• 143 results
#1 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Battle in New York harbor.

Current Luffy can only go Gear 2.

Tatsumaki has Web Comic and Manga feats.

#2 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by iUseMyCajonas (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Take your pick.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
#4 Posted by JustSomeRandomKid (5153 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy doesn't blitz and one shot for what reason?

#5 Posted by iUseMyCajonas (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy doesn't blitz and one shot for what reason?

Same reason the bullets didn't blitz and one shot the destroyed city.

#6 Posted by Fabricolage (1970 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with Tatsumaki on this one. If she could bring down a meteor on a monster from space, then she could send Luffy out into space or into the sun on a casual day.

#7 Posted by Full123 (4506 posts) - - Show Bio

@iusemycajonas: Bullets are nowhere near the speed of Gear 2 Luffy. Since Tatsumaki has no durability showings, Luffy one-shots her.

#9 Edited by juiceboks (24886 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy punches her head off before she can think.

#10 Posted by Full123 (4506 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Doesn't need fan calcs lol. Unless you can show me those bullets going faster than Mach 5, Luffy still blitz and one shots.

#11 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

@full123 said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Doesn't need fan calcs lol. Unless you can show me those bullets going faster than Mach 5, Luffy still blitz and one shots.

Dont mind me. I am just going to sit here and eat my popcorn over the nonsense about to ensure of Manga fan speed debates. I love this shit!

No Caption Provided

#12 Edited by Full123 (4506 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: So basically, you have no real arguments and are only repeatedly tagging us to annoy us? Good to know.

#13 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@full123 said:

@sirfizzwhizz: So basically, you have no real arguments and are only repeatedly tagging us to annoy us? Good to know.

I have no arguments, Im not debating either side herpy derp lmao.

#14 Posted by Full123 (4506 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Tatsumaki vs Luffy in speed is not a debate.... One has speed feats, the other doesn't. It's pretty simple actually.

#15 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@full123 said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Tatsumaki vs Luffy in speed is not a debate.... One has speed feats, the other doesn't. It's pretty simple actually.

Stopping city wrecking bullets fire at point blank range after they are fired is slower than Luffy vague speed calcs feats. Sure. Again i dont give two shits when I know Luffy has no stated speed, only fan speed calcs or fan opinions.

Thus why its fun to watch fans of any manga justify why there character blitzes when all are really slower than Superman, no wait, Superboy with the shits lol.

Carry on.

#16 Edited by iUseMyCajonas (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

@full123 said:

Grossly underestimating the amount of damage that they caused to the city, and overestimating their size.

"Saitama = 276 pixels

Hall Width = 1460 pixels

Hall Width/Saitama = 5.29

Saitama = 1.75 meters (Official Height)

Hall Width = 9.258 meters

No Caption Provided

Read starting here if you need to really check where I'm measuring is where Saitama's actually standing.

Hall Width = 2 pixels

Ship Portion Length = 1720 pixels

Ship Portion Length/Hall Width = 860

Ship Portion Length = 7,961.88 meters

No Caption Provided

Ship Portion Length = 768 pixels

Side Portion Length = 625 pixels

Height Above Ground = 155 pixels

Side Portion Length/Ship Portion Length = 0.814

Height Above Ground/Ship Portion Length = 0.202

Side Portion Length = 6,480.97 meters

Height Above Ground = 1,608.3 meters

No Caption Provided

Story Height = 2 pixels (the rightmost building that's still being reflected off the Hero Association Building's exterior)

Hero Association = 268 pixels

Hero Association = 134

Story Height = 3 meters

Hero Association = 402 meters

Do I need to really mention that... you release a databook and yet you still end up requiring I scale this ship and building? You gave just about anything else of relevance a size, why not these to save me a headache Murata/ONE?

Saitama ends up jumping to the Ship from the Building, so...

Height Saitama Traveled = 1608.3 - 402 = 1206.3 meters

Now the horizontal Distance via comparison

Image from Manga

Google Earth

Side Portion Length = 1312 pixels

Total Panel Length = 1720 pixels

Total Panel Length/Side Portion Length = 1.311

Total Panel Length = 8,496.552 meters

Horizontal Distance Away from Ship = ~7,430 meters

And because reaching the ship is at the top of his parabolic arc, the distance he would travel is thus only half fulfilled

Total Horizontal Range for Saitama = ~14,860 meters

Parabolic motion calculator

Speed of Saitama = 497.88 m/s

Good thing he can't fly, or this speed feat wouldn't be something I can quantify

First Bullet Dimensions

No Caption Provided

Straight from the Tankobon, a redrawing of the original version

Guess Murata wanted the shells to look bigger for the final release?

Saitama = 150 pixels

Bullet Diameter = 1187 pixels

Bullet Diameter/Saitama = 7.913

Saitama = 1.75 meters

Bullet Diameter = 13.848 meters

No Caption Provided

Bullet Diameter = 58 pixels

Bullet Height = 81 pixels

Bullet Height/Bullet Diameter = 1.397

Bullet Height = 19.346 meters

Volume = (2/3)PIr1^2r2

r1 = Bullet Diameter/2

r2 = Bullet Height

Bullet Volume = 1,942.513 m^3

Lead Density = 11,340 kg/m^3 (well... they ARE bullets, but eh, I'm just taking a stab in the dark)

Bullet Mass = 22,028,097.42 kilograms

Now, we first see the bullet get shot at him here. He dodges mid air while moving forward... despite lacking flight? The bullet flies so far away from him that, despite being a fairly large object in an empty sky, we can't see it on panel any longer.

That bit? Going to be what I get the bullet's travel distance from

With comparisons~

Object of similar size to bullet (being a road width in this case)

High altitude yet road is still pretty sharp and discernible looking

Digital Release Tankobon scan with comparable image width to comparisons because that's what I've done before when comparing planet shots in the past.

Yes, this is lazy and hardly concrete, but I'm doing this mostly to illustrate we can still see objects of this size from kilometers away (think of how you can see planes/contrails in the sky even when they appear to be maximum altitude... likewise with you on a plane and seeing the road from similar)

Bullet Travel Distance = 12,380 meters

Ok, but how far does Saitama move?

In the continued spirit of being too lazy to angsize/relearn the process?

Let's establish he moved at all

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Notice I'm using his feet and those weird circular holes (possibly where the bullets fire from? Who knows, they don't really show us outside of glowing lights instead)

Well, why?

To establish the ratio between his foot and the hole decreases between the initial panel and the last panel.

Why's this important?

If the ratio is smaller in the last panel, this tells us Saitama has moved further away from us entirely without needing to use angular size and can even tell us how large his foot's final size would be in the initial panel once the ratio is established

Initial Foot Length = 118 pixels

Initial Hole Size = 49 pixels

Initial Foot/Hole = 2.408

Final Foot Length = 39 pixels

Final Hole Size = 20 pixels

Initial Foot/Hole = 1.95

Which tells us that yeah, Saitama did indeed move forward

What would the pixel count of the final foot size be in the initial panel though?

Initial Ratio/Final Ratio = 0.81

Final Foot Length in First Panel = 96 pixels

^For those that actually want to do angular size I guess

For me?

I'll just say 5 meters because I'm lazy and its actually probably hilariously low end.

Estimated Travel Distance = ~5 meters (probably much less, but I can't bother to do anything related to ang size atm)

Bullet Travel Time Frame = 5/497.88 = 0.01 seconds

Travel Distance = 12,380 meters

Bullet Speed = 1,238,000 m/s or mach 3,638

Also appears to apply to Tatsumaki's TK, reactions, anything about her speed (she outright counters it, she uses TK to basically do everything from attack to flying, etc).

Those under the bombardment like atomic samurai appear to react as they're closing in as well.

Now take the mass I got earlier and find a KE

KE = 0.5mv^2

Kinetic Energy of Bullet = 16,880,615,670,000,000,000 joules or 4.035 gigatons

I count at least 59 lights (bullets) on one side of the ship here. Double that for the other side of the ship. Hell, double that again given it appears the part of the ship pointing inward is also spotting lights (bullets too)

So

Number of Bullets per Salvo = 236

Tatsumaki's Telekinetic Power = 952.26 gigatons

Final Tally

Tatsumaki's Telekinetic Power = 952.26 gigatons

Boros' Spaceship Bullet Speed = 1,238,000 m/s "

Just gonna leave this here, lowball it 2500 machs, and then say that Tatsumaki is obviously going to be able to react to Luffy. All she needs to do is think and he's over. Equalize their speeds for the sake of the fact it's a calc. Still gonna stomp.

#17 Posted by Full123 (4506 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Yeah yeah, as if Tatsumaki's feat doesn't require speed calcs to gauge it. You clearly hate manga and anime, so why continue to make these threads about characters I know you have almost 0 knowledge of? Luffy still blitzes.

#18 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@full123 said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Yeah yeah, as if Tatsumaki's feat doesn't require speed calcs to gauge it. You clearly hate manga and anime, so why continue to make these threads about characters I know you have almost 0 knowledge of? Luffy still blitzes.

I learn what I can from them. Also since when do i hate Manga? I like DBZ/GT though DBS is garbage. I love Slayers, that shit rocked. I like Gundam shows like 08th MS Team, Stardust Memory, and Wing. I love Hellsing! I like Cowboy Beebop. Love my Outlaw Star. I love Yu Yu Hakusho. I love Seven Deadly Sins. I even kinda like Bleach.... kinda. I also liked Hunter X Hunter.... up until the 5th Season with the Chimera Ants. Shit got stupid.

Not sure where I "clearly" hate Manga and Anime. I do hate people with BS arguments of vague on speed feats characters blitzing other vague on speed feats. Hate that.

#19 Posted by batmanprep (1866 posts) - - Show Bio

She is higher rank than lightspeed flash. We all know he will be mach 300 in future chapters. She is not getting blitzed

#20 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

She is higher rank than lightspeed flash. We all know he will be mach 300 in future chapters. She is not getting blitzed

Is this a joke comment, or is Lightspeed Flash a real character?

#21 Posted by iUseMyCajonas (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanprep said:

he's a real character who i guess is calced mach 300.

#22 Edited by batmanprep (1866 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:
@batmanprep said:

Real. In original OPM, he moved couple tens of yards and hit his opponent 20 times in 0.0001 second 100% quantified on panel

#23 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy one-shots.

#24 Posted by cpt_nice (10040 posts) - - Show Bio

If those speed calcs are correct, she could even take on Fujitora

#25 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:
@batmanprep said:

Real. In original OPM, he moved couple tens of yards and hit his opponent 20 times in 0.0001 second 100% quantified on panel

I see, does she fight this lightspeed flash?

#26 Posted by Mee09 (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

How does Luffy even touch Tatsumaki? Have you guys even read the web comic or did you just watch the anime?

#28 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09 said:

How does Luffy even touch Tatsumaki? Have you guys even read the web comic or did you just watch the anime?

Likely watch the Anime like myself. Whats up with the Web Comic for speed feats? Please go into detail.

#29 Posted by LpnQ (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

tatsumaki stomps.

#30 Edited by Mee09 (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: I think Tatsumaki is much faster than every hero in the series other than Saitama himself. Most notably her reaction. Lightspeed Flash would have no chance against her. Luffy wouldn't even be able to get off a single punch and there is no way Luffy could resist being TK'd in place by her. Tatsumaki could literally do whatever she wanted to him and there is nothing Luffy could do about it. Literally her first showing in the anime should have made that clear enough when she pulled that gigantic meteorite all the way from out of orbit and fodderized that Godzilla rip off in about a couple seconds or so.

Tatsumaki is my least favorite hero in the series btw.

#31 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09 said:

@sirfizzwhizz: I think Tatsumaki is much faster than every hero in the series other than Saitama himself. Most notably her reaction. Lightspeed Flash would have no chance against her. Luffy wouldn't even be able to get off a single punch and there is no way Luffy could resist being TK'd in place by her. Tatsumaki could literally do whatever she wanted to him and there is nothing Luffy could do about it. Literally her first showing in the anime should have made that clear enough when she pulled that gigantic meteorite all the way from out of orbit and fodderized that Godzilla rip off in about a couple seconds or so.

Interesting, though I doubt fans like @juiceboks: @full123: @leo-343: would agree. Since Luffy blitzes her with a punch lol.

#32 Edited by Mee09 (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: I don't think they have read the web comic. So I guess posts like that are understandable. They have no idea what Tatsumaki can or cannot actually do. Because of Luffy's infamous boxing showing and him being limited to gear 2. I don't know if he could even take a majority against Metal Bat. If Luffy wasn't made out of rubber Metal Bat would probably kill him.

#33 Posted by rickyrck (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

Tatsumaki flicks him to space

#34 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

It could go either way but I'm leaning with Tatsumaki

#35 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said: @mee09 said: @sirfizzwhizz: I think Tatsumaki is much faster than every hero in the series other than Saitama himself. Most notably her reaction. Lightspeed Flash would have no chance against her. Luffy wouldn't even be able to get off a single punch and there is no way Luffy could resist being TK'd in place by her. Tatsumaki could literally do whatever she wanted to him and there is nothing Luffy could do about it. Literally her first showing in the anime should have made that clear enough when she pulled that gigantic meteorite all the way from out of orbit and fodderized that Godzilla rip off in about a couple seconds or so.

Interesting, though I doubt fans like @juiceboks: @full123: @leo-343: would agree. Since Luffy blitzes her with a punch lol.

They won't, because that's a bundle of misinformation.

1. Lightspeed flash's speed feats are entire leagues ahead of tatsumaki's. She is far more dangerous than he is, but not because of her speed - because of her tk.

2. Her tk can be literally resisted, garou and golden sperm both did - luffy has better strength feats than both of them put together.

3. Tatsumaki's fight with ancient king, or "godzilla rip off" was in episode 10, that is NOT her first showing, which would episode 6, and floating a bunch of cups and papers. lol. And that would be a foolish move, since luffy is more than capable of putting her down in those couple of seconds, specially considering her defenses are weakened when she's using her power on something else. Like a meteorite.

#36 Posted by ValarMelkor (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy oneshots.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36
#37 Posted by deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36 (2291 posts) - - Show Bio

Say Luffy's opponent wins, SFW doesn't bat an eye, say Luffy wins and suddenly you're getting questioned.

#38 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: How the hell you come to conclusion Golden Sperm and Garou combine are weaker than Luffy. The guys who gave OPM a fight. Really?! Thats a terrible claim.

#39 Edited by iUseMyCajonas (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

yh. luffy still loses.

#40 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: How the hell you come to conclusion Golden Sperm and Garou combine are weaker than Luffy. The guys who gave OPM a fight. Really?! Thats a terrible claim.

...Golden sperm never fought OPM and saitama absolutely toyed with garou - by his own admission.

That aside, I already said how. Luffy has far better strength feats than both of them put together. Garou, specifically is much faster than any luffy however.

#41 Edited by iUseMyCajonas (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Refer to post #3 to see how Luffy is getting destroyed in this thread. He can't even handle Fujitora.

#42 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: who did Golden Sperm fight then? I argued against him with Alucard way back and scans look like it was OPM, though admittedly the Web comic art is horrendous.

#43 Posted by Full123 (4506 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by azrael1973 (2966 posts) - - Show Bio

@mimisalome said:

Tatsumaki easily

Catching a meteor in space and let it crash on earth within seconds must be one of the best telekinetic feats i have ever seen. Don't know who in Marvel or DC below herald tier could do that. how is it even possible that she can sense or see the next asteroid?

#46 Posted by juiceboks (24886 posts) - - Show Bio

@azrael1973: Fujitora has done that several times already, and Magneto has grabbed larger objects from a ridiculously larger distance away.

#47 Posted by azrael1973 (2966 posts) - - Show Bio

@azrael1973: Fujitora has done that several times already, and Magneto has grabbed larger objects from a ridiculously larger distance away.

I said telekinetic feat. Neither of them has a telekinetic power.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
#48 Posted by deactivated-5a2b0053414c5 (8165 posts) - - Show Bio

The psychic loli

#49 Posted by iUseMyCajonas (4237 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by MrUnsmiley (2255 posts) - - Show Bio

Something tells me the people backing Luffy haven't read the OPM manga. Tatsumaki isn't getting blitzed, and if anything she wins via BFR pretty easily. Tatsumaki's TK is being vastly underrated by OP fans, this coming from someone who's current on both manga.