Windu has 2 lightsabers.

Who wins?

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

??? Pretty sure Windu wins this fight either way. Vapaad was especially effective against Sidious, and benefitted greatly from fighting him. If anything, the use of Niman would probably be less effective than Vapaad.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Windu kills him since theres no Anakin. Anyone saying "Palpatine knew Anakin would rescue him" is just spouting headcanon that's never been supported ever

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 lightsabers are better than 1 lightsaber against lightning

Loading Video...

ScotticusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could Mace even adapt Vaapad to two lightsabers? He definitely isn't keeping up with Sidious, using Jar'kai

Smoke-W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, mace would probably be worse with two lightsabers. Hes never showed jar'kai has he? Either way, sidious would overpower him

ScotticusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

He won with 1 lightsaber so he's more likely to win than lose with 2. I'm don't know how good Mace can dual wield lightsabers.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace doesn't need 2 lightsabers. 1 is enough for him to win like he did in ROTS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edbb4007f071
deactivated-5edbb4007f071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If its Dyad Sidious plus "All the Sith" amp his lightning would probably be too powerful for him to parry.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Has Mace ever wielded dual sabers?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

I don't think 2 means he will win easier. Dude it better with 1, dual lightsabers are for fast and nimble fighters who want to get past defenses because you lose force on your swing if you're only using one hand. That's not mace.

I have no doubt him, Anakin and other great 1 lightsaber due list could be decent with two but their all better with one and would only resort to two in very dire circumstances

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two lightsabers should help him reflect dat UNLIMITED POWAH just like Rey.

Dr_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: The siths possess power to forsee the future. Sidious did all of that just to lure Anakin into joining the dark side.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace is male. And part of the Jedi, who do nothing but fail.

He dies again.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kgb725

@dr_duby said:

@kgb725: The siths possess power to forsee the future. Sidious did all of that just to lure Anakin into joining the dark side.

They've never shown the power to do that whenever they want just like the jedi cant. Sidious lured him to the darkside sure but he had nothing to do with Padme dying , losing to Mace , or anakin's mom dying. Its literally confirmed that Mace beat him fair and square

Avatar image for themadtitan0331
themadtitan0331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365: wtf? Same with with buddy. Just look at all the movies and games.

Dr_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: What do you mean? Depending on the period, they can and cannot do that. But how do you know Palpatine didn’t forsee that? He lured Anakin into doing that. He pretended to lose to Windu so Anakin could prove his absolute royalty by saving his life. It is just the way for him to defile Anakin and prove his loyalty. No.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_duby said:

@kgb725: What do you mean? Depending on the period, they can and cannot do that. But how do you know Palpatine didn’t forsee that? He lured Anakin into doing that. He pretended to lose to Windu so Anakin could prove his absolute royalty by saving his life. It is just the way for him to defile Anakin and prove his loyalty. No.

Theres literally nothing that suggests any of that. That's just your headcanon. That's not even implied in the canon

Lucas himself said Windu beat him fair and square theres nothing to debunk that

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Still Palpatine

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6c50bd36886
deactivated-5e6c50bd36886

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Palpatine throw the fight to further seduce Anakin? Windu probably dies although he'll put up a fight since he can compete with Palpatine according to Lucas.

Dr_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dr_Duby

@kgb725: No it is not. My analysis correlates with facts and logics seen on screen. Palpatine was begging Windu not to be kill him and told him he was too weak but then proceeded to struck him dead after Anakin removed his hand. He was faking.

Where is the record of Lucas admitting it?

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Windu already stomped his wrinkly ass with 1 saber. If he can adapt to using 2, he kills him again.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By King-Ragnar

Sidious has shown superior skill using Jar'Kai, when he clowned Maul and Savage and i don't believe Vapaad would work using double lightsabers. Then again this is Disney Canon so anything could work, lol.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace beats him convincingly with one saber. If the second is supposed to hinder him in some way, then he can just drop it.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_duby said:

@kgb725: No it is not. My analysis correlates with facts and logics seen on screen. Palpatine was begging Windu not to be kill him and told him he was too weak but then proceeded to struck him dead after Anakin removed his hand. He was faking.

Where is the record of Lucas admitting it?

That's the definition of headcanon. Strong enough to kill a defenseless man not strong enough to defeat a jedi who turned his power against him. Anakin wasnt even supposed to be there... Even the novel doesnt support that Palpatine played possum

The commentary for Ep. 3 I believe

Dr_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: No, he was seemingly powerless after the power turned back against him, which is the definition of faking. He literally made it look like he was about to die. It is all his plot. The fact that he was able to actually struck Windu down after being barely able to virtually breathe debunked you. Defenseless? Not quite. Windu still had another hand which he can use to summon his saber even though it fell down if he would like to(force can pull things from a far) and still has force which he can use against Palpatine.... This is not to mention how Yoda tanked several from Palpatine later on And even bounced it back at him. He is far from being defenseless...... The true problem is, he was helpless to fight Palpatine from the start. Palpatine could have killed him if he wanted to at the moment they started fighting. How do you know? Palpatine forsaw it and directly plotted it.

Please show me.

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Windu already beat him. So this is just even easier.

CyberBlades22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CyberBlades22

Windu has a easier time using Vaapad to redirect Sheevs power back at him (ROTS Sidious). If this is TROS Sidious then probably Sidious due to all Sith amp, but idk how Vappad would fare against that since it redirects dark side power back at the opponent, and the stronger the opponent the better Vaapad becomes. Mace with perfected Vaapad was already barely winning against Sidious in ROTS, and this time it’s a much stronger, more experienced and more knowledgeable Sidious amped with all the Sith and with a lot force energy / life force drained from Rey and Kylo. I severely doubt Vaapad would even work against this Sidious, honestly I can even see ROTJ Sidious beating Mace 8/10 times.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_duby said:

@kgb725: No, he was seemingly powerless after the power turned back against him, which is the definition of faking. He literally made it look like he was about to die. It is all his plot. The fact that he was able to actually struck Windu down after being barely able to virtually breathe debunked you. Defenseless? Not quite. Windu still had another hand which he can use to summon his saber even though it fell down if he would like to(force can pull things from a far) and still has force which he can use against Palpatine.... This is not to mention how Yoda tanked several from Palpatine later on And even bounced it back at him. He is far from being defenseless...... The true problem is, he was helpless to fight Palpatine from the start. Palpatine could have killed him if he wanted to at the moment they started fighting. How do you know? Palpatine forsaw it and directly plotted it.

Please show me.

prove palpatine saw it. Nothing you're saying makes sense Sidious was powerless because windu was killing him. The prequels had everything spelled out the fact there is nothing to suggest he planned for Anakin to be there says it all

I dont exactly own it. Its in the dvd commentary you can look it up if you wish

Dr_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Why do I need to? This challenge of yours is out of cheer ignorance... There is nothing to prove here. He did see it and this battle is the result of it. No, all of it makes sense. You are not going by facts but headcannon. He wasn’t powerless. He did struck him dead an instant after his hand was removed and Palpatine faked..... What prequels? Can you link them here?

Well, can you link that here as well?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_duby said:

@kgb725: Why do I need to? This challenge of yours is out of cheer ignorance... There is nothing to prove here. He did see it and this battle is the result of it. No, all of it makes sense. You are not going by facts but headcannon. He wasn’t powerless. He did struck him dead an instant after his hand was removed and Palpatine faked..... What prequels? Can you link them here?

Well, can you link that here as well?

Because 1. Hes never done that ability before 2. It's not in the novelization nor is it said hes ever done that in the movies shows or comics..... He was powerless to stop Windu , yes he was. People with magic powers can recover quickly ? That must be impossible. The 3 Star wars prequels were extremely on the nose there was no subtlety whatsoever

You can find it just as easily its brought up a lot

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

Windu kills him since theres no Anakin. Anyone saying "Palpatine knew Anakin would rescue him" is just spouting headcanon that's never been supported ever

This... THIS.... THIS so much I feel like I can’t say it enough.

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

I don't understand why a margin of the fandom on this site is conditioned to believe, "Palpatine is equal to Yoda who outranks Mace so Palapatine must have lost on purpose to convince Anakin to turn against the Jedi". Palps didn't predict Vader would throw him down a shaft years later so I doubt those kind of scenes was all staged by him.

Fights can have different outcomes. For example Obi Wan vs Vader is a fight where it's possible for either side to win. An outcome can especially be less guaranteed when fans use ABC to put a character above another.

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think 2 means he will win easier. Dude it better with 1, dual lightsabers are for fast and nimble fighters who want to get past defenses because you lose force on your swing if you're only using one hand. That's not mace.

I have no doubt him, Anakin and other great 1 lightsaber due list could be decent with two but their all better with one and would only resort to two in very dire circumstances

It comes down to the characters fighting style whether 2 swords is better or not. For example Zoro from One Piece said he fights better with 2 or 3 swords than 1 sword.

DrunkHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rey’s case was a specific context, Mace here begins with the two sabers visible to Palpatine.

The idea that two long swords are better than one is something created by Hollywood. In the real world there are fighting styles using two swords but 99% (or all) the second blade is always shorter.

Example: Ryotojutsu https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryotojutsu

In Star wars the jar'kai form but Mace never showed such style.

I do not think that someone who is not acquainted with the use of two blades can achieve a high performance mainly by fighting an opponent who is a jar'kai master like Palpatine and knows the strengths and weaknesses of this form of combat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e59dd5190955
deactivated-5e59dd5190955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still can't believe someone that effortlessly fought Yoda is now being lowballed by his own creator as being "beaten fair and square".

There is no GOOD reason in hell as to why Palpatine gets called the greatest/strongest sith all to just lose to Mace in a skirmish where he killed his entourage before they could even react.

You could see it clearly in the scene that Palps faked everything in order to get luke to fully turn. Sheev placed the idea in Anakin's head that the Jedi wanted to take the consulate and letting windu "hurt" him was the best way to complete the transformation to the dark side. Palpatine had these plans set in motion for a LONG time.

DrunkHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DrunkHC
superoperative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Palpatine wins.

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this even being debated? George lucas himself stated that windu won fair in square in revenge of the sith. I know the whole double light sabre thing makes it more interesting but windu already stomped palpatine once he could do it again with ease. No anakin means palpatine gets stomped. Windus style, and shatter point, is like iron mans thor buster armor it feeds off of asgardian energy whilst vapaad allows windu to channel darkside energy and use the siths strengths against them,making their anger and hatred their weakness. And seeing as this is Disney Canon which is what I would consider terrible fan fiction new trilogy wise, how easy it was for rey and finn to use a lightsabre, a master jedi of Windus calibre destroys palpatine in two seconds using dual light sabres.