Mace Windu vs Luke Skywalker

Light123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Mace Windu vs Luke Skywalker (51 votes)

Mace Windu 41%
Luke Skywalker 59%
Revenge of the Sith mace
Revenge of the Sith mace
Mandalorian Luke
Mandalorian Luke

Info

• Windu is as powerful as he was against Palpatine
  • Luke is ready to kill
  • Mace is in character
  • Battle in Emperor chambers
  • Both have basic knowledge on each other

• 
Avatar image for johanliebert123
JohanLiebert123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars

@hey_thatsmildlyadequate@whatamiseeing@alextheboss@idrisiangraecus@hittheassasin@ubercoffeetime@chronicplane@owie@hype2@mrfloridaguy@lord_tenebrous@spinach@cull_obsidian@the_wspanialy@necromancer76@boc:@eslay03:@mike_strike10@godlyshinigami@sonofdarkness@realdeal11@mike_strike10:@themadtitan6000

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Skywalker wins more times out of ten

Light123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

CatMan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mando Luke wins after a good fight

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke hasn't the slightest chance here -- he boasts only a measure of improvement over his Episode VI self, who was immeasurably inferior to the Emperor. Cross-scaling with Vader fails, as he could only dream of besting the Emperor with the aid of his peer. Mind you, the current narrative has Master Luke's rival, Supreme Leader Snoke, less powerful than the washed-up "zombie" Emperor. Mace was second only to Grandmaster Yoda and would have killed a stronger Emperor.

R4zerSh4rp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on if you think composed Luke has become powerful enough to win this. If he gives into his rage like he did with Vader then Mace destroys him.

firelordiroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By firelordiroh

Not really convinced Vader is above the ROTS giants in canon but Luke should be winning this one.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke scales to Vader who is far above Mace. He wins 10/10

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bayman007

Luke has faught post prime conflicted Vader, but he simply needs more experience and feats. Mace

Avatar image for deactivated-6149288dd310b
deactivated-6149288dd310b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke as of ROTJ was equal to Vader who is better than Base Windu. Since Vaapad doesn't really work against light side users Luke wins

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke wasn’t beating Sidious alone, mace was. Made is also the better duelist.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke as of ROTJ was equal to Vader who is better than Base Windu. Since Vaapad doesn't really work against light side users Luke wins

Avatar image for sylviaanimenerd
SylviaAnimeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in my opinion Luke should be stronger but in the new canon I honestly couldn't tell how strong he is. I vote Mace Windu because he has more feats that I can look at to evaluate him. He is a well established character while Luke is just this one guy who destroyed some robots with the force. The robots were strong and durable and all, but when going against the force and lightsabers all robots are pretty much helpless no matter what they're made of.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in my opinion Luke should be stronger but in the new canon I honestly couldn't tell how strong he is. I vote Mace Windu because he has more feats that I can look at to evaluate him. He is a well established character while Luke is just this one guy who destroyed some robots with the force. The robots were strong and durable and all, but when going against the force and lightsabers all robots are pretty much helpless no matter what they're made of.

Star Wars canon confirmed in the recent novels/guidebooks that ROTJ Luke was equal to Vader in force power and saber skill. Mandalorian Luke is even stronger than ROTJ Luke so he scales above all of Vader’s feats. Which are already well above Windu.

So yeah Luke is canonically stronger.

SylviaAnimeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sylviaanimenerd said:

Star Wars canon confirmed in the recent novels/guidebooks that ROTJ Luke was equal to Vader in force power and saber skill. Mandalorian Luke is even stronger than ROTJ Luke so he scales above all of Vader’s feats. Which are already well above Windu.

So yeah Luke is canonically stronger.

Why is ROTJ Vader stronger than ROTS Windu? Is that your opinion or is there something to back this up? Canon Windu proved to be a match for the likes of Sidious, Yoda and Talzin, I'd personally put Vader at least slightly below them.

Also even if Luke is stronger than his ROTJ counterpart, we do not really know how much stronger so it means very little in substance, he is still lacking in feats. For me Windu is still a much safer bet.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nassergrant19

@sylviaanimenerd:

Why is ROTJ Vader stronger than ROTS Windu?

Far superior force feats and augmentation. Windu only scales to ROTS Sidious who isn’t anywhere near ROTJ Sidious’s power.

Is that your opinion or is there something to back this up?

Plenty of canonical facts. Read the Vader comics.

Canon Windu proved to be a match for the likes of Sidious

ROTS Sidious

Yoda

Windu is weaker than Yoda

and Talzin

Who scales to TCW Sidious only

I'd personally put Vader at least slightly below them.

Nah Vader is definitely above them. His feats are superior to all of them.

Also even if Luke is stronger than his ROTJ counterpart, we do not really know how much stronger so it means very little in substance, he is still lacking in feats.

Lol no he’s not. That’s a myth. He shook an ENTIRE IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER with the force as a padawn. He scales above Vader bringing down Imperial Walkers, Tie Fighters, and restraining a massive 7,432 ft long verminoth beast with pure Force power.

For me Windu is still a much safer bet.

If anything Windu doesn‘t have any feats and nah Luke is definitely the safer bet.

SylviaAnimeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything Windu doesn‘t have any feats and nah Luke is definitely the safer bet.

Hmmm now I see you probably don't like Windu very much. That explains your pretty one sided position, but thanks anyway :)

wholewheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't even think windu scales to sidious properly. he was not beating sidious "alone". he literally failed to react while sidious cut down two of his team for free. you think someone who is actually better than sidious simply allows sheev to get two free stabs in before you even do anything?

https://youtu.be/n3DHDXAzoBA?t=38

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke backhands him. Pimp-style. Better scaling. And far greater augmentation. And there's no Vaapad to save his ass in Canon.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke wins

Aqua1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didnt George Lucas said by himself that Luke was the strongest jedi?

Avatar image for deactivated-644c7202b7524
deactivated-644c7202b7524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke wins due to scaling and hype

TheRevaniter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since it’s not legends luke(and the fact he has no real feats at this point) I really don’t see Mace losing this fight, however luke will make him work for it.

TheRevaniter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aqua1: That mainly goes for legends stuff, in canon luke doesn’t really have the scaling he does Legends.

Aqua1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aqua1: That mainly goes for legends stuff, in canon luke doesn’t really have the scaling he does Legends.

if so, thx for the answer.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nassergrant19 said:
@sylviaanimenerd said:

Also even if Luke is stronger than his ROTJ counterpart, we do not really know how much stronger so it means very little in substance, he is still lacking in feats. For me Windu is still a much safer bet.

I’ve seen Comic vine scaling make canon Vader planetary, which is absurd. There are threads that say he beats Superman. The Vader comics have some high feats, but on-screen Vader balances them well.

Skywalker: A Family at War states that ROTJ Luke was less skilled in sabers than Yoda and Obi Wan, and he matched and eventually overpowered ROTJ Vader.

OT: Windu is one of two Jedi who beat Sidious in sabers. You can make the argument that Sidious grew in from ROTS to ROTJ in the force, but he wasn’t going to be challenged in sabers by anyone better than Yoda or Mace.

Luke isn’t ragdolling Mace in the force, so it comes down to sabers. Is Sidious, who Mace beat, beating three battle hardened Jedi masters in seconds better than Vader’s saber showings against force users, yes. The Disney redshirts from the comics and shows don’t count since they are so weak.

ROTS Mace wins in a good fight.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke backhands him. Pimp-style. Better scaling. And far greater augmentation. And there's no Vaapad to save his ass in Canon.

Luke wins due to scaling and hype

@person23457 said:

Avatar image for redsithdisciple
RedSithDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon: Luke wins in a good fight

Legends: Luke practically one shots

reaperace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 reaperace  Moderator

Canon: Luke wins in a good fight

Legends: Luke practically one shots

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skywalker, great fight though.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC one of the continuity managers for EU stated Mace would win.