Luke Cage vs US Agent

geodoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By geodoc

Secret Invasion has ended.  Luke is distraut over the loss of his child.  US Agent asks him if he's registered, but Luke doesn't want to hear it.  "Back the f*** up you lame a** cap wanna be"  "Nobody talks to the Agent like that!"  "I'm gonna teach you a leason in respect for MY shield son."  "I'm not your son a** h***!"  Fight takes place in an abandoned subway station underground.

caption
caption

caption
caption
geodoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By geodoc

Though Cage is more durable on the outside, his insides are not.  Plus Agent is a much better fighter.  Throwing that vibranium shield with his strength should hurt him.  Agent for the win.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hadrelius

Cage wins!

Agent can't do any real damage. Cage has taken blows recently from the Wrecker (who is stronger than the Agent) and his crowbar (which is stronger than Agent's shield).

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Nighthunter

ain't the shield made of adamantium, cage's only weakness?

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SeSAW
Nighthunter said:
"ain't the shield made of adamantium, cage's only weakness?"
No Vibranium. Cage wins this the strength and toughness gets him the win, if it were Steve Rogers i might say steve but US agent aint quite Steve.
Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SeSAW said:
"Nighthunter said:
No Vibranium. Cage wins this the strength and toughness gets him the win, if it were Steve Rogers i might say steve but US agent aint quite Steve."
CAGE!
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Nighthunter
SeSAW said:
"Nighthunter said:
No Vibranium. Cage wins this the strength and toughness gets him the win, if it were Steve Rogers i might say steve but US agent aint quite Steve."
my bad then
spidey209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spidey209

us agent

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

U.S Agent.EASILY.

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LordCosmicKing

i was going to say US agent cause of his fighting ability and strength, but you beat me to it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
US Agent should win here
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LordCosmicKing

yuppers

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hadrelius
King Saturn said:
"US Agent should win here
"
But he is not strong enough to really hurt him.  Why?
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LordCosmicKing

joint dislocation, chokes, he also has super strength and actual fighting ability above cage he was trained to be captain americas replacement which cap help train... with a vibe shield he can still do some damage

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hadrelius
LordCosmicKing said:
"joint dislocation, chokes, he also has super strength and actual fighting ability above cage he was trained to be captain americas replacement which cap help train... with a vibe shield he can still do some damage"
Cage has taken down heavy weights like Mr Hyde and the Wrecker. I can't see a 10 ton lifter being able to beat him, even with his second rate Cap skills.  He wasn't doing that great against the Wrecking Crew and they are much weaker than the Wrecker.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LordCosmicKing

well that is your opinion... this is a one on one fight that u.s. agent should be able to handle without distraction... and you are seriously underestimating by calling him a second rate cap fighter...

think of the damage a vibe shield can do with and arm of a ten tonner behind it

StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordCosmicKing said:
"well that is your opinion... this is a one on one fight that u.s. agent should be able to handle without distraction... and you are seriously underestimating by calling him a second rate cap fighter...

think of the damage a vibe shield can do with and arm of a ten tonner behind it"
Only adamantium  and high energy weapons have been able to hurt Cage. a vibranium shield is good for defense, but to someone like Cage (as shown when he tried to use it on Sasquatch), it wouldn't do much. Even with his 10 ton strength. Cage took several blows from the Wrecker  (who is at 100 tons, I think) and that crowbar of his that has been matched to Thor's hammer.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Alpha said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"joint dislocation, chokes, he also has super strength and actual fighting ability above cage he was trained to be captain americas replacement which cap help train... with a vibe shield he can still do some damage"
Cage has taken down heavy weights like Mr Hyde and the Wrecker. I can't see a 10 ton lifter being able to beat him, even with his second rate Cap skills.  He wasn't doing that great against the Wrecking Crew and they are much weaker than the Wrecker."
1.Daredevil beat the whole Wrecking Crew including the Wrecker and he's not even classed.
2.Daredevil also almost made Mr.Hyde cry and Captain America completely destroyed Hyde.Neither of them are classed.
3.Cage weighs less than a ton and has been shown to be hurt badly by being throw into things
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LordCosmicKing

the wrecker is not 100 tonner i believe his bio has him listed as a 40 tonner.... i could be wrong

StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
Cage has taken down heavy weights like Mr Hyde and the Wrecker. I can't see a 10 ton lifter being able to beat him, even with his second rate Cap skills.  He wasn't doing that great against the Wrecking Crew and they are much weaker than the Wrecker."
1.Daredevil beat the whole Wrecking Crew including the Wrecker and he's not even classed.
2.Daredevil also almost made Mr.Hyde cry and Captain America completely destroyed Hyde.Neither of them are classed.
3.Cage weighs less than a ton and has been shown to be hurt badly by being throw into things
"
If DD beat the WC, it was a early comic around the time that Iron Fist did it. Since then, they have gotten strong enough to beat Herc to near death once. And USAgent did have a hard time with them. So your DD ref that didn't help him.

But you are right about Hyde. For a 50 tonner, he sure does get beat by weaklings.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LordCosmicKing

what makes the wrecker dangerous is his crowbar

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
StrongestOneThereIs said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"
If DD beat the WC, it was a early comic around the time that Iron Fist did it. Since then, they have gotten strong enough to beat Herc to near death once. And USAgent did have a hard time with them. So your DD ref that didn't help him.

But you are right about Hyde. For a 50 tonner, he sure does get beat by weaklings."
No..Daredevil just recently beat the Wrecking Crew.
The Wrecking Crew beating Herc near death is PIS
U.S Agent having a hard time with them when Daredevil,Iron Fist,& Cap didn't would also be PIS.
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vance Astro said:
"StrongestOneThereIs said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"

But you are right about Hyde. For a 50 tonner, he sure does get beat by weaklings."
No..Daredevil just recently beat the Wrecking Crew.
The Wrecking Crew beating Herc near death is PIS
U.S Agent having a hard time with them when Daredevil,Iron Fist,& Cap didn't would also be PIS.
"
U may be right there. So since my position was based on them, u kicked me off my hill.

REVENGE!
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By The_Scourge
US Agent
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man was beating Cage around.
U.S. Agent is just as strong as Spider-Man... And much more skilled.

Magicalmoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Magicalmoment

wrecker can only lift 40tons,not 100tons and they needed goliath and mr hyde combined to beat hercules to near death,not the wrecking crew only,strongest one there is

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hadrelius
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Spider-Man was beating Cage around.
U.S. Agent is just as strong as Spider-Man... And much more skilled."

That was a weaker and less durable Cage and Spiderman didn't beat him.
Magicalmoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Magicalmoment

at that time,spiderman was 10tons and luke cage was ten tons,now,luke can lift 25tons now

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hadrelius
Magicalmoment said:
"at that time,spiderman was 10tons and luke cage was ten tons,now,luke can lift 25tons now"

And Spiderman didn't beat him.
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, he didn't "beat" Cage, but he had control over him the whole fight.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By King_Saturn
US Agent would handle Luke Cage
mira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mira

I agree with Alpha.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By the creator

This is an interesting battle and a lot closer than most people credit it to be.

Cage
Strength: Can lift 25 tonnes.
Endurance: Capable of fighting for a couple of hours before beginnning to tire.
Reaction Time and Agility: Athelete level for both. Has shown some acrobatic skill in the past.
Durability: Superhuman. Has taken blows from beings stronger than him without serious injury. His skin, described as steel or titanium hard, can still be cut by materials harder than his skin (which is not limited to adamantium but would include certain super alloys and vibranium) when backed by sufficient force. His skin is less durable to energy attacks and as such he can still be cut by an overpowrered surgical laser. 
Intelligence: Above average.
Fighting Skill: Highly skilled fighter, employing mostly streetfighting techniques but has been tutired in some martial arts.
Weapons / Others: None

US Agent
Strength: Can lift approx 10 tonnes.
Endurance: Capable of fighting for a couple of hours before beginnning to tire.
Reaction Time and Agility: Peak human level for both. Extremely talented at acrobatics - developed as part of his Capt America training
Durability: Enhanced human. Has taken blows from beings as strong as himself without major injury. However this enhanced durability does not extend to edged or projectile attacks.
Intelligence: Average.
Fighting Skill: Extremely highly skilled fighter. Taught to emulate the fighting style of Capt America. Therefore he is conversant in Judo, Boxing and Wrestling styles and their blending to an almost unique individual style (that of Capt America).
Weapons / Others: Weras a chainmail and kevlar uniform that enhances his durability. Additionally uses a vibranium shield to parry attacks (with it absorbing vast amounts of kinectic energy), to offer improved hand to hand damage (blunt attacks and use of the shields edge) and ranged attack options (thrown shield) that don't need to fired directly from US Agent (bouncing it off other objects).

Even though Cage's internal organs are not as durable as his skin, he has taken body blows from beings a lot stronger than him without any major damage.
Although US Agent is the better fighter, Cage's ability is not easily dimissible.
Should Cage get his hands on US Agent or manage to grab his shield then this fight could quickly turn against US Agent as Cage then has more advatages. I think Cage is smart enough to try and catch the shield should it be thrown at him, even if it means taking a hit to rob US Agent of this weapon.
US Agent has also not always been shown in the best light considering his abilities and skills but he can be short tempered and reckless.

Overall, I would say the the fight could go either way but for as much a reason as I like him more, I am going to back Cage for the win.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Logic Mark III

US Agent should win. His strength combined with his masterful combat skills and the Vibranium shield should mean he can exploit pressure points on Cage with ease. Furthermore, the list above said he is vulnerable to strong metals weilded with sufficeint force...vibranium being one of them....10 tons of pressure on one point with the Vibranium sheild should be able to deal a lot of damage....in the same way Spiderman was able to knock out the Rhino, stupid as it was.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By the creator
Logic Mark III said:

US Agent should win. His strength combined with his masterful combat skills and the Vibranium shield should mean he can exploit pressure points on Cage with ease. Furthermore, the list above said he is vulnerable to strong metals weilded with sufficeint force...vibranium being one of them....10 tons of pressure on one point with the Vibranium sheild should be able to deal a lot of damage....in the same way Spiderman was able to knock out the Rhino, stupid as it was.

Cage has been fighting ninjas and other martial arts fighters for some time now, usually helping out Iron Fist.
Although he should be susceptible to pressure point attacks, he has not fallen prey to them despite all these encounters.
I am not saying that US Agent's super strength would not help but Cage is wise to this type of attack having spent so long fighting alongside and against exceptional martial artists.

To my knowldge the edge of the vibranium shield is blunt. Even backed by super strength, I don't see it doing inflicting more damage than blows from stronger opponents Cage has faced. Although the Wreckers bar is wider and has a bigger surface area than the shield edge, the Wrecker is 4x stronger than USAgent and Cage, although he was knocked down, took the blows from the Wrecker without serious injury.
Like I said, Cage knows that the shield is the big advantage for US Agent and he will be looking to neutralise that at the earliest opportunity.