xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By xan84

Thor's hammmer

To get to the speed of light you need infinite energy going faster then light would make you go back in time. These are all theories/equations from Einstein  that are accepted by the science comunities at large. What you blive matters not.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Silver2467: 

that comes from simple enrgy being aplied to an object. if energy is aplied to an object therefore giving the object speed it you aply lets say the largest number you can think of times as much energy as was origianally aplied the object would gain great speed now lets say you apliied the largest number you could think of times the second amount of energy it would gain far greater speed if you simply repeated multiplying the energy eventually you would reach light speed and then surpass it.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By xan84

I am not sure what you said there but i think you are refering to the fact that you need infinite energy to move something to the speed of light because at the speed of light that object has infinite mass so you need an infinite amount of energy to move it. Now going above the speed of light get's you back in time aka it can't be done. Also going at those speeds is going to create time dilatation problems. That is why peeps are thinking at a way to get faster then light somehow but not going faster then light, like let's say WARP in star trek. 

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Xan: 

I don't really see a poit to continueing this debate since  

A) some of those laws of physics obviously don't apply in comics (exeeding the speed of light being impossible) (reguiring infinite energy) (making the object infinetly durable) (it causeing time travels) (giving you an effect on gravity) etc. 

and  

B) this is a Lobo vs BRB thread and Lobo is absoulutley no where near light speed so this argumeant can't be aplied to him
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By xan84

Thor's hammmer

True on both points but the thing is i was going off topic :P I know it had nothing to do with Lobo (we where talking about Superman after all). Still the laws of physics do apply in comics as long as some event does not contradict them like superman going FTL, we are going to asume here he somehow is able to do it but we are going to asume as he get's to light sped his mass increases, hell its even stated in the pic i posted. 
This one: 

So what i told you about mass=density and durability do have a corelation to the comics. So yes him going close to light speed would make his mass increase dramaticaly (as said in the comic) and therfore him doing that is way easier then taking a Supernova or 2 planet falling on him :P or hell 1 planet blowing up. 
So bottom line is some physics do apply in comics and its enforced even by the editors.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Xan: 

umm ok
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107  Edited By ComicStooge

Ass face wins here...
Vynjira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Vynjira
@The Mango said:

" @Vynjira: 
And does that one panel say the landscape of Neptune? As in the gas giant Neptune? LOL. "

Read the first scan the Moon was destroyed weeks ago Moon 4747 off a Gas Giant near Korugar.

for an object to be considered a 'planet':
  1. The object must be in orbit around the Sun.
  2. The object must be massive enough to be a sphere by its own gravitational force. More specifically, its own gravity should pull it into a shape of hydrostatic equilibrium.
  3. It must have cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit.

The Mango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By The Mango

@Xan said:

"

The Mango  

Err no. Try trowing a bullet at something then shoting it. Going faster means whatever you hit its easyer to pierce. You can think even about flash'es IMP (infinite mass bunch) its the same thing.

Now if let's say i am going at light speed (somehow i can do it) and i hit a steel door that door is going to feel to me like its made ouf of nothing (not even paper). Because speed = mass. Also i gave you an explample how small things can go trough way harder objects in a tornado and come out intact. 

"
Well if you throw a bullet you won't pierce anything but the bullet will remain solid. If you shoot it the bullet will explode into pieces. This is what I'm saying. You have proof that the mass temporarily gained from speed adds to durability?

@Vynjira said:

" @The Mango said:

" @Vynjira: 
And does that one panel say the landscape of Neptune? As in the gas giant Neptune? LOL. "

Read the first scan the Moon was destroyed weeks ago Moon 4747 off a Gas Giant near Korugar.

for an object to be considered a 'planet':
  1. The object must be in orbit around the Sun.
  2. The object must be massive enough to be a sphere by its own gravitational force. More specifically, its own gravity should pull it into a shape of hydrostatic equilibrium.
  3. It must have cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit.
  "
  I agree with you on what makes a moon, I didn't argue about that. But I disagree with you that there is anything but the very slightest chance for these moons to be earth size. None of the moons in the solar system are more than three percent of the mass of Earth.

Oh and I was laughing at what they called neptune in that panel. LOL what were they thinking?
Zaterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Zaterra

Superman beat thor 

Lobo

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By the darknessss

lobo cause he is 100 times cooler than the thor bum ripper.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Hellos

@Zaterra said:
"

Superman beat thor 

Lobo

"

A completely different character beat another different character in a cross over = Lobo wins. Cool 
Hell Bill has beaten Thor before in something that is actually canon to Marvel, not to mention is busting out great feats on his own involving a slap of his hammer bringing people through planets and also tanking people slamming into him to destroy said planet in a large explosion while holding people down.

@the darknessss said:

"lobo cause he is 100 times cooler than the thor bum ripper. "

Another one of those moments, that totally makes sense. 

I applaud the people actually making arguments with one another other than just saying who they like wins.
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By the darknessss
@Hellos:
most kind!!
csimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By csimon

If Lobo could still create copies of himself from a single drop of blood, Lobo would have this in no time, it would be over before BRB even knew what was going on, but he does not have this power any more, But he still can regenerate from a pool of blood or from a drop of his own blood. 

But come on guys it taks a bad dude to kick the crap out f every one in heaven and in hell .. BRB over the years has steped up his game.and any way you look at it we all win in this one it would be a good fight but I feel Lobo can Just as easily    KO BRB as he him self can get KOed. The man goes toe totoe with Superman he can and will last in a fight with Bill   
The Mango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By The Mango
@the darknessss said:
" lobo cause he is 100 times cooler than the thor bum ripper. "
Incorrect. At least Bill is a ripoff of a character in the same universe, unlike Lobo who's just a lame Wolverine ripoff.
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By the darknessss
@The Mango:
i guess it a matter of opinion then,lobo cool to me,brb cool to u,,im cool with that.
Random Bucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Random Bucket

this is the most scientific debate I've ever read

Random Bucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Random Bucket
@The Mango said:
" @the darknessss said:
Incorrect. At least Bill is a ripoff of a character in the same universe, unlike Lobo who's just a lame Wolverine ripoff. "
lol lobo is only like wolverine in that he has a healing factor just like many other heroes, villains, and anti heroes.
TheDEMON!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By TheDEMON!

Bill

TheDEMON!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By TheDEMON!
@Zaterra said:
"

Superman beat thor 

Lobo

"
That was not canon rread a comic.

Bill tried to take on Galactus.
Avatar image for american_dragon
American Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By American Dragon
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:

" I think I'm going to go with a stalemate. Why? Well, I'm going to use ABC logic. Thor and Supes are equal match. Thor and BRB are an equal match. Lobo and Superman are an equal match. Therefore Lobo and BRB is an equal match. Sounds stupid I know, but I don't really see anyone winning. Superman hasn't beaten Lobo so Idk if BRB is going to beat Lobo. But Idk really see how Lobo is going to do anything to BRB either. "

No,  Thor is Inferior to Superman

Just as Beta Ray Bill is inferior to Lobo 
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Hellos
@American Dragon said:

"No,  Thor is Inferior to Superman  Just as Beta Ray Bill is inferior to Lobo  "

Wow your impressive use of scans and undeniable evidence has really won me over.
American Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By American Dragon
@Hellos said:

" @American Dragon said:

"No,  Thor is Inferior to Superman  Just as Beta Ray Bill is inferior to Lobo  "

Wow your impressive use of scans and undeniable evidence has really won me over. "
I try, I try

Facts are facts

there`s nothing like a scan to prove an argument and win over the masses : )
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Hellos
@American Dragon said:
@Hellos:

"

The Mango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By The Mango
@Random Bucket said:
" @The Mango said:
" @the darknessss said:
Incorrect. At least Bill is a ripoff of a character in the same universe, unlike Lobo who's just a lame Wolverine ripoff. "
lol lobo is only like wolverine in that he has a healing factor just like many other heroes, villains, and anti heroes. "
Are you kidding? Lobo is exactly like wolverine, just more powerful. He's a sarcastic, violent, "badass" no-nonsense killer with a biker style and an amazing sense of smell. Lobo is an extreme parody of wolverine, like Deadpool is an extreme parody of Deathstroke. Not saying that being a parody character is bad, because I love deadpool, but it's a fact.

He's even got a similar name, Lobo means wolf.
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By BattleMage
@The Mango said:
" @Random Bucket said:
" @The Mango said:
" @the darknessss said:
lol lobo is only like wolverine in that he has a healing factor just like many other heroes, villains, and anti heroes. "
Are you kidding? Lobo is exactly like wolverine, just more powerful. He's a sarcastic, violent, "badass" no-nonsense killer with a biker style and an amazing sense of smell. Lobo is an extreme parody of wolverine, like Deadpool is an extreme parody of Deathstroke. Not saying that being a parody character is bad, because I love deadpool, but it's a fact. He's even got a similar name, Lobo means wolf. "
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Freefa11

Well, as long as people are actually bringing science into this... 

K= mc^2[1/(1-v^2/c^2)^(1/2)-1]. I don't know how much Supergirl is supposed to weigh, but let's say 150 lbs= 68 kg (obviously she looks like she weighs a lot less, but who knows). 

The scan of her smashing into that moon says she was traveling at v= 0.998c at the time of impact. 

Doing the math, this would mean she'd have a kinetic energy of 9.0624E19 Joules. A one megaton explosion has 4.18E15 Joules of energy, so she was traveling with a kinetic energy of about 21.658 gigatons.

That's pretty impressive, but I believe destroying the earth requires a minimum of about 10^15 megatons, or a trillion gigatons of energy, so if the numbers on the scan are correct, then it would have indeed been a tiny moon, and she would not be even remotely near to earthbusting levels. 

Relativity is a "theory" to about the same extent that the external universe universe actually existing is a "theory." All attempts to disprove relativity have failed, while all of the major predictions it makes, that I am aware of, have been verified at this point, in some cases with extremely high precision. 

For those going on about "infinite mass," you might want to consider that something with infinite mass would also have an infinitely strong gravitational pull. All matter and energy in the universe would instantly be accelerated to lightspeed, all converging on you. Of course, at the same time you would cause an infinitely strong gravitational time dilation effect throughout the entire universe. Basically, all space and time would be immediately destroyed. 

Of course, as pointed out, comics tend to overlook this little detail. Can't imagine why. 

Uh, and what's this about the sun not producing nuclear energy? The sun supports itself against gravity via nuclear fusion. That's how heavier elements are made in the first place. Maybe you meant something else, but the sun absolutely produces nuclear energy. Pretty much all the energy we get from it is generated by nuclear processes.

As for Lobo. Well, I've got to agree with others on the comparisons to Superman being odd. I've never actually read any of their fights, but it just never made sense to me that Lobo could stalemate Supes. Sure he could be stronger and tougher. But he's never struck me as being particularly fast, and he can't fly and has no long range attacks. Supes should be able to essentially nuke him from orbit, if he really had to. For that matter, I have seen Lobo take on Green Lantern(s), and those fights also make little sense to me. The GLs have great range on their energy attacks. The idea that none of them think to engage Lobo from more than about 30 ft away just makes them look stupid. Or blitzing and tossing him out into space or something. BRB should be capable of doing the same, except he (and Thor) have always struck me as being far more comfortable (as well as versatile) with their long-range energy capabilities than Superman. 

Edit: Somehow forgot the squareroot in the equation, which cuts her energy significantly, although it doesn't really affect the main point that she wasn't anywhere near earthbusting.

Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@American Dragon: There is no proof that Thor is inferior and BRB is equal to Thor in everyway. Listen, as you can see by my AVY. I'm a pretty big Lobo fan. And even I'm saying that he wouldn't beat BRB. I don't think he would lose, but he wouldn't win.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By xan84

Freefa11

Nice post and its true. The thing is you can't get to the speed of light because you need a infinite amount of energy to do it, you left that part out :P So Sups has somehow a infinite amount of energy :D. Now Superman can get at the speed of light and get infinite mass but somehow nothing "blows up" explanation is simple for Flash is the speed force, for superman its comics. Also Superman going even half the speed of light and time dilatation problems should come into play but they never happen. He IS Superman after all right ? Also with infinite mass he should get infinite density right ? Nothing could stop him :D

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Xan: 

but bill and Thor are both FTL aswell?
The Mango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By The Mango
@Xan said:
"

Freefa11

Nice post and its true. The thing is you can't get to the speed of light because you need a infinite amount of energy to do it, you left that part out :P So Sups has somehow a infinite amount of energy :D. Now Superman can get at the speed of light and get infinite mass but somehow nothing "blows up" explanation is simple for Flash is the speed force, for superman its comics. Also Superman going even half the speed of light and time dilatation problems should come into play but they never happen. He IS Superman after all right ? Also with infinite mass he should get infinite density right ? Nothing could stop him :D

"
Clearly they don't actually have infinite mass, and superman and other speedsters obviously don't have infinite energy. The speed of light is just a number in comics, there's nothing special about it it's just the speed that light goes. The real world rules obviously don't apply at all.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By xan84

The Mango

Well they say in the comic that Sups is not going light speed this time, he is just going to stay under it. So perhaps is something there. How about the IMP (flash). I gues that is just a name but its obvious the editors do belive in infinite mass its just they ignore how powerfull it could realy be.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Freefa11

Edited my post. Missed a squareroot in the equation, so Kara's energy is actually only around 22 gigatons. 

The main point of my post was just that she didn't have earth-busting power, at least not there. There's a lot of hyperbole about Superman destroying planets, but I'm not sure it has ever really been shown. Normally this wouldn't bug me, but it can be annoying in DBZ vs. threads where DC fans will smugly claim Goku never busted a planet and all the statements saying he can don't count as feats, while assuming Supes can do it easily even though he never has either. But I digress. 

My point on infinite mass is that the effects would be a lot greater than seemed to be presumed in previous posts. Sure, he'd have infinite density, but he'd never run into anything because time would no longer pass. Even ignoring time dilation, his infinite mass would accelerate everything else to light speed as well, so everything would have infinite mass and density. The universe would be seriously FUBARed. 

Of course, it obviously works better for comics to ignore this, and I generally assumed that they just took a simpler, Newtonian kind of approach to things, but then Flash's IMP and the Shadow Moon thing throw a bit of a monkey wrench in that. Basically, relativity applies as long as it's cool to throw it in. 

What's funny is the Shadow Moon thing kind of misses the point anyway. It's not like extra mass magically comes out of nowhere when you go fast, it's that going fast requires an enormous amount of energy, and by mass/energy equivalence, also an equivalent amount of mass. Superman would be the one supplying the extra mass just by gaining the power to go so fast, it wouldn't be given to him by some sort of Relativity Fairy.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Freefa11:
 lol at Realativity Fairy
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By xan84

Thor's hammmer

Thor and BRB are not FTL. They can use there hammers to travel at FTL speeds. So the corect way of saying that is there hammers are FTL and they can travel with them.  
To say they are FTL they would need FTL reaction times and the ability to actualy move under there own power at FTL speeds. 

But yes if Thor uses his hammer to go light speed fast and hit something the end result would be the same as if Superman would hit it.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Xan: 

I'm sorry I don't have the scan but Thor has swung his hammer faster than light witch would require him moving his entire left arm faster than light
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By xan84

Thor's hammmer  

i actualy remember that but i don't remember the details, if you can find the scan we can debate on it more. That scan was from classic Thor and he wes using that to time travel or create some temporal effect i don't remember for sure ( i remember debating with someone about this some time ago). The way i remember Thor was not moving his hand in a circular motion and more holding the hammer from the rope thing that comes out from the bottom and the hammer was moving in a circular motion probably by himself. But even if his hand was moving in a circular motion one can debate that the hammer was moving his hand. So for Thor to have a feat that is clear light speed/FTL he would have to move something that is not attached to his hammer.  
Still if you find the pic we can take a closer look because i realy don't remember the details but even so that was classic Thor. I never got to see Curent Thor speedblizing anyone.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Xan: 

current Thor is a jobber
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By xan84

Thor's hammmer 

i know that but we use curent versions unless the op states we are using a X version of the caracter. I actualy hate what they are doing to Thor right now but what can you do ...

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Xan: 

well technicaly there was no retcon so classic Thor and all his feast were technically done by current Thor just a long time ago when he had the same powers all those feast are still 100% canon
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By xan84

Thor's hammmer

Well technicaly perhaps not but you if can at first outrun a plane but then got problems running as fast as a car should say something (not about Thor just a comparison). For me to belive Thor can still do those things that he was doing some 20 years back (or whatever) i am realy gooing to need to see him doing it in curent comics.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Xan: 

agreed I'm just saying technically he according to contibitey should still be the epic power house he once was  
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Logic Mark III

Beta Ray Bill easily. Up close Beta Ray should be able to push his hands through a guy who isn't always bullet proof and has been taken out by dropping a wrecking ball on his head. 

Then of course there is BFR, G-blasts, infintey vortex etc 

Oh and Beta Ray Bill has never been raped in the butt by a gang of normal humans, wheras poor old hobo has.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Logic Mark III said:
" Beta Ray Bill easily. Up close Beta Ray should be able to push his hands through a guy who isn't always bullet proof and has been taken out by dropping a wrecking ball on his head.  Then of course there is BFR, G-blasts, infintey vortex etc  Oh and Beta Ray Bill has never been raped in the butt by a gang of normal humans, wheras poor old hobo has. "
So, your saying Lobo gets raped even know he has taken on heroes more powerful than Beta Ray Bill?
Zaterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Zaterra

Thedemon, no really? Thanks mr. obvious, but still happened. You read a comic noob.. 
the  Hellos kid, who said anything that being automatic my friend? Thor is overrated at times

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Hellos

@Zaterra said:
"

Thedemon, no really? Thanks mr. obvious, but still happened. You read a comic noob.. 
the  Hellos kid, who said anything that being automatic my friend? Thor is overrated at times

"

I'm the Hellos Kid now huh? Saying Thor lost to Superman in a crossover that wasn't even canon for Marvel justifies a win for a completely different character against a different character doesn't at all hold up in my eyes as a argument.

Just about every character is overrated on these boards.  
Not to long ago you had thread after thread putting Bane up against Juggs and the Hulk, thread after thread mentioning Bugs Bunny as some unbeatable omnipotent character when a turtle has owned him, Batman as completely unbeatable with prep and so on(You can find a rediculous thread with one user preaching how said characters they like are god, Klandicar being a big example of that). 
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hellos said:
"
@Zaterra said:
"

"

I'm the Hellos Kid now huh? Saying Thor lost to Superman in a crossover that wasn't even canon for Marvel justifies a win for a completely different character against a different character doesn't at all hold up in my eyes as a argument.

Just about every character is overrated on these boards.  
Not to long ago you had thread after thread putting Bane up against Juggs and the Hulk, thread after thread mentioning Bugs Bunny as some unbeatable omnipotent character when a turtle has owned him, Batman as completely unbeatable with prep and so on(You can find a rediculous thread with one user preaching how said characters they like are god, Klandicar being a big example of that).  "
Yeah, even I did it. When I first started I said Nova could beat Superman. Oh, how naive I was, lol.
American Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By American Dragon
@Hellos said:

" @American Dragon said:

@Hellos:
No Caption Provided

"

No Caption Provided
"

No Caption Provided
Zaterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Zaterra

Mr. Hellos, I was merely stating that at times people overrated others. Although that wasn't canon, obviously both DC and Marvel agreed that Superman would win if that happened but in spite of that. I see what you're saying, I will say Lobo here but to each his own.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By xan84

Planet whacker 3000 when you cant frag your target frag the hell out of his planet, in this case the planet they are fighting on. 

Lobo wins.