Low/Mid Street Tier Tournament: Sirkaboom11 vs Shade545 (Voting CLOSED: Shade Won)

• 63 results
Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@sirkaboom11

Characters

Mysterio (7)

Bullseye (5)

2 Perk Points (3 Character Points)

Perks

Basic Knowledge (4)

Daredevil Radar Sense on Bullseye (4)

1 hour prep in lab (10)

Mind Link (4)

VS

@shade545

Characters

• Luthor Strode (9)
  • Gizmo (6)

Perks

• 1 Hour of prep on the battlefield (5)
  • Mystery perk (Team) (14)
  • Knife (Gizmo)

What is the Mystery Perk??

As Shade has got the Team Mystery Perk, he gets three Perks, specifically for his whole team. They are the following:

No Caption Provided

Paladin's Stun Gun (one for each individual)

The Spider Slayer Mark VII

No Caption Provided

And S.W.O.R.D. Bio Scanner (One for each character)

No Caption Provided

Avengers Mansion (first version)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f763ac0bf885
deactivated-5f763ac0bf885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@professorrespect: Awesome. I have 2 concerns though.

I got 3 perks from the Mystery perk which you said was for the whole team, but i only have 2 characters

And i thought you said each battle was going to take place in New York?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shade545 said:

@professorrespect: Awesome. I have 2 concerns though.

I got 3 perks from the Mystery perk which you said was for the whole team, but i only have 2 characters

And i thought you said each battle was going to take place in New York?

Yeah, "the whole team" means 2 or more people.

New York was too vague. Works fine in higher tier bouts where the locations doesn't really matter, but it's a BIG deal for street tiers and can make or break them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shade545 You can.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@sirkaboom11 said:

@professorrespect: I also have mind link.

No you don't.

Your initial statement of your full completed team was this: "Bullseye (5), Mysterio, (8), 2 perk points (3), basic knowledge, (4), daredevil radar sense on Bullseye, (4), 1 hour prep in lab (10)"

You didn't have it even when it was put on the official list.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I posted it later, and I wasn't active at that time.

Must have missed it then considering the posts came out rather quickly.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Can I pick a specific lab to prep in? If so, I choose Baxter Building.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Can I pick a specific lab to prep in? If so, I choose Baxter Building.

You can, through you must keep within the prep limits as I've already stated on the main thread.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

T4V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opener

Luthor Strode

No Caption Provided

Luthor was what one would consider the typical "Average school nerd". Wore glasses, was scrawny, a common target for school bullies, nothing really special. Until one day, he received a strange book names the "Hercules Method", which seemed to be a strange workout method designed to enhance the users Strength, Speed, and Senses. Seeing no reason not to try it, Luthor followed the instructions on the book. The workout turned out to be true, enhancing Luthor's physicals to an insane degree.

Strength

Speed

Durability

Gizmo

No Caption Provided

A first glance, Gizmo may seem unimpressive in combat, and truth be told he is. That is, if he doesn't have anything to help him. A man who's most dangerous weapon is his mind, he can create deadly weapons out of even the most mundane objects in a very short amount of time. As long as he has time to prepare, Gizmo will always prove to be a great team member in any situation He's also very good with unorthodox tech and crazy contraptions.

No Caption Provided

Converts a fire extinguisher into a jetpack

No Caption Provided

Creates a device that can alter gravity

No Caption Provided

Remember when i said he can make mundane objects useful? This is a great example of that.

No Caption Provided

Creates a device that makes people intangible

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He has a weapon called the "Attack Platform" which is reasonably fast and comes equipped with numerous weapons.

What my team will do during prep and how the perks effect it

So first, i have to mention how the perks from the mystery perk are almost exactly tailored to my team. The first one is Paladin's stun gun, a long range device that Effects the nervous system of a target, and both my characters have one of these, giving Luthor an attack option in both range and melee. Second is the Spider-Slayer Mark VII, a pilotable weapon that's even more powerful than Gizmo's attack platform. As you saw earlier from Gizmo's section it's not hard to believe he can learn how to pilot it under an hour given he specializes in similar tech. Even if you can make an argument that he somehow can't figure out how to pilot it under an hour, he can always still use his attack platform which still will give my team the mobility advantage over yours. Third is the S.W.O.R.D Bio-Scanner, which won't be useful to my team at all. Last i want to mention how our prep as well as the battlefield is taking place in the Avengers Mansion. As you can see. there is absolutely no shortage of high tech equipment Gizmo can use here. Making the battlefield much more useful for my team than it will be for your team. So during prep, Gizmo will spend the first 30 minutes exploring the mansion and getting his hands on fancy gadgets, and spend the rest of the 20 minutes learning to control the Spider-Slayer Mark VII.

How the battle will go down+Summary

Once the battle starts, Luthor will blitz, and your team should be dead or KO'd from that. You can make the argument Mysterio can use his illusions, but even if he can get them off before getting blitzed, your team lacks the damage output required to put down mine. And your team absolutely has no way of attacking Gizmo within the Spider Slayer Mark VII, not to mention anything else he may have from the Mansion. Not much to say here, as i am convinced that, unless your team can pull out some crazy stuff during prep, my team is taking this handily.

• Luthor alone can arguably solo your team
  • You have no way of even reaching Gizmo
  • Even with a partial adamantium skeleton, Bullseye should fare not long in this fight.
  • The battlefield greatly favors my team rather than yours.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sirkaboom11

Opener

Mysterio

Mysterio isn't known for being skilled physcially. In fact, he is horrendously underrated by the general public. Mysterio has illusions that have defeated Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Doctor strange.

Illusions

Makes Spider-Man, Black Widow, and Silver Sable believe that a country has been destroyed.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-6937444

Tricks Iron Man and Doctor Strange into attacking their guards https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-6937456

Is able to fill Daredevik, despite his enhanced senses https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-6937434

Hires himself from Strange's telepathy and magical senses, somehow https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-6937423

Makes Old man Logan think that Captain America is Taskmaster https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-6937464

Bullseye

Accuracy

Richochets an arrow to hit Deadpool https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-2450830

Throws a bullet hard enough to damage Elektra https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-2450866

Effortlessly kills a bunch of people

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-2450824

Takes out a car with a hubcap

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-2450844

Skill

Hangs with Daredevil https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-2450853

Fights Elektra https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-2450872

Beats Deadpool https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-2450884

Counters

Your post was good, but you claim that my team would get blitzed. That is not true in the slightest. Why? Here's my strategy

Strategy

Mysterio will immediately spam illusions, making Luther look like Robin and making Gizmo look like one of Luther's bullies. There two will fight, and Gizmo would most likely win. However, the Spider-Slayer is useless here. Mysterio can make all of the controls say co.elderly different things. If Gizmo doesn't kill himself trying to use the suit, then Bullseye will find a weak point in the suit, and kill Gizmo. All of this is possible due to my prep time and my mind link.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirkaboom11:

Second Post/Counter

While your strategy may seem useful on paper, i have my reasons why it doesn't change the outcome all that much.

MYSTERIO

Makes Spider-Man, Black Widow, and Silver Sable believe that a country has been destroyed.

While the Illusion itself is impressive, None of these characters except Spider-Man have outstandingly high senses. And even then, Spidey only can't recognize his illusions because his Spider-Sense doesn't consider it a threat.

Tricks Iron Man and Doctor Strange into attacking their guards

The fact that he fooled Iron Man and even Strange is pretty cool, his illusions have been tested by street tiers regardless.

Is able to fill Daredevik, despite his enhanced senses

Luthor has senses way beyond that of Daredevil. Luthor can casually detect a group of enemies coming to his location with seemingly little evidence of such. Stated to have "Super Eyeballs", and can even her the heartbeats and sense the emotions of people in a entire mall. There is no way Mysterio is getting the drop on Luthor.

Makes Old man Logan think that Captain America is Taskmaster

This is impressive considering how advanced Wolverine's sense are, but i believe Luthor's are still a bit better. I will go into this a bit later

BULLSEYE

Richochets an arrow to hit Deadpool https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-2450830

First of all, while this is a testament to his accuracy, he will never be able to hit either of my characters. Luthor can casually react to and catch objects thrown at his back without even looking, senses a sniper and reacts to a bullet from said sniper, and can even foresee entire fights thanks to his senses. Seriously, you can't tell me Bullseye has a chance against Luthor. And of course Gizmo is in the Spider-Slayer- Mark VII, which is able to stand up to Spider-Man level characters.

Effortlessly kills a bunch of people

Really nothing compared to how Luthor deals with groups of people

Takes out a car with a hubcap

Impressive, but i"ll be more impressed when he can throw a vending machine across a mall.

Hangs with Daredevil https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-2450853

Fights Elektra https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-2450872

Beats Deadpool https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-2450884

All of these characters are less effective in combat than Luthor. And he can't even reach Gizmo.

YOUR STRATEGY

Mysterio will immediately spam illusions, making Luther look like Robin and making Gizmo look like one of Luther's bullies.

I have no reason to believe my characters, one having extremely high senses to the point he has precog, and another who's a genius and has been in a team for a long time, would believe that there nemesis would spontaneously show up out of nowhere. And Luthor can still hear your teams heartbeats, so he at the very least will know something's up.

However, the Spider-Slayer is useless here. Mysterio can make all of the controls say co.elderly different things. If Gizmo doesn't kill himself trying to use the suit, then Bullseye will find a weak point in the suit, and kill Gizmo.

Your basic knowledge gives information on my team, not my perks. So Mysterio will have no idea Gizmo is piloting the Spider-Slayer Mark VII. He will have no idea what the controls look like.

All of this is possible due to my prep time and my mind link.

There wasn't even anything you did during prep. You didn't come up with any weapons or traps or environmental advantage or anything, You literally made your post as if you didn't have prep. You relied solely on your characters abilities. I at least made use of my prep.

Summary

Nothing has changed. I have the exact same mindset i had when i made my opener. Between my team being almost impossible for yours to actually kill and you not having done literally nothing with your prep time, i still believe i win this. Your only hope are the illusions, and i believe even those won't work.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Second Post/Counter

You made a post full of useless statements. You had no evidence for Luther being a better fighter than Daredevil. You have one travel speed feat for him, and since it's only one, I could just call it an outlier. And I spoke to professorrespect. The teams start 50 meters apart. They human eye can see up to 2 miles ahead, meanin, that, unless Mysterio has glaucoma (news flash, he doesn't), he will see the Spider-Slayer. And what I meant was that Mysterio can make Luther invisible to Gizmo, and vice versa. THEN, Mysterious makes it appear that their nemesis walks into the room, and stands where their teammate should be. And if Luther somehow kills Gizmo, it doesn't matter. My prep is in the Baxter Building, home to the world's smartest man. If it's lab is good enough for Reed, then I'm sure I can make something to incapacitate you, order carbonadium off of Evil Amazon, or just make a one-shot explosive to take out Luther. Your team has no counter for Mysterio 's illusions, which will be buffed from prep.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Counter

You made a post full of useless statements.

No i didn't. You could see everything i presented was true.

You had no evidence for Luther being a better fighter than Daredevil.

Other than the fact he has pre-cog and has contended with people way more powerful, faster, and durable than Daredevil?Like Jack, who literally dances around and deflect bullets? If Mysterio fought Luthor in the same way he did Daredevil, he would be dead.

You have one travel speed feat for him, and since it's only one, I could just call it an outlier.

This doesn't make sense at all, but if you want more travel feats, he can run 20 miles in a hour as well as nearly catch up to a van.

And I spoke to professorrespect. The teams start 50 meters apart. They human eye can see up to 2 miles ahead, meanin, that, unless Mysterio has glaucoma (news flash, he doesn't), he will see the Spider-Slayer.

And he will get killed by it.

And what I meant was that Mysterio can make Luther invisible to Gizmo, and vice versa. THEN, Mysterious makes it appear that their nemesis walks into the room, and stands where their teammate should be.

Like i once said, my teammates likely aren't going to fall for that. Luthor can still hear your teams heartbeats and can still tell where your team is.

My prep is in the Baxter Building, home to the world's smartest man. If it's lab is good enough for Reed, then I'm sure I can make something to incapacitate you,

This is possibly your most ridiculous claim. Reed is FAR more intelligent than Beck ever will be. And if Mysterio can make Reed level technology, than he is out of limits for this tourney. Give proof that Beck can use technology this advanced.

order carbonadium off of Evil Amazon,

Evil Amazon... sure.

or just make a one-shot explosive to take out Luther.

Not likely.

Your team has no counter for Mysterio 's illusions, which will be buffed from prep.

How will it be buffed from prep? If you plan to have your team buffed in an specific way from prep, you will have to explain how.

Summary

Nothing has changed. Your prep is still useless, you did't convince me that your team can beat mine, and you made some pretty ridiculous claims. Your team still dies. You didn't give have much to reply to, so that's why my final counter was short.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Post

Counters

I don't think that you understand what I'm saying, but I'm not wasting any more time repeating my strategy. First off, I thought my scans made it clear that Mysterio can cloak and change sounds. And I have one last ace in the hole regarding Mysterio. What is it, you might ask. Well, it's something that you have shown no defenses against.

Chemicals and Gases

Here you can see his gases knocking out She-Hulk https://m.imgur.com/FPhfubz

I don't believe that anyone on your team could resist that.

Here you can see Mysterio using a tranq gun to defeat Spidey https://m.imgur.com/nuRL07k

Finisher/ Final strategy.

Your team has no chemical defenses. Mysterio would immediately spam gas. And on top of this, Mysterio could probably cloak the gas from y'all anyway. Senses are useless when they're being tricked. You already used your last post. There isn't much to counter, so I believe that I'm done. Oh, and I'm sponsored by Evil Amazon, so they supplied my team with sufficient gear. Checkmate.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was... some CaV. In the end I'm voting for @sirkaboom11 because I thought his feats for Mysterio's illusions were super impressive(like against Iron Man, Strange, Daredevil, Spider-man) and that Shade's feats for getting through them just didn't compare to what those characters can do. As long as Sirkaboom could pull that off I didn't see how Shade could win.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

That was... some CaV. In the end I'm voting for @sirkaboom11 because I thought his feats for Mysterio's illusions were super impressive(like against Iron Man, Strange, Daredevil, Spider-man) and that Shade's feats for getting through them just didn't compare to what those characters can do. As long as Sirkaboom could pull that off I didn't see how Shade could win.

Thanks for the vote champ

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Interesting CAV. I think I'll go with @sirkaboom11, while he did make some bizarre claims and vague arguments, I do think he argued Mysterio's illusions working against Shade's team well and its the prime reason I don't see Shade's team winning. If there was a more clear, believable counter to that, I would have went with Shade.

Nice CAV though and good job to both of you!

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting CAV. I think I'll go with @sirkaboom11, while he did make some bizarre claims and vague arguments, I do think he argued Mysterio's illusions working against Shade's team well and its the prime reason I don't see Shade's team winning. If there was a more clear, believable counter to that, I would have went with Shade.

Nice CAV though

Thanks for the vote, tho it ain't a nice CaV

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@shade545 said:

@professorrespect I guess we are ready to move to votes.

I guess? lol. I definitely learned a lesson reading this.

What lesson?

I'm gonna vote for Shade since his argument didn’t rely on “Evil Amazon” or whatever

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@shade545 said:

@professorrespect I guess we are ready to move to votes.

I guess? lol. I definitely learned a lesson reading this.

What lesson?

I'm gonna vote for Shade since his argument didn’t rely on “Evil Amazon” or whatever

A good lesson. I ain't saying what it is tho

Thanks for the vote

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Hey, what was wrong with the CaV? I'm kinda new to this, this was my first acceptable one, after all. And how many votes do I need?

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How evil is this Amazon?

Avatar image for tomtheawesome123
tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

t4v

tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tomtheawesome123

@sirkaboom11: @shade545@professorrespect

Voting for Shade, the Amazon strategy is not feasible since he only has 1 hour of prep. And carbonadium is not available in real life NYC.

I felt Shade's Luther strode healing factor stats and healing factor was enough to solo the team.

Shade's team was just superior statistically, and Mysterio's illusions are not enough.

Furthermore, most of Sirka's argument was flawed, for example his team didn't know the controls for the Spider-slayer suit. Furthermore, the only uncountered arguments Sirka had was in the final post which Shade had no chance to counter since it was the final post.

tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By tomtheawesome123

@professorrespect: Professor, read my vote. Sirkaboom has been dishonest. Is dishonestly allowed in your tourneys? Using cropped scans? really?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ProfessorRespect

(this is in response to a deleted post: please do not read)

@tomtheawesome123 said:

@professorrespect: Professor, read my vote. Sirkaboom has been dishonest. Is dishonestly allowed in your tourneys? Using cropped scans? really?

Don't see what the problem is tbh. The first thing was on Shade for not correctly researching Luthor's capabilities and showcasing them. If he researched Mysterio, he would know about Mysterio's gases. Bringing it up now doesn't really change much.

Second thing is not really even a thing. Daredevil was fooled by the illusions until he was able to take a proper look at them (which is usually the case) and well, most of these aren't illusions. As well as this, other feats arguably better than this were still valid.

And no, "dishonestly" (which is spelt dishonesty, you don't put the l in it) isn't allowed, but showcasing scans in a specific way isn't exactly top tier. I would suggest that Sirkaboom cites their scans from now on.

tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Sorry, i spelt dishonesty incorrectly. But hopefully people will read my post and see that Mysterio's illusions could be seen through.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Sorry, i spelt dishonesty incorrectly. But hopefully people will read my post and see that Mysterio's illusions could be seen through.

That would effect voting, so I recommend you delete that post, considering it wasn't made by Shade.

tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Alright i deleted it.

Apologies for having the post removed, it's just that people might see that and change their vote according to your information, which would be unfair to both participants.

You can ask Sirkaboom if you want to face him next round though, if that interests you. I'm sure he wouldn't be unable to do so.

tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomtheawesome123 said:

@professorrespect: Alright i deleted it.

Apologies for having the post removed, it's just that people might see that and change their vote according to your information, which would be unfair to both participants.

The reason why I had such a strong reaction (My apologies) was because this sort of thing is quite scummy.

The fact that Sirka posted scans which when uncropped show that Daredevil would eventually break out of it after a short amount of time, and then arguing that there is no counter to the illusions was pretty poor.

I honestly don't blame Shade for not fact-checking Sirka's scans. He shouldn't have to check every scan to see if Sirka is portraying capabilities correctly, especially when Sirka doesn't provide the comic source for said scans.

And furthermore, it was quite dishonorable for him to sneak in arguments in the final post. I honestly could not expect Shade to go through the hundreds of comics with Mysterio in it and see every single gadget he has. In my opinion it was on Sirka to provide the options his team will use to defeat his opponent before the final post.

This sort of behavior has happened to me multiple times throughout comic vine, that is why I am so sensitive about it. It happened to me against Psi-bite who forgot to provide context that Wolverine was blind when he fought against Typhoid Mary. It was a bit tricky to find the source to debunk it, but I would have preferred if all of us were a bit more vigilant with our evidence.

And Sirka's other "more impressive" showings (I presume the Dr Strange and Ironman) ones were also lacking important context.

I urge people voting to read Doctor Doom and the Masters of Evil Issue 1, it is explained in the pages after Sirka's scan that Mysterio's illusions are not as good as he is portraying.

Sorry for the rant.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Voting for @shade545. Not only did he clearly put significantly more time and effort into his posts, but his arguments and counters made more logical sense and were better backed up with proof.

Sirka didn't really capitalize much on his perks, basically ignored Bullseye, and made some weird and nonsensical "sponsored by Evil Amazon" argument that hurt his overall debating. He also exaggerated Mysterio's capabilities, although Shade could have provided more counters for this. Mysterio and his use of prep could have been used much more effectively, and the outcome of this battle would have been different. But that wasn't the case.