A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By A_FINE_EDITION
No Caption Provided

Jedi Master and esteemed Council Member Mace Windu faces the trio of Avar Kriss, Stellan Gios, and Elzar Mann.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Can they beat him?

Round 1: Force Battle

Round 2: Saber Duel

Round 3: All-out

Canon only, morals off

Battle takes place in the Jedi Archives.

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: All 3 of the High Republic Jedi have good force feats but we know that Sidious couldn’t have defeated Mace with the force so I don’t think the trio can either.

Round 2: Mace casually stomps. The trio’s feats and accolades are very underwhelming in this category unfortunately

Round 3: Mace stomps again. They can’t keep up in sabers at all.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Mace all rounds

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CryoLancer47

Mace CLAPS them all arounds. These fodders only get wanked and scaled to HR Yoda.

Mace scales far higher in both Sabers & Force-Power.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace outclasses them in all rounds.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I not worthy of your HR callout list? Haha.

Anyway, I’d say the HR trio takes it. Mace is top tier, obviously, but Elzar threw an island with the force, which is no small feat.

Round one - the trio because of Elzar and Avar’s “battle meditation.”

Round two - I don’t see why Mace could take three highly trained force users in sabers. Shatterpoint isn’t relevant.

Round three - the trio again. Mace would be pressured in sabers, and Elzar could hurt him via the force.

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightordark:

Anyway, I’d say the HR trio takes it. Mace is top tier, obviously, but Elzar threw an island with the force, which is no small feat

Mace scales to AOTC Yoda:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

AOTC Yoda scales above HR Yoda:

No Caption Provided

Since Yoda was the most powerful Jedi that participated in the deflection of the Tibanna container he at least exerted over 1/96th of the power required to move it(based off of the statement about there being “Dozens of Jedi”). This is far better than Elzar’s island feat, especially since he was extremely amped during it.

Round one - the trio because of Elzar and Avar’s “battle meditation.”

Avar‘s ability only increases coordination IIRC. Avar choosing to meditate instead of fight is not going to be as effective as her just fighting with them.

Round two - I don’t see why Mace could take three highly trained force users in sabers. Shatterpoint isn’t relevant.

Second sister is an “expert duelist“:

No Caption Provided

Do you think 3 Trillas could beat Mace?

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedisympathiz3r: I’m not sure what, if anything, anything other than time suggests that Yoda is stronger in AOTC than in the high republic. In Dooku: Jedi Lost, Yoda is lifting buildings and in AOTC he lifts a crane. I’m not sure if his mountain feat is canon, but that happened before AOTC, too.

Yoda’s tibanna feat is non-combat, though, where Elzar’s is during combat. I think that’s a necessary distinction. Elzar did it to save people, too, so it is something I could see him doing if Mace is pressuring them in sabers.

Coordination is something that could easily make a big difference or win a fight.

The second sister isn’t a Jedi Master with decades of experience training. Stellan and Avar are, and Elzar has battle experience, though I think he is a knight.

Though rank doesn’t denote skill or power necessarily, it does denote experience, which is invaluable.

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightordark:

I’m not sure what, if anything, anything other than time suggests that Yoda is stronger in AOTC than in the high republic. In Dooku: Jedi Lost, Yoda is lifting buildings and in AOTC he lifts a crane. I’m not sure if his mountain feat is canon, but that happened before AOTC, too

Force users grow more powerful with age:

No Caption Provided

Yoda’s tibanna feat is non-combat, though, where Elzar’s is during combat. I think that’s a necessary distinction. Elzar did it to save people, too, so it is something I could see him doing if Mace is pressuring them in sabers.

Elzar wasn’t fighting anyone during the feat, he was completely alone.

Coordination is something that could easily make a big difference or win a fight.

Sure but that’s only if they’re at least somewhat close to Mace(which they’re not). They need more power, not more coordination.

The second sister isn’t a Jedi Master with decades of experience training. Stellan and Avar are, and Elzar has battle experience, though I think he is a knight.

Though rank doesn’t denote skill or power necessarily, it does denote experience, which is invaluable

Why do you think that? Trilla has fought and killed at least a few knight and/or masters and fought Cal a few times. She has far more experience in real lightsaber duels(not spars) against force users than all three of them combined which is more useful to this fight than experience with non force sensitives. Additionally, 9th sister is also a master with a decade of training and experience but was beat by mid game Cal while Trilla held her own against end game Cal. BTW, Elzar became a knight at the end of Light Of The Jedi.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightordark: the mountain feat is canon for sure, and it was close to TPM. The crane feat feels more inconsistent than anything else considering he has that rock lifting/movement feat in TCW episode “Ambush.” That looked more impressive and he did it with less effort, and this was probably pretty early in the war, and therefore close to AotC. Also, sorry I didn’t tag you for this. I’ll add you.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace demonstrated power far beyond any members this trio. He takes this with relative ease

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightordark:

I’m not sure what, if anything, anything other than time suggests that Yoda is stronger in AOTC than in the high republic. In Dooku: Jedi Lost, Yoda is lifting buildings and in AOTC he lifts a crane. I’m not sure if his mountain feat is canon, but that happened before AOTC, too

Force users grow more powerful with age:

No Caption Provided

Maybe, but Yoda doesn’t age the same as humans or humanoids.

Elzar wasn’t fighting anyone during the feat, he was completely alone.

He was in the middle of Valo fighting the Nihil.

Sure but that’s only if they’re at least somewhat close to Mace(which they’re not). They need more power, not more coordination.

Though rank doesn’t denote skill or power necessarily, it does denote experience, which is invaluable

Why do you think that? Trilla has fought and killed at least a few knight and/or masters and fought Cal a few times. She has far more experience in real lightsaber duels(not spars) against force users than all three of them combined which is more useful to this fight than experience with non force sensitives. Additionally, 9th sister is also a master with a decade of training and experience but was beat by mid game Cal while Trilla held her own against end game Cal. BTW, Elzar became a knight at the end of Light Of The Jedi.

The Inquisitor’s inconsistent power levels are problematic, almost as problematic as the HR Jedi’s lack of feats. I don’t see Jedi masters in the HR being Inquisitor level. I’d say they range from Kit Fisto To ROTS Obi Wan.

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightordark:

He wasn’t fighting anyone:

No Caption Provided

The Inquisitor’s inconsistent power levels are problematic, almost as problematic as the HR Jedi’s lack of feats

Trilla is pretty consistent

I don’t see Jedi masters in the HR being Inquisitor level.

Saber to saber combat was extremely unlikely to occur during the HR era so it’s possible that saber dueling wasn’t that big of a focus for training

I’d say they range from Kit Fisto To ROTS Obi Wan.

Fisto level is very generous if you’re only referring to saber skill.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightordark:

He wasn’t fighting anyone:

No Caption Provided

I don’t understand what your scan is trying to prove. He is in the middle of a battle on Valo when he threw the sky island into the Nihil ship. The scene in that scan explains where he got his emotion.

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightordark: I missed this point in my last post I’m going to address it first:

AOTC Yoda is 210 years older than LOTJ Yoda. Yoda died of old age when he was 900. 210 divided 900 is 0.23. This means that 210 is 23% of his lifespan so he should’ve aged a decent amount. Even if he didn’t age that much, the quote still proves that AOTC Yoda wouldn’t have lost power because of his age so he still scales to the Tibanna feat.

I don’t understand what your scan is trying to prove. He is in the middle of a battle on Valo when he threw the sky island into the Nihil ship. The scene in that scan explains where he got his emotion

It shows that no one was near him during the feat. Him being in the middle of a battle doesn’t make this a mid-combat feat when he wasn’t in combat himself.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightordark: I missed this point in my last post I’m going to address it first:

AOTC Yoda is 210 years older than LOTJ Yoda. Yoda died of old age when he was 900. 210 divided 900 is 0.23. This means that 210 is 23% of his lifespan so he should’ve aged a decent amount. Even if he didn’t age that much, the quote still proves that AOTC Yoda wouldn’t have lost power because of his age so he still scales to the Tibanna feat.

Grogu in Mando is still an infant at 50. We could conservatively say he is the equivalent of two in human years, though a two year old human is way more developed physically and mentally. So if he is 2 years older every 50 years, which stands to reason, and there are 18 50-year periods in 900, then it would stand to reason that Yoda was technically 36 human years when he died. (I think that’s correct math) Between LOTJ and AOTC, he could be only “4 years“ older.

I know I’m splitting hairs, but he technically died because he was sick, not old.

I don’t understand what your scan is trying to prove. He is in the middle of a battle on Valo when he threw the sky island into the Nihil ship. The scene in that scan explains where he got his emotion

It shows that no one was near him during the feat. Him being in the middle of a battle doesn’t make this a mid-combat feat when he wasn’t in combat himself.

He had just cut down a Nihil before he spotted the island, and there was the disorienting gas that he was breathing in, which would make the feat even more impressive.

Laskt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedisympathiz3r said:

Grogu in Mando is still an infant at 50. We could conservatively say he is the equivalent of two in human years, though a two year old human is way more developed physically and mentally. So if he is 2 years older every 50 years, which stands to reason, and there are 18 50-year periods in 900, then it would stand to reason that Yoda was technically 36 human years when he died. (I think that’s correct math) Between LOTJ and AOTC, he could be only “4 years“ older.

I know I’m splitting hairs, but he technically died because he was sick, not old.

He had just cut down a Nihil before he spotted the island, and there was the disorienting gas that he was breathing in, which would make the feat even more impressive.

Not to tag team you here, but he still isn't fighting anyone in the exact time frame he's throwing the island or the quote would have mentioned it. Even if we discrard that, this is also by definition a charged blast considering he's sitting there stewing in his emotions before using Force. This isn't really something he has time to do unless Mace is an idiot and lets 3 Force users he doesnt know charge up in front of him.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LightorDark

@laskt: No, I get he wasn’t fighting someone while doing it, which I think is the point you two are making. My point is that he is in combat choking on gas, not in meditation with younglings around him, which is how Yoda is described with the tibanna feat.

If there is something larger he could throw, then it’s possible Mace could not deflect or dodge it. To compare, Sidious didn’t deflect Yoda’s senate pod, which was rather large.

The point is Elzar can without a doubt throw a sky island, which is an incredible force feat and makes a difference in a fight against Mace.

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightordark:

Yoda is portrayed as the wise old teacher and has grey hair. It doesn’t make sense for him to be the Yoda species equivalent to a 36 year old human in ROTJ.

He had just cut down a Nihil before he spotted the island

Sure but he still had all the time needed to focus without distractions. Him fighting recently is only significant if it made him tired(which it didn’t).

there was the disorienting gas that he was breathing in, which would make the feat even more impressive.

I don’t remember the gas being a hinderance for Elzar. Could you post a quote for this?

My point is that he is in combat choking on gas, not in meditation with younglings around him, which is how Yoda is described with the tibanna feat.

Many Jedi were passing out because of the effort of trying to move the Tibanna, the younglings wouldn’t be contributing much.

If there is something larger he could throw, then it’s possible Mace could not deflect or dodge it. To compare, Sidious didn’t deflect Yoda’s senate pod, which was rather large.

The fight takes place in the Jedi Archives.

The point is Elzar can without a doubt throw a sky island, which is an incredible force feat and makes a difference in a fight against Mace.

He only did it with a huge amp. Meanwhile, Mace scales above a much more impressive feat. RotS Mace>Brotherhood Mace>=<Brotherhood Yoda>LOTJ Yoda>>>Rage Amped Elzar>>>Base Elzar

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightordark:

Yoda is portrayed as the wise old teacher and has grey hair. It doesn’t make sense for him to be the Yoda species equivalent to a 36 year old human in ROTJ.

I agree with you, but my example is solid. countless things don’t make sense in Star Wars, just look at Anakin vs Vader‘s on screen lightsaber fights. Everyone says Vader is faster. The screen disagrees fervently

He had just cut down a Nihil before he spotted the island

Sure but he still had all the time needed to focus without distractions. Him fighting recently is only significant if it made him tired(which it didn’t).

I mean, all the time is a stretch an island was falling from the sky about to crush vectors and thousands of people. The text draws it out, but it implies that it happened fast.

there was the disorienting gas that he was breathing in, which would make the feat even more impressive.

I don’t remember the gas being a hinderance for Elzar. Could you post a quote for this?

I’ll search for it. It does say he was choking on the gas.

My point is that he is in combat choking on gas, not in meditation with younglings around him, which is how Yoda is described with the tibanna feat.

Many Jedi were passing out because of the effort of trying to move the Tibanna, the younglings wouldn’t be contributing much.

I wasn’t talking about effort as much as situation. Yoda wasn’t in combat.

He only did it with a huge amp. Meanwhile, Mace scales above a much more impressive feat. RotS Mace>Brotherhood Mace>=<Brotherhood Yoda>LOTJ Yoda>>>Rage Amped Elzar>>>Base Elzar

Sure, but it’s not a 1v1 force battle. Elzar has a textual force feat, not scaling, and two Jedi masters alongside him. What force feat does Mace that competes? He has sabers for sure because he disarmed Sidious, but he doesn’t have saber feats against three trained force users.

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JediSympathiz3r

@lightordark:

I agree with you, but my example is solid. countless things don’t make sense in Star Wars, just look at Anakin vs Vader‘s on screen lightsaber fights. Everyone says Vader is faster. The screen disagrees fervently

I can’t quantify how much force users grow with age anyway so I’m fine with just going with AOTC Yoda being equal to or very slightly more powerful than LOTJ Yoda

I mean, all the time is a stretch an island was falling from the sky about to crush vectors and thousands of people. The text draws it out, but it implies that it happened fast.

Yeah, poor wording. I mean that he could focus entirely on using telekinesis and he had some time to charge up which isn’t something you can do while directly in combat. Btw, Yoda wouldn’t have much charge up time either since he would want to join in ASAP.

Also, even if we assume that the outside circumstances make the 2 feats equivalent, Mace still scales far above Elzar: RotS Mace>Brotherhood Mace~Brotherhood Yoda>=LOTJ Yoda=Rage amped Elzar>>>Base Elzar

Sure, but it’s not a 1v1 force battle

(…)

two Jedi masters alongside him

Neither of their force feats are even somewhat close to Elzar’s sky island feat and I don’t think Stellan or Avar scale to him(wouldn’t be surprised if they do but I don’t remember anything that suggests it). They’re not going to be much help.

Elzar has a textual force feat, not scaling

(…)

What force feat does Mace that competes?

Sure, if we ignored scaling Elzar ragdolls Mace but we don’t ignore scaling so Mace is still more powerful.

He has sabers for sure because he disarmed Sidious, but he doesn’t have saber feats against three trained force users

Their number advantage doesn’t matter if none of them can last for more than 1 saber clash.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are we scaling Mace to Yoda in the force?

The feats clearly favor the grandmaster and Mace has feats of his own that we can use.

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grinningf0x: From Brotherhood(novel that takes place between AOTC and TCW):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

RotS Mace is equal to RotS Yoda:

“A respected Jedi with powers on par with those of venerable Yoda, Mace Windu was a senior member of the Jedi High Council, and his wisdom and judgement were legendary”

Star Wars Fact File Relaunched #008

Sidious needed to be saved by Anakin(after he was forced into the corner) which means he couldn’t defeat Mace with the force:

“Meanwhile, in the Chancellor’s office, Palpatine was far from meekly accepting his fate. By the time Anakin arrived on the scene, three of the four Jedi Masters lay dead, cut down by Palpatine’s crimson lightsaber blade before it was lost. The Sith Lord’s fate was now in Mace Windu’s hands alone”

Skywalker: Family at war

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
~ Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, Expanded Edition
~ Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, Expanded Edition
Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JediSympathiz3r

@grinningf0x: Sidious being at Mace’s mercy is a feat. Besides, statements don’t need to be backed up by feats, they just need to not be contradicted by them.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightordark:

Sure, if we ignored scaling Elzar ragdolls Mace but we don’t ignore scaling so Mace is still more powerful.

Scaling is a problem in itself because the foundation for it is so subjective. Feats have to be greater than scaling, right?

Their number advantage doesn’t matter if none of them can last for more than 1 saber clash.

What suggests they can’t survive more than one clash?

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. Why are we scaling someone who is repeatedly portrayed and stated to be on the jedi grandmaster's league to the grandmaster? Silly.

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightordark:

Scaling is a problem in itself because the foundation for it is so subjective. Feats have to be greater than scaling, right?

I agree that feats are more concrete but the foundation for my scaling isn’t subjective since it’s based on statements from canon.

What suggests they can’t survive more than one clash?

Scaling above every Jedi in the PT besides RotS Yoda

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

turtleman1878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace should win all rounds

SunshineDobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: The Constellation trio stomps.

R2: Avar and Stellan are both accomplished duelist and Elzar isn’t too bad. I’d say Mace takes it mid to high diff.

R3: The Constellation trio has this. Mid to high diff I’d say

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#34  Edited By shroudofsorrow

I'd assume Mace Windu wins this with little trouble, but I'm willing to be proven wrong on this.

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace wins mid-high diff, but I'm no expert on these hr characters so I would be open to someone convincing me otherwise

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Mace Windu low diff

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@ieatnettles: Honestly, it feels to me like he wouldn't even have that much trouble (at least not in saber dueling), but like you I'm pretty ignorant on HR-Era characters overall.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ieatnettles

@a_fine_edition: @shroudofsorrow: I barely know anything about any of these apart from porter was like pre prime Yoda level. Thanks, I'll take a look at the threads sometime tmrw

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ieatnettles: cool. Porter's probably the most notably powerful/skilled Jedi from the era. Avar has a couple statements putting her on-par with Yoda Force-wise, and her feats are okay. The main issue is that their opponents in duels just don't feel notable or impactful. It's hard to scale when there's barely anyone but fodder around for them to cut down.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#41 frozen  Moderator
A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By A_FINE_EDITION

@frozen: I really don't think he is though. At least not far beyond, if at all. One or two statements that he performed something around that level does not incline me to believe he would suddenly stomp so many high tiers. Hell, we don't even know how good HR Yoda is. We need to know more about this guy. Unless he's gotten new feats I'm inclined to believe he is not "far beyond" Yoda.

SunshineDobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell, we don't even know how good HR Yoda is.

We've seen HR Yoda perform better than he ever has in the PT against fodder in Midnight Horizon.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#44 frozen  Moderator

@a_fine_edition:

It is said that “nobody comes close to him”. Which would mean a tier above Yoda. Iirc it’s an OOU statement too.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: It's a comic description meant to hype up the main character of the book. I really don't think a lot of thought or consideration was being put into it when it was written. There was a very similar statement about Kirak Infil'a being more powerful than anyone Vader's ever faced, and that was very vague as well. I don't think people really took it as fact either, though I believe there was debate. Regardless, I really don't know why so many people put such stock in such statements. To say someone is vastly above Yoda so assuredly seems premature, especially since we've really not seen a lot from the guy.

Isn't Porter meant to get another series soon about how he got his "Blade of Bardotta" title? I think it's called "The Broken Blade." No idea when it's meant to come out, but I think until then he's way too vague to scale effectively.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunshinedobbs: He fought fodder once, didn't he? In "Ambush" and he was having a blast the whole time. Still, fodder is fodder, and Yoda had some backup, however small it may have been.

Midnight Horizon's finale was pretty damn cool though. One of the more badass Yoda moments in recent memory.

SunshineDobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SunshineDobbs

@a_fine_edition: It's not the only statement putting Porter above Yoda though:

Both Bell and Loden were transfixed. They were both good swordsmen, and Loden had some claim to being great. But this was like nothing they had ever seen. Not at the Jedi Temple, not from Master Yoda or Zaviel Tepp, or even old Arkoff. Bell couldn’t imagine what it would be like to face Porter Engle in combat.

Light of The Jedi Chapter 25

He has a bunch of other statements saying he's legendary too. And it's not like his feats are bad either.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunshinedobbs: I don't put much stock in that one either. All it says is that he's doing a move they've never seen before from other swordsmen. For now I just think he's too undefined, and his actual feats themselves aren't enough.

SunshineDobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SunshineDobbs
@a_fine_edition said:

He fought fodder once, didn't he? In "Ambush" and he was having a blast the whole time. Still, fodder is fodder, and Yoda had some backup, however small it may have been.

Midnight Horizon's finale was pretty damn cool though. One of the more badass Yoda moments in recent memory.

The most he fought at once in Ambush was 3 AATs, 8 B2s and 9 B1s. So it was a 1 vs 17 at worst:

No Caption Provided

While in Midnight Horizon there were 500 Nihil + commandeered walkers towards the beginning of the battle:

Nihil forces below seemed to go on and on to all sides—there had to be at least five hundred gathered before an array of tanks and commandeered industrial walkers. And there, in front of the Republic shipyard, a small line of defenders gathered behind their makeshift barricade of shipping crates, scrap metal, and fencing. Reath thought he recognized some of Crash’s crew: the floaty famous girl, Svi’no, definitely, and both the Wookiee and Savrip could easily be distinguished, loading more junk on top of their defensive wall.

Midnight Horizon Chapter 55

And more were arriving throughout the battle:

The Nihil just kept coming.

Kantam had never seen so many. Even as swaths fell in battle, more and more rushed into the field, literally crawling out of sewers, scurrying off that transporter, or dropping in from who knew where else.…

Kantam stood on the smoking charred remains of a speeder bike one of the raiders had charged them with. The battlefield was a sea of gas masks, goggles, helmets. Contingents of Nihil stormed through the shipyard, looking for a ship that hadn’t been sabotaged. Soon they would realize the star cruisers wouldn’t do them any good and they’d concentrate all their scattered forces on the Republic lot.

Midnight Horizon Chapter 59

There were only 24 defenders left when Yoda arrived, so even if you take all of them into account equally, HR Yoda still had worst odds (1 vs 20):

One ship. Less than two dozen defenders. Hundreds of Nihil.

Midnight Horizon Chapter 61

But it's pretty clear that he didn't need much help if at all and he was practically soloing the army:

The remaining fog, all that was left of that foul yellow-gray cloud, was swept suddenly away as if a heavy wind had blown in from the harbor.

But there was no wind.

All around Kantam, warriors looked to either side, confused.

There in the middle of a wide-open area, the last bit of fog cleared to reveal a short hooded figure standing alone amid all that destruction and death. A bright green lightsaber extended from one hand; the other was raised to the sky.

Master Yoda.

“A hand, it seemed you might need,” Yoda said. His eyes locked with Kantam’s.

Kantam gasped, tears sliding down their face. The entire weight of the trawler was gone now. Kantam dropped their hands, panting.

Master Yoda made a single mighty sweeping motion, and the trawler above careened out of the sky, smashing directly into the charging Nihil horde with a fiery explosion.

The whole shipyard shook with the blast. Nihil and Corellian defenders scattered as debris rained down on them. But the fight wasn’t over yet. Already, the remaining raiders began regrouping, forming tight clusters around the Jedi.

Kantam blinked through more tears as their master leapt into motion, smashing his way through a sudden onslaught of attackers. The Nihil fell to either side, a collapsing catastrophe of severed limbs and lifeless bodies. More came, and Yoda leapt again, smashing directly into the leader feetfirst and then launching upward into a wild flip and landing in the midst of the rest of them, sending the lot flailing away with a single hand motion.

“For light and life!” Kantam yelled, finally finding Cohmac and then Zeen again amid the chaos. They spun into action, cutting down the nearest Nihil and leaping to where more were preparing to lunge at Master Yoda.

Yoda’s battle mode was dizzyingly fast. He launched into the air, cutting through a crowd of Nihil as he went, and then landed amid another crowd of them and immediately sent them all flying with a flick of his tiny wrist.

“Master!” Kantam called as a tall, heavily armored raider bore down on Yoda with some kind of whirring buzz saw. Yoda whirled around, then stepped easily out of the way as the beast went roaring past. Kantam sent out a blistering shove with the Force and the attacker stumbled backward, arms waving, until a bright green lightsaber burst through his chest.

He collapsed with a screech, but more came, so many more.

“Stay close!” Kantam yelled. “We’re not out of this yet.”

The few reinforcements who had managed to get out of the way of the downed trawler were rushing into battle, and all the Nihil had the fury of a losing hand electrifying their every movement. This wasn’t supposed to be a battle at all, and it certainly wasn’t supposed to be a losing one.

“Gather we must,” Yoda said as Kantam and Cohmac fell into line on either side of him, “and charge, to close this out for good.”

The others soon appeared from the tangle of fighting: Zeen, and more of Crash’s crew, and Corellians Kantam had never seen before. They were worn-out and injured, but the sight of this tiny kinetic green Jedi lit them up from within. They were ready.

Up ahead, the surviving Nihil had congealed into a swarm, blocking the only way out of the shipyard. Smoke rose from the shattered wreckage of that trawler. Somewhere far away, the Jedi of Starlight Beacon were fighting for their lives and the lives of so many others.

But Kantam was on Corellia, and so, somehow, was their master.

“I release you, Lula Talisola,” Kantam whispered again. “But whatever happens after this, if you live, I will find you.”

Yoda glanced up and down the lines of fighters around him. They stared back, faces set with determination and grit. He raised his saber. “For light and life!” Yoda yelled, his voice thundering across the battlefield.

As one, they charged.

“For light and life!” The shouts rose up all around as they ran.

“For light and life!” cried Zeen, blasting away with tears in her eyes as they neared the bristling horde of Nihil.

“For light and life!” yelled Kantam Sy, whacking one bolt and then the next away and then leaping forward into the tangle of bodies and blasters.

“For light and life!” called Cohmac, dodging an attacker and then using the Force to send him catapulting back into three more.

“For light and life!” yelled Svi’no, and Smeemarm, and Fezzonk, and … was that Crash? Crawling out of a utility hole and looking around, confused.

Yoda had led the charging defenders directly into the middle of the Nihil line, sweeping it away entirely. The remaining raiders were cut off from each other, fighting a suddenly desperate battle for their lives as the Corellian defenders and Jedi crashed through whatever was left of their defenses and sent them scattering into the darkness.

Midnight Horizon Chapter 65

@a_fine_edition said:

@sunshinedobbs: I don't put much stock in that one either. All it says is that he's doing a move they've never seen before from other swordsmen. For now I just think he's too undefined, and his actual feats themselves aren't enough.

They explicitly say in that statement that it translates to his combat ability.

And he has plenty of saber deflection feats that haven't been matched by anyone. No other Jedi has ever statued and blizted a Jedi Killer before as far as I know. And he stomped a Jedi Master in sparring too. Fodder Jedi Masters have done better against Windu before. Porter also fought an army.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunshinedobbs: I'm pretty sure there were more droids, but I digress.

They explicitly say in that statement that it translates to his combat ability.

Sure, but Bell simply remarks that he couldn't imagine what it would be like to fight him.

And he has plenty of saber deflection feats that haven't been matched by anyone. No other Jedi has ever statued and blizted a Jedi Killer before as far as I know. And he stomped a Jedi Master in sparring too. Fodder Jedi Masters have done better against Windu before. Porter also fought an army.

Fair enough. Although he failed to protect Barash at one point and she got hit by a blaster bolt. Also, are you sure that Jedi was a Master? I thought he was a Knight? We also don't know much of anything about General Viess. She's featless other than getting blitzed, but fair point there as well. Although he was caught off-guard by her prepping and throwing a grenade moments later.

If anything it seems to me like HR Yoda outdid Porter in fighting an army. He was smashing through their ranks like nothing, whereas Porter was exhausted by the end and didn't come close to defeating them singlehandedly. He had help via the planet's soldiers, who turned on the mercenaries.