IF stomps with the Chi... easy as that.... lol
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By ShootingNova

@CadenceV2: That's taking away all I have just shown you with the Force. Mace stomps. The OP posted an EU video, so EU feats are allowed.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@CadenceV2 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: IF stomps with the Chi... easy as that.... lol

I should flag you for troll baiting .......

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ShootingNova

@Ancient_0f_Days: LOL Go ahead then.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@ShootingNova said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: LOL Go ahead then.

??? you want me to flag cadence ???

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ShootingNova

@Ancient_0f_Days: No, not really. If you wanted to, I meant.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@ShootingNova said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: No, not really. If you wanted to, I meant.

well ...... I wan't to ... but .... I really don't feel like wasting the energy to click a button on that .... i could use that button click for other things you know ....... like more important people who I think might concern me in the future .... you know ...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ShootingNova

@Ancient_0f_Days: LOL.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Silver2467
@ShootingNova: You're exaggerating Mace's abilities. 

To the OP, Mace Windu in the EU has shatterpoint, which should give him the win.

Based on? Shatterpoint is not impeccable. There have been occasions where Mace has searched for a Shatterpoint to aid him in a combat situation and was unable to find one. Even then, possessing the ability to see Shatterpoints and actually perceiving them rarely grants him a win over anyone notable. Against most of his reputable opponents (Kar Vastor, Grievous, Sora Bulq, Dooku, etc.), it made no difference. It only ever guaranteed a victory over non-superhuman foes. Iron Fist in no way falls under the category of cannon fodder droids or soldiers that Shatterpoint has been successful against. He would be more difficult to detect a Shatterpoint for and even more difficult to gain the win over purely because of Shatterpoint. 

Then he can knock back an army with a single Force Wave.

Inconsistent writing. Mace knocking over hundreds of droid with his TK is incongruous with the majority of his TK showings. Mace has failed to lift miniature transports and could only levitate himself from a great height with injury on impact. His CW telekinetic power bears no relevance because it contradicts his standard showings. Mace's standard telekinetic feats involve showings such as lifting multiple trees and moving several boulders. 

He can still heal wounds alone with the Force

Mace has never employed Force Heal during combat. So this is irrelevant. 

During the Battle of Coruscant he also blasted hundreds of droids away, so that's not inconsistency

With Yoda's help. So, yes, actually this is inconsistency. 

Mace stomps

Not really. In accordance with Mace's character, he will be more inclined to engage Danny in hand to hand. While he may be faster, Rand is more skilled, durable, and versatile. Mace was fine with fighting Kar Vastor in hand to hand, and while they did utilize TK in their fight, much of it was still unarmed combat (and even then, Mace never even used his own TK against Kar until Kar used his first). In this instance, he would more likely do the same. If he had his lightsaber, then sure he would probably win soundly enough. Unarmed and in character, it would hardly be that simple.
The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By The_Thunderer

@Silver2467: What about telepathy?

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Silver2467
@The_Thunderer: Mace has basically no telepathic feats of any kind whatsoever, much less displayed a propensity for it in combat.
The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By The_Thunderer

@Silver2467: Practically any force user can use telepathy though. This is probably because if you look at who he is fighting, either they are adept at using the force and so are unlikely to be overcome by his telepathy (e.g. Sidious) or easy enough to beat so he doesn't have to resort to that (e.g. droids or jango fett :P )

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Silver2467
@The_Thunderer: When Mace gains any telepathic feats or uses it in combat, let me know.
The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By The_Thunderer

@Silver2467: you will be the first, but you just disregarded my point about him not needing to.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Silver2467
@The_Thunderer: Yes, he does need to. Your argument is dependent on a tactic that Mace has literally never once elected to use. Morals are on in this fight. That means Mace will fight here the way he does everywhere else. If morals were off, then your argument would gain some minimal amount of plausibility (not much though because Mace still has practically no TP showings, and I don't care how much you want to add speculative dimensions to his powers: he lacks the showings to denote any level of legitimate telepathic affinity). Morals on, Mace fights directly. His preferred combat form is aggressive with occasional telekinetic attacks added into it. He has never, under any circumstances, not even against non-Force sensitive enemies, defeated them by any telepathic ability. As a result, he will not do so here either.

This isn't complicated.
Avatar image for raf_the_destroyer
Raf_The_Destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't Mace Windu just force choke him right as the match begins?

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By The_Thunderer

@Silver2467: Force Crush.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: I don't think Thunderer meant that he would defeat IF with telepathy, merely possibly use it against him. I haven't seen him bear impressive TP feats though.

Thinkagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Thinkagain

Even if it went hand to hand, even if Iron fist had a nuke he'd lose. Mace can never lose this fight. Doesn't the force allow him to perceive Iron fist's strike before or as he makes them ? Combine this with Force speed, force crush, force throw, shatter point, and that he can shield himself. Heck if Iron fist throw his "chi projectile" Mace could direct it right back at him.

Iron fist comes out of this one having a Windu colonoscopy.

Thinkagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Thinkagain

@CadenceV2 said:

Iron Fist KO dragons and has Caught Sniper Bullets out of the air. I dont see what Mace can do in CC.

What's faster bullets (explosion powered projectile) or Lasers(energy focused fired beams of light) ?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ShootingNova

@Thinkagain: Mace not being able to lose this fight isn't really the correct term to say. Yes, the Force does give him precognition.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Silver2467
@The_Thunderer said:

@Silver2467: Force Crush.

Which Mace has used all of....one time. Again, not in character. Could he? Sure. Is it he likely to for a majority? No. I will grant you that it might happen but only for a minority of instances.

@ShootingNova said:

@Silver2467: I don't think Thunderer meant that he would defeat IF with telepathy, merely possibly use it against him. I haven't seen him bear impressive TP feats though.

Not much of a possibility if the character has no history of doing this. 

@Thinkagain said:

even if Iron fist had a nuke he'd lose.

. . . 

What? 

that he can shield himself. Heck if Iron fist throw his "chi projectile" Mace could direct it right back at him.

Show me Mace using Force Barrier or Deflection.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: I just want to know something.... who do you even think will win in this fight?

Thinkagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Thinkagain

Not that he needs it.

Check the vid the op put up you'll see in the final time he's pushed back, when he stands his ground, right before he pushes back he has a shield around him. 4:51-4:54

Mace would not lose this fight, ever.

Anything else I can do for you ?

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Silver2467
@ShootingNova said:

@Silver2467: I just want to know something.... who do you even think will win in this fight?

No idea. 

@Thinkagain said:

Check the vid the op put up you'll see in the final time he's pushed back, when he stands his ground, right before he pushes back he has a shield around him.

So because Mace can block dust flying at him, he can block Iron Fist's Chi blasts.... 

Does not compute.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: @Thinkagain: Shielding yourself from dust isn't really a productive instance of using Force Shield/Barrier/Deflection.

Thinkagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Thinkagain

@ShootingNova said:

@Silver2467: @Thinkagain: Shielding yourself from dust isn't really a productive instance of using Force Shield/Barrier/Deflection.

heh, wasn't that dust just throwing him around ? I doubt his shield isn't strong. Anyway you asked and I showed you so I'm moving on. Can you show me how IF can dodge force speed and handle someone who is predicting your moves ? Cause that's what IF is dealing with, not to mention someone who can crush your limbs (non-lethal win) repeatily if necessary.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ShootingNova

@Thinkagain: Dude, my original post was based on Windu winning so...

IF is also durable and his punches are a lot more powerful than dust.

Mace's advantage is due to the Force. Without it, he would be crippled. In this sense, he wins due to things like precog and advanced physical attributes.

Thinkagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Thinkagain

@ShootingNova said:

@Thinkagain: Dude, my original post was based on Windu winning so...

IF is also durable and his punches are a lot more powerful than dust.

Mace's advantage is due to the Force. Without it, he would be crippled. In this sense, he wins due to things like precog and advanced physical attributes.

Same could be said about IF and his chi, without it he'd be crippled and etc.......

edit: I'm moving on this battle is done imo

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ShootingNova

@Thinkagain: I know, but I'm just saying. Windu wins in my opinion but not a stomp.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Windu .... he's 600 years old for Christs sake ..... he wins with skill and experience advantage ..... and obvious TK and such .... thats a no brainer ......force run and jump, speed/agility advantage ..... blocks/dodges multi-directional automatic blaster fire, reaction speed advantage ..... hes a master jedi second to yoda, title and rank advantage ......

just too much going on for Mace for him to lose .... he should stomp ...... but I bet someone can provide reasons why he doesn't .......

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ShootingNova

@Ancient_0f_Days: LOL, 600? You mean 60? He was 53 when he died lol. Grand Master Satele Shan is above him in rank and Grand Master Luke is above him in both rank and power.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Silver2467

Did someone just say Mace is 600 years old?

This is why Windu battle threads are obnoxious. Absolutely no one ever seems able to form an accurate or reasonable argument for him. People just presume he wins and either provide no reasons or provide reasons that they made up out of thin air. Seriously, is it so hard to just read about the character and weigh their showings to determine an outcome?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: I think he meant 60 but put another 0 by accident. Mace died at 53 anyways, rounded off that would be 50.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@ShootingNova: @Silver2467: I read in a star wars handbook that he was 600 years old .... since jedi can retain life and youth for a long time .....

@ShootingNova said:

@Ancient_0f_Days:Grand Master Satele Shan is above him in rank and Grand Master Luke is above him in both rank and power.

Both of them were in different time lines .... Satele was old republic more than a millennium before the phantom menace and Luke wasn't even born yet when Mace was alive ..........

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ShootingNova

@Ancient_0f_Days: He died at 53. He never learned to become a Force Spirit. Jedi can retain life but not youth. You never said during his time, but you are correct.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@ShootingNova said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: He died at 53. He never learned to become a Force Spirit.

where does it say that .... they never mention his age within the movie .... i read that he was 600 ....... SW hand book ftw?

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By GhostRider29

I believe that Darth Maul would win the fight against Iron Fist, I believe Mace would destroy Maul, so therefore Mace would win.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Silver2467
@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@ShootingNova said:

where does it say that .... they never mention his age within the movie .... i read that he was 600 ....... SW hand book ftw?

Mace is not 600. There is no sourcebook that states that. 

@GhostRider29 said:

I believe that Darth Maul would win the fight against Iron Fist, I believe Mace would destroy Maul, so therefore Mace would win.

ABC logic doesn't work, and Mace would not destroy Maul either. Could he beat him? Yes. Stomp him? Not at all.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ShootingNova

@Ancient_0f_Days: Read sourcebooks, guides and other things of the likes thank you. Born: 72 BBY. ROTS was 19 BBY. 53 years difference.

@GhostRider29 said:

Well, without his saber? Mace won't destroy Maul in an all out fight, but he would win.

@Silver2467 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@ShootingNova said:

@GhostRider29 said:

ABC logic doesn't work, and Mace would not destroy Maul either. Could he beat him? Yes. Stomp him? Not at all.

This. And Maul practices a similar style to Mace's anyways, granted both a Form VII, but different variants.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By GhostRider29

@ShootingNova: @Silver2467: Okay maybe I exaggerated a little, but I got my point across. Lol

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Silver2467 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@ShootingNova said:

@GhostRider29 said:

Dang ..... well he still has years and skill above IF since he mastered all the jedi combat styles and made his own .....

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ShootingNova

@Ancient_0f_Days: If by Jedi Combat styles, you mean the seven lightsaber forms, then yes. But all the lightsaber forms? I don't see him mastering Trakata, Niman/Jar'Kai, Unorthodox and Trispzest and Lus-Ma. He also hasn't mastered all the Force Forms, apparently only one of four.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Silver2467
@Ancient_0f_Days said:

skill above IF since he mastered all the jedi combat styles and made his own .....

Mace might be a better swordsman than Danny but a better unarmed fighter? Not even close. Mace has no hand to hand combat feats that should even be mentioned in the same sentence as Danny's.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: He doesn't have as much experience as IF in the H2H department either, as far as I know.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Pokergeist
@Ancient_0f_Days
@ShootingNova: 

Are you guys think Im trolling cause IF has Way Better Feats and proven more of a fighter against tougher and faster opponets? Are you F***in Serious.....
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Pokergeist
@Silver2467 said:

@ShootingNova: You're exaggerating Mace's abilities. 

To the OP, Mace Windu in the EU has shatterpoint, which should give him the win.

Based on? Shatterpoint is not impeccable. There have been occasions where Mace has searched for a Shatterpoint to aid him in a combat situation and was unable to find one. Even then, possessing the ability to see Shatterpoints and actually perceiving them rarely grants him a win over anyone notable. Against most of his reputable opponents (Kar Vastor, Grievous, Sora Bulq, Dooku, etc.), it made no difference. It only ever guaranteed a victory over non-superhuman foes. Iron Fist in no way falls under the category of cannon fodder droids or soldiers that Shatterpoint has been successful against. He would be more difficult to detect a Shatterpoint for and even more difficult to gain the win over purely because of Shatterpoint. 

Then he can knock back an army with a single Force Wave.

Inconsistent writing. Mace knocking over hundreds of droid with his TK is incongruous with the majority of his TK showings. Mace has failed to lift miniature transports and could only levitate himself from a great height with injury on impact. His CW telekinetic power bears no relevance because it contradicts his standard showings. Mace's standard telekinetic feats involve showings such as lifting multiple trees and moving several boulders. 

He can still heal wounds alone with the Force

Mace has never employed Force Heal during combat. So this is irrelevant. 

During the Battle of Coruscant he also blasted hundreds of droids away, so that's not inconsistency

With Yoda's help. So, yes, actually this is inconsistency. 

Mace stomps

Not really. In accordance with Mace's character, he will be more inclined to engage Danny in hand to hand. While he may be faster, Rand is more skilled, durable, and versatile. Mace was fine with fighting Kar Vastor in hand to hand, and while they did utilize TK in their fight, much of it was still unarmed combat (and even then, Mace never even used his own TK against Kar until Kar used his first). In this instance, he would more likely do the same. If he had his lightsaber, then sure he would probably win soundly enough. Unarmed and in character, it would hardly be that simple.

Once Again Im not the only one.
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Fetts

I have a question..... that's kinda irrelevant here..... but how was Mace Windu amped during his duel with Palpatine?

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Why does this seem to always happen? Why can no one produce feats for IF that prove that he can beat Mace rather than just try and tear Mace down instead?

Mace wins this fight fairly easily since no one can prove other wise.

Though Mace has no h2h feats, his general combat feats, coupled with his abundant force feats, out weight that deficiency. How could IF beat Mace's precog abilities and force push/grab/choke (lets just call it force death) skills?

Physically IF may be faster than a force-less Mace, but Mace has experience on IF, not to mention the range his force abilities give him. Once Mace realizes how much of a threat IF can be, he'll just force choke him out.

Done.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Silver2467

I'm sorry, but the arguments for both Mace and Danny in this thread are awful.

@CadenceV2 said: 

Once Again Im not the only one.

I never said Danny wins... 

@CadenceV2 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: @ShootingNova: Are you guys think Im trolling cause IF has Way Better Feats and proven more of a fighter against tougher and faster opponets? Are you F***in Serious.....

Once again, ABC logic doesn't work no matter which way you apply it. How powerful the opponents are that Danny fought in the past is inconsequential to this fight. Danny is not fighting any of those enemies here; he's fighting Mace. And, no, Danny does not have a speed advantage. 

@Fetts said:

I have a question..... that's kinda irrelevant here..... but how was Mace Windu amped during his duel with Palpatine?

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/silver2467/palpatine-vs-mace-windu-what-really-happened/87-77247/ 

@onilordasmodeus said:

Why can no one produce feats for IF that prove that he can beat Mace rather than just try and tear Mace down instead?

Are you joking? The only person attempting to lowball Mace is Cadence, and his entire prerogative consists of lowballing characters to establish his point. People are not underestimating Mace; most of them are overestimating him. 

Mace wins this fight fairly easily since no one can prove other wise.

Not how debating works. Saying "Character A wins until someone proves differently" is flawed from the outset. We don't have to prove a negative; if you think Mace wins, the onus is on you to prove that, not on your opposition to disprove a case that has yet to even be rationally, credibly, or persuasively made. At any rate, I did a fairly decent job of showing that Mace does not in fact stomp. He could well win this but not stomp. 

Once Mace realizes how much of a threat IF can be, he'll just force choke him out.

Nonsense. Mace has never resorted to this tactic "once he realizes how much of a threat his enemy can be." Can his TK help him and possibly grant him the win? Absolutely. Will he use Choke? Never. Force Choke has never been an efficient power for battle circumstances to begin with. It is used as a method of intimidation and ascendancy, not as a feasible attack. Choke requires time to incapacitate or kill the victim, time which can and has been exploited to escape the grip of the practitioner.