Low Mid Tier Challengers Tournament. Sign Ups Open (21/22).

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Welcome one and all to the mid tier tornado tag team challenger tourney! This is how it'll work, each player chooses 2 mid tier characters that fit within the rules, 3 solo perks and 1 team perk. Then once everyone chooses their team members, the game begins. But the difference between this tourney and others is 1. Once you beat an opponent you get to steal their team perk and 2. You get to choose your opponent after round 1.

Main Rules:

• The Battle rules will be like this:
  • BFR is not allowed.
  • Teamwork is basic, but if your team has conflicting morals, teamwork is non-existant mostly.
  • Battle starts 30 meters away from the enemy.
  • Challengers go first.
  • You must post at least 3 times a round and within 8 days after your opponent does.
  • Your character can come from anywhere (anime, manga, Marvel, DC, indie comics, movies, TV, books, etc.).
  • Voting lasts 8 days, if no one votes then I will.
  • Votes must contain at least one reason why the vote was decided that way, and two sentences explaining why.
  • There are 16 slots open but if we reach 24 participants, I'll make this a 24 man tourney.
  • Rules breakers will be punished.
  • I get final say on everything, but I will address any and all conserns to the best of my ability.

Character Rules:

• Strength is at 165 tons/Town Busting Level.
  • Durability is at mountain level.
  • Combat speed is mach 65/Massively Hypersonic.
  • Reaction speed is maxed at lightning speed.
  • Energy projection is at Metropolis Busting.
  • Damage output for other powers is also Metropolis Busting at most.
  • Nerfing will be allowed to some extent.
  • Internal attacks are mostly not allowed.
  • No unblockable attacks.
  • 1 hit KO attacks are also mostly not allowed.
  • Reality warping is not allowed.
  • Telepaths cannot mind control or use psychic attacks to 1 hit KO enemies.
  • Soul manipulators cannot 1 hit KO enemies or use an undefendable hax ability.
  • Time manipulation is allowed, however you can only slow down time during the battle.
  • Intangibility is only allowed for defensive pruposes. However the user can't use the ability throughout the whole fight.
  • Hax abilities will be reviewed by me, however participants may question my decision with arguements.
  • Summons are allowed but you can only summon 3 Spider-Man level beings at a time (or 15 Batman level beings or 25 Damian Wayne level beings).
  • You can only summon twice per dight (either 6 Spider-Men, 30 Batmen or 50 Damian Wayne level beings, you can use a mix of that as well).
  • TK cannot attack an opponent internally and is limited at 165 tons as well.
  • Specelized TK (like bending) may go over 165 tons, and is maxed at 175.
  • Healing can heal you from limbs getting chopped off, but cannot bring you back from a single cell. In other words Regeneration should be around Sayian Saga Piccolo/Tokyo Ghoul/Invincible.
  • Physical stats have exceptions, the less power a character has in one category (speed, strength durability, powers etc.) the more leeway the character gets in either the speed or strength categories. For example, Northstar being just peak human and possessing no other powers, is allowed. Another example would be (wet) Namor, The Thing, Red Hulk or Steel.
  • Hax/Powers have exceptions as well, the less physically powerful a character is, the less hax they have or the less power they have, the more leeway the character gets in the Power category (and it's limits). For example Madrox would be allowed as he is only peak human and posses no other mid tier powers (100 clones) . Another example would be Archer, Charles Xavier, Billy Numerous or Midnighter.

Challanger Mechanic:

After the first round (where I randomize the battles) participants will get to challenge other participants whether they agree to it or not. If two people challenge the same person, then the one who challanged first gets the fight. The challenge period will last 2 days, if no one challanged you and you didn't challenge anyone, I'll set up your match.

Perk List:

Solo Perks (Pick 3):

• Dark Summons. Your character can summon 15 unarmed ghouls (Batman level stats), ghouls can turn other summons inro ghouls that you control with a bite.
  • Cavelry. 20 Batman level soldiers join you in battle, each have EU Stormtroopers' equipment and Deadshot's skill.
  • Hexproof. Your character becomes immune to all types of direct magic, even ones that amp him. However, energy blasts, elemental attacks and such still damage you.
  • Location Destination. You get to pick the location of the fight, nothing that insta kills your opponent or amps your fighter past the limits or their fullest potential though.
  • Prep Time. One of you characters has basic knowledge on the enemy and 2 hours prep.
  • Quick Time. Your speed is doubled for 30 seconds once per fight.
  • Clobbering Time. Your strength is doubled for 30 seconds once per fight.
  • Trample. For 3 minutes both of your opponents share damage (punch one and both feel it) when attacked by a Trample user.
  • Ghostly Nature. Immune to powerful soul and telepathic attacks. Basic attacks like energy blasts and mind reading go through this perk.
  • Black Death. Makes your blows unhealable by regeneration for one enemy. If you throw a car, the enemy can still heal from it.
  • Gun Point. Your character gets an M-60 and Walter P38 that have one magazine each of adamantium bullets.
  • Samurai Spirit. You get 1 adamantium Katana and the skills of Samurai Jack.
  • Flying. Your character can now fly at mach 30 speeds.
  • Let's Speed This Up. Cancels the prep perk of the enemy.
  • Morals off. Your character is willing to do anything to win (is not bloodlusted though).
  • Fan Club. Summon 3 street levelers to help in your fight (Spider-Man level).
  • Battle Ready. Get 1 piece of existing gear of you choosing (only armors or weapons, no transportation decices or power granting gear), gear must follow the same limits as powers.
  • Death Defying. Your character can come back from the dead for 2 extra minutes but after time expires, they die again.
  • Update. Allows you to choose one street level power (Nightcrawler's teleportation, Deadpool's healing, Dare Devil's radar sense etc.).

Ultra Perks (Cost 3 Solo Perk Points):

• One Step Too Slow. One of your opponents becomes slightly slower than you (if you were mach 10, your opponent becomes mach 9).
  • Death Blow. You can stun both your opponents for 3 seconds. They cannot defend themselves from any attack in that time. You can only atack once per character you have.
  • Our Minds are Alike. Your (IRL) knowledge gets tranfered to your team, making them act however you want and know whatever you currently do.
  • Perfect Teamwork. Your team gets perfect team work, and can read their opponents mind (cannot bypass mind perk or natural resistance). They also get a mind link.
  • The Great Summon. You can summon 1 mid tier character (must fit in these rules) but they can only fight for 60 seconds then they vanish. Cannot turn into a ghoul.
  • Undying. Once your character is killed it can come back to life once for 5 minutes, and gets a physical boost that lasts for 3 seconds (x2 speed and strength, no effect on powers).
  • Gear Head. You can choose 2 pieces of gear, as long as it fits within the rules, doesn't amp your characters past the rules and is something your character knows how to use/requires only basic knowledge to use.

Team Perks (Pick 1):

• Fair Fight. Eliminates all solo perks (both yours and the enemy). Can choose whether or not to use it.
  • Speed Equalized. Everyone's (overall) speed is equalized for 120 seconds.
  • Strength Equalized. Everyone's strength is equalized for 120 seconds.
  • Knowledge is Power. Get full knowledge on the enemy team.
  • Hexproof (team). Same effect as the solo version but applies to your entire team.
  • Good Teamwork. Your team can fight together perfectly.
  • Bloodlusted. Both of your fighters are bloodlusted.
  • Black Death (team). Same effect as the solo version but applies to your entire team.
  • Ghostly Nature (team). Same effect as the solo version but applies to your entire team.
  • Prep Time (team). Same effect as the solo version but applies to your entire team.
  • Teleported. You choose a new battlefield to teleport everyone to (meaning it would suprise the enemy), you choose the battle distance, time of day and weather as well. No locations that amp you past the set limits or past your character's fullest potential or insta kill your enemies.

Note: When I say team, that includes summons, when I say characters or everyone, it doesn't.

Example of a team build:

Characters:

• Carol Danvers (Cavelry).
  • Bartholomew Kuma (Let's Speed This Up & Gun Point).

Team Perk: Fair Fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, tag me if you want to sign up/reserve.

Sign ups open on Jan 13-15. Right now I'm looking for input and things I should change to balance this tourney.

Edited the sign up date again, since it seems good enough right now.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The rule on intangibility is lame and weak , it looks to video game like for a standard use

Either ban it or get rid of the rule and make a better one like use it for defense and not offense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: Okay. I'll let it be used for defense only, but say that the user can't stay intangable for the whole fight. Better?

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: I guess , if this was high level then the then there should be no such rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: Well it's just a mid tier tourney. These guys shouldn't be able to bust a country while high tiers one shot moons.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@major_hellstorm:

If a character can cut a small mountain in half would that character be allowed?

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm:

Strength is at 75 tons (max).

Do you mean literally have no feats above this level or like a guidebook entry?

Because DCEU Superman or MCU Hulk would be way above 75 tons but some comic characters who would be listed at that level of strength would still have better feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-o78sdg008
deactivated-o78sdg008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hypnos0929

@major_hellstorm: you mine as well turn this into a street level tournament. I can't think of any mid tier person that can't lift 75 tons

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

75 tons, but mach 75 speed? That is really awkward lmao. 75 tons is carnage level. But Mach 75 is faster than a lot of high tiers. Also mountain level durability is waaaaaaayyyyy higher than what a 75 tonner can do withbrute force.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strength seems off considering the durability.....

arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By arkbound

@major_hellstorm: Still going through and reviewing to make sure my characters match your limits but right now il tentatively take

Jeon Jae-San from God of Highschool

No Caption Provided

and Esdeath from Akame Ga Kill

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-o78sdg008
deactivated-o78sdg008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: you mine as well turn this into a street level tournament. I can't think of any mid tier person that can't lift 75 tons

75 tons, but mach 75 speed? That is really awkward lmao. 75 tons is carnage level. But Mach 75 is faster than a lot of high tiers. Also mountain level durability is waaaaaaayyyyy higher than what a 75 tonner can do withbrute force.

^This. 1000 tons should be all right.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkbound:

I need some feats for them.

@major_hellstorm:

If a character can cut a small mountain in half would that character be allowed?

Yes.

@shirso said:

@major_hellstorm: Reserve me.

Sure thing.

Anyone above Spider-Man in strength is a mid tier, you really can't come up with anyone?

What should I change the speed too? Yes, but powers can amp attacks to city busting (it'll take around three attacks to KO a mountain buster, IMO). This is a power centered tourney.

@major_hellstorm:

Strength is at 75 tons (max).

Do you mean literally have no feats above this level or like a guidebook entry?

Because DCEU Superman or MCU Hulk would be way above 75 tons but some comic characters who would be listed at that level of strength would still have better feats.

75 tons by feats.

This was supposed to be a power centered tourney, but how much should I amp the strength limits?

@shirso said:
@hypnos0929 said:

@zetsumoto said:

@queen_marceline said:

^This. 1000 tons should be all right.

1000 tons seems a bit much.

@major_hellstorm: Can we reserve characters at this stage?

Well yes, but this is the stage where limits will change so I wouldn't recomend it.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@major_hellstorm: change strength from tons to a busting limit city - mountain. Easier to visualize and more wiggle room to think of characters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: I'll make it city busting plus 500 tons for some. I'm thinking of adding a new clause, so that purely physical fighters can join, basically, for every speed/strength/durability/power point removed, a strength/speed point is added. Basically allowing characters like Northstar or Invincible in without taking away the power centered theme. How does that sound?

arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: Invincible is a little on the heavy hitting side for this tourney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkbound: He's a 500 toner. I think he should fit, if not, wet Namor will be the new poster boy for strength without powers.

arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkbound: I'll make it a square 100. However I'll add a new clause making purely physical fighters like Northstar or (wet) Namor allowed. Basically the weaker you are in one category the more leeway you get in physical stats.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vertigo-

@major_hellstorm: What are we looking at in terms of battle arena? I have someone I want to use, but I need to know that first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93: I have, a mountain, a COD map, a football stadium and a specilized arena. I'll randomize which map to use each fight, but you could use a perk to pick the location.

(Btw, the limits aren't set in stone yet).

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: I'll keep an eye on this for now. Once everything is set up, I'll let you know if I'll sign up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93: Sure thiing boss. Btw, any comments on balancing issues? Any perk ideas?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: I'd personally make TP and soul resistance 1 feat instead of 2. I'd also reword your equalized speed perk to just apply it to speed overall. I see a loophole there, personally.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93: 1 feat? You make them a twon in one deal? How should I reword it?

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93: 1 feat? You make them a twon in one deal? How should I reword it?

Yeah, it's what a lot of people do when they set up their tournaments. I just find it's easier, personally. But it's your call

As for the speed perk, just change it to overall speed, instead of combat speed, closes the loophole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: Can you let me know if the following hax is OK?

1. Respawn

2. Teleporting things through time

3. Having a sword that can kill anything, including death

4. Anti-matter

arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm:

Sign me up with Tian (Feng Shen Ji)

No Caption Provided

and Keith White (Project ARMS)

No Caption Provided

If this is ok.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: Are two people who can control all 4 elements allowed? Because I have some twins in mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkbound: No, the limits will be official at January 15th or if needed I'll stretch it to the 18th.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz: I'll need some feats from both of them.

Also keep in mind the limits aren't set in stone yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929: I don't see why not as long as they both fit in the rules.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm:

I can reserve Iceman and Smallville Superman. Not sure I will be able to join but I will reserve them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Vertigo-

@morleericks said:

@major_hellstorm:

I can reserve Iceman and Smallbille Superman. Not sure I will be able to join but I will reserve them.

You actually consider smallville Superman a mid-tier? The man pushed away a planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks: No to Iceman and Superman. This won't start in a while (sign ups open in 5 days, might take a week to fill).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsenju: I have no idea who that is. I'll need feats to judge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: I want Iceman.

@blackestnight93: sshhh. People on CV consider him Mid Tier. He should fit fine.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: If characters have been on a team before, does that factor into teamwork?

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93: sshhh. People on CV consider him Mid Tier. He should fit fine.

Whomever considers Smallville superman a mid-tier either has shit judgement at placing characters on tier lists, or has no idea what he's capable of