• 61 results
#1 Edited by shatiquego582 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

No prep

Standard gear

Win by K.O or submission

Luke from the end of Episode 6 Return Of The Jedi

Galen Marek (Starkiller) from Force unleashed 2

Story: Starkiller wants to join the Rebels but Luke feels he must prove himself by dueling him due to him being Darth Vader's Padawan who will win

#2 Edited by i_like_swords (26192 posts) - - Show Bio

Starkiller started the rebellion..

#3 Edited by FrozenPhoenix (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

What version of Luke??

#4 Posted by xlab3000 (3947 posts) - - Show Bio

if this is EU Luke stomps

#5 Edited by shatiquego582 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: yea but didn't Luke lead the rebellion in his absence or was at Least become a high ranking member

#6 Posted by i_like_swords (26192 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by FukYouRenchamp (7109 posts) - - Show Bio

@shatiquego582: Starkiller won againist Emperoer and completely demolished Vader. So my vote goes to Starkiller

#8 Posted by shatiquego582 (200 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by silkyballfro94 (8673 posts) - - Show Bio

Starkiller no contest.

#10 Posted by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

Starkiller.

#11 Edited by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman

Anyway, I'll say Luke.

Much greater speed and skill and he has enough raw power in the Force not to be overwhelmed by Starkiller's force abilities.

#12 Edited by cfrehse (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

He wasn't that powerful at the end of episode 6. He goes on to become insanely powerful

#13 Edited by JediXMan (42400 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke did better against Vader than Starkiller did. For the vast majority of that duel, Luke was passive; he was trying to turn Vader. In the end, when Vader taunted him, Luke finished the fight. Starkiller tried his absolute hardest to win his duel with Vader, and he was still inferior in terms of lightsaber combat.

Luke wins this fight, like he wins the majority of his fights.

#14 Posted by i_like_swords (26192 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Luke did better against Vader than Starkiller did. For the vast majority of that duel, Luke was passive; he was trying to turn Vader. In the end, when Vader taunted him, Luke finished the fight. Starkiller tried his absolute hardest to win his duel with Vader, and he was still inferior in terms of lightsaber combat.

#16 Posted by zr0c00l (3143 posts) - - Show Bio

Starkiller. But eu luke makes a cup out of his skull.

#17 Edited by _Cerberus_ (3446 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL!

EU makes Star Killer look like a chump and Luke like a god, the EU even disses all his (Star Killers) feats making every single one like a goddamn struggle that he barely managed to do.

The Video Games and Movie makes Star Killer look like a boss and Luke like a n00b.

Star Killer stomps because EU is terrible most of the time.

#18 Posted by dondave (41749 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke

#19 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

What has Luke done exactly?

Avatar image for imboredletsdebate
#20 Edited by ImBoredLetsDebate (617 posts) - - Show Bio

What has Luke done exactly?

Everything

#21 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL!

EU makes Star Killer look like a chump and Luke like a god, the EU even disses all his (Star Killers) feats making every single one like a goddamn struggle that he barely managed to do.

The Video Games and Movie makes Star Killer look like a boss and Luke like a n00b.

Some EU is terrible. Before I read any EU, I read a lot of reviews so I don't waste my time. There have been a few authors that actually have actually contributed well written stories to the SW universe.

I tend to avoid any that have Luke Skywalker though, they are usually terribly written and have completely changed the character of Luke into something very silly along with the whole concept of the force. His character was silly enough from just the movies, but it was in the best kind of way. I'm not saying the EU is bad for Star Wars, I just think of it as two separate universes and unless stated, feats from the movies should only be used.

IMO, It's usually a better debate if only the movie versions of Luke are allowed, but I do understand why so many people love the EU Luke. It's hard to only have a few hours of screen time to tell the story of someone's favorite character.

Movie Luke, gets stomped hard. Starkiller effortlessly crumples AT-ST's and Tie Fighters like it's no big deal. Starkiller mows down rancors like swatting flies. Luke struggled against the slowest moving Rancor of all time. Starkiller ripped a Star Destroyer out of the sky with pure force. Star Killer could leave his light sabers at home and make Luke or any other jedi / sith from movies alone look like a child.

EU Luke stomps Starkiller hard. Ya, EU Luke is way overpowered and kind of cheapens the original concepts of the force from the movies in the EU. Starkiller does too though.

#23 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44276 posts) - - Show Bio

Starkiller.

Nope.

Starkiller no contest.

Not even close.

@tparks said:

@_cerberus_ said:

LOL!

Some EU is terrible. Before I read any EU, I read a lot of reviews so I don't waste my time. There have been a few authors that actually have actually contributed well written stories to the SW universe.

I tend to avoid any that have Luke Skywalker though, they are usually terribly written and have completely changed the character of Luke into something very silly along with the whole concept of the force. His character was silly enough from just the movies, but it was in the best kind of way. I'm not saying the EU is bad for Star Wars, I just think of it as two separate universes and unless stated, feats from the movies should only be used.

IMO, It's usually a better debate if only the movie versions of Luke are allowed, but I do understand why so many people love the EU Luke. It's hard to only have a few hours of screen time to tell the story of someone's favorite character.

Movie Luke, gets stomped hard. Starkiller effortlessly crumples AT-ST's and Tie Fighters like it's no big deal. Starkiller mows down rancors like swatting flies. Luke struggled against the slowest moving Rancor of all time. Starkiller ripped a Star Destroyer out of the sky with pure force. Star Killer could leave his light sabers at home and make Luke or any other jedi / sith from movies alone look like a child.

EU Luke stomps Starkiller hard. Ya, EU Luke is way overpowered and kind of cheapens the original concepts of the force from the movies in the EU. Starkiller does too though.

No he never, how many times does it have to be stated it was already falling he simply guided to the Junk cannon.

Also this is Comicvine when use Comic versions of characters unless stated otherwise and since the comics are C-canon that means EU,thus we use that version unless it's stated we use movie version.

Use Comic Characters / At least one Comic Character per battle

In case you didn’t know, this site was made for comics. It would follow that the majority of fights should be comic related.

#24 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: OP did state movie version Luke, who would really just lose terribly against Starkiller, game, novel or comic.

#25 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44276 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: OP did state movie version Luke, who would really just lose terribly against Starkiller, game, novel or comic.

He stated Return Of The Jedi which is a comic as well so......

No Caption Provided

#26 Edited by FrozenPhoenix (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: That's not Episode 6 Return of the Jedi (which is what the OP wrote)

#27 Edited by Pharoh_Atem (44276 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix said:

@dccomicsrule2011: That's not Episode 6 Return of the Jedi (which is what the OP wrote)

Well technically it is, RTOJ comic is the film adaption. Actually the reason the comic books were not called episodes when it first came out was because Star Wars did not adopt that concept until the prequels came out (I mean how could episode IV be episode IV if it's really the first one for the time?). That is the reason the prequel comic adaption are labeled episode I,II and III respectably. In fact, In the newly released Omnibus, Return of The Jedi is refereed to as episode VI:

No Caption Provided
#28 Edited by Pharoh_Atem (44276 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke should win this. He is the far superior duelist and his ability with the Force is probably better as well.

For dueling Luke has fought evenly with Vader, while Galen struggled and retorted to Force abilities.

Edge: Luke by miles.

As far as for speed, Luke has been able to deflect blaster bolts from a dozen shooters simultaneously,make blurring?after images with his lightsbaber, has moved faster then thought, has thrown blows faster then an eye blink, saw sub-light ships in slow motion etc. Galen has moved faster then the human eye could see,reflected a dozen blaster bolts, etc.

Edge: Luke clearly has the speed advantage.

As far as TK goes Galen has been able to push down AT-ST's and guided a already fallen Star Destroyer towards a junk canon. Luke has been able to activate machine across cloud city, hold up a AT-ST, unlock himself from a jail cell etc.

Edge: I may give Galen the TK advantage but I'm not sure.

As far as for telepathy is concerned Luke has used TP to control a imperial guard and brought an unsuspected Vader to his knees. I only recall Galen using the mind trick on a Stormstooper.

Edge: Luke Skywalker

Meh I'm to lazy to continue lol. All I'm going to say is Luke takes the majority 8/10.

#29 Posted by shatiquego582 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: may I get in on this cause I can't believe the amount of people that have commented and I like both sides and I won't say who I think should win but ill remain neutral and correct or throw in my 2 cents ounce and a while. Now that's out the way LETS GET IT ON!!!! Star killer is no joke and were going by The Force Unleashed Trailer not the gameplay cause that's not fair for Starkiller and any comic book or source material can be used for Luke from anything that's takes place in between Ep's 4-6 and make something's from EU as longs its not 2 years after the events of Ep VI Starkiller is very strong in the force and a food duliest he too has bested Vader's twice while Luke may look like he struggled in Ep VI he was holding back and was trying to turn Vader from the dark side but ounce Vader pissed him off he best him in under 5 min Starkiller and Vader's battles lasted about 10-20 min roughly and Starkiller breaks a sweat or a couple in those fights and unlike Luke he's not holding back he is going after blood but let's look at feats Starkiller has taken on a entire cloning facility on Kamino and walked way perfectly fine and has taken on hundreds of hundreds of clones at ounce and his force repulse has reduced troopers to ash and has fought imperial mechs and blone up threw them with ease and gets rid of rancors with no trouble while we never seen Luke fight a Rancor with his LIGHTSABER something a lot of people have forgot and luke is said to have the most raw power in the force then any Jedi before him if I remember correctly now let's look at powers

Starkiller

-force lightning

-force push

-force grip

-force jump

-force sense

-force repulse

-lightsaber throw

-mind rape

Luke Skywalker

-force sense

-force jump

-mind rape

-force push

-lightsaber throw

-force grip

Starkiller maybe be a good duelist but he lets his emotions cloud his judgement and has not been fully trained by Vader or anyone exactly while Luke has been trained by Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jedi Master Yodi and Luke Skywalker maintains a cool and calm and collected head in his battles unlike Starkiller also Starkiller never ripped the star destroyer down it was falling already he just guided it an he struggled with that

#30 Edited by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: I`m pretty sure the OP specifically wanted the Episode 6 film version of Luke to be used, he didn`t specify on if the EU is included or not but if it is then Starkiller has no real chance unless he limits the material that could be used.

#31 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44276 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: I`m pretty sure the OP specifically wanted the Episode 6 film version of Luke to be used, he didn`t specify on if the EU is included or not but if it is then Starkiller has no real chance unless he limits the material that could be used.

Well the Op had no problem with me using EU since he said....

@shatiquego582 said:

any comic book or source material can be used for Luke from anything that's takes place in between Ep's 4-6 and make something's from EU as longs its not 2 years after the events of Ep VI

Also it's not a stomp this is Luke Skywalker around 5 ABY he is not pulling of the Black hole manipulating- invisible to anyone-mountain crushing-Solar system scanning-Near relativistic- feats at this time. People seem to think the instant EU Luke is added he stomps but that's not always the case since it depends on the era. Luke at this time would be Galen more times then not. Luke during ESB would be crushed, and NJO Luke would beat Galen with a simple gesture and when I say that I mean literally...... a gesture:

No Caption Provided

#32 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

Starkiller handled Sidious' force lightning attacks like a boss IIRC.

I'd like to see Luke do that during his movies.

#33 Edited by Pharoh_Atem (44276 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix said:

Starkiller handled Sidious' force lightning attacks like a boss IIRC.

I'd like to see Luke do that during his movies.

Irrelevant especially when Luke is faster,stronger, more skilled and more versatile in the Force. As far as "boss" moments go Luke has plenty of those:

No Caption Provided

How many people you know can see black holes? (it's also worth noting he was injured to boot.) Now that is a boss moment.

Avatar image for earthquake_2123
#34 Edited by Earthquake_2123 (475 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for mrachakravartin
#35 Posted by MRAChakravartin (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
#36 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (9130 posts) - - Show Bio

I stomp.

Avatar image for injusticeforall
#37 Edited by InjusticeForAll (513 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by ElderSkaar (5319 posts) - - Show Bio

Starkiller has much better feats, he stomps hard. Too fast and versatile. Luke had nomforce showings in the movies and his combat looked slow compared to Galen.

#39 Edited by Pharoh_Atem (44276 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure. Starkiller is far more powerful in the Force, while Luke is the far superior duelist, tactical thinker and strategist.

Ehh - maybe Starkiller because his pure Force advantage outstrips Luke dueling edge, probably. No one is stomping here thoughj let's not be ridiculous.

#40 Edited by Zero_Dreams (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Starkiller wins, due to his seemingly higher midi-chlorian count.

#41 Posted by DarthManhunter (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

@zero_dreams: Anakin has the highest midi-count and would get stomped by Yoda. So midi chlorian arguement doesnt mean much. And Luke is Anakins son so his midis should be pretty darn high as well.

Anyway if its just sabers, then Luke takes it, with force powers of these incarnations then Starkiller should take a slight majority.

#42 Posted by Zero_Dreams (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthmanhunter: Luke doesn't have prep and isn't bloodlusted, as this is apparently a sparring match of sorts. Starkiller overwhelms him.

#43 Posted by DarthManhunter (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

@zero_dreams: I agree that Starkiller can overwhelm RoTJ Luke with force powers but not to a degree of a stomp, like I said if it was strictly sabers though Luke has the edge. IMO

#44 Posted by Zero_Dreams (159 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by ElderSkaar (5319 posts) - - Show Bio

Starkiller should stomp based on feats. Luke is not that much more skilled then Galen, both started when they were kids and are about the same age.

#46 Posted by DarthManhunter (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

@elderskaar: Luke started when he was like 19, an adult which was basically unheard of for a jedi, but he was essentially the last hope. Being the son of Anakin and well you know the rest.

Force feats yes Starkiller has some crazy showings compared to Luke at that time, but Luke imo is the better duelist.

#47 Posted by ElderSkaar (5319 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthmanhunter: I believe he finished his training and became a jedi knight when he was 19, I don't remember really.. Being thr better duelist is overrated if you ask me, Galen is 10x more powerful and versatile then luke in the force and he is more ruthless.

#48 Posted by DarthManhunter (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

@elderskaar: Did we watch two different Star Wars Original Trilogies? Luke was around 18-20(I cant recall exactly) in A New Hope when he started his training with Obi-wan. Yoda specifically stated in RoTJ that only when he confronted Vader would he be a Jedi. Which at that point he would have been around 30.

Anyway, I know Starkiller has better force showings than Luke at this point, but I wouldn't say 10X better thats a stretch. Also being a better duelist helps tremedously, specially confronting opponents that tend to duel more than abuse force powers, Galen does engage in duels but also employs force powers while doing so which is why he would beat RoTJ Luke but not stomp him.

#49 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44276 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing as how Starkiller only stalemated/lost to ANH Darth Vader in a lightsaber duel, and Luke (while, arguably holding back) stalemated RotJ Darth Vader who was a substantially better duelist than his ANH self per canon, then yes - Luke is more adroit than Starkiller by a very decent and noticible margin.

How many years they trained is innocuous when discussing skill in general, especially in regards to somone who intrinsic aptitude is enough for him to master a form of training within days of learning it.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
#50 Posted by PreCrisisBardock (8736 posts) - - Show Bio