• 134 results
GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GoldKing

We all saw what happened during the fight between Loki and Captain America. Cap was trying his best, but Loki took his best like it was nothing special.

How do you think a similar fight would go down between Loki and the Winter Soldier?

Remember when Cap punched Loki in the side as hard as he could with no affect? What would a full powered punch from Winter Soldier's metal arm accomplish? What if he got ahold of Loki by the neck with his metal arm?

Loki with Staff and Winter Soldier with shield.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Stormdriven

Winter Soldier was a bit slower than Cap, since Cap was able to land more hits and dodge more hits than Bucky was. So the outcome between Bucky and Loki would have Loki coming out on top. Don't get me wrong, Bucky kicked @$$, but if Cap can't do anything to Loki, Bucky won't.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Loki

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki easily Hulk and Thor may be able to throw him around but characters like cap have almost no chance without any weapons

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: @stormdriven:

I figured the metal arm would give him at least a little bit of a strength advantage over Cap. If Cap's punches didn't work, I thought perhaps Winter Soldier's arm might cause Loki to wince a little bit.

Loki could palm Cap's punch, but could he palm a punch from the bionic arm?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By mickey-mouse

@goldking: Loki wins 10/10 in an epic mismatch. The fact that Hulk slammed him around and Loki didn't require serious Asguardian medical attention is all you need to know.

Plus the Staff gave him soul rape abilities. He can just turn Winter Solider into his slave.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking: It wouldn't phase him in the slightest

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GoldKing

@lukehero:

I agree with your claims, but my only concern is if Loki didn't get a chance to try and turn Cap into his slave, what makes you think he'd have a chance to do it to Bucky?

The Winter Soldier is nearly as fast as Cap and arguably stronger (albeit not by much). But his arm was sure able to tear through stuff unlike anything we've seen Cap do with his bare hands.

Plus, with no morals and orders to waste Loki, or steal his scepter.... it'd make for an interesting scenario IMO.

The shield on one arm, and a bionics on the other makes him doubly dangerous. At least a bit harder to defeat than Cap.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking: He didn't turn Cap into his Slave, because he didn't want to(It wasn't part of his plan to get aboard the Shield Helicarrier). Loki could have easily used one of his misdirection techniques, snuck up behind him, and turned him into a slave. I love what they did with the movie, but Bucky was no where near on Caps level(I can explain if you want). Winter Solider does well in most of the movie because he is carrying serious heavy duty armaments. With just the Shield and his Arm? Loki pwns him with ease. Keep in mind Loki has had decent showings vs Thor.

Just to have a chance vs Loki, Winter Solider, would need his rifle with grenade launcher & several other weapons like the explosive balls & magnetic explosives he used in the film, and Cap's Shield.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GoldKing

@lukehero:

Sure, I'm interested to know what you mean about Bucky not being on Cap's level.

Based on what you've said though, my guess is Winter Soldier probably tries to take him on head-on, but when he realizes how tough Loki is, he runs away and comes back later with a sh*t load of additional weapons to try and blow Loki to hell. But even then, I don't think they'd be of much use. Loki gets knocked down, but it doesn't hurt him.

My whole thing with this match up was basically wanting to know how Loki would deal with Bucky's arm. Especially if Bucky gets a good grip on him, or smacks him hard with it. Because in the film they make it out to be a pretty serious hardcore heavy duty item. I mean, every time he smacked the shield with it, it sounded like an explosion of thunder that was gonna rip apart the movie theater. (Which I found to be a bit confusing because the arm was basically just man-made robotics, probably not a whole lot different from what Iron Man employs.)

Why did they make his punch out to be so epic against the shield, yet when he punches Cap in the face, it wasn't all that affective......a single punch should have knocked his head clean off and splattered it)

DarthDalek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki starts blasting Bucky with his staff. Bucky dodges a few shots and reflects one with his shield. Then he uses his grappling hook to rip the staff clean from Loki's hands and proceeds to pummel him with the staff, which presumably has the power to KO a Frost Giant.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki starts blasting Bucky with his staff. Bucky dodges a few shots and reflects one with his shield. Then he uses his grappling hook to rip the staff clean from Loki's hands and proceeds to pummel him with the staff, which presumably has the power to KO a Frost Giant.

I somehow don't see that happening.

Loki wins this with relative ease.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mickey-mouse

@goldking: Don't want to beat a dead horse, but there is literally nothing the Winter Solider can do to Loki with just his arm & Shield. Nothing.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Two Things to keep in mind:

We've only seen 1 Brand Name Asgaurdin get killed so far, Thor's Mom, who was killed by another magical foe, who probably had a magic sword.

Keep in Mind, Loki is toying with Ironman & Cap. Their attacks don't even really hurt him, just knock him down. He wanted to get onto the Helicarrier, that was his plan for Avengers.

If Hulk didn't put Loki into the Hospital, what is Winter Solider going to do? Not much.

Spoilers: Non Cap 2 Movie Watchers, Winter Solider was no where near Caps level in fighting.

In their last fight, Cap didn't even want to fight winter solider & he pwns him. He puts down his shield, breaks Winter Soldiers non metal arm, and chokes him out to make him drop the computer chip. This alone shows Cap is Superior. This doesn't hurt WS standings as a whole though, because WS did well against Black Widow and forced her to use the EMP, and he pwns the Falcon.

WS was strong, but just having clear super strength in one arm is limiting, now he had some pretty powerful kicks, but nothing that brings him to Cap Level. Cap after getting shot 5 times, especially the one right in the gut, by a 9mm hand gun? He lifts a 10 ton steel beam off of Winter Solider.

In the fight in the street Winter Solider had a crap load of guns, and explosives plus Cap was more concerned with protecting Widow than beating Winter Solider.

The Shield really won't help Winter Solider that much vs Loki as an offensive weapon, because he doesn't know how to use the shield like Cap.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman
theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@goldking: Loki wins 10/10 in an epic mismatch. The fact that Hulk slammed him around and Loki didn't require serious Asguardian medical attention is all you need to know.

Plus the Staff gave him soul rape abilities. He can just turn Winter Solider into his slave.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki stomps.

Also, can't Loki create those illusions?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I wouldn't say that, Steve had a better weapon, his shield. You can't read someone's body movement from behind the shield. Combat is about predicting your opponents strikes by looking at their body language.

When Steve didn't have the shield he had a lot harder time fighting Bucky.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mickey-mouse

@slimj87d: Yet, he still pwns him without it. Until WS has more showings in Cap 3 or Age of Ultron, Cap is vastly superior.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GoldKing

@lukehero:

Sort of off-topic, but with regard to a scene in the movie...

How the heck was Batroc able to stand toe to toe with Cap for those few moments in the beginning? I thought Cap was gonna one-shot him, but he just kept coming and coming, and basically matched Cap blow for blow for a hell of a lot longer than I thought he would, or should. I was scratching my head the entire time, because Cap should be able to effortlessly handle even a grand master in martial arts (regular human). But Batroc just wouldn't be put down.

What's up with that?

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Omniscience

Cap did put some work in... the punch he gave Loki made him flinch... a full out direct punch from the metal arm of the Winter Soldier would probably put Loki on his ass. However whether the WS will get that opportunity is limited... without some good fire power, there's little chance for him.

Loki 7/10.

Omniscience.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mickey-mouse

@goldking: Nothing was wrong with it. I'll explain.

A lot of these movie showings are based on who is playing the character(Can the actor really fight like Wesley Snipes-Blade or St Peirre-Batroc), who the stunt man is, and who the fight choreographer is. Since St-Peirre is a real fighter, that improves his character's stats right off the bat, so it's no surprise Batroc can stand toe to toe with a no shield cap.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omniscience: I highly doubt his metal arm punch would do much, after Cap refuses to fight him, he gets several free shots on cap & can't even knock him out.

Hell even Hulk couldn't knock Loki out after thunder slamming him several times. Loki has taken direct blasts from Ironman. Loki has been body slammed by Thor. And once again, Loki was toying with Cap, he wanted to Cap to think he was doing well, give up, and get onto the Helicarrier.

Loading Video...

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Veshark

@goldking said:

@lukehero:

Sort of off-topic, but with regard to a scene in the movie...

How the heck was Batroc able to stand toe to toe with Cap for those few moments in the beginning? I thought Cap was gonna one-shot him, but he just kept coming and coming, and basically matched Cap blow for blow for a hell of a lot longer than I thought he would, or should. I was scratching my head the entire time, because Cap should be able to effortlessly handle even a grand master in martial arts (regular human). But Batroc just wouldn't be put down.

What's up with that?

Figured I'd drop my two cents on this scene:

The way I interpreted it was that Batroc was like his comic-book counterpart here - he had an unpredictable fighting style that Steve hadn't anticipated. When he ambushed Steve in the beginning, you see Cap getting hit several times. That was because Cap was taken by surprise, and hadn't adapted to the fighting style just yet.

But once Cap gets used to it by the 0.22 mark, you see that Steve is able to either parry or dodge every single one of Batroc's strikes. After getting hit the first few times, Cap quickly learns and adapts to his foe, and counters every move. Every one. Steve even tosses Batroc aside twice before he drops the shield.

It's not that 'Batroc just wouldn't be put down'. If you rewatch the scene again, you'll realize that Batroc wasn't that impressive.

Here, you can rewatch the clip again (SPOILERS).

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mickey-mouse

@veshark: I still think he was very impressive. The point of the scene isn't that Batroc wasn't impressive, but that Cap is way better. Which is also my point with WS vs Cap. WS is awesome and was kicking all types of ass, but CAP is way better. The movie shows Cap is just better & you can start to see the training, the experience, and the strategy all start to pile up. Plus the way he uses his Shield very creatively he starts to feel like the real 616 Cap.

Thanks for the clip :D. Thanks for the 2 cents.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@veshark: I still think he was very impressive. The point of the scene isn't that Batroc wasn't impressive, but that Cap is way better. Which is also my point with WS vs Cap. WS is awesome and was kicking all types of ass, but CAP is way better. The movie shows Cap is just better & you can start to see the training, the experience, and the strategy all start to pile up. Plus the way he uses his Shield very creatively he starts to feel like the real 616 Cap.

Thanks for the clip :D. Thanks for the 2 cents.

No problem.

Well, I believe that...especially for a peak-human, Batroc did give a pretty solid attempt against Steve. Plus, don't forget that even after Steve rammed him through the door and whipped his butt, he still recovered after a few minutes and was up and running again. Not bad for an ordinary human.

But I just don't want people to get the wrong idea about this scene. I remember when I first came out of the theater that it also felt like Batroc did really well against Cap. But when I went back and rewatched the clip, I learned that he didn't do as good as I thought. He got a few licks in at first, but once Cap bounced back, Batroc was screwed.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Yes, he was screwed because, Cap has more experience , has super strength & speed, and is overall more talented, so Batroc being able to hold his own even for only a while is amazing since he was 0 enhancements. I just think Cap showed in a legit way, he is the best H2H fighter in the Marvel Movie Verse right now, Batroc comes in 2nd, and Bucky comes in 3rd. Of course Bucky would beat down Batroc just like Cap did, because he has Super Human abilities & Batroc has none.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@lukehero said:

@veshark: Yes, he was screwed because, Cap has more experience , has super strength & speed, and is overall more talented, so Batroc being able to hold his own even for only a while is amazing since he was 0 enhancements. I just think Cap showed in a legit way, he is the best H2H fighter in the Marvel Movie Verse right now, Batroc comes in 2nd, and Bucky comes in 3rd. Of course Bucky would beat down Batroc just like Cap did, because he has Super Human abilities & Batroc has none.

Once it got serious and the, 'fight proper' began, Cap trounced him all over the place, that's not to say we shouldn't consider Batroc skilled for his display, but the status he garnered by having the upper hand was amost immediately altered when Cap literally embarassed him in skill.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@veshark: @lukehero: Actually, you know what? Crossbones is the most skilled guy in the MCU.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kyrees

damn, so many spoiler blocks XD

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mickey-mouse

@veshark: @rogueshadow: No, Crossbones did pretty good for himself, he's not that skilled in the MCU. I have a strong feeling he will reappear, & be amped & more skilled in his next showing. They show him being alive, so he'll be back in Cap 3 and/or Avengers 2.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@lukehero said:

@veshark: @rogueshadow: No, Crossbones did pretty good for himself, he's not that skilled in the MCU. I have a strong feeling he will reappear, & be amped & more skilled in his next showing. They show him being alive, so he'll be back in Cap 3 and/or Avengers 2.

Cap 3 seems more likely. And in the elevator scene he owned Cap.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Veshark
@lukehero said:

I hope he comes back with the mask! It's perfect, since his face got burned. As for H2H...can't remember too much beyond getting trounced by Cap in the elevator, though he did put up a decent fight against Crossbones...y'know, before the Helicarrier crashed into the Triskelion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does everyone think because Loki threw Cap on the ground he won the fight? Seriously. When that happens in boxing or UFC the bloody fight doesnt end. The fight was inconclusive and given Lokis huge superhuman stats Cap did exceptionally well. In terms of Skill Cap and Buck trounce Loki and if his durability was lower they ciuld beat him handily

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cregan_Stark

Loki wins easily

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By those_eyes
Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow He held his own decently against Cap in the elevator but only because Cap was being restrained by nearly half a dozen guys and Crossbones tagged him multiple times with those stun rods only to get hilariously overpowered seconds after. He did smack around Falcon pretty good. Other than that, I think both Bucky and Natasha are more impressive than him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Yo.. you know the guy who beat Falcon in H2H? Was that Crossbones?!

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Veshark

Brock Rumlow? Yeah...well, he's Bones' civilian identity.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rogueshadow  Moderator

@i_like_swords - Yeah it was.

@veshark@nox_arc- From what I remember, when it was just the two of them left, Crossbones was beating him, he tagged him loads of times with the stun weapons, it was only Cap's stats that won it for him, not his skill.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark@nox_arc- From what I remember, when it was just the two of them left, Crossbones was beating him, he tagged him loads of times with the stun weapons, it was only Cap's stats that won it for him, not his skill.

Not really. He tagged Cap twice, and then Cap tossed him to the roof of the elevator. It's not exactly what I would call an impressive skill showing, particularly as Cap had already been a) electrocuted multiple times, b) fought off a dozen SHIELD agents and c) the magnetic cuff thingy, so it wasn't exactly a fair fight. Cap at that point was already a little weakened.

You can view the scene here.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Nox_Arc

@rogueshadow From what I remember, they never got into an actual fight. Crossbones constantly tagged him with the stun rod at every opportunity and whenever they were caught in a grapple. He took advantage of Steve being preoccupied by the other members of the hit-squad, who he dispatched with hilarious ease. Almost everyone in that elevator seemed petrified to attack Cap and hence ambushed him against the wall with their first priority being to pin his arms back. If anything, it was more impressive how Cap handled himself in the enclosed space, completely unprepared.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Nox_Arc

@veshark Kaboom. Thanks for that clip. Absolutely epic showing for Cap. He gets pinned with everyone either trying to restrain him or constantly punch him to wear him down. We can even see Rumlow laying back the entire time until Cap either dropped him or everyone else in the elevator. Rumlow has nothing on him.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does everyone think because Loki threw Cap on the ground he won the fight? Seriously. When that happens in boxing or UFC the bloody fight doesnt end. The fight was inconclusive and given Lokis huge superhuman stats Cap did exceptionally well. In terms of Skill Cap and Buck trounce Loki and if his durability was lower they ciuld beat him handily

You honestly think Steve had a chance against Loki? Even in skill, Loki is just as good if not better.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rogueshadow  Moderator

@veshark Yeah, it definitely wasn't as impressive as I remembered it being, I recalled it being better than that for some reason. But still, you've got to think, Cap's stats dwarf his, and if he'd had a knife rather than those stunning devices, Cap would have been done.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

You honestly think Steve had a chance against Loki? Even in skill, Loki is just as good if not better.

No he's not.... Loki has been beaten in fights by Thor in hand-to-hand who is significantly worse than Cap in skill. Cap landed several solid hits on Loki during their fight that would have hurt if Loki had equal durability. Not to mention Cap actually has martials art training. Loki is not near Cap in martial arts skill by Winter Soldier and you have zero evidence to show why.

Cap could destroy Loki in a purely hand-to-hand or weapon fight if Loki had lower durability.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@i_like_swords said:

Brock Rumlow? Yeah...well, he's Bones' civilian identity.

@i_like_swords said:

Yeah.

@i_like_swords - Yeah it was.

Ahhhh.. I thought he was cool but I didn't think he was an established character. I need to seriously brush up on my Cap xD

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rogueshadow  Moderator

@i_like_swords I'm hoping for a one shot with the blu-ray including Crossbones and Sin.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Rebel_Leader1

Loki

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow If the situation were the same with knife, it probably would've been in those circumstances with almost any Shield agent. But, it's fair to note that Cap took multiple gunshots and a stab wound from Bucky in the final fight and still continued to fight normally.