This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Mantid (4632 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage vs The Thing.

#2 Posted by zee crusher (9067 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing easy.

#3 Posted by Valkaad (2701 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't even a fight!! Luke Cages is a badass, but he isn't even in the THings league. This is a curbstomp!!

#4 Posted by Eternal Chaos (23185 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing is way too powerful.

#5 Posted by Ice Skull (76 posts) - - Show Bio

this fight sucks.everybody knows the thing will win

Avatar image for the_iron_cavalier
#6 Posted by The Iron Cavalier (257 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree.

Luke Cage for the win.

#7 Posted by Eternal Chaos (23185 posts) - - Show Bio

The Iron Cavalier says:

"I disagree. Luke Cage for the win."

What makes you say that?

Avatar image for the_iron_cavalier
#8 Posted by The Iron Cavalier (257 posts) - - Show Bio

IMHO, Luke Cage's bare hands could easily shatter rock. which is what it would take to defeat thing.

#9 Posted by _Evo_ (36 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing all the way. His strength surpasses class 100 which totally dominates Luke Cage's durability.

#10 Posted by Valkaad (2701 posts) - - Show Bio

The Iron Cavalier says:

"IMHO, Luke Cage's bare hands could easily shatter rock. which is what it would take to defeat thing."

If wonderman, who's skin and hands are tougher than Lukes AND is lots physically stronger than luke, can't shatter things rock, what makes you think Cage can?

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
#11 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7554 posts) - - Show Bio

it depends on who is smarter

#12 Posted by Valkaad (2701 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"it depends on who is smarter"

?? smarter ??

#13 Posted by Li'l T-bo (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea it's not like the Thing is just a regular pile of rocks.

#14 Posted by Valkaad (2701 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if Cage is smarter, and the Thing was a pilot meaning he isn't stupid, there is such a HUGE difference in power levels that it doesn't matter at all!

#15 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Cage at like 25-30 tons while Thing is around 75-90(I am not sure, but I know its in that area). That is a huge difference.

#16 Posted by Li'l T-bo (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing is in Class 100, which mean he can lift (press) over 100 tons. Is it military press or just press? Either way he's in a whole different ballpark from Cage.

#17 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he 100? I didn't think he ever made it that high.

#18 Posted by Valkaad (2701 posts) - - Show Bio

Li'l T-bo says:

"Thing is in Class 100, which mean he can lift (press) over 100 tons. Is it military press or just press? Either way he's in a whole different ballpark from Cage."

It is a military press (press overhead), a lot of people seem to think its a bench press, but they stated in one of the OHOTHMU that it is an overhead press.

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
#19 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7554 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"spiderman0409 says:
?? smarter ?? "

cage has almost the exact same stenght as thing and his skin is like solid rock

#20 Posted by Rotten gun (2577 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"Valkaad says:
"spiderman0409 says:
?? smarter ?? "
cage has almost the exact same stenght as thing and his skin is like solid rock "

no, cage's limit is 25 tonnes, thing's is far greater

#21 Posted by the creator (8562 posts) - - Show Bio

Cage can lift approx 25 tonnes while the Thing can lift around the 100 tonne limit.

The Thing is more durable - harder to hurt. Although his skin looks like rock, it's not it's more like a densified, hardened, thick skin layer, in that it can flex and move - not like rock that would simply crack.

Cage is more agile and quicker, while both are street smart fighters.

The Thing does have greater endurance however.

As for intelligence, I think that Cage might just edge out the Thing.

But when alls said and done, the Thing wins.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#22 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19546 posts) - - Show Bio

Cage would talk about Thing's momma and then get wrecked.

#23 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"Valkaad says:
"spiderman0409 says:
?? smarter ?? "
cage has almost the exact same stenght as thing and his skin is like solid rock "
Luke Cage is only about as strong as Spider-Man. His durability is far greater than Spidey's but strength wise they are about even and Thing is stronger than Spidey.
#24 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio

Wikipedia and MD are actually getting better now. They had Cage listed at 50 tons several months ago but now they both have him at the 25 tons that Marvel lists him at.

Oh and Cage would go down hard.

#25 Posted by Iori Yagami (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Unbreakable skin doesn't matter when one punch from your opponent can liquify your innards. Cage would be crushed.

#26 Posted by _Evo_ (36 posts) - - Show Bio

For example, has Cage ever been able to last even half as long against the Hulk as Thing has?

#27 Posted by Eternal Chaos (23185 posts) - - Show Bio

Iori Yagami says:

"Unbreakable skin doesn't matter when one punch from your opponent can liquify your innards. Cage would be crushed."

Owned.

#28 Posted by acewasp23 (6184 posts) - - Show Bio

Iori Yagami says:

"Unbreakable skin doesn't matter when one punch from your opponent can liquify your innards. Cage would be crushed."
yeah i guess you guys are right cage would just stand there and let the thing hit him after all. its not like there fighting or using there other skills as a fighter to try and win. because thats what it takes to win a fight is strength alone. i'm not saying cage can win hell i know the thing can take him but you guys are putting it like there just going to stand there and hit each other.
Post Edited:2007-07-19 22:08:57
#29 Posted by Valkaad (2701 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Iori Yagami says:
yeah i guess you guys are right cage would just stand there and let the thing hit him after all. its not like there fighting or using there other skills as a fighter to try and win. because thats what it takes to win a fight is strength alone. i'm not saying cage can win hell i know the thing can take him but you guys are putting it like there just going to stand there and hit each other.
Post Edited:2007-07-19 22:08:57"
I agree that strength alone doesn't win fights, but when the difference in strength is as great as it is between Cage and Thing it's all that matters. I also Think that with all of his military training and experience THing is at least as good of a fighter as Cage. The last marvel universe I have (it's old) has Cage at 3 tons and the the thing at 85 thats 28 times stronger. From what people have said on the vine cage is now at 25 tons and Thing is class 100. Class 100 is able to routinely lift over 100 tons, so lets give the thing 110. That means he is 4.4 times stronger. To equate that to normal terms. You've got a 20 year old guy that is a black belt in karate and can press 100 pounds overhead, you've got another 20 year old black belt in karate that can lift 440 pounds over his head. The guy that lifts 440 is so much stronger than the other guy, That it's really not even a fair fight! The 100 pound lifting guy would get manhandled and embarassed!
Post Edited:2007-07-20 01:04:22
#30 Posted by Valkaad (2701 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

" As for intelligence, I think that Cage might just edge out the Thing. "

Why does Cage edge out the Thing? The thing was a pilot in the airforce, meaning he had to get through all of the aeronautics classes, Thing is no dummy!!

#31 Posted by acewasp23 (6184 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"acewasp23 says:
"Iori Yagami says:
I agree that strength alone doesn't win fights, but when the difference in strength is as great as it is between Cage and Thing it's all that matters. I also Think that with all of his military training and experience THing is at least as good of a fighter as Cage. The last marvel universe I have (it's old) has Cage at 3 tons and the the thing at 85 thats 28 times stronger. From what people have said on the vine cage is now at 25 tons and Thing is class 100. Class 100 is able to routinely lift over 100 tons, so lets give the thing 110. That means he is 4.4 times stronger. To equate that to normal terms. You've got a 20 year old guy that is a black belt in karate and can press 100 pounds overhead, you've got another 20 year old black belt in karate that can lift 440 pounds over his head. The guy that lifts 440 is so much stronger than the other guy, That it's really not even a fair fight! The 100 pound lifting guy would get manhandled and embarassed!
Post Edited:2007-07-20 01:04:22"

where does it say that the thing is at a class 100? because every where i look it says he is a class 90 to 95 the only time i see him move/press or do any thing thats 100+ is when he has hlp from others or when he was mutated even futher by the cosmic rays. like i said the THING WOULD HAVE THE FIGHT but every post on here makes it out to be a one hit fight.

#32 Posted by acewasp23 (6184 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Iori Yagami says:
Owned."

lot like this post

#33 Posted by the creator (8562 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"The_Creator says:
Why does Cage edge out the Thing? The thing was a pilot in the airforce, meaning he had to get through all of the aeronautics classes, Thing is no dummy!! "

You need to do some background reading with later handbooks and commentries on Cage.

He knows several languages and although he never attended University, he is considered to be highly intelligent.

I know that the Thing is quite bright as well - he would have to be to be a pilot, but again the Thing has a street smart intelligence to him. Both are above average intelligence but as I said from all the variuos profiles I have read over time, im my opinion Cage is slightly smarter.

#34 Posted by Valkaad (2701 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Valkaad says:
"The_Creator says:
Why does Cage edge out the Thing? The thing was a pilot in the airforce, meaning he had to get through all of the aeronautics classes, Thing is no dummy!! "
You need to do some background reading with later handbooks and commentries on Cage. He knows several languages and although he never attended University, he is considered to be highly intelligent. I know that the Thing is quite bright as well - he would have to be to be a pilot, but again the Thing has a street smart intelligence to him. Both are above average intelligence but as I said from all the variuos profiles I have read over time, im my opinion Cage is slightly smarter. "

I never said Cage was dumb, I just didn't know why you thought he would edge out the thing.

#35 Posted by Valkaad (2701 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Valkaad says:
"acewasp23 says:
"Iori Yagami says:
where does it say that the thing is at a class 100? because every where i look it says he is a class 90 to 95 the only time i see him move/press or do any thing thats 100+ is when he has hlp from others or when he was mutated even futher by the cosmic rays. like i said the THING WOULD HAVE THE FIGHT but every post on here makes it out to be a one hit fight. "

OK lets say he has 90 tons he is still 3.6 times stronger than Cage! My scenario again, two guys same fighting level one can lift 100lbs and the other guy can lift 360lbs do you think the 100 pound lifting guy would really even be in the fight? Even if you use the bench press (which is an easier lift), my 13 year old brother can bench press 100 pounds do you think, even if he were trained to fight, he would last 5 seconds with a guy trained to fight who can bench 360lbs????? The answer to that would be NO!!

#36 Posted by acewasp23 (6184 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"acewasp23 says:
"Valkaad says:
"acewasp23 says:
"Iori Yagami says:
where does it say that the thing is at a class 100? because every where i look it says he is a class 90 to 95 the only time i see him move/press or do any thing thats 100+ is when he has hlp from others or when he was mutated even futher by the cosmic rays. like i said the THING WOULD HAVE THE FIGHT but every post on here makes it out to be a one hit fight. "
OK lets say he has 90 tons he is still 3.6 times stronger than Cage! My scenario again, two guys same fighting level one can lift 100lbs and the other guy can lift 360lbs do you think the 100 pound lifting guy would really even be in the fight? Even if you use the bench press (which is an easier lift), my 13 year old brother can bench press 100 pounds do you think, even if he were trained to fight, he would last 5 seconds with a guy trained to fight who can bench 360lbs????? The answer to that would be NO!! "
yeah and what if the guy that was a lot smaller was faster? but i guess that speed has nothing to do with fighting.
Post Edited:2007-07-20 14:10:26
#37 Posted by Vrakmul (23829 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the thing has broken titanium before. If he has then Luke cage has even less of a chance of winning. Well not that he had much of a chance anyway.

#38 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"yeah and what if the guy that was a lot smaller was a lot faster? but i guess that speed has nothing to do with fighting."

Is Cage much faster than Thing?

#39 Posted by BlackPanther (551 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"acewasp23 says:
"yeah and what if the guy that was a lot smaller was a lot faster? but i guess that speed has nothing to do with fighting."
Is Cage much faster than Thing?"

Yes

#40 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio

BlackPanther says:

"Forever says:
"acewasp23 says:
Yes"

He may be quicker but I dont think it would be by that much. Thing is known for being considerably quicker than he appears to be, quicker than most Marvel bricks, so I dont think it would be like Cage was dancing around him. Thing should certainly be able to hit Cage and each hit would take its toll.

#41 Posted by Rotten gun (2577 posts) - - Show Bio

who is more durable? thing or cage and by how much?

#42 Posted by Valkaad (2701 posts) - - Show Bio

BlackPanther says:

"Forever says:
"acewasp23 says:
Yes"

The thing's still has his test pilot reflexes. His transformation didn't impair his quickness or reflexes at all, and to be a test pilot you have to have Way above average reflexes!! Cage's reflexes are above average, but not superhuman, so AGAIN Thing has equal to if not better reflexes than cage! So for hopefully the final rundown. The Thing is just as good of a fighter, just as quick as Cage, has better endurance, is physically tougher, and is AT LEAST 3.6 times stronger! Cage is a BMF, but he is just not in the Thing's "weight class". The Thing goes toe to toe with the Big Boys : Hulk, Juggernaut, Submariner. To be honest I'm not sure if Cage could even handle Doc Samson, much less the Thing

Avatar image for captain_of_11th_squad
#43 Posted by Captain of 11th Squad (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing...For all the numerous reasons already stated that I won't repeat.

#44 Posted by Boken (7784 posts) - - Show Bio

thing

#45 Posted by pulamea (253 posts) - - Show Bio

cage is not fast enough

Avatar image for deathdefyingdevil
#46 Posted by DeathDefyingDevil (796 posts) - - Show Bio

DRAW!!!!!

#47 Posted by jojjimbo (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing wins, hes too much for Luke.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
#48 Posted by New_World_Order (14895 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing stomps.