Luke's New Jedi Order vs RoTS Palpatine

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

how would the fight go if some competent and skilled council members showed up?

Luke's Order as of FoTJ vs Revenge of The Sith Sidious

No Caption Provided

Luke's Order is: Kyle Katarn, Saba Sebatyne, Kyp Durron, and Corran Horn as of Fate of The Jedi

Round 1

Sabers Only

Round 2

Force Only

Round 3

All Out

Battlefield

No Caption Provided

10 meters apart...

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sidious one-shots. Luke's Order on average should be much weaker than the prequel Jedi, as they have less knowledge, less rigorous training, and most started their training while already mature adults. The Jedi of the prequels are in their prime in terms of lore, start their training as infants with few exceptions, and constantly train from toddlerhood till death in lightsaber combat.

So, this team should no different if not weaker than any four of the ROTS Council, bar Yoda & Mace of course.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@lord_tenebrous: Eh I wouldn't say much weaker, Luke did gain a lot of knowledge(The Great Holocron and Jedi Path for example, among whatever other holocrons and such he gathered) and even former members of the Old Jedi Order to help him. Plus if taking into account JO/JA, Luke's average students were able to whip out multiple Force powers on the fly as they were fighting against multiple opponents.

Although yeah, they probably are lacking the experience since they start older. Of course since they are smaller, then perhaps it means more crunch time with each student? So the quality I think couldn't be too huge a gap.

But that said, yeah the changing of the team doesn't really change much as Sidious creams them anyway.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By El_mago  Online

Sidious wins but not in a stomp or

anything

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Creamy Sheev

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the_wspanialy

Kyp and Kyle can hold their own against GM Luke, while Saba and Corran shouldn't be far behind them. Yeah, this Sheev gets creamed.

@wolfrazer said:@lord_tenebrous: Eh I wouldn't say much weaker, Luke did gain a lot of knowledge(The Great Holocron and Jedi Path for example, among whatever other holocrons and such he gathered) and even former members of the Old Jedi Order to help him. Plus if taking into account JO/JA, Luke's average students were able to whip out multiple Force powers on the fly as they were fighting against multiple opponents.

Although yeah, they probably are lacking the experience since they start older. Of course since they are smaller, then perhaps it means more crunch time with each student? So the quality I think couldn't be too huge a gap.

But that said, yeah the changing of the team doesn't really change much as Sidious creams them anyway.

In a matter of three decades, the NJO went through far more than the OJO went through a thousand years. The experience factor doesn't benefit PT at all.

Richard96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious gets stomped.

Kyp is comparable to GM Luke in force power, and he could solo a force only fight. He is not equally proficient in sabers, but if you add Kyle and Saba Sidious is doomed even in sabers.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wolfrazer  Online

@the_wspanialy: I won’t argue that, now that I’m thinking on it more.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyp and Kyle can hold their own against GM Luke, while Saba and Corran shouldn't be far behind them. Yeah, this Sheev gets creamed.

@wolfrazer said:

@lord_tenebrous: Eh I wouldn't say much weaker, Luke did gain a lot of knowledge(The Great Holocron and Jedi Path for example, among whatever other holocrons and such he gathered) and even former members of the Old Jedi Order to help him. Plus if taking into account JO/JA, Luke's average students were able to whip out multiple Force powers on the fly as they were fighting against multiple opponents.

In a matter of three decades, the NJO went through far more than the OJO went thorough a thousand of years. The experience factor doesn't benefit PT at all.

Experience in war is not the only kind of experience, and wars tend to weaken the Jedi, not strengthen them.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lord_Tenebrous

@wolfrazer:

Eh I wouldn't say much weaker, Luke did gain a lot of knowledge(The Great Holocron and Jedi Path for example, among whatever other holocrons and such he gathered) and even former members of the Old Jedi Order to help him.

This is really no different than saying "I'm overweight, but I'm eating healthy and have started to lift weights." Still not quite there.

Plus if taking into account JO/JA, Luke's average students were able to whip out multiple Force powers on the fly as they were fighting against multiple opponents.

And this is impressive why?

Well, pretty much all the Initiates were trained by Yoda himself, alongside a number of other instructors, before being personally apprenticed to whatever fully-trained Jedi would have them.

All in all, Luke's initial generation started their training decades later than the prequel Jedi, had inferior quality training, and less structure. I agree that they're probably not much weaker, but the prequel Jedi are on average comfortably superior.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Its not a stomp. Kyle Katarn beat an amped Jerec who at base is deemed to be near Legends Vader in power and esteem to the point that Sheez would have chosen him as his apprentice if anakin had died. Kyp Durron is absurdly powerful in the force to near parity with ROTS Sidious, although he is lacking in saber combat. Add in Saba and Corran and I don't see Sidious stomping.

Hell Sidious didn't stomp the Jedi Strike team, especially in Canon, although that was because of Mace. And even though he didn't sweep the others, he took them by surprise with a force scream.

ferriserris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the team.

Krasny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Krasny

@richard96: Kyp and Kyle are comparable to GM Luke? Dam well Caedus must be way higher than GM Luke since both would be fodder to him. And we know thats not the case.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lord_tenebrous: I thought I read somewhere that Jedi Duelists were at their strongest during the era with the Mandalorian Wars; but the strongest force users were during the Clone Wars era (that is, after the longest era of peace). At least on an average (not concluding based on the strongest; but on the average).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Richard96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Richard96

@krasny:

I never said Kyle is comparable to Luke. He isn’t. Kyp is comparable to Luke in force power, by feats and implied power. Also, Kyp isn’t fodder to Caedus.

Kyp is way more powerful than Kyle.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious gets stomped.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lord_Tenebrous

@floopay:

You can find quotes to support most any position -- Star Wars isn't the most consistent mythos out there.

The prequel Jedi have been building up and expanding their ranks, while taking hold of all available Force knowledge in the galaxy. They've been improving for a millennium. The Clone Wars weakened them though, like any war.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eredin12

Palpatine stomps

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best one here is Kyp. Worst is Seba. This will go closely to the strike team fight probably. Kyp is reasonably close to Mace, obviously not in duelling. The force scream power from sidious is enough to stun these 4, same as it did the strike team. Seba dies but I think Kyp, Corran and Kyle recover before they die. Corran goes down next fairly quickly. I think he’s the weakest duelist of the 3 left tbh. Kyle and Kyp mix duelling with quite a bit of force abilities to stay alive. Kyle goes down and then Kyp alone also falls. They simply can’t hold against Sidious here. Maybe phantom Menace palp.