pfft peacox rely on tech no match for them Kung fus

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fighting 5 people is a lot harder than fighting 2 people. Even if he could take them in smaller groups, I don't see how he wins if they all attack at the same time, too many attacks to deal with at once, especially when you have opponents that are hard to pin down like Viper and Mantis.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Greysentinel365

@foxerdes: When has Croc shown he was of the Fives caliber?

Pro tip. Don’t say as a Jade zombie.

1. Being made of Jade gave him a massive durability and no doubt striking boost.

2. He was being controlled by Kai. So it was not really even him fighting.

3. Tigress beat Croc back with no trouble while defending a child.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Cor_Tsar

@foxerdes: yeah but again, at the beginning of the fight he was dealing with ptsd. Just Shens wings were tripping him out and shen was capitalizing on the fact with mental antagonizing. However even due to ptsd and an environmental disadvantage, Po pinned Shen. I'd say getting pinned equals a loss, and shen seemed to agree seeing as he resorted to a cannon for the win, which means shen recognized he was outmatched.

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

@cor_tsar: PTSD effect is visible on screen through Shen's tail blurring in red color. Po wasn't at his peak at the time, which I always admit, but he got outmaneuvered fair and square, without Shen opening his tail to induce trauma. Po tried to attack and failed completely.

And no, being pinned down when your backs are turned does not equal loss. It has almost nothing to do with Po gaining advantage in close quarters combat and that's what we are discussing - martial arts.

Using cannon does not equal asmitting inferiority. That's more of a mind reading or fan fiction. Shen has genius level intellect and loves his guns. Why would he not use one next to him? Beside it was needed for plot/scene purpose. Shen proved that Po wasn't match for him at the time, and later on forced IP Po to run for his life.

So you're trying to argue that being pinned temporarily doesn't count as a loss but being on the ground while still defending yourself does? That's a bit of a double standard don't you think?

You've also argued that Shen could of finished off Croc and Ox at anytime when he in actually attempted to finish Croc off, who then proceeded to casually block his attack.

IIRC Shen hasn't beaten a single martial artist in Kung Fu Panda without resorting to cannons. His best feat is having the upper hand against Croc and Ox, which isn't nearly enough to put him over the combined Furious Five.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes:

1. Crock got defense boost while his impenetrable skin defense is already legendary.

You seem to be forgetting that piecing and blunt durability are two different things. We've seen Crock be hurt by normal hits just as much as anyone else.

Being made of jade indeed does give him a boost in durability. As it allows him to actual tank blunt impacts well.

On the other hand being jombified makes your moves less fluid so such exchange is rather poor.

Being less fluid is a rather subjective term. I could just as easily say that said lack of fluidity gave all the "jombies" an edge due to their moves being disjointed and hard to predict. The jombies did not lose and speed or strength. And this lack of fluidity being a hindrance is wild speculation at best.

Intelligence. Jombies are dummies prone to job and not utilize their full capabilities at times. See Shifu struggling with double dad defense or pretty much any other master.

This due to Kai multitasking to control them. Of course he can't control them all to their fullest at once. But it's dubious as to whether the controlled Croc was any better or worse than usual. It's not a usable showing.

Lack of his signature weapon. He lost it when battling Kai. Losing your weapon of choice is an obvious hinderence and being armed in combat is a huge advantage all around.

He still had his tail. Also you would have to prove that said weapon would give a sizable boost. This adds even further to fact that this cannot be use to judge Croc's base level. And certainly doe not mean you can bump him to Five levels for no reason whatsoever.

And of course fluidity of movements as stated by creators and indicated by skipped frames in animation.

Which could be just as much an advantage as a hindrance.

2. Jombified masters retained their skills. Kai cannot use so many different styles, weapons and techniques, he only commands the jombies.

Citation required. He commands their souls via chi. I see no reason why Kai could not.

3. She defended herself and got caught in an armlock once, true. The fight continued for much much longer as they were seen exchanging blows long time after that. That's also true. Crock was fighting Tigress for a prolonged time, *but*, what's important, it was considerably hindered Crock.

She beat him back easily and then continued to do so while defending the little girl. Who she even allowed to hit him as a joke and then easily defeated the lock.

Croc lasting as long as he did says more about the enhanced durability of the "jombies" than anything else.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Cor_Tsar

@foxerdes: you're saying it like getting pinned with a random weapon doesn't reflect on martial arts skills. The entire fight, Po was being affected and tigress recognized and stated that Po shouldn't be the one to deal with him due to such problems

Po started interrogating the guy, and When finally willingly complied, though he lied to gain the upper hand, it still indicates that he had lost the fair fight and wasn't able to compete. Saying it was due to plot is like saying shen didn't kill the two masters due to plot even though Shen had obviously won the fight.

Po didn't want to hurt Shen, he felt bad for the guy. you can't honestly mean to imply shen is superior to Ip Po when Ip Po handled the weapon that shen had intended to take care of kung fu. Ip Po is easily superior to Shen

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes: hmmm... whatever. I concede that Shen with blades is superior to kfp 2 Po without weaponry.

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: the rhino guy is way stronger than shifu and superceded by oogway and kai only..

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team, I don´t recall Shen being that impressive, at least not on Tai Lung level.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68 socajunkie  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Shen should lose here. Lmao at people putting him on Shifu's level. Shen struggled with Po.

Hell, the only reason Po ever wins against the big bads is hax powers like laughing off punches from Tai Lung or catching the shot's from Shen's cannon. In terms of skill and physicals, Tai Lung was clearly above Po, as he was dominating him for the majority of the fight.

Anyway,

Shifu > FF > Po > Shen

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shen gets murked

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shen gets beat. The fact that I've seen people say he is above Shifu and Tai Lung is laughable beyond words.

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 5 paths of Genos finally wins a fight

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gangorca said:

Shen gets beat. The fact that I've seen people say he is above Shifu and Tai Lung is laughable beyond words.

This

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The five stomp. Shen was struggling with Po alone

Avatar image for deactivated-5f33247f5ab16
deactivated-5f33247f5ab16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord Shen

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The five stomp. Shen was struggling with Po alone

You act like Po alone wouldn't fodderize the Furious Five like a true OP MC. In the same movie he proved to be a tier above the Five

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Shen was this capable himself he wouldn't have needed the damn cannon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f35613c544a9
deactivated-5f35613c544a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Five. Their teamwork is too much for Shen to overcome.

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By RonnyLamar

@nerfherder97: you think Shifu is higher or lower or a tie with master Rhino

Pain1017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Pain1017

I'd side with Shen IMO.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Shen was this capable himself he wouldn't have needed the damn cannon.

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Five win, Tigress is MVP.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Five. Pretty sure Po was just fighting defensively the entire fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-614da662d6bee
deactivated-614da662d6bee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Furious Five.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tigress can unironically solo.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tigress can unironically solo.

This. Shen is overrated.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 5. Tigress can potentially solo.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gangorca said:

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By A_FINE_EDITION

Tigress solos. Shen beat 2 dudes arguably on, above, or below the same level as any of the 5 members. All of them is way too much for him to handle. He could maybe, MAYBE, beat 1 or even 2 of them at a time. Tigress is really the only one with notable feats from what I remember.

I’m really surprised people are wanking him to Tai Lung level. Po is infamously inconsistent and his skill fluctuates heavily depending on his emotional state. Shen fought Po at a very low point. He was full of doubt and was looking for answers. On top of that he didn’t even definitively beat Po. He used his knowledge of the environment against him and still got cornered. Po’s fights against Tigress are clear evidence that when he’s in a funk, his skill suffers. That and the comedic nature of the movies sometimes going overboard and downplaying him.

Then in the final fight Po doesn’t even fight back, just dodging and redirecting his attacks until Shen kills himself. Shen was very clearly outmatched by Master Rhino. He admits as much. On top of that he relies on an army of wolves. He was clearly more of an emotional and mental challenge to the heroes, not a physical one (though he was still definitely skilled).

Reaper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the five. Their teamwork and the fact that Shen's durability isn't very good gives them the win imo

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really glad this verse is getting more exposure. I tried a Shifu vs Master Rhino matchup like a month ago and it didn’t really go anywhere. Anyway, I stand by my previous post. Shen could maybe take down some of the lower-tier members, but I think Tigress is definitively meant to be above him by intent and feats. She could solo this.