Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ozeol

Aragorn vs Jaime Lannister

Boromir vs The Hound aka Sandor Clegane

Faramir vs Barristan Selmy

Eomer vs The Mountain aka Gregor Clegane

Gimli vs Khal Drogo

Film/TV or book versions, whichever you preffer. It would be nice to have some posts from people who read both LOTR and ASOFAI

Mythologico4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mythologico4

I already read all of Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit books, but I just beggan reading Game of Thrones few time ago, so can't choose yet :/

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Games of Thrones, mostly due to feats. Tolkien is notorious of being very undescriptive in his books, usually leaving the details to the imaginations of the readers. Martin on the other hand, is very descriptive in his works and has more books (7) compared to Tolkien's (3). Meaning more feats and details could be said for the Game of Throne's characters.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sethlol

Going off of each character at their height demonstrated in the books/show/movies-

Aragorn vs Jaime

Aragorn probably defeats Jaime in a good sword fight.

Boromir vs the Hound

The Hound.

Farmir vs Barristan.

Depends. If Faramir has the bow then Barristan would have an arrow in his head. If Faramir had his sword, Selmy could edge out the win with his experience.

Eomer vs the Mountain.

The Mountain curbstomps.

Gimli vs Khal Drogo

Gimli. Khal doesnt have as much impressive feats as Gimli does like killing crap tons of Uruk-Hai, Wargs, and all sorts of other nasties. Not to mention Gimli has all sorts of experience in Moria, the Black Gate, Minas Tirath, etc.

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hksaru

Aragorn vs. Jaime would be a good one that I can't really tell, but either way it would be a good one

Boromir could take the Hound out shortly

dunno

Mountain would destroy Eomer

Gimli is a powerhouse up close. Drogo might win a small amount but Gimli takes the majority.

Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Charlie_Jade

i think Thrones makes this

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By darkelf35

LOTR i think 3 out of 4 fights. I think people are underestimating some of the LOTR characters in the books they killed hundreds of orcs.

Avatar image for omegathedestroyer
OmegaTheDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaTheDestroyer

@Sethlol said:

Going off of each character at their height demonstrated in the books/show/movies-

Aragorn vs Jaime

Boromir vs the Hound

The Hound.

Farmir vs Barristan.

Depends. If Faramir has the bow then Barristan would have an arrow in his head. If Faramir had his sword, Selmy could edge out the win with his experience.

Eomer vs the Mountain.

The Mountain curbstomps.

Gimli vs Khal Drogo

Gimli. Khal doesnt have as much impressive feats as Gimli does like killing crap tons of Uruk-Hai, Wargs, and all sorts of other nasties. Not to mention Gimli has all sorts of experience in Moria, the Black Gate, Minas Tirath, etc.

This

Egemensson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Egemensson

almost equal chances; but i gotta say aragorn, since he's in my top5 fictional characters.

boromir takes this. he s faster and as strong as the other guy(as you ll know if u read the books)

faramir's cool, but barristan is told to be even better swordsman than jaime and maybe arthur dayne. so, ser barristan.

eomer is not any worse swordsman than aragorn or jaime. strength alone doesn't make much sense. eomer rode alone against mumakils; mountain is not that big deal for him :)

Gimli vs Khal Drogo

dunno, maybe gimli..

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Gimli vs Khal Drogo

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed with sethol mostly:

Aragorn vs Jaime

Aragorn probably defeats Jaime in a good sword fight. (Aragorn>>Anyone else. Deal with it :p)

Boromir vs the Hound

Tough one, Boromir fighting after getting hit by arrows was good, hound maybe tougher. Giving edge to boromir.

Farmir vs Barristan.

Depends. If Faramir has the bow then Barristan would have an arrow in his head. If Faramir had his sword, Selmy could edge out the win with his experience. (Agreed with this.)

Eomer vs the Mountain.

The Mountain should take it. Eomer didn't do anything impressive. He could whistle, though. :p

Gimli vs Khal Drogo

Gimli. Khal doesnt have as much impressive feats as Gimli does like killing crap tons of Uruk-Hai, Wargs, and all sorts of other nasties. Not to mention Gimli has all sorts of experience in Moria, the Black Gate, Minas Tirath, etc. Yup.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethlol said:

Aragorn vs Jaime

Boromir vs the Hound

The Hound.

Farmir vs Barristan.

Eomer vs the Mountain.

The Mountain curbstomps.

Gimli vs Khal Drogo

thia

ryanbarnes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ryanbarnes619

Honestly, I love both of them but they are two different kinds. Martin wrote with more realism and his characters were good warriors, but not mythic heroes. Tolkien's characters are on par with legends from Greek mythology who could charge into battle and slay over a 100 enemies no problem by themselves. That is not seen in Martin's books.

Aragorn beats Lannister. That being said, Lannister and Selmy are about the only two who could stand a chance in Tolkien's world. Aragron wins because he is not even really human. Not to mention he has WAY more experience in battle and with a sword than Jaime does. If Tolkien wrote about how skilled his warriors were like Martin does, Aragorn would have mastered the sword by the time he was like 15. Not to mention he is able to take on endless amounts of foes by himself and come out perfectly fine where as Jaime had trouble fighting against Robb Stark's army.

Boromir easily defeats the Hound. Not only is Boromir stronger, but he, like Aragorn is able to take on vast numbers of foes and win. Plus that horn of Gondor would make Clegane pee his pants. If it stops the Balrog in his tracks, what would it do to the Hound?

Faramir with the bow clearly wins, no contest. I think Barristan could stand a chance with Faramir in a sword fight, although Faramir and Boromir did save Osgiliath numerous times from Mordor while being vastly outnumbered. It would be a good fight.

Eomer easily defeats the Mountain. Not only is Eomer a better rider than anyone in Martin's realm, he is able to take on foes that are much bigger than the Mountain. Like someone said about the Mumakil, Eomer rode against them and came out unscathed. I'd like to see the Mountain do that. Eomer wins hands down.

Gimli easily defeats Drogo. Not only would one axe take out Drogo's horse, but one swipe from his axe and Drogo is toast. Like I've said before, Gimli charged headfirst into droves of Uruk Hai, Orcs, Wargs, you name it and came out laughing. This guy would tear Drogo to pieces.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Team LotR

mostly

THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By THC

I have to go with Aragorn against Jaime due to vast experience and arguably superior martial arts, but it could go either way.

Hound makes short work of Boromir, I'm afraid to say. He stomps skilled, reputable knights for a living.

Selmy stomps Faramir with ease.

Gregor literally stomps Eomer.

I'd give Gimli the majority, and Drogo the minority.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By schillenger420

I'm actually going to make a case for Drogo. He never once lost a battle he was in, and fought wars since he was old enough to ride and fight. Even when he died it was via infection, not during an actual battle. It is a probably a toss up, but he's the horse i'm betting on. As for the LotR folks and beating all those orcs and whatnot.... your not talking beasts that fight all that well. They rely on numbers, not skill. The GoT folks are far more skillful than any orc.

ryanbarnes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ryanbarnes619

@schillenger420: Yeah but they were not fighting one orc. Hundreds of orcs could take out Jaime Lannister if they ganged up on him. Besides, the movies make the orcs look like nothing when in the books Uruk Hai, Orcs, etc, had their commanders and great warriors themselves. You saw what Orcs did against the regular troops of Gondor, so it's not like they were pushovers, it's just Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, etc were epic warriors.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Honestly, I love both of them but they are two different kinds. Martin wrote with more realism and his characters were good warriors, but not mythic heroes. Tolkien's characters are on par with legends from Greek mythology who could charge into battle and slay over a 100 enemies no problem by themselves. That is not seen in Martin's books.

Aragorn beats Lannister. That being said, Lannister and Selmy are about the only two who could stand a chance in Tolkien's world. Aragron wins because he is not even really human. Not to mention he has WAY more experience in battle and with a sword than Jaime does. If Tolkien wrote about how skilled his warriors were like Martin does, Aragorn would have mastered the sword by the time he was like 15. Not to mention he is able to take on endless amounts of foes by himself and come out perfectly fine where as Jaime had trouble fighting against Robb Stark's army.

Boromir easily defeats the Hound. Not only is Boromir stronger, but he, like Aragorn is able to take on vast numbers of foes and win. Plus that horn of Gondor would make Clegane pee his pants. If it stops the Balrog in his tracks, what would it do to the Hound?

Faramir with the bow clearly wins, no contest. I think Barristan could stand a chance with Faramir in a sword fight, although Faramir and Boromir did save Osgiliath numerous times from Mordor while being vastly outnumbered. It would be a good fight.

Eomer easily defeats the Mountain. Not only is Eomer a better rider than anyone in Martin's realm, he is able to take on foes that are much bigger than the Mountain. Like someone said about the Mumakil, Eomer rode against them and came out unscathed. I'd like to see the Mountain do that. Eomer wins hands down.

Gimli easily defeats Drogo. Not only would one axe take out Drogo's horse, but one swipe from his axe and Drogo is toast. Like I've said before, Gimli charged headfirst into droves of Uruk Hai, Orcs, Wargs, you name it and came out laughing. This guy would tear Drogo to pieces.

ryanbarnes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thc: How would the Hound beat Boromir? The Hound took out reputable knights, but Boromir is a hero. He is not going to lose to the Hound. Like I said earlier, Boromir defeated armies almost single handedly, did Clegane ever do that? No.

And Eomer would tear the Mountain apart. The Mountain is just a big target.

THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thc: How would the Hound beat Boromir? The Hound took out reputable knights, but Boromir is a hero. He is not going to lose to the Hound. Like I said earlier, Boromir defeated armies almost single handedly, did Clegane ever do that? No.

First, when did Boromir defeat armies single-handedly?

Second, the GoT heroes all have many feats of slaying tens and hundreds of skilled knights in combat. Sandor Clegane is considered one of the best fighters in Westeros, on league with Jaime Lannister, Gregor Clegane and Barristan Selmy, all who have cut through tens and hundreds of skilled knights in battle. Sandor isn't a soldier though, he's a bodyguard.

Boromir doesn't have a single feat on this level, and it's not even the best The Hound has to offer:

Loading Video...

@thc:

Is this a joke? What could Eomer even do?

"He's just a big target" I think you're thinking of Hodor. Gregor isn't some mindless brute. Believe it or not, his size gives him an advantage. He'd cut through Eomer's defense in a matter of seconds. No way Eomer could, under any circumstances, hang with Gregor in close combat. No feats nor speculation to consider it plausible whatsoever.

Arathorn_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Arathorn_II

Agree

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

/Thread

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Book Jaime defeats Aragorn in a really good fight but TV Jaime loses.

The Hound. Dude is a beast. He and his brother are not only huge and strong but ridiculously fast.

Barristan in his prime defeats anyone on this (including Jaime and Aragorn) list with relative ease. If this is Barristan in his prime, he defeats Faramir and Boromir at the same time. If this is 70 year old Barristan then I have to give it to Faramir in a tough battle.

The Mountain in a pretty massive curbstomp. People don't realize A) How fast the Clegene brother are and B) How hard it is to take down the Mountain

Gimli vs Khal Drogo

Gimli has a shot due to his armor but I'm going wiht Drogo

Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryanbarnes619: Absolute nonsense, Eomer is a fairly average fighter. Attacking the Mumakil isn't even a feat he tossed a javelin at its master and brought it down, just shows he has some accuracy. If he threw it at Ser gregor it wouldn't even hurt him its more likely to bounce of his plate armor which is three times thicker than normal plate armour. Also have to bare in mind that Game of thrones is more technologically advanced than lotr. Eomer dies horribly and gets stomped by the vastly superior ser Gregor.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Aragorn vs Jaimie Lannister = Aragorn

Boromir vs Sandor Clegane = Boromir

Faramir vs Barristan selmy = Barristan Selmy

Eomer vs Gregor Clegane = Eomer

Gimli vs Khal Drogo = Khal Drogo

That's just like, my opinion guys

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was a bit biased in my first post but I think the only one I would change is that Gimli should beat Drogo

Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aragon vs Jaime

Aragorn wins with some difficulty, he is faster and stronger and more experiences than Jaime. Jaime has the armour advantage but Aragorn can best him.

Boromir vs Hound

Hound wins, he is stronger and maybe faster he can cleave a man in half with his sword and he is incredibly savage and just as resilient as Bormir. Nearly killing brienne in a weakened state and slaying multiple foes at the black water as well as defeating several above average lannister soldiers at once, the hound often has the odds stacked against him and comes out on top. It will be a long fight but Sandor will win with some difficulty.

Barristan vs Faramir

Barsistan easily,Faramir wasnt very impressive as a swordsman probally above average Boromir was better with a blade. Barristan is one of the greatest swordsman that ever lived in the game of thrones world, he should defeat faramir easily using his superior skill and experience he said he could kill all the kingsguard and the hound all at once I doubt he was joking.

Ser Gregor vs Eomer

Ser Gregor slaughterstomps, Eomer is a joke compared to Ser gregor a marauding outlaw who raided the uruks unaware at night. Eomer has no feats for starters. Ser gregor stands nearly 8 feet tall and is all muscle he wears heavy plate armour 3 times thicker than normal plate, he carries a great sword in one hand and is described as invulnerable on the battle field. He would decapitate eomer and then proceed to rape his corpse as Eomer cannot do anything to stop him. Big mismatch

Gimli vs Khal Drogo

Gimli takes this, while drogo is fast Gimli has better armour and is far stronger and more durable being a dwarf, he has taken on small armies of orcs and uruks and came out on top drogo has never been defeated in combat however but is opponents were not armoured men from westeros so he wont react well to a dwarf in dwarf quality armour.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingscrewonhead: I agree with everything other than the first fight. I think it's a very close fight but GRRM tipped the scales for me when he discussed this fight.

ClassicRainbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Lord of the Rings.

Gaztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gaztacular

Aragorn is an inhuman badass and has been a sword master longer than Jaime has been alive. He wins.

Boromir and the Hound are both renowned for their great strength and stamina and seen as one of the top fighters of their nation. Too close to call.

Barriston the Bold is one of the greatest fighters ever in world that really loves to talk up its fighters, while Faramir really really is not. Selmy wins.

Eomer is a great rider, counted first among the men of Rohan. Ser Gregor is The Mountain That Rides. Mere men are almost always a mismatch. Clegane wins.

Gimili is tougher, stronger, and more experienced than Drogo could ever hope to be, plus better equipped mean the dwarf wins.

LotR: 2 GoT: 2 Tie: 1 This is a tie.

Nocturnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aragorn vs. Jamie:

Aragorn has superior feats, vast vast vast more experience, a superior/mythical sword and is Numenorean (part elf, not entirely a regular human). This is no disrespect to Jamie, he could fairly easily put down any of there other LOTR contestants, but he had the unlucky draw

Boromir vs The Hound:

The Hound is bigger, stronger and quite possibly faster. Plus, the Hound will do whatever it takes to win, including fighting dirty. After all, he is not a knight.

Faramir vs Barristan:

Sword vs sword Barristan will destroy, end of story. If faramir had his bow, well then that is a different story...

Eomer vs The Mountain that Rides

Eomer on horseback would still probably lose as the Mountain likes to cut off horse's heads in one strike. The only known way to beat the Mountain is with EXTREME speed and a long reach weapon (preferably poisoned!). Honestly I don't see Eomer winning more than 2/10

Gimli vs Drogo

Gimli's armor and odd size/fighting style gives him the win.

thats just my 2 pennies

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ozeol said:

Aragorn vs Jaime Lannister - Aragorn. 6/10

Boromir vs The Hound aka Sandor Clegane - The Hound. 6/10

Faramir vs Barristan Selmy - Barristan. 6/10

Eomer vs The Mountain aka Gregor Clegane - Eomer stomps. This is the only one I am 100% on also, Mountain did an amazing job in his fighting however Viper only lost to him due to his arrogance. Eomer is pretty fast, so I'm interested to see this fight actually happen lol. 8/10

Gimli vs Khal Drogo - Khal Drogo. 9/10

Film/TV or book versions, whichever you preffer. It would be nice to have some posts from people who read both LOTR and ASOFAI

JonnyHood15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JonnyHood15

I'm late to the party here, but LoTR characters don't ever fight anyone of note(apart from the odd few). I mean you could compare Orcs to your average mindless man swinging a weapon as hard as you can at the first person you see.

Uruk-Hai are bigger and better armored, still no training though.

GoT Characters have real feats against trained knights and fearsome warriors.

Aaron took on Lurtz and Nazgul(had scary fire!) in the Fellowship, Then holding the gate in Two Towers, then fought a dead king man and a troll in Return of the King. He is basically a god. How can he lose against a mortal man?

Although Jamie is probably the equal(or slightly behind) swordsman and has better armor, he cannot match Aargon's stamina to fight hundreds of enemies and his strength.

Boromir is a great fighter, can take on many enemies at one time and has great endurance. Although, so does the Hound. The Hound is a massive man, with great speed and a skillful swordsman(the more skilled of the two brothers). This is a bit of a challenge for the Hound but he wins this one nearly every time.

I mean he is splitting trained soldiers in half? How can you beat that?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Prime Selmy wins every single time. He is regarded as the best there ever was by many, such as Jamie Lannister, Ned Stark(and his father). Faramir better with a bow, but that is a cowards weapon. Sword vs Sword it's an easy answer.

This is a 70 year old Selmy taking on 8(and killing 7)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlDUk0MS7Qs

Both fighters meet in a battlefield both wielding swords, Mountain wins easy. No one can beat him sword vs sword, on the show the actor who plays him is 6'9 and 400lbs. In books he is about 7'11. He wears armor so heavy and thick no man could move in it let alone fight in it, his 6' long great sword requires a normal man to use both hands but he uses one. He is a knight, he is well trained(not as well as others like Jamie, Selmy etc) but his strength is just unbearable. He would usually carry a shield in the other hand also(which the TV show never showed us) which would make it even harder to kill him.

Eomer shows no feat of sword fighting, he is a fantastic rider and spear... thrower. Throw a spear at the mountain and I'm sure his shield and armor would deal with it, or his 400lb frame... The Mountain is no slouch when riding a horse also. He won many tournaments and only lost to Loras because of trickery and foul play. Mountain every time. Like Aragon vs Jamie. He is no mere man, so Eomer is no match.

Gimli vs Khal Drogo

Drogo is a beast of man with supreme strength and speed. Also brilliant in hand to hand combat. But like LoTR characters he never fights anyone of note and has no experience fighting someone with a full set of armor who is 4' tall wielding a massive battle axe...

Gimli is extremely strong and explosively quick. He is a hardened veteran of battle I'm sure Drogo would be no more than an armorless Uruk with long hair for him.

Aragon would probably beat everyone, The Mountain is stronger, but not as good with a sword, Selmy is better with a sword but not as strong or has as good stamina. The Hound would be Aargons best fight maybe in terms of strength(Hound edges) and skill(Aragon).

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LotR overall imo.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rickythanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the REAL battle: Smaug or Ballerion?!

i say ballerion.

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethlol said:

Aragorn vs Jaime

Boromir vs the Hound

The Hound.

Farmir vs Barristan.

Eomer vs the Mountain.

The Mountain curbstomps.

Gimli vs Khal Drogo

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cergic

@thc said:
@ryanbarnes619 said:

First, when did Boromir defeat armies single-handedly?

Second, the GoT heroes all have many feats of slaying tens and hundreds of skilled knights in combat. Sandor Clegane is considered one of the best fighters in Westeros, on league with Jaime Lannister, Gregor Clegane and Barristan Selmy, all who have cut through tens and hundreds of skilled knights in battle. Sandor isn't a soldier though, he's a bodyguard.

Boromir doesn't have a single feat on this level, and it's not even the best The Hound has to offer:

Loading Video...
@ryanbarnes619 said:

@thc:

Is this a joke? What could Eomer even do?

"He's just a big target" I think you're thinking of Hodor. Gregor isn't some mindless brute. Believe it or not, his size gives him an advantage. He'd cut through Eomer's defense in a matter of seconds. No way Eomer could, under any circumstances, hang with Gregor in close combat. No feats nor speculation to consider it plausible whatsoever.

I'm sorry, but i just had to log in and quote this (outdated, but still oh so silly) claim. And i _very_ rarely take my time to do so.

First off: Have you read the books, and have you grasped the contents of the books? if YES, then you may quote me back. Otherwise, read up on Boromir.

Secondly: I've read _all_ the sagas involving middleearth. I've also read _all_ the released a song of fire and ice-books.

Boromir was said to basically reclaim osgiliath himself. Clearly, it must have been a certain amount of a hyperbole in that statement, but the book states (and movies show) that Boromir takes out dozens of Armored goblins and Uruk-hais. In the books, he's described to have faced waves of enemies himself. Waves. I'd regard 10-15+ as a "wave" in close quarters, and 30+ in larger fields.

Uruk-hais are bred to a single purpose - war. They can run for DAYS and then stand and fight like crazy. They make GoT knights look like Bums and drunks, which they are, even according to themselves.

Boromir stomped numerous Uruks, and tanked some serious damage before going down when he was killed. The LOTR movies does not show how the party is attacked by HUNDREDS of wargs and wargriders below the snowy pass. Boromir was face-tanking said wargs and didn't even get a scratch. The Hound hasn't shown anything impressive compared to Boromirs known feats, both by book and the movies. Boromir was a machine, and he would ROFLstomp the hound. The hound almost got his ass handed to him by the 4 featless lannistermen that ravaged the tavern (both in the books and the movie) and we know for a fact that Boromir would cut them up like pie.

On Topic in general:

Aragorn would murder Jamie. Jamie got captured when facing a mix of knights, squires and footmen from the North, with a larger force in his back (30.000). Aragorn faced a retarded amount of Orcs and Haradrims, over 60K, with less than 6K troops. He lived, and was only in personal danger when an armored troll (capable of smashing stone walls and god knows what) duelled him. No-brainer. He's also WAY older than Jamie and possess WAY more experience but remain in his prime thanks to his Half-elven bloodline.

Boromir murderstomps the hound.

Faramir VS Barristan is leaning towards Barristan as he's clad in better armor, and only use the Sword. In any situation but a close-quarter situation, Faramir would win however.

Eomer face creatures that's bigger than the mountain and lives. Most of his feats are on horseback, so it's unclear. This is leaning towards the mountan, but again, n any situation but a close-quarter situation, Eomer wins.

Gimli would win. Drogo would die in an incredible amount of situations that Gimli laughs away.

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Obtrusive

Shouldn't boromir fight ned stark? Wouldn't that be better? Like old human torch fighting new captain America. Like green lantern fighting new dead pool.

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
SirBaronOBeefdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aragorn solos

Gorilla01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gorilla01

A lot of people don't realize that in the books the orcs were actually good fighters and were very clever being able to invent new ways to kill; also the uruk hai were skilled enough to kill lothlorien elves. And most elves could easily defeat even the best GoT warriors.and if we're talking about everything from LOTR vs everything from GoT then LOTR easily slays all because they even had a dragon large enough to sink Europe if it were to die in wich case no GoT character could kill it because it takes beings of almost god like power to kill it

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always got the impression that LOTR characters were vaguely super human (peak+), the movies seem to indicate this. The stamina of Aragorn and Gimli is ridiculous.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LotR overall imo.

Standing by what I said before.

Gorilla01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also are we not going to talk about the elven characters or beorn, bolg, azog, dwalin, or anyone besides aragorn and gimli and eomer and boromir pr faramir

Gorilla01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gorilla01

Also to face off khal drogo's men you have the men of dunland which would be an even match

Avatar image for deathstrokesrevenge
Deathstrokesrevenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aragorn vs Jamie

Aragorn wins for the simple fact is he has 40 plus more years of experience, if were taking him by the return of the king he is almost 90 and in extreme physical shape

Boromir vs The Hound

The hound would dominate at first but Boromir being of a stronger bloodline would run his stamina out of him then proceed to strike him down

Faramir Vs Barristan

Tie. Faramir wins if he has his bow though

Elmer vs The mountain

If this is one on one i have a feeling the mountain will win, but if its mounted Eomer curb stomps with no effort at all.

Gimli vs Kahl Drogo

better armor and awkward size tip the scales in his favor

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers