LoK: The Beifong sisters replace Desna and Eska in P'Li's Prison Break scene

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 anthp2000  Moderator

Lin and Suyin Beifong replace the twins in this scene against Ming Hua outside the North Pole. They need to restrain or kill her to prevent her from breaking out P'Li. They have their standard gear. Can they do it?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 anthp2000  Moderator

@deathhero61 @darthfallax @foxerdes @major_hellstorm @arcus1 @amendment50 @gothamciti @geekryan @tektonic @metaljimmor

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Ming ever showed enviromental waterbending?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 anthp2000  Moderator

@darthfallax:

You mean at a huge distance? Cause she did use environmental waterbending to flash freeze Desna and Eska in this very scene.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 anthp2000  Moderator

@darthfallax:

Ironically, I don't think she has. Although she logically shouldn't have problems doing it.

How much of a difference would you say that makes here?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Not sure, but any edge is important. Though someone like Katara or Unalaq would have the edge of being capable of bending the ice below the sisters, putting immense pressure on them. Even on a more neutral location I´d favor Ming-Hua for a huge majority against either of them, but these two have pretty good teamwork, and together have spamability to pressure even someone as fast as Ming-Hua herself. I think her lack on on-screen Ming-Hua really brings Ming-Hua down (as much as you can bring down a Top 10 bender anyways), though her last attack against Mako is just insane in everything. Honestly, if she does something similar in this fight, she could possibly bullrush one of the Beifongs, and then deal with the other, but otherwise I find it more likely that the sisters get a lucky hit than Ming taking both at once in CQC.

Of course, defeating the duo isn´t the samre as freeng P´li, but it seems more IC with Ming to fight these two IMO.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Omg a LoK post!!! YAY

As DarthFallax said, the sisters have great teamwork. They won't go down as fast as Desna & Eska did and they'll put up a fight, but I do think they will lose for a majority (9/10). The environment heavily favours Ming, and all they can do is use the earth below them or the metal they have on their armour.

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never watched Korra past season one but holy crap that was intense

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 anthp2000  Moderator

@darkbiscuit:

Season 2's weak, I personally stopped watching on my first run of the series, but S3/S4 are masterpieces, an d this fight scene in particular is one of the best in the series too imo.

Krystalak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feel like either one could solo even in that environment.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One beifong can draw fire while the other uses their armor plate to restrain her the instant there's an opening.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

North Pole? Oh Ming Hua is going to DESTROY them lmao.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hard to say. I don't know if they can keep Ming-Hua down for very long if they do catch her because she can bend without arms anyway. They can't remove her bending by binding her limbs like you can a normal waterbender, and metalbenders seem mainly trained to capture and restrain. Meanwhile Ming-Hua can freeze her way out of metal holds.