• 171 results
#1 Edited by Blade_R (6470 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Current Luffy
  • Shippuden Might Guy
  • Manga & Anime feats allowed
  • No prep or previous knowledge of each other
  • Guy can use the 8 gates technique but the limitations and consequences of using them still apply
  • In character
  • Indestructible battlefield
  • Start 100 feet
  • K.O or Death for the win
Fight here
Fight here

#2 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy. Stronger, more durable, more versatile, greater endurance and he's virtually immune to Gai's attacks.

#3 Posted by Milliardo (928 posts) - - Show Bio

OP, Mind telling me how Gai plans on hurting Logia Luffy?

#4 Posted by Jimmy_Rustler (3125 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy wins.

#5 Posted by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy.

#6 Edited by Blade_R (6470 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't even know what that is tbh lol im behind on both series, but people on another site were debating it so I thought id see what people here thought since this site has some very good debaters.

#7 Posted by A1l_S2a3m4E5N (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

Night moth.

Insta melts luffy.

#8 Posted by Milliardo (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@blade_r said:

@milliardo said:

Don't even know what that is tbh lol im behind on both series, but people on another site were debating it so I thought id see what people here thought since this site has some very good debaters.

Basically, Punches and kicks aren't gonna work against luffy. He is made of rubber.

#9 Edited by Blade_R (6470 posts) - - Show Bio

@milliardo:

Yeah I know that he's a rubberman and that blunt force isn't very effective against him, I was talking about the Logia thing.

#10 Posted by itzxsloth345 (756 posts) - - Show Bio

@blade_r: Thats what hes talking about, logia luffy = rubber = no blunt damage

#11 Edited by Doom_Phd (1540 posts) - - Show Bio

No blunt force is going to work on him you say? I bet you a punch from superman would lmao get that no limit fallacy outta here.

Anyway evening elephant and gg no re

#12 Posted by A1l_S2a3m4E5N (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

@itzxsloth345:

Yes, but night moth is no mere blunt attack. The spd and force of impact behind it is relativistic due to spd. And it melted madaras body (maybe it has heat attatched).

#13 Edited by itzxsloth345 (756 posts) - - Show Bio

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n: Oh I know, I personally think guy would win this fight. Was just answerin that mans questions.

#14 Edited by Blade_R (6470 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by roronuffy (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

@milliardo: @itzxsloth345: @blade_r: Luffy is not a Logia. In One Piece a logia is a person who can become and emit an element like ice or fire, they cannot be hit by any type of attack that lacks haki because they're body just turns into that element and reforms. Luffy is a Paramecia type, which covers a vast array of powers but they usually can be hit by all types of attacks. Luffy's is special because the nature of rubber makes him immune to blunt force but he still can be hurt by swords and energy attacks. There is also a third type of power called Zoan which allows a user to transform into a living creature like a dog or dinosaur. Logia, Paramecia, and Zoan are the three classifications of powers granted to someone who eats a devil fruit.

#16 Posted by itzxsloth345 (756 posts) - - Show Bio

@roronuffy: Yeah I know. But his fruit has logia type characteristics. He has his own type of logia intangibility.

#17 Posted by roronuffy (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

@itzxsloth345: I think if guy was fighting him he'd realize and pull out his Kunai. Luffy's intangibility won't be much of a factor here. And if he goes to 7 gates with kunai then it's going to be a difficult fight for both characters. At 8 Gates Guy probably wins but he wouldn't do that with nothing to protect.

#18 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, he doesn't have to. Logia luffy is non existent.

#19 Posted by Milliardo (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@milliardo said:

???

#20 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

@milliardo said:

???

Luffy is not a logia to begin with. He's a paramecia type.

#21 Posted by Milliardo (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@milliardo said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@milliardo said:

???

yea you know what i meant

#22 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

@milliardo said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@milliardo said:

???

If you're talking about the supposed immunity to punches and kicks, afternoon tiger is the answer.

#23 Posted by Milliardo (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@milliardo said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@milliardo said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@milliardo said:

???

If you're talking about the supposed immunity to punches and kicks, afternoon tiger is the answer.

He isn't using that off the gate in character.

#24 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

He isn't using that off the gate in character.

Doesn't have much of a choice..

#25 Posted by MudaMudaMuda (5354 posts) - - Show Bio

Morning peacock would fry Luffy.

#26 Posted by Blade_R (6470 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: @roronuffy Yeah I was about to say that because I looked up Logia on the One Piece Wiki (Not 100% reliable I know) and Luffy was not listed under the list of people who are Logia users.

#27 Edited by SonDeathEater (1164 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for comicvinepoozer1
#28 Posted by comicvinepoozer1 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll take toss up. With both characters having a chance of winning. Luffy blunt force durability combined with armament Haki=a bad mofo. But Gai and them gates bruh. I don't know

#29 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:

@princearagorn1: Are going with Gai?

Since the war arc he has been opening gates with much less restraint, so yes.

Though if it is EoS he is in a wheelchair.. so no.

#33 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Ah ok, I'll assume it's physically capable Gai. Gai's physical attacks won't effect Luffy, if he decides to use afternoon tiger or other techniques it may be too late. Luffy's advatages are his strength, endurance, durability. He should be able to take a majority. I'd say his precog offers him some protection from Gai's speed. And who's to say he'll open all 8 gates since he knows it'll kill him.

If Luffy gets his hands on him he could just crush him right?

#34 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:

@princearagorn1: Ah ok, I'll assume it's physically capable Gai. Gai's physical attacks won't effect Luffy, if he decides to use afternoon tiger or other techniques it may be too late. Luffy's advatages are his strength, endurance, durability. He should be able to take a majority. I'd say his precog offers him some protection from Gai's speed. And who's to say he'll open all 8 gates since he knows it'll kill him.

If Luffy gets his hands on him he could just crush him right?

Taijutsu techniques are pretty much the counter for precog, lee demonstrated it quite well to sasuke. Gai has two advantages that matter, speed, and striking strength.

Why would he need to open eight gates? Afternoon tiger is a gate 7 technique.

#35 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Wait, striking strength? I'd have thought Luffy has that advantage, what are Gai's striking feats?

#36 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:

@princearagorn1: Wait, striking strength? I'd have thought Luffy has that advantage, what are Gai's striking feats?

Afternoon tiger is basically the shockwave of his fastest punch in seventh gate (The turtle island is in background if you want to compare the size) of that radius - it's still exanding btw.

#37 Posted by KingH (1339 posts) - - Show Bio

Gear second Luffy massively out class guy in speed until he is at the eighth gate.

#38 Posted by Pierpat (5854 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingh said:

Gear second Luffy massively out class guy in speed until he is at the eighth gate.

Do we have an actual feat for this or are we going with assumptions?

I ain't defending Guy here, i too believe that luffy is faster(up to sixth gate and not eight like you, but the thing still stands), i just can't think of a way to proof it here on a debate board.

We know he was supersonic as early as early PTS, and we know he has got a whole lot faster, and that gear second is an ulterior buff, but how do we pinpoint his speed range guys?

Guy is more than supersonic too....

Anyway, luffy could win this.

If he fights smart and goes for a fast win....that ain't what luffy will do.

When luffy hears that guy has multiple gates, as in multiple power ups, He won't try to finish guy, it would be perfectly in character for luffy to give guy the chance to go at full power.

And if lucci's shockwaves could hurt luffy, and enel's heat could too, i don't see how guy's last gates techniques ain't going to hurt him.

I could still see luffy winning thanks to the massive durability advantage(even when you do bypass the blunt force immunity luffy has a crazy damage soak), but guy may be too much if he reaches the last gates.

And if he needs to he'll use the eight, and then they are both dead if a random naruto does not show up.

#39 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: That's impressive, but Luffy shrugged off an island splitting punch all the way in the Thriller Bark.

#40 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:

@princearagorn1: That's impressive, but Luffy shrugged off an island splitting punch all the way in the Thriller Bark.

There's a vast difference between splitting an island and causing a shockwave bigger than one, which is capable of crumbling stone without even actually contacting it.

#41 Edited by KingH (1339 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat: Here is why I say luffy vastl outclasses guy in speed : Luffy speed blitzed the shit out of blueno. What's the signifance of this you might say? The cp9 was given very specific doriki power levels. Doriki is literally the "physical power" of someone. Khalifa with only the doriki of 630 could easily react to lightning. Blueno, with the doriki of 820, it's very safe to assume he could replicate the same feat easily. But gear second luffy blitzed blueno so bad to the point where he couldn't even see luffy. This is where all of luffys massively hypersonic calcs come from.

Edit: Plus luffy as seen this arc, dodged attacks from doflamingo. A person who's combat speed is fast enough to cut meteorites to pieces in practically point blank range. (Easily another massively hypersonic feat)

Double edit: Liffy easily out paced a explosion, how're ever fast that is.

Triple edit: Tanking morias punch is almost mor eimpressive than afternoon tiger.

#42 Posted by Pirateking (619 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy, blunt force won't do anything

#43 Edited by TheMagicStik (2552 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Luffy but just because I think anything above 6 gates is out of character for a fight like this.

#44 Edited by Pierpat (5854 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingh said:

@pierpat: Here is why I say luffy vastl outclasses guy in speed : Luffy speed blitzed the shit out of blueno. What's the signifance of this you might say? The cp9 was given very specific doriki power levels. Doriki is literally the "physical power" of someone. Khalifa with only the doriki of 630 could easily react to lightning. Blueno, with the doriki of 820, it's very safe to assume he could replicate the same feat easily. But gear second luffy blitzed blueno so bad to the point where he couldn't even see luffy. This is where all of luffys massively hypersonic calcs come from.

Edit: Plus luffy as seen this arc, dodged attacks from doflamingo. A person who's combat speed is fast enough to cut meteorites to pieces in practically point blank range. (Easily another massively hypersonic feat)

Double edit: Liffy easily out paced a explosion, how're ever fast that is.

Triple edit: Tanking morias punch is almost mor eimpressive than afternoon tiger.

Moria's punches had less of a shockwave than the afternoon tiger.

When did khalifa react to lighting?

We have no proof that Issho's meteorites have the same speed as normal meteorites, and donfla did not cut them at point blank range, he had quite a bit of time.

Witch explosion are we talking of?

Hate sounding hypercritic, just want to be sure they are valid feats.

#45 Posted by KingH (1339 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat: AfterNoon tiger is a beast move but I think it's a little overhyped.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

During water 7

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Why wouldn't they be? Explain? Doffy was pretty close before he retaliated, couldn't have been more than 6 Meters.

#46 Posted by RubenJoseph (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I think guy would win cause his last attack in eight gates bends space itself.

#47 Edited by XioKenji (3372 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy isn't winning vs someone who resists blunt damage for a living.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#49 Posted by HeirToTheKingdom (9201 posts) - - Show Bio

I think guy would win cause his last attack in eight gates bends space itself.

May be true, but would he last long enough to make it to 8 gates. Also would he really enter his eight gate as he's only even done it once in Naruto.

#50 Posted by Sy8000 (35219 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy tries blocking Luffy's blows and gets his arms broken. I think he loses.