full power.  And I'm pretty sure the Spectre was without a host.  Anyway, I said it was a meaningless loss because it pretty much lost to one of the greatest evil powerhouses in DC.    Meh. "
I can go with that. I already agreed on that point, anyway. "

Yep, GEB would go to town with even the most powerful incarnation of MJJ as well. 

Anywhoo..

#39 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23226 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phoenix of the Black Throne: Once again, by your logic, Thanos with the HoTU showed no feats beyond one universe. Surely he couldn't be an omniversal threat. But I suppose that when it comes down to it, only facts matter.

The fact is, Thanos with the HoTU was an omniversal threat. Which you awknoledged. 

And using scans, I've proved that numerous people consider MJJ to be an omniversal threat. However, you seem to be denying it continously based off of your own personal opinions, and not fact. So let me state this as clearly as I can. Jaspers IS an omniversal threat. Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it true. And the fact that you deny it speaks volumes as well. You can call Merlyn a liar. You can say that MJJ isn't an omniversal threat. The writers disagree with you entirely.
#40 Posted by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @King Saturn said:
" "Spectre even at full power has losses under his belt... do you recall his losses to Anti Monitor or Zero Hour Parallax ? . "
Off topic, but the Spectre was not at full power on neither occasion. "
how was the Spectre not at full power during his encounter with the Anti Monitor ? He even had a host of Magical Beings feeding him more power to amp up his already Nigh Omnipotent levels of Power... 
#41 Posted by High Revolutionary (3210 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and for the record, MJJ was stated IN THE COMIC, as being an omniversal threat both in his 238 form and his 616 form.       
#42 Posted by Morpheus_ (34495 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @King Saturn said:
how was the Spectre not at full power during his encounter with the Anti Monitor ? He even had a host of Magical Beings feeding him more power to amp up his already Nigh Omnipotent levels of Power...  "
He had the magical beings enhancing him because he was at a weakened state at the time. And the Spectre with a host cannot be at full power. It is truly rare the occasion that the two (entity - host) co-operate at 100%. Also, didn't the Spectre stalemated the AM (kept him off for a while, which was the entire point of the fight, actually)? He clearly lost against ZH Parallax.
#43 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23226 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phoenix of the Black Throne: So once again you ignore facts. Seriously, your reputation is taking hit after hit on this one. Jaspers is an Omniversal threat. Deal with it.
#44 Posted by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
" @King Saturn said:
" Spectre even at full power has losses under his belt... do you recall his losses to Anti Monitor or Zero Hour Parallax ? And what do you mean at best he can only effect a Universe ? You dont even know the full effects of his powers... and the fact that he has been stated as a Omniversal Threat gives light to the fact that he is indeed a being who can effect Mulitple Universes with his Reality Warping Power whether you think the speaker of the scene is a liar or not... and like I said keep in mind that 5th Dimensional Imps have kept The Spectre in check as well as Zero Hour Parallax whose Reality Warping was effective on a Universal Scale... The Spectre doesnt do all that well with High Scale Reality Warpers even at full power... and he wont fair well here... "
What do I mean at best he can effect one universe?  feat-wise that is all he did and it was not the 616 version that did it, 616 only warped Britain.  MJJ at full power lost twice in two universes and a version that should have been more powerful than the others two because of the Fury merge lost to the Exiles. "

see there you go again... thats his on panel feat... it doesnt reflect his overall power though... just like when Emperor Joker was able to destroy a Universe during his Arc... The Spectre himself said that Emperor Joker was a threat to all that exist and he was at the time... even if he didnt show an On Panel feat of destroying or effecting the enfire DC Multiverse... 
#45 Posted by High Revolutionary (3210 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah dude, MJJ was truly an omniversal threat.  It was even in that Marvel handbook/enclylopedia. 
#46 Edited by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:

" @King Saturn said:

hmmm... I guess you could consider his battle with the AM as a stalemate... and even if the host and entity dont co exist 100 percent... the divine power is still there... The Spectre can not go any higher than Nigh Omnipotent any way you look at it powerwise... so even if he gets beat with a host present... unless its clear that The Spectre is in a severely weakened state... he wont be that much greater in power even if he is Unbound...  and he has been shown on more that two occasions have trouble handling 5th Dimensional Imps... beings who arent really that much different than Mr. Jaspers... 
#47 Posted by Morpheus_ (34495 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @King Saturn said:
how was the Spectre not at full power during his encounter with the Anti Monitor ? He even had a host of Magical Beings feeding him more power to amp up his already Nigh Omnipotent levels of Power...  "
He had the magical beings enhancing him because he was at a weakened state at the time. And the Spectre with a host cannot be at full power. It is truly rare the occasion that the two (entity - host) co-operate at 100%. Also, didn't the Spectre stalemated the AM (kept him off for a while, which was the entire point of the fight, actually)? He clearly lost against ZH Parallax. "
hmmm... I guess you could consider his battle with the AM as a stalemate... and even if the host and entity dont co exist 100 percent... the divine power is still there... The Spectre can not go any higher than Nigh Omnipotent any way you look at it powerwise anyways...so even if he gets beat with a host present... unless its clear that The Spectre is in a severely weakened state... he wont be that much greater in power even if he is Unbound...  and he has been shown on more that two occasions have trouble handling 5th Dimensional Imps... beings who arent really that much different than Mr. Jaspers...  "
I am not taking sides here, since I have not read much of MJJ to know him at a great extent. But host & unbound do have a difference. That is the entire point of the Spectre having a host in the first place, actually. Once Jesus came to Earth, it was decided that if God has been merciful enough to permit his Son live among humans...There was no point in a Spirit of Wrath co-existing with him. So, the Spectre was cast out to limbo. When Jesus was crucified, the Spectre sensed it, and immediately begun to slaughter people. Michael attempted to restrain him, and succeeded, forcing him to "wear" a mortal shell (the reason Spectre was cast out in the first place - he wouldn't comply to that). The host keeps the wrath of the entity in check, hindering him in becoming a threat to innocents, as well. The more in tune the host is with the entity, the more powerful the Spectre becomes. Also, an unbound Spectre has better feats against strong opponents (Nabu, Shazam, rest of DoV), rather than normal Spec, who has been defeated several times when on another realm, or the soul of a man (he supposedly weakens there). He has won many battles, as well, but he is generally more impressive while at an unbound state.
#48 Posted by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:"
I am not taking sides here, since I have not read much of MJJ to know him at a great extent. But host & unbound do have a difference. That is the entire point of the Spectre having a host in the first place, actually. Once Jesus came to Earth, it was decided that if God has been merciful enough to permit his Son live among humans...There was no point in a Spirit of Wrath co-existing with him. So, the Spectre was cast out to limbo. When Jesus was crucified, the Spectre sensed it, and immediately begun to slaughter people. Michael attempted to restrain him, and succeeded, forcing him to "wear" a mortal shell (the reason Spectre was cast out in the first place - he wouldn't comply to that). The host keeps the wrath of the entity in check, hindering him in becoming a threat to innocents, as well. The more in tune the host is with the entity, the more powerful the Spectre becomes. Also, an unbound Spectre has better feats against strong opponents (Nabu, Shazam, rest of DoV), rather than normal Spec, who has been defeated several times when on another realm, or the soul of a man (he supposedly weakens there). He has won many battles, as well, but he is generally more impressive while at an unbound state. "

I aint saying The Spectre at an Unbound State isnt More Powerful... just not by as much as it would seem... simply because the level of The Spectre's power even with a Host can excel to Nigh Omnipotent levels just as he is in an Unbound State... but not beyond that... even The Spectre in an Unbound State handling beings like Nabu and Shazam in the Day of Vengeance arc isnt really much compared to Mad Jim Jaspers who is at peak levels an Omniversal Threat who seemingly Warps Reality on levels Nabu or Shazam could never do on their best day...

#49 Posted by Stormultt (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

MJJ moonwalks on spectres face like the late MJ
#50 Posted by Morpheus_ (34495 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Morpheus_ said:"
I am not taking sides here, since I have not read much of MJJ to know him at a great extent. But host & unbound do have a difference. That is the entire point of the Spectre having a host in the first place, actually. Once Jesus came to Earth, it was decided that if God has been merciful enough to permit his Son live among humans...There was no point in a Spirit of Wrath co-existing with him. So, the Spectre was cast out to limbo. When Jesus was crucified, the Spectre sensed it, and immediately begun to slaughter people. Michael attempted to restrain him, and succeeded, forcing him to "wear" a mortal shell (the reason Spectre was cast out in the first place - he wouldn't comply to that). The host keeps the wrath of the entity in check, hindering him in becoming a threat to innocents, as well. The more in tune the host is with the entity, the more powerful the Spectre becomes. Also, an unbound Spectre has better feats against strong opponents (Nabu, Shazam, rest of DoV), rather than normal Spec, who has been defeated several times when on another realm, or the soul of a man (he supposedly weakens there). He has won many battles, as well, but he is generally more impressive while at an unbound state. "

I aint saying The Spectre at an Unbound State isnt More Powerful... just not by as much as it would seem... simply because the level of The Spectre's power even with a Host can excel to Nigh Omnipotent levels just as he is in an Unbound State... but not beyond that... even The Spectre in an Unbound State handling beings like Nabu and Shazam in the Day of Vengeance arc isnt really much compared to Mad Jim Jaspers who is at peak levels an Omniversal Threat who seemingly Warps Reality on levels Nabu or Shazam could never do on their best day...

"
That is the thing: I am not trying to make a case for the Spectre to win...Just prove that he is more powerful when unbound, rather than while operating with a host...And that would mean he was not on his A game in the two instances you mentioned before. The difference is not that drastic, as you said yourself, but still, it is evident. Technically, he was not at full power. Oh, and stalemating the Anti-Monitor should count for something...I'm not sure how MJJ would fare against him.