Luke Skywalker versus the X-Men

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I think Wolverine, Jean Grey and Nightcrawler would pose a problem.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Gottheit

Colossus, Rogue, Gambit, Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey(without the Dark Pheonix), and Nightcrawler versus Luke Skywalker, just after the end of Jedi Returns. Battleground is the Mos Espa marketplace. Who takes it?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

X-Men. Even without the Dark Pheonix Jean is a world class telepath with telekinesis. Wolverine vs Luke (or a lightsaber to be more exact) is always a debate. The main reason is because no one knows for sure if a lightsaber burns hot enough to cut through adamantium.

Nightcrawler could just teleport Luke into space, and that would be the end of this fight :P

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By King Saturn

Gambler says:

"X-Men. Even without the Dark Pheonix Jean is a world class telepath with telekinesis. Wolverine vs Luke (or a lightsaber to be more exact) is always a debate. The main reason is because no one knows for sure if a lightsaber burns hot enough to cut through adamantium. Nightcrawler could just teleport Luke into space, and that would be the end of this fight :P"

I totally agree. For a change. LOL

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I think out of those three I named, Nightcrawler would be the least of his problems. When Nightcrawler teleports, is he still "there"? As in, can Luke sense his life force? Added to the Jedi's ability to predict the enemies movements just before they actually strike and their reflexes which are clearly better than an average human's and I think Luke and Nightcrawler may have a fair fight.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gottheit

Really? Could a lightsaber cut through Adamantium?

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Valkaad

I think Cyclops alone would beat Luke. He cannot block cyclops entire blast and Scott's mind is way to strong/trained to fall for a jedi mind trick.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Ms. Invisible says:

"I think out of those three I named, Nightcrawler would be the least of his problems. When Nightcrawler teleports, is he still "there"? As in, can Luke sense his life force? Added to the Jedi's ability to predict the enemies movements just before they actually strike and their reflexes which are clearly better than an average human's and I think Luke and Nightcrawler may have a fair fight."

I agree, but can he do this while fending off a straight onslaught from Colossus and Wolverine, a telapathic assault from Jean, Gambit raining down cards, and Cyclops bouncing shots from every angle possible? I don't think he can.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Pania

One-on-one he may have a chance with each of them...but with all of them?

They'd beat him 'till he whined like a Tattoine farm boy.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Valkaad

I don't see how he has any chance against Cyclops.

Necro-Mimic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Necro-Mimic

Ms. Invisible says:

"I think out of those three I named, Nightcrawler would be the least of his problems. When Nightcrawler teleports, is he still "there"? As in, can Luke sense his life force? Added to the Jedi's ability to predict the enemies movements just before they actually strike and their reflexes which are clearly better than an average human's and I think Luke and Nightcrawler may have a fair fight."

I don't think so.....It's a whole new dimension

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Gambler says:

"Ms. Invisible says:

I agree, but can he do this while fending off a straight onslaught from Colossus and Wolverine, a telapathic assault from Jean, Gambit raining down cards, and Cyclops bouncing shots from every angle possible? I don't think he can.

"

The problem with these teams vs teams or teams vs one person is what happens in the battle. Yes, there certainly is a possibility that the X-Men will attack him all in one go, but then Luke may as well Force push a couple of those guys, and knock them out, making it easier for him.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Ms. Invisible says:

"Gambler says:
"Ms. Invisible says:

"

The problem with these teams vs teams or teams vs one person is what happens in the battle. Yes, there certainly is a possibility that the X-Men will attack him all in one go, but then Luke may as well Force push a couple of those guys, and knock them out, making it easier for him."

Thats a good point, but the X-Men have been a team for a looong time. They've been in alot of battles (not saying Luke hasn't) but they know how to attack. There not going to put themselves in a position where they can all be taken out in one move.

Thats why I said Wolverine and Colossus would charge. This is a straight forward attack that he must deal with. Jean would hang back using her telekinesis and or Telepathy. While Gambit would create another angle, coming in with an acrobatic maneuver. Luke has no idea what Nightcrawler is capable of and while he may catch some X-Men with a force push, thats more then enough time for Nightcrawer to BAMF appear behind, to the side, or above Luke and BAMF again taking him to god knows where.
Post Edited:2008-01-30 21:43:16

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Gambler says:

"Thats a good point, but the X-Men have been a team for a looong time. They've been in alot of battles (not saying Luke hasn't) but they know how to attack. There not going to put themselves in a position where they can all be taken out in one move.Thats why I said Wolverine and Colossus would charge. This is a straight forward attack that he must deal with. Jean would hang back using her telekinesis and or Telepathy. While Gambit would create another angle, coming in with an acrobatic maneuver. Luke has no idea what Nightcrawler is capable off and while he may catch some X-Men with a force push, thats more then enough time for Nightcrawer to **BAMF** appear behind, to the side, or above Luke and **BAMF** again taking him to god knows where."

Yeah, it makes sense that they would attack all at once.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I just wanted to say BAMF :D

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gottheit

Ok, first draft, maybe I should change this...Ok, that same team, versus the entire Empire. Palpatine, Vader, all the Storm Troopers, all the AT Walkers, Jar Jar, all of it.

Oh, and the Jean Grey I'm using isn't modern day Jean. It's her from the early eighties/mid seventies, when she was strong, but wasn't yet a freaking God.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

x-men

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

x-men

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hawk

Gottheit says:

"Ok, first draft, maybe I should change this...Ok, that same team, versus the entire Empire. Palpatine, Vader, all the Storm Troopers, all the AT Walkers, Jar Jar, all of it. Oh, and the Jean Grey I'm using isn't modern day Jean. It's her from the early eighties/mid seventies, when she was strong, but wasn't yet a freaking God."

So like a billion people verse what 5 or six?.....really?

TRTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TRTrunks

He could only take one at a time, i don't think luke ever faced so many opponents at the same time

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gottheit

To Hawk: Yeah, a billion people, but a billion jobbers. And with a stamina like the X-Men, and given infinite days to recover and work on freeing each individual planet, do you think that they, single handedly, could overthrow the Empire?