Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter) vs Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher)

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Lord Voldemort

No Caption Provided

Geralt of Rivia

Geralt got a contract on Voldemort head, he managed to track him and find him inside Malfoy manor, but Voldemort was waiting for him. Geralt have full elixirs and other stuff fitting his preparation for a mission, he only know that Voldemort is a dark wizard of great powers and skills, extremely dangerous. Voldemort know that Geralt is a magic-user and an excellent swordsman specialized in killing dark creatures and fighting sorcerers. They start at the opposing sides of the Death Eaters meeting room. Assume that both will take the fight very seriously.

• Round 1 is novels version only

• Round 2 is composite version

Who wins ?

Hentekorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Voldemort stomps until they're like 1 or 2 meters apart.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_wspanialy  Online

Geralt blitzes and one-shots.

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm leaning Voldemort

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herculean: I mean, I recongnized if they're really close Voldemort would not win so I don't think I disagree solidly, with a distance his more powerful spells can take effect.

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maulsmacker: Yes, this is why they are at the opposite sides of this room as specified in OP

No Caption Provided

This is far greater distance than 2 meters or 1. Wspanialy is saying that Geralt can blitz from this distance, you think Voldemort stomps with this distance. (unless I am missing something)

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_wspanialy  Online

@herculean: Unless I missed something (never really read the books with VS debating in mind), I don't think Voldy (or anyone in the verse for that matter) has speed feats to suggest he can deal with Gerry.

d1111212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By d1111212

Voldemort never showed anything notable speed wise IIRC. Geralt should win if he goes for the blitz right off the bat, otherwise I can see him losing.

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy: Geralt speed is more tham wildly debated from what I have experienced and read in the site. Harry Potter characters (thanks to the movie) can be argued to supersonic range reaction speed if you take some spells showings seriously. This is the same range of speed most people from what I have seen put Geralt up to, myself included. But I know this is not a opinion every active debater with interest on witcherverse share , I have already clashed with Eredin12 about that.

Speaking for myself, I never considered Geralt to be above supersonic in reactions. Admittedly, I cannot speak for Soulcalibur version. I have zero knowledge on the game.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d1111212 said:

Voldemort never showed anything notable speed wise IIRC. Geralt should win if he goes for the blitz right off the bat, otherwise I can see him losing.

Scales above Dolores Umbridge, who is a casual arrow-timer. Also likes to abuse teleportation in combat, which is perfect for creating distance.

Voldemort wins both rounds, with R2 being closer. His magic is just too versatile, and there's nothing Geralt can do to counter the Killing Curse.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eredin12
@d1111212 said:

It is not really true that he never showed any notable speed. Spells have shown supersonic/low hypersonic speed, for example, they consistently cross dozens of meters at FTE speed, even in OG movies, in same frame where you see it being fired it hits Harry, and even with full slow motion you cannot actually see it:

No light or spell in this frame
No light or spell in this frame
in the next frame, light and spell appear at the same time
in the next frame, light and spell appear at the same time

And especially in FB movies, where they are pretty much all the time FTE from such distance while Grindelwald was able to deflect them from entire army firing at him at same time:

No Caption Provided

To be even more clear cut, they were also able to cross dozens of meters in time it takes eagle moving at full speed( 150+ KMH, it moved faster than speeding bike) to cross meter or less:

I do think that Geralt is faster , but Voldy did in fact show some notable speed feats

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Eredin12

@geekryan: Geralt/Letho not only have feats far above arrow timing, but have also blitzed arrow timers and faster characters before . I do think that HP characters have better things to scale them too, but arrow timing would not really help here at all.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By heiqn

Depends on distance, Anything above 20 meters I'd say Voldemort for both

Peverell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 isn't a stomp but it's definitely very much in Voldemort's favour. Novel Geralt only has his speed to help him here and that's just not enough. And while even this Geralt is much faster than Voldemort, he still needs to completely close the distance, which I can't see him do without video game signs - unless the fight starts at 5 feet apart without Voldemort having his wand out.

Round 2 could be a great fight since composite Geralt is an absolute monster with extremely powerful signs. It really depends on how Voldemort fights here:
If he tries to spam AK, he will definitely lose. If he realises that single target spells are pointless and abuses AoE and Apparition instead, he can win.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b439b18ae84
deactivated-64b439b18ae84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even know how Geralt would react to Voldemort if he just met a monk-like bald head motherfucker lmao

Anyway, everything in larger distances will give Voldemort a massive advantage. If Geralt find its way in close combat, then he has the main advantage on his side.

AndrewMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Scaling off wizards like newt who blocked lightning in a point blank range, i could see voldemort having at massively hypersonic+ reaction and combat speed. And his flight speed being hypersonic if we use his feat from the books when he flew from nurmengard to malfoy manor. Don't think everyone would accept this, but rowling said accio summons things in near light speed and harry and other wizards have reacted to it so they could have sub relativistic speed.

AndrewMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say this is a stomp for voldemort as he's way more versatile and even in close range, he can always apparate and counter with shield charms or aoe to blast geralt away.