Lizard vs Captain America (movie versions)

• 89 results
Matt-Murdock5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They start 75 feet apart.

Random Encounter.

Win by any means except BFR.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lizard because I don't think Cap can put him down for good.

Matt-Murdock5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lizard GODSTOMPS. And that's saying something because movie Cap had some wicked feats. But Lizard (both comic and movie), had much better physical capabilities.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lizard.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lizard. Too fast. Too strong.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WarBlade539

Did Lizard have any durability feats to suggest he can tank a full-force Shield-Throw, you know the one that ripped through the hull of a Quinjet? I haven't watched ASM since it first came out so my recollections of the movie are vague at best lol.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap chucks a motorcycle at him...

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

cap

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap for now.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lizard curbstomps

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator
WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539: Getting hit by Spider-Man who can lift cars but also overpowering him. Also has instant regen the minute he loses an appendage.

Loading Video...

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WarBlade539

@darthaznable: Let's go by ASM 1 feats only, okay. Because I think we can both agree that Peter received a substantial speed, strength boost in ASM 2 and the Spidey that Lizard fought was not nearly as powerful as the one that Electro fought.

Is Lizard fast and strong? Undeniably, yes. But so is Cap. He has the speed and durability to hang with him long enough for the Shield to do major damage. And can Lizard tank the Shield? I think not because a casual throw was sufficient to pierce the hull of an armored Quinjet. A full-force Shield-throw has a good chance of decapitating Lizard.

And there is a massive difference between cutting off an appendage and decapitating. Lizards can survive getting decapitated for a while, writhing in pain, before they die. They cannot however regen a new head. And movie Lizard has shown nothing, by my recollection, that he can regen a new head or tank a full-force Shield throw.

Just my two cents.

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539: You forgot Lizard's limb regeneration, Cap has no real way of killing him. The only way Spidey won was by using the cure, he didn't actually beat Lizard in a fight directly.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539: You forgot Lizard's limb regeneration, Cap has no real way of killing him. The only way Spidey won was by using the cure, he didn't actually beat Lizard in a fight directly.

Can Lizard survive a decapitation? Regenerating a head is different from regenerating a limb? And can Lizard tank a full-force Shield throw? If not, then Cap takes his head off.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lizard

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Hmm lets see here... The Lizard vs a slower and weaker opponent than the one he was dominating.

Lizard stomps.

Anything the Lizard has done to suggest he can tank a full-force Shield-throw that can take his head off? Anything at all?

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap Would win. The MCU version of Cap is amazing

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Connors

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Lizard guts him.

Capfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Capfan85

Cap could win, he has the shield he could target the lizards knee take out a knee then go for a quick follow up shot... that shield is vibranium combined with Caps strength and reflexes is a dangerous weapon

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539: You swayed me. A Captain America who comes in tossing his shield with intent to drop a quinjet instead of just KO a guy wins.

Otherwise he may get overwhelmed.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By w0nd

@matt-murdock5:

@WarBlade539 said:

Did Lizard have any durability feats to suggest he can tank a full-force Shield-Throw, you know the one that ripped through the hull of a Quinjet? I haven't watched ASM since it first came out so my recollections of the movie are vague at best lol.

he healed instantly from paint blank shot gun shots. So the shield probably would do some insane damage. Would he stay damaged is the question. Maybe cap could manhandle him or something, and cut his head off with the shield.

The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_knight_rhoden said:

Can Lizard survive a decapitation? Regenerating a head is different from regenerating a limb? And can Lizard tank a full-force Shield throw? If not, then Cap takes his head off.

How about we flip it over, has Cap ever decapitated someone with the shield? I don't think so, the only reason he managed to breach the hull of a quinjet with his shield was because it was solid and far more rigid compared to a human neck and flesh. Lizard's flesh and skin aren't as rigid as the quinjet's but are much tougher than a human's. Cap has never decapitated someone with his shield before, and in New York when facing the Chitauri he threw his shield at full force at one of them, and it still didn't decapitate the alien. Cap's breaking/cutting feats with the shield have only ever occurred against metal.

Lizard isn't simply going to stand around and say "Oh here you go Cap, have a go at my neck." He's going to deflect the shield like Loki and The Winter Soldier did, and considering how his reflexes are comparable to the latter two, I'd say that's exactly what's going to happen. Cap's going to try throwing the shield at Lizard, and Lizard is going to bat it away, leaving Cap shieldless for the rest of the fight, and thus an even bigger stomp than the one previously thought of ensues.

P.S: Don't try to use the "Cap got his shield back after throwing it at TWS" argument, because we all know that Cap hit TWS's metal arm, and has never been shown to get it back after hitting an organic.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@WarBlade539: Or he can just dodge it, or slap it out of the way.

Everyone thinks people are going to stand there lol.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_knight_rhoden: Let's do this in phases shall we:-

1. I do not understand the first part of your argument. You're saying Cap was able to breach the Quinjet armor because it's solid and much more rigid than human flesh but that's somehow reason for him to not be able to pierce living-matter? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Why wouldn't Cap be able to pierce skin and flesh when he has been able to do so to material much tougher? A full-force Shield throw has a very good chance of going right through Lizard's skin unless you can give me durability feats to prove otherwise.

2. As for why Cap wasn't just tumbling around decapitating people. Intent, plot....does that answer your question? Obviously Cap is not going to use decap-throws against normal soldiers, that's just not part of his m.o.
In the Avengers, Cap's intent was to capture Loki for interrogation, not bring his head back to Fury in a silver-platter. Also Loki's durability is leaps-and-bounds above Lizard, not even comparable. As for Bucky, in TWS' finale, Cap's intent was to insert the chip and stop the Helicarriers, not to kill him. He was focusing on the former, not the latter. It's a pretty logical assumption considering the nature of their relationship.
Oh and Cap's shield has returned back to him after hitting organics. If you would recall the final half of TWS when the Shield was ricocheting back to him after hitting Hydra soldiers.

3. Reflexes? What has Lizard done to prove that his reflexes are close to that of Loki or even Bucky? Please don't say 'he was able to keep up with Peter'. Peter was not remotely as fast in ASM 1 as he was in ASM 2. Plus he was running circles around Lizard in terms of speed and the only way Curt was keeping up with Spidey was through his strength and durability.

Conclusion:- I'm not insinuating that Cap's going to stomp Connors 10/10. But the opposites not going to happen either. This battle has a very good chance of going either way. If Cap sees that he's facing a massive monster and doesn't know that it's actually a scientist, there's a very good chance that Steve can end the fight right there via Shield-decapitation. He has feats against much harder material than flesh and bones to suggest that it's very much within the realm of possibility.
If the battle prolongs, Lizard guts him.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jimmy_Rustler

Cap isn't equipped to handle a threat like ASM Lizard.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539: You swayed me. A Captain America who comes in tossing his shield with intent to drop a quinjet instead of just KO a guy wins.

Otherwise he may get overwhelmed.

Thank you kindly. ^_^

The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539: I admit that the wording on my first argument was rather flawed, the point I was trying to get across is that Cap has only ever had cutting/destroying feats with the shield against METAL. Cap has NEVER caused dismemberment/decapitation or even cuts to people using his shield. He can't decapitate or even dismember lizard with his shield because the shield was never designed for cutting through organics, when TWS threw the shield at Cap Cap grabbed it using both his hands, and there was NO visible injury whatsoever to his hands, even though he grabbed the rim of the shield which is supposed to do the cutting.

I admit I was wrong on the shield not bouncing back from organics, but the point is that the shield simply can't decapitate Lizard, it might not even cut him. In the Avengers when Cap has to save a bunch of cornered civilians, he throws his shield pretty hard at one of the Chitauri, and even then it DOES NOT cause it to get decapitated. You can't use a feat for the shield which we haven't seen.

I agree, Lizard's reflexes may not be comparable, but it still doesn't change the fact that Cap has no real way of killing him, without some prep or access to the cure, or access to some liquid nitrogen, in a random encounter Cap simply won't be able to do much to Lizard.

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap chucks a motorcycle at him...

ya cuz there will be a bike just conveniently lying around lol i am sure lizard would rip that bike to shreds.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lizard should win. Maybe Cap can kill him if the shield decaps him. Other than that, his regen was ridiculous. Other than that he was speed and strength to hurt cap.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lizard eats him

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

With Morals On/In Character would Cap just go straight for Decap? I think we are overselling that option. I no longer think this is a stomp. But, the Lizard isn't stupid and could raise it's arms to block the shield. It could grow back limbs am I right? So anything less than decap or a massive head shot isn't gonna put it down. I think Lizard is too much for him.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pfft. Maybe if Lizard just stands there like an idiot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lizard stomps. lol at people making this sound debatable.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Coming into this thread I'm doubting that Cap's first moves while morals on would be to throw his shield with enough force to pierce a Quinjet at his foe.

Luke summed it up nicely in post 43. I agree with what he says.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite Cap's recent showings in trailers and the like, I think Lizard is a bit too much for him. Especially morals on.

devinwifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lizard stomps. lol at people making this sound debatable.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539 said:

Pfft. Maybe if Lizard just stands there like an idiot.

He has virtually no reactionary feats that I can think of, that suggests otherwise.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: @thetruebarryallen:

Well, the OP didn't specify the morals of the combatants so I'm assuming what Cap would do if he sees a massive, reptilian creature charging at him. Also, that was my point as well, that the only way Steve can bring home a victory is by Shield-Decapitation. If the battle prolongs, Dr. Connors is having some Super-Soldier for dinner.