• 92 results
#1 Edited by ShadowPro (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer from Supernatural

No Caption Provided

vs

Thor from the movies

No Caption Provided

no pre, usual weapons, on't know a thing of their oponents, lucifer only knows he is thor, another peagan and he is gonna kil him for that, fight in stul cemetry

vic by any mean

#2 Posted by XKStone (519 posts) - - Show Bio

1st!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucifer gets wrecked or blitzed.

#3 Posted by OrdinaryAlan (6712 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucy stomped Odin in the Supernatural Universe.

Lol, not a fair comparison, I know. But I still think he could take MCU Thor.

#4 Edited by primebonnick (4284 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm Lucifer

#5 Edited by Thitiki (4504 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor roasts him alive.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#6 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for vividbestintheworld
#7 Posted by vividbestintheworld (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: lucifer stomps thor simply because he is the most powerful being after god , death, and Michael

#8 Posted by DeAnnunaki (951 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer easily.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
#9 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (5847 posts) - - Show Bio

Another mismatch

#10 Posted by ShadowPro (2973 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by The_Kidd (11563 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait wasn't Lucifer a reality warper.

Avatar image for christianrapper
#12 Edited by christianrapper (6012 posts) - - Show Bio

lucifer easily

#13 Posted by Savageslayer (1377 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer

#14 Edited by nerdchore (8094 posts) - - Show Bio

lucifer quite easily.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
#15 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (5847 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowpro: oh no! It's old man shadowpro!

Well, I really do not know much about him, but from what I have heard of him his power level encompasses the earth. Low planet level

#16 Edited by Night4345 (8450 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer stomps.

#18 Posted by uugieboogie (13018 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowpro: This is spite, Lucy was a reality warper... Mismatch

#19 Edited by ShadowPro (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@koshi_waza88 said:
No Caption Provided

DONT YOU KNOW THE RULES- Christians cant lose to other religions that's why Jesus can go kratos on the Greek gods despite having no feats ... in this random comic i found he literally jumps off the cross and beats up Apollo Hercules, Poseidon all with single punches then gose on to fight zeus its crazy !!! and i 100% don't approve.... Thor should be able to take it to Lucifer without being stomped but i would give Lucifer the edge to make it interesting

That answer was either very sarcastic or very stupid either way I'm gonna flag you

@baron_von_santa said:

@shadowpro: oh no! It's old man shadowpro!

Well, I really do not know much about him, but from what I have heard of him his power level encompasses the earth. Low planet level

oh it's varon_I_have_no_die_what_I'm_talking_about, if you don't know the characters then don't say anything

@uugieboogiehow much reality warping has he done? if anything he wins by imploding him since thor is an alie not even a god

#21 Edited by sophia89 (19802 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucy.

Thor didn't show anything to put him near a planetary lvl.

Lucifer created disasters across the planet,and was said many times to be planet+ buster.

#23 Edited by christianrapper (6012 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

DONT YOU KNOW THE RULES- Christians cant lose to other religions that's why Jesus can go kratos on the Greek gods despite having no feats ... in this random comic i found he literally jumps off the cross and beats up Apollo Hercules, Poseidon all with single punches then gose on to fight zeus its crazy !!! and i 100% don't approve.... Thor should be able to take it to Lucifer without being stomped but i would give Lucifer the edge to make it interesting

is that a real thing or are u trying to be funny.

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
#24 Edited by alessandro_souzamarques (899 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Castiel isn't as durable as Thor... so I doubt that would work.

Also;

No Caption Provided

#26 Edited by christianrapper (6012 posts) - - Show Bio

@koshi_waza88 said:

@christianrapper: i said before it was sarcasm/funny, the comic i believe is real its apparently from the nineties not sure of its name but i seen it before so i grabbed it its a classic example of overpowered christian views really Jesus was a nice guy he not about to go all power house and stomp a bunch of Olympian Gods. its relevant to this discussion which i am sorry i did not show very well is that we assume the power of supernatural Lucifer rather than measure the his feats because we are a custom to him being a very powerful foe but when compared to properly he is not dose not match up all that well in feats of strength etc and was more the evil mastermind type of character.

u are taking this to a whole other level. this is a battle between a t.v. show character and a comic book god. it's not a debate about religion. lucifer on supernatural was as powerful as it gets. he just ran through the other gods like paste. the only reason he didn't destroy the world was to fulfill a prophecy. u know the 4 horsemen thing...death, war, famine, and pestilence. the funny thing to me was that death is a good guy in the series. a lot of fiction in this genre shows christians as being weak. they get killed while praying. demons constantly walk into churches and kills priests. so i don't know what u are complaining about. heck there is even a show on sci-fi about angels attacking the world.

#28 Posted by christianrapper (6012 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: my attempt was the for the opposite effect actually to prevent bias or previous judgment into influencing the argument by throwing out an opposite extreme (this sometimes works) but not this time ... :(

it's all good. it's only a debate about a t.v. show and a movie character.

#29 Posted by ShadowPro (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: say what?! what show is that?

@koshi_waza88: the thing about Supernatural beings, is that their power is not measured by physical feats or how much damage can they do with their fist, but rather how can they affect other beings, and/or (depending on what creature) how can they affect reality itself, tat's how they meassure power, IE gabriel being more powerfull than a rel trickster or most of the angels

lucifer migh be more realistic in terms of strenght not going to the same lenghts, but he can implode beings that have existed for eons, deities (that could or could not affect reality, I'm willing to guess they lived up to their legends and could) or simply snap their neck with his tk and physical durability does not protect you from that, only way is to being a creature with more power, able to playwith reality like cas did as godstiel, or as the archangels do (am I being clear? not sure if I'm making sense, this looks like my essays), thor is an alien so he has nothing to protect him from being imploded by him since he is only superior in terms of brute strenght, before a celestial being like him, he is barely more than a human

his power gives him an edge for sure, not saying it doesn't or that luci stomps, just being clear about the powerscales in supernatural, also he took kali's fie like nothing and she is the godess of death

#30 Posted by ShootingNova (25691 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on indicated power, Lucifer, handily.

Based on raw showings, though, it wouldn't be as simple.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#31 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Castiel isn't as durable as Thor... so I doubt that would work.

Also;

No Caption Provided

Thor has no durability feats to tanking being exploded from the inside.

And Thor needs a lot long than a fingersnap to charge up that attack.

#32 Edited by Rijehu (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

Licifer. Spite

#33 Edited by 9dragons (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowpro:

Lucifer loses on the bases that he require a host to interact with the mortal plane while Thor can simply fry and tear apart his host as he pleases. Objectively, none of the beings, gods or monsters, in supernatural live up to their legends, they are shadows of their mythological counterparts/ revamped lesser monsters who can't even physically handle two pesky humans, they literally had a hard time physically subduing humans, the same humans that got physically subdued by hillbillies/rednecks. Also, the angels aren't as powerful as fans make them out to be, they too are turn into fodder by leviathans and a peculiar human, who once stabbed an high ranking angel to death, yes, angels couldn't react to human reflex, none of them can apparently, even Lucifer. On the other hand, Thor had shown enough reflex speed to dodge and block plasma rifles.

#34 Edited by 9dragons (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager:

Thor's semi-mystical hammer should protect him from whatever magic Lucifer has at his disposable. Note, Lucifer's finger snap combustion trick only shown to work on other angels as he never done it to other beings. Theoretically, the angel race share the same mystical frequency it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for a higher tier angel to manipulate the energy of a lower angel to the point of combustion. Ironically. even Castiel, who picked up the trick from Lucifer, had only ever done it to other angels.

Thor had shown physical feats more impressive than the entire supernatural cast, he takes Lucifer's head off with his hammer if he goes in blood lusted.

Post Ragnarok God Thor, more powerful than Thor with his hammer, would demolish Lucifer.

#35 Edited by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@9dragons: Interestingly enough, they have had Mjolnir appear on the show before.

Also, the "Lucifer's finger snap combustion trick only seem to work on other angels as he never done it to other beings" is false. He did just fine doing it to Gods from other pantheon's.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#36 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7064 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
#37 Posted by deactivated-5b84aca03eae8 (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer turns Thor into fingerpaint.

#38 Edited by 9dragons (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@castiel_18:

Not with Lucifer's poor reaction and inconsistent power set, Lucifer couldn't stop a thrown flaming bottle from torching his brother, archangel Micheal, out of mortal existence and was unable to physically kill a human after consecutive hard blows. The combustion trick had only ever worked on other angels, Lucifer had to resort to his bare hands against multiple monster gods. Thor would rag doll Lucifer.

Post Ragnarok, God Thor can just fry Lucifer's host body and potentially destroy his soul in the process. Leviathans had been dropping angels like flies by destroying the host body before the angel's soul can escape. By feats, Thor is certainly more powerful than any Leviathan, by a large margin, with or without his hammer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
#39 Posted by deactivated-5b84aca03eae8 (6261 posts) - - Show Bio
@9dragons said:

Not with Lucifer's poor reaction and inconsistent power set, Lucifer couldn't keep a thrown flaming bottle from torching his brother Micheal out of mortal existence.

I don't remember how the flaming bottle torched Michael out of existence. It only caused him temporary pain and banished him for a couple of minutes. Maybe Lucifer didn't perceive the flaming bottle as a threat to the archangels so he let it happen perhaps??

Current God Thor can just fry his host body and potentially destroy his soul in the process.

Frying the host body doesn't necessarily destroy the archangel himself. Death said the soul can't be destroyed, even by him. But angels aren't known to have "souls." Raphael's male vessel was destroyed by Lot's salt, a weapon of Heaven, yet he survived unscathed.

Leviathans had been dropping angels like flies by destroying the host before the angel soul can escape.

Angels don't have souls. They only gain a soul if they lose their grace. Leviathans can beat angels because they can negate their ability to teleport and inject them with venomous goo, killing the angel and its vessel. Thor doesn't have the feats to negate the power of an angelic being and prevent them from smiting him. Besides, regular angels are nowhere near the level of an elder archangel like Lucifer, who is a primordial being that predates the Universe and most of creation, including Leviathans.

Thor is certainly more powerful than any Leviathan.

Even if Thor has more and better physical feats, that doesn't mean he can permanently defeat a Leviathan. Angels are shown to possess more supernatural powers and abilities, yet they are easily slaughtered by Leviathans. Leviathans have pretty amazing durability and can regenerate from even the most impressive attacks against them. Thor might be able to put them down with his brute strength, but only temporarily. Unless Thor uses the Bone of Righteous Mortal, he has no permanent way of stopping the Leviathans.

#40 Edited by 9dragons (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@castiel_18:

Micheal took more than couple of minutes to return, given the time lapse that Lucifer had battered Dean.

Lucifer was emotionally angered by Castiel's actions because of his concern for his brother Micheal. "Castiel..did you just Molotov my brother with holy fire?"--Lucifer to Castiel before he killed him. Lucifer couldn't react, had a brief pause so he can come to terms to what had happen, and was overcame with anger. Note, Micheal was forewarned by Castiel and he couldn't react either, screaming in pain.

Lot's salt is an angel smiting weapon, for humans not angels or any other entity, a tool angels used to smite humans under the orders of "god". In lore, "Lot was forewarned by angels of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. As he and his family left Sodom, his wife looked back despite the angels telling them not to, and she was turned into a pillar of salt.", according to Supernatural wiki.

I apologize for not being clear, angel "soul" aka essence, their essence much like the essence of demons possessing humans, angel use their essence to posses humans and if the host body is destroyed by ample mystical power their essence die along with the host. Also, death, a non abstract entity with an inflated ego, isn't particularly powerful enough to make an absolute statement about souls given that he was killed by a human, albeit a human in possession of his scythe, and death's cease of existence didn't noticeably impact the world. The cosmic entity in the empty and the darkness would have more weight with these statements, the former more than the latter.

Lucifer isn't as powerful as you make him out to be. He can still be killed by an angel blade like other angels(a divine weapon), wounded by holy fire, out reacted and his apocalyptic showdown with Micheal left most of the physical world intact, and in an alternate world, he was killed by Micheal, physically torn apart. Death, God, and Amara can effortlessly kill Lucifer. Micheal, Raphael, and Gabriel can kill Lucifer in a struggle. Magic can restrain and banish him, ample Magic from a enchanted item or powerful entity can kill him.

The Leviathan are have been wounded by borax, vulnerable to magic, physical overpowered by ghosts, temporary killed by decapitation and slain by an enchanted item.

On comic vine we try to operate base on physical feats because statements can be inflated. Logically, any being, short of complete omnipotence, can be destroyed with ample power, by feats, the darkness can certainly destroy the leviathans and angels with sheer power. By the same logic, Thor had shown enough physical feats to destroy Lucifer and leviathans.

#41 Edited by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@9dragons: I'm too tired to address most of what you said, but this:

Lucifer isn't as powerful as you make him out to be. He can still be killed by an angel blade like other angels(a divine weapon)

Is definitely wrong. He was recently stabbed by an angel blade by Castiel and wasn't killed and that was when he was massively weakened already.

#42 Edited by 9dragons (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79

Lucifer was indeed wounded by Castiel's angel blade, he was in pain, stunned, eyes flickering and gripping onto Castiel for leverage. He didn't die because Castiel didn't stab him in a vital area as Dean did to Zachariah, through the throat. Note, Dean was human, not a particularly strong or fast one either, that had out reacted and killed Zachariah, a high tier angel.

Also, Lucifer never used the combustion trick on the monster pagan gods, in the episode Hammer of the Gods, he employed limited telekinesis, telekinetic throw and flesh rip. According to the TV show's lore, if the battle had taken place in any other country/region absent of or with little Christian faith, the monsters would've torn Lucifer apart. In that scenario, he would not have most of his powers, including telekinesis, because angels like the monster pagan gods power fed on human worship. On the other hand, Thor, not holding back and by his own power, can do this in any place or time.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#43 Posted by TheSuperor (5971 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Zuriel-el (2945 posts) - - Show Bio

well...

#45 Posted by nerdchore (8094 posts) - - Show Bio

@9dragons: doesnt matter. He still killed them all easily and tanked kalis fire. Once thor announces hes a pagan god lucy snaps him into bits

#46 Edited by PenguinLover (994 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, and I'd say handily at that. Considerably faster (appearing as a blur when charging the Hulk back in Avengers and keeping pace with Hela even before his power up in Ragnarok), far stronger, more durable than anyone Lucifer has fought, and has the damage output both with his strength and lightning to destroy Lucifer's vessel at the very least.

#47 Edited by 9dragons (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdchore:

Again, Lucifer manage to kill the monster pagan gods because they were de-powered, including Kali, from a lack of worship in the local area. The feat was not much of a milestone, given that a human manage to physical beat and kill one of the "gods" in a fist fight in the very same episode and these "gods" have consistently been killed by humans with wooden stakes, I'm not joking. In lore, even Hawk eye, the avengers, would demolish Lucifer if the two fought in Asgard or Australia, China, Tokyo, Korea, India. Edit, Okay I may have exaggerated a bit with Hawkeye, but the point being he is vastly less powerful in other regions, disconnected from his worship.

Lucifer can't even take down a human if his vessel is weaken, Sam, one of the main human characters, countered his telekinetic force for substantial amount of time with just human raw strength.

Post Ragnork Thor doesn't even have to look at Lucifer to fry him and Pre Ragnork Thor was too durable and enchanted to be affected. Religious bias aside, Thor instantly supercharge and combust Lucifer via mystical thunder, destroying his essence.

#48 Edited by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@9dragons: You didn't say that Lucifer would be wounded by an angel blade. You said he would die. It was proven to be false when he was already weakened so much that his WEAKEST knight of hell was able to treat him like a lowly demon. It has also been proven wrong by them being unable to kill another archangel with an angel blade. He didn't die because a normal angel blade cannot kill him, period. The "in pain, stunned, eyes flickering and gripping onto Castiel for leverage." was because he was already so much weaker than normal after being tormented in the alternate earth by Michael.

Also, the bit you posted about the TV show lore is wrong as well. We have already seen him at full power in an alternate earth where all of the worshipers(or most at least) are dead.

#49 Edited by 9dragons (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79:

He would certainly die if the angel blade was wielded by an amply powerful being, the darkness for example, or if he was stabbed in the same manner as Zachariah. An archangel blade, a higher tier angel blade, would kill Lucifer more efficiently.

In an alternate earth, Micheal physically tore Lucifer apart, killing him with sheer force, in the final showdown and became a god after a long war, presumably a god of north America, the location of the war. Micheal's power, much greater than Lucifer's at this point, was insufficient to fulfill the prophesy of turning the world into paradise. He was going to ditch his kingdom when he had the chance. Micheal relied heavily on Kevin Tran, a human prophet, to summon a portal to another reality, unable to do it himself. When main timeline Lucifer had crossover he was still powered by inhabitants of Micheal's kingdom, heaven remnants, angels, humans, and rouge demons like the tempter demon that still roam the landmass.

FYI, a human woman with enchanted brass knuckles manage to hurt and knock Lucifer into a portal that was how he ended up in the alternate earth in the first place.

Also, Lucifer isn't completely powerless without worshipers neither are the pagan monsters, but he is indeed much weaker. Absent of worship. Lucifer runs on his own grace, a limited energy within angels.

#50 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@9dragons said:

@rr79:

He would certainly die if the angel blade was wielded by amply powerful being, the darkness for example, or if he was stabbed in the same manner as Zachariah.

No, he absolutely would not. We have already seen that a regular Angel Blade will NOT work on Archangels, period.

In an alternate earth, Micheal physically tore Lucifer apart with sheer force in the final showdown and afterwards became the self proclaimed god after a long war. In theory, Lucifer is essentially being power fed by the remnants of heaven/ humans left in the apocalyptic world or more precisely north America, since the landmass and inhabitants was ruled by Micheal lead angels. In this reality Micheal relied heavily on Kevin Tran, a human prophet, to summon a portal to another reality, I would take Micheal's self proclaim godhood with a grain of salt.

Yes, after Lucifer was already beaten down by magical enhanced brass knuckles and pushed through a portal to an alternate earth. Your theory doesn't make any sense as their Lucifer is already dead, there would nobody feeding him anything. And I am not sure why you are bringing up Michael when we aren't talking about him. The only thing mentioned about Michael is him torturing Lucifer in this alternate earth and stealing most of his grace, which is why Lucifer was so weakened that his weakest Knight of Hell was able to treat him like a lowly demon. Which is why when Castiel stabbed him with the angel blade, it hurt him. Think of it like this, the Angel Blade is no more powerful(many would argue less powerful) than the Colt that killed just about anything with a single shot. Lucifer was one of only 4 beings that the Colt could not kill when he was at his normal power levels.

Also, Lucifer isn't completely powerless without worshipers neither are the pagan monsters, but he is weaker. Absent of worship. Lucifer runs on grace, a limited energy within angels.

Except, you are going off headcanon, Absolutely nothing supports him being weaker because he has no followers.