DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DarthAznable

Who jobs the most?

Edit: Didn't read full OP. I think Lizard has better stats or at least better durability.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BeaconofStrength
Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who jobs the most?

I think Beast does. So probably Lizard.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Thewhiteronin

Beast's stats are very impressive on paper, but he loses too much against normal street levelers (unfortunately). I'll take Lizard for the win here.

EDIT: I didn't fully read the OP. Beast has prep (I'm not sure of his prep feats), and he also has a home advantage. He could possibly win here, but I'm not too familiar with what he's done with prep.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine008

Lizard wrecks.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7 god_spawn  Moderator

Beast.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast.

I'm assuming you're going with Hank due to prep? Would you mind educating me on what he's done with prep before?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@wolverine08: It's not necessarily with what he can do with prep more so that it is the home field advantage and access to everything in the mansion while knowing how to operate it. So just something simple from defense turrets that the Lizard passes a laser grid to detect. He can stay in the Danger Room, which has hard light holograms for training purposes but can be doubled for defense. The lawn itself being a Krakoa that has eaten enemies, or tries to. Hank wouldn't win straight up, but he can sure put himself in a position to win in a place that he has not only lived for 15ish years, but a lot of that stuff he has also designed.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kgb725

Lizard

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gosh darn it how many people are gonna ignore the bottom half of the OP. Hank can take it if he can set up strong enough defenses in the X-mansion.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux Isn't gonna let me live this down that I defended Beast.

Shamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beasts telepathy is enough to distract lizard for the final bloe

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By laflux

@laflux Isn't gonna let me live this down that I defended Beast.

Eh......

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way

Redmonkeyssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Lizard stomps.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great battle. Wuld be better.withoutprep

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast. Without prep, Lizard smacks him.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I'd say Beast only has a chance due to the location. Even then, Lizard is way faster and if they don't start in or near something like the Danger Room Hank may not make it long.

In a neutral location, Lizard hammers him.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

on paper beast is stronger isn't he? lizard lifts like 11-12 tons wee beast gets up 25. as far as feats go... beasts will have a hard time but he can win if he is aggressive and smart. with prep its definitely beast

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

on paper beast is stronger isn't he? lizard lifts like 11-12 tons wee beast gets up 25. as far as feats go... beasts will have a hard time but he can win if he is aggressive and smart. with prep its definitely beast

Lizard is at least a 30 tonner, probably more nowadays. He's always been way stronger than Spider-man.

Beast may win with prep but he'd get wrecked in a random encounter.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei said:

@hyperlight said:

Lizard is at least a 30 tonner, probably more nowadays. He's always been way stronger than Spider-man.

Naw, current Lizard is around a 15 tonner. Where he's ridiculous physically is in terms of speed. He was blitzing Spider-Man in their last fight.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei said:

@hyperlight said:

Naw, current Lizard is around a 15 tonner. Where he's ridiculous physically is in terms of speed. He was blitzing Spider-Man in their last fight.

Really? I could have sworn he was a 30 tonner in the most recent handbook. Even classic Lizard was ragdolling Spidey with one arm.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hyperlight

@shenkuei: I don't think he is a 30 tonner, he isn't that much stronger that spidey just more aggressive and ferocious

@wolverine08 I could buy the 15 tonner attribute though

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wolverine008

@shenkuei said:

@wolverine08 said:

@shenkuei said:

@hyperlight said:

Really? I could have sworn he was a 30 tonner in the most recent handbook. Even classic Lizard was ragdolling Spidey with one arm.

Naw, his current handbook said he's capable of pressing 12 tons.

No Caption Provided

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei: really?! I would love to get my hand on the recent handbooks ( I a big stats guy). where did you get it?

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: That can't be that recent, since it doesn't have anything related to "Shed". Which is where the Lizard was recently rebooted. His abilities got changed a lot.

I remember him being rated at 12 tons but I didn't put too much weight into those old handbook entries. They also rated Venom at 11 tons. I think the idea was that they were meant to show they were "slightly stronger then Spider-man" rather than be really accurate measurements.

In fact, I also remember (classic) Lizard stalemating Stegron who is a 25 tonner. Post-shed Lizard is supposed to be stronger IIRC.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: Just going by what I've heard. I could be wrong.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei said:

@wolverine08: That can't be that recent, since it doesn't have anything related to "Shed". Which is where the Lizard was recently rebooted. His abilities got changed a lot.

I remember him being rated at 12 tons but I didn't put too much weight into those old handbook entries. They also rated Venom at 11 tons. I think the idea was that they were meant to show they were "slightly stronger then Spider-man" rather than be really accurate measurements.

In fact, I also remember (classic) Lizard stalemating Stegron who is a 25 tonner. Post-shed Lizard is supposed to be stronger IIRC.

It is recent. It mentions how Connors committed a bank robbery to purposely get himself captured, which happened during the earlier parts of Dan Slott's Amazing Spider-Man run, where Lizard got the Shed upgrade, and the attribute that was increased most by the upgrade in question was speed, he went from being a problem for Spider-Man, to blitzing him with only Peter's skill letting him close the gap present. Lizard has never really been portrayed as being physically stronger than Spider-Man rather than being somewhat close.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dondave

Beast due prep

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: So I guess it's from slightly before "Shed" then.

He's definitely stronger than Spider-man. At least the older version was. He was matching Stegron in strength for one. I also remember Pete frequently commenting on how much stronger Lizard was than him and getting curbstomped by Lizard in most of their fights. He usually used the Lizard's weakness, ice/cold, to beat him. Or injected him with something to reverse the transformation. In one of their fights Pete had to get rescued by the X-Men IIRC. I can't recall him ever beating Lizard in a straight-up fight.

And this was with Connors fighting against the Lizard as much as possible to hold himself back from hurting Peter (post-shed this doesn't really apply any more).

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei said:

@wolverine08: So I guess it's from slightly before "Shed" then.

He's definitely stronger than Spider-man. At least the older version was. He was matching Stegron in strength for one. I also remember Pete frequently commenting on how much stronger Lizard was than him and getting curbstomped by Lizard in most of their fights. He usually used the Lizard's weakness, ice/cold, to beat him. Or injected him with something to reverse the transformation. In one of their fights Pete had to get rescued by the X-Men IIRC. I can't recall him ever beating Lizard in a straight-up fight.

And this was with Connors fighting against the Lizard as much as possible to hold himself back from hurting Peter (post-shed this doesn't really apply any more).

Naw, the bio is from about a little after Shed occurred considering the bank reference. I'm not sure about classic Lizard, but current Lizard post shred hasn't been portrayed as stronger. It's been his speed that has been getting most of the focus.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: It doesn't mention his telepathy or anything though. I don't know.

As far as current Lizard getting more of a focus on speed I agree. I don't know if that means he has been weakened in strength though. Classic Lizard was slightly slower than Spidey so maybe they wanted to show that's not an issue any more?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 Also that bio's from 2004, it's pretty outdated. Not to mention Peter himself stated that Connors as is a strong as three Spider-Men.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers