Hammer Brothers

Thor's Gear

• Mjolnir

Beta Ray Bill's Gear

• Stormbreaker

Rules:

1. Random Encounter
  2. Standard Equipment
  3. Battle begins at initial setting, but can end up anywhere.
  4. DC characters are pre-Flashpoint; Marvel characters are their standard/current 616 selves.
  5. Win by death, KO, or incapacitation (NO BFR).

Setting: London

No Caption Provided

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hm. Interesting fight.

I'll wait a bit on this one, specifically for @joygirl, because I think Etrigan could be the deciding factor on this one.

Jmarshmallow

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think Lobo and Etrigan.

Owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Yeah, nice fight. I don't think Lobo could take out either Thor or Beta Ray Bill himself, just in the sense that they have wider ranges of abilities, plus strength and durability in his same range. But he could keep either one very busy. (Of course this is ignoring BFR which would be boring.)

Etrigan, however, could conceivably win. His strength and durability, when shown at his best, is also in the same range and he has a pretty good range of powers. I'd say he'd probably go about 50/50 with either of them. It's hard to say, because he uses magic, and magic is always an unknown quantity.

So in the end I guess I'd go with Thor and Bill by a small margin, under the assumption that they are equal to Etrigan and more powerful than Lobo.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The brothers cannot put down Logo team 1 wins pretty easily.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themagicstik:

Cool cool. I was about to say!

Aside from brute strength (and that ridiculous regen), what does Lobo bring to the table to stop Thor? I think BRB has beaten Thor twice, so he's a slight notch above the son of Odin. But what can Lobo do to truly stop Thor, who MAY rival him in strength, but also flys, utilizes lightning AND wields Mjolnir?

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hegemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and BRB are more versatile, and Lobo has a major disadvantage being earthbound, though he matches either of their raw power, but Thor's sheer striking power gives them the edge.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

Current Thor is a weak link.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Lobo has his bike which is FTL and can destroy planets.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By VenomousTaco

@themagicstik: pssh. Wolverine solos lobo.

No Caption Provided

Thor and BRB are more versatile, and Lobo has a major disadvantage being earthbound, though he matches either of their raw power, but Thor's sheer striking power gives them the edge.

Spazfrag 666 is Lobo's flying space bike. He's not earthbound.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Oohh yay, I'm the Etrigan expert now! :D I've earned dis. But yeah I feel like he can probably take this with Lobo's help. His versatility is nearly unmatched.

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Etrigan and Lobo, Both have a great experience as a team, they're like god buddies. Lobo has some great feats and has shown a lot of strength he could resist the harms of BRB and Thor no doubt about that. Etrigan for me is the deciding factor, he can go toe to toe against Lobo in terms of strength and is a elemental being, his magic is really powerful, that would change the battle, and Team 1 would win.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themagicstik: I know, is that considered standard though? He doesn't use it too often.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobo is a regenerating brute..he brings nothing else. Team 2

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order: Don't you think you're underestimating the Main Man just a little.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venomoustaco: No I really don't. You have two characters hear who strike harder than him and are just as durable, not to mention bringing versality. What exactly is he bringing other than dead weight for Etrigan?

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order: Well for one, he has consistently fought Superman to a stand still and even beat him at times. Also, unlike your regular "brute," Lobo is actually very fast, capable of speed blitzing even Superman. Furthermore, although Thor and BRB are both in his strength class, he still edges them out. For example, he's managed to pull a star with "stellar mass" despite a lack of leverage. He also possesses a certain degree of versatility (granted, not innate to him) thanks to his weaponry*. His arsenal contains planet-busting attacks that will no doubt prove useful in this battle.

That's just a couple of things of the top of my head. I hope it's enough to convince you that Lobo is at least on par with Thor.

*I listed his gear in the OP.

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jas0
reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobo a weaklink?Get that sh!t outta here

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Etrigan and Lobo are practically invincible.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: It is standard gear. He usually has it with him. Besides, for the purpose of this fight, I listed the gear each character has.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team one.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Leaning towards the hammers on this one. Together they bring too much.

@joygirl What can Etrigan do that makes him more versatile than those stupid hammers? Just magic?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hammer Bros

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jas0
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@pokeysteve: He has access to primal mystical forces, he's a elemental being, and he can change his hellfire. There are a bunch of other things, but I'm lazy to find them.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hammer bros get hammered

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spazfrag not standard? Uhwha?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@jas0 said:

@pokeysteve: He has access to primal mystical forces, he's a elemental being, and he can change his hellfire. There are a bunch of other things, but I'm lazy to find them.

First scan isn't really a feat but cool info. Look at the company he has there haha.

Second scan won't be useful in this fight since I doubt Thor and Bill have much evil to burn.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@pokeysteve: Teleport, create illusions and decoys, buy and sell souls, manipulate matter, summon/bind spirits, amazing use of glamour, oh, and the ability to send people back in time. And even that's just scratching the surface....

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themagicstik:

Cool cool. I was about to say!

Aside from brute strength (and that ridiculous regen), what does Lobo bring to the table to stop Thor? I think BRB has beaten Thor twice, so he's a slight notch above the son of Odin. But what can Lobo do to truly stop Thor, who MAY rival him in strength, but also flys, utilizes lightning AND wields Mjolnir?

Besides being banned from the afterlife and not really being able to put him down, not to mention strength that has pummeled Superman. Regen and Strength..... Wait, doesn't that sound like a certain green someone who Tho has never beaten?

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dre_Savage

@oni_bane:

Unless completely invulnerable to physical attacks, folks that aren't Supe's level in speed shdould NEVER beat Supes (like Hulk) Supes should be able to blitz Hulk and Lobo with a million punches before they inhale. He's THAT fast.

And yeah, I know about his ridiculous regen and durablity feats. I just figured Thor was built better.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By VenomousTaco

@dre_savage: Well, Lobo has speed blitzed Superman before. Although he's not as fast as Superman, he's definitely faster than he gets credit for. Plus he's got all those wonderful toys to use.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane:

Unless completely invulnerable to physical attacks, folks that aren't Supe's level in speed shdould NEVER beat Supes (like Hulk) Supes should be able to blitz Hulk and Lobo with a million punches before they inhale. He's THAT fast.

And yeah, I know about his ridiculous regen and durablity feats. I just figured Thor was built better.

Okay but I think we can all agree her, that Supes speedblitzing isn't an in character trait. Also it takes him a few moments to get going that fast.

Anyways back to the battle at hand.....Current Thor is the weak link here. Seeing as how he isn't wielding Mjolnir. Honestly Lobo and Etrigan take this pretty handily. I believe Etrigan to be the most well versed in magic giving them a huge edge.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dorukesin

etricut

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane: Okay but I think we can all agree her, that Supes speedblitzing isn't an in character trait.

Highaccuser has got many scans of Superman blitzing over at the Unpopular Battle opinions.I'd say him going for the speed-blitz is in-character.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jas0

@pokeysteve: The modified hellfire is just a cool thing, here are some cool infos and feats:

No Caption Provided

He's a masochist, the pain he receives is like pleasure for him (that's why he's a brawler and doesn't use much magic)

No Caption Provided

Darkseid recongnizes his power

No Caption Provided

Can teleport himself

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Defeated Yog Sogoth, one of the most powerful beings in the H.P. Lovecraft's universe

Scans of his battle against Lobo are here and also when he sent Superman back in time http://www.comicvine.com/etrigan/4005-7367/forums/respect-the-demon-753742/

Defeated Cthulhu w/ Aquaman

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Sadly, I don't have the scans of him battling against the Sentinels of Magic (people say he was amped w/ the Stonehenge and was winning, until they turned him to Blood)

Blackdog2009 said in a post

Etrigan once toppled the triumvirate that ruled Hell. In effect he became the sole ruler of Hell. He killed his father Belial the lord of lies, mercilessly tore his heart out. Etrigan once was deemed too unruly, too wild even for Hell's standards. Lucifer himself did not want him around! Even Lobo found Etrigan a handful.

Etrigan powers:

Invulnerability, has gone toe to toe against the likes of Superman, Lobo and WW. Magic, he can cast spells, turn people into animals, hypnotize them, erase their memory, create illusions. Clairvoyant. Immortal. Shoot energy beams with hands. Grow demon wings. Super strength. Breathe magical, hell fire. There's more but really, Etrigan is mostly limited only by Jason Blood's good morals.

(I don't have the scans to prove this, but it seems accurate).

Etrigan will have a role in Swamp Thing Annual 3, here's a recap of Etrigan's role in New 52 Swamp Thing Capucine is a girl who asks ST for the Sanctuary of Green Leaf, which means, protect a person from something (one of the past avatars created this). She used to live in a French island which was constantly attacked and to protect the island some priests have done a bargain, 3 kids would have 1000 years of life, more strength and speed. Capucine is the only one alive of the 3 kids, and she shall be Etrigan's serf. The only creature she's scared about is Etrigan and asks ST his help

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/swamp-thing-2011/swamp-thing-annual-3 for more information, :)