• 131 results
Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#1 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

Boros shows up one day and begins carving a swath of destruction on 616 Earth, much similar to how he does in OPM. There is no warning and he begins in New York City. How much does he destroy before he is stopped and how is he stopped? What sacrifices would be made?

Scenario 1: Boros alone, no help from his lieutenants or ship. People like Thor can be called in by Earth but they'll need to travel there first before engaging Boros.

Scenario 2: Same scenario except now Lord Boros has the assistance of Melzargard, Groribas, Geryuganshoop and his ship.

#2 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Edited by cromulor (2397 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Boros waiting for a challenge like he was in One Punch Man or is he just coming to destroy? If he’s coming because of the same prophecy he came for in One Punch Man then the heroes of Earth have nothing to worry about. He’s going to blow up NYC and probably all of the state of New York, then stop and wait for fighters to show up. If he’s just showing up to destroy for the sake of destroying, there’s nobody that would stop Earth from being destroyed unless they could intercept him before he started. We’re talking a matter of seconds if he really wanted the planet to be gone immediately.

#4 Posted by EdgeLord666 (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk kills him for fun.

#5 Posted by jashro44 (53197 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't Thor teleport? Assuming this is regular Thor and not current Thor (is current thor different from regular Thor? Kind of confused about that)

#6 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Honestly I was just trying to think of a way to keep Thor out of it so people didn't just go "Thor stomps GG."

#7 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

He conquers Earth or loses due to miracle.

#8 Posted by geeman2 (2006 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends, the Avengers and others are probably first on scene, along with probably members of the fantastic four. Iron Man finds a way to blast himself onto the ship and his followed by others like Vision, Spiderman and other highly mobile heroes while others like Hawkeye and Steve help with civvies on the ground. Reed Richards would be gathering intel and relaying it back to the Avengers. They might struggle with Geryuganshoops TK but they should clear comfortably until Boros.

Boros starts his monologue before members of the Avengers blast him, this takes him into unleashed and he blitzes most of them. For balance sakes stronger tiers like Hulk haven't shown up yet. Iron Man gives Boros a good fight but does get beaten down, Boros is about to use his beams to finish off the heroes before a deus ex machina happens in the form of some high tier showing up and punting Boros enough to force him into meteoric burst, lets say Hulk. Boros abuses the speed advantage to dodge some of Hulks attacks and smack him around for a bit before getting restrained by maybe Iron Man/Richards and Hulk oneshots again. Boros now goes for his final attack and attempts to planet bust, the attack smashes into Hulk and destroys an entire section of the ship. Hulk then does the same thing as Saitama does and forces the blast back into Boros which fries him and ends the battle once and for all.

#9 Posted by Gokluma (8813 posts) - - Show Bio

It's basically Hulk as Saitama against boros in a long fight

#10 Posted by reaverlation (25883 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk eats him

#11 Posted by HypeBeastCSB15 (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why people think hulk would be that big of a threat here. He's heavily outclassed in speed and versatility and might even be outclassed in strength for the start of the fight. but i'm gonna need some feats suggesting base hulk could casually swipe away a planet busting attack like saitama did. I'm a huge hulk fan, but hulk beating someone like Boros for fun is laughable. he basically shows up and stomps out the street levelers-low end top tiers before someone like Thor shows up and ends the fight. if he was going for destroying the planet right off the rip, the GG 616 earth.

#12 Edited by Gokluma (8813 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypebeastcsb15: No offense but i'm doubting boros can blow up a planet has many powerhouses like Hyperion,Sentry,Vision,Hercules,Gladiator,Dr.Strange,Dr.Doom and other working together.

#13 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Gokluma (8813 posts) - - Show Bio

@chad_duby: Yup for many moments but still say Hyperion will pwn boros in a harder way than saitama did

#15 Posted by geeman2 (2006 posts) - - Show Bio

Also if Boros is going straight for destruction nothing can stop him from destroying Earth seeing as he arrives without any warning.

#16 Posted by SmoothSanta (2478 posts) - - Show Bio

Every Marvel villain knows going to New York is where ALL the heroes are.

Hyperion probably beats him, or at least holds his own until backup arrives. Too many hax in Marvel to put him away, and there's no way he's sneaking in with his big spaceship. Hell, someone like Dr Strange would probably sense him then deal with him.

#17 Edited by TheOriginalOne (4058 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokluma: What do you mean long fight? Savage Hulk is way above Saitama in everything but speed, let alone his stronger versions.. Boros gets one-shot with a thunderclap. It eithers knocks him out or he will regen and, his best attack and be out of energy as with the Saitama fight.

At best, this fight might last as long as the Saitama fight did.

#18 Edited by TheOriginalOne (4058 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypebeastcsb15: The fact that you think Hulk still has a "base" shows you are not fan of him. He is as powerful as the story wants.

Banner has literally gone from himself to WBH on a whim....

#19 Posted by Toratorn (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Gets his ass kicked by a mid-tier.

#20 Posted by Gokluma (8813 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by HypeBeastCSB15 (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokluma: Well i was saying if he arrived unnoticed and decided he just wanted to destroy the planet, then there isn't much the heroes could do. They don't know he's there and he could do it with one attack. Plus i never really mentioned boros beating any of the people you mentioned, i was referring to him possibly beating hulk.

#23 Edited by Jko1 (3122 posts) - - Show Bio

So wait this thread is basically asking, who is the weakest character on Earth that can beat Boros and win this all by themself?

#24 Posted by HypeBeastCSB15 (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: Lol i see you everywhere downplaying OPM characters and starting flame wars. There is no way someone like Iron man puts a dent in boros.

#25 Posted by Thedailybagel (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypebeastcsb15: Hulk doesn’t have a base and that is evident given the rules of his own power set.

On that note, current Hulk would slap Boros, Saitaima and whoever else in the entire verse at the same time. Boros gets stopped here as soon as any legit high tier shows up.

#26 Posted by Gokluma (8813 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypebeastcsb15: Yup but heroes can still be in space and i'm doubting a large ship can suddenly be unnoticed by marvel's characters including villains

#27 Posted by King-Ragnar (4228 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#28 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn’t go five minutes without someone who can one shot him showing up....

#29 Edited by HypeBeastCSB15 (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: Yeah i know he gets slapped when a true top tier shows up and current hulk would body him. but his powers are still based off of his anger right? So he would need to have a base right? Or did that get changed. I wouldn't know much about how his powers work now because i stopped reading marvel comics once they went all sjw on the readers. I do know current hulk is like immortal or something, and has feats of slapping around some powerful characters.

#30 Posted by HypeBeastCSB15 (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokluma said:

@hypebeastcsb15: Yup but heroes can still be in space and i'm doubting a large ship can suddenly be unnoticed by marvel's characters including villains

good point.

#31 Posted by JOVIOLMA (6716 posts) - - Show Bio

He likely gets stomped.

#32 Posted by Gokluma (8813 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypebeastcsb15: Yup by all psychic reading his minds,aliens and others who fought many alien invasions before

#33 Posted by Toratorn (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypebeastcsb15: more like, everyone is wanking characters who are mountain busters at best (barring Saitama). Iron Man wouldn't just put a dent in Boros, he would paint the whole hemisphere with his remains. And yeah, Iron Man isn't a mid-tier.

#34 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: Out of curiosity what makes you think Boros is a mountain buster? I don't believe he's planetary or anything like that but CSRC should be solidly above mountain level.

#35 Edited by BreakOfDawn (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: He's a lot weaker (getting one-shotted by the current Hulk kind of weaker), doesn't have Mjolnir and hasn't displayed any abilities other than strength, some speed (Foster Thor moving faster than Strange can see translates to him) and lightning. He hasn't teleported, used a godblast or antimatter blast, flown on his own or shown particularly impressive durability since the latest run started.

#36 Posted by Toratorn (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@fullmetalemprah: the Moon kick.

The CSRC is all hype and its power relies completely on very generous interpretation of Boros' statement.

#37 Posted by Toratorn (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn: he did fly (or at least hover) in Secret Empire #6 tho...

No Caption Provided

Also, he is not weaker. Mjolnir wasn't amping his strength or durability or whatever. And current Hulk is simply so much stronger than before, it's not Thor who got weaker.

#38 Posted by BreakOfDawn (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: Forgot about that one. I was basing it off of ones like this:

No Caption Provided

#39 Posted by Hope_w (2834 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Stark bodies saitama

#40 Posted by Virtuozzo (940 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: He's a lot weaker (getting one-shotted by the current Hulk kind of weaker), doesn't have Mjolnir and hasn't displayed any abilities other than strength, some speed (Foster Thor moving faster than Strange can see translates to him) and lightning. He hasn't teleported, used a godblast or antimatter blast, flown on his own or shown particularly impressive durability since the latest run started.

Getting one-shot by the current Hulk is not a sign of weakness, especially considering that in the same note Thor tells us that this Hulk is VASTLY more stronger than previously which justifies and explains why he got one-shot by him. He didn't say "I am now weaker so i can't deal with the Hulk". This is still the same Thor that hurt and overpowered an amped Juggernaut. Thor hardly ever uses those abilities weather or not he is worthy, literally years and sometimes decades pass between each usage of godblast or antimater. On top of that current Thor has been without his own series for a few years now just guest starring in Jane Thors for the most part, he only started his own series recently so i am sure much more is to come even with a writer as inconsistent as Aaron.

#41 Edited by BreakOfDawn (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

@virtuozzo: Getting one-shot by the current Hulk is not a sign of weakness, especially considering that in the same note Thor tells us that this Hulk is VASTLY more stronger than previously which justifies and explains why he got one-shot by him.

I meant Cho Hulk. Hulk I can understand.

This is still the same Thor that hurt and overpowered an amped Juggernaut.

With a hammer, yes. Jugg laughed off his punches and even with his hammers it took all of the hammers to actually push him back enough for Thor to escape. Thor didn't defeat Jugg, only knock him away long enough to escape.

Thor hardly ever uses those abilities weather or not he is worthy, literally years and sometimes decades pass between each usage of godblast or antimater.

Fair point.

On top of that current Thor has been without his own series for a few years now just guest starring in Jane Thors for the most part, he only started his own series recently so i am sure much more is to come even with a writer as inconsistent as Aaron.

I hope so. I've been pretty unimpressed with his Thor so far, especially since characters like Jugg, Cho Hulk and Hulk appear to have grown more and more powerful while Thor has remained static and in some ways has become weaker. Not to mention the irony in the fact that despite having an entire comic series dedicated to showing how powerful Thor can be without his hammer, Aaron at least continues to portray Thor as being heavily reliant on his hammer for everything, from flying to fighting high tier opponents.

#42 Edited by TheOriginalOne (4058 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypebeastcsb15 said:

@theoriginalone: That was the dumbest comment I've seen in a while. That's not how that works in the slightest. Even if i humor this retarded plot based argument of yours, there still isn't a freaking plot to decide how strong he is, and a version isn't specified, so yeah, it's base hulk. So don't come at me questioning whether or not i'm a fan just because i'm not an idiotic fanboy such as yourself.

Dumbest comment??? Child, do you know anything you are talking about?? If the version is not mentioned, we take the most current AND THAT IS IMMORTAL HULK, WHO WILL ONE SHOT THE WHOLE OPM VERSE.

But go on, humor this, I AM WAITING. Show me base hulk? Because I can show you a freshly transformed hulk, tanking attacks from Thor, a calm hulk tanking attacks from Thanos, a weakened Hulk taking attacks from gladiator, a cal, hulk tanking attacks from Emma Frost WITH HALF THE PHOENIX FORCE. I can literally keep going.

I will say this again, these is no defined "base" for Hulk anymore, HIS POWER DEPENDS ON THE PLOT. So no, you are not a fan, you are a wanker.

#43 Posted by Toratorn (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn: lol. Not only he forgot that he can fly, but he is also afraid of some stone spikes. Looks like some extreme PIS to me, tbh.

#44 Posted by TheOriginalOne (4058 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokluma: The funny thing is, Savage hulk can beat Saitama and Boros at the same time while holding back.

#45 Posted by Gokluma (8813 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by BreakOfDawn (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: It's the main reason why I view current Thor as a lot weaker. This is like the third time he's been terrified of something that his older versions would have laughed at. Aaron's genuinely lost his marbles with Thor in recent years.

#47 Posted by TheOriginalOne (4058 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: Yeah i know he gets slapped when a true top tier shows up and current hulk would body him. but his powers are still based off of his anger right? So he would need to have a base right? Or did that get changed. I wouldn't know much about how his powers work now because i stopped reading marvel comics once they went all sjw on the readers. I do know current hulk is like immortal or something, and has feats of slapping around some powerful characters.

You literally admitted here you don't know shit. This "base" you are talking about changes with storyline. That is why we use version, instead of base. This is not classic hulk we are talking about.

#48 Edited by Eeef (2124 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk beats him to death.

#49 Posted by Toratorn (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn: eh, everyone has low ends and PIS showings. Don't really see this as a good enough reason to claim he is weaker now than he was before. Didn't Thor fight BRB and Jane Thor and did fine against them despite being unworthy?

#50 Edited by BreakOfDawn (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: BRB barely fought back and Thor was in the all-powerful plot device warrior's madness at the time. As for Foster Thor, she was not only holding back when he was not but she also wasn't as experienced as she was near the end of her time as Thor. Thor right now seems to have more low-end showings than he does any noteworthy showings. The only exception to this I can think of is OKT, who's actually gotten a power boost (going toe to toe with the Phoenix, which is currently galaxy level in size alone).