Posted by The_Magister (13972 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Live-action: MCU Melinda May vs CW Oliver Queen - Who is more agile and acrobatic? (36 votes)

Melinda May 50%
Oliver Queen 50%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by Amcu (16674 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like is May. I'm probably forgetting some feats for Oliver though.

#2 Posted by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

Certainly Oliver

#3 Posted by rogueshadow (29266 posts) - - Show Bio

Oliver is actually quite acrobatic when he wants to be, he just doesn't implement it all that much, but May is still more agile/acrobatic.

#4 Edited by Ta-er_al_Asfar (386 posts) - - Show Bio

The wank for mcu is just too much. Oliver has been targeted by turrets with auto targeting while already locked in him , dodged and caught arrows with his back turned, performed kick flips while in a Fight and hitting a USB port with an arrow at the same time. Causually dances around people shooting with automatic weapons instead of taking cover and Melinda mays fight scenes are laughably stiff. She's a 4ft 5 Asian woman in her 50s. Stop acting like they even film scenes believable that makes you think she's more agile. You know not one person here has a agility feat for May on Oliver's lowest level.

#5 Posted by RBT (27800 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie did some useless backflips in last episode. May does it more often though.

#6 Posted by Arcus1 (27775 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

High end feat for Ollie, sure, but it still happened

Even just going off of consistent showings, Ollie, imo

#7 Edited by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

I feel like is May. I'm probably forgetting some feats for Oliver though.

@rogueshadow said:

Oliver is actually quite acrobatic when he wants to be, he just doesn't implement it all that much, but May is still more agile/acrobatic.

Some Oliver feats-

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a75eb4578d1a
#8 Posted by deactivated-5a75eb4578d1a (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Oliver has some incredible high end agility feats.

#9 Posted by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Oliver's agility feats are high end because he does them so much

#10 Posted by AngelJax (11659 posts) - - Show Bio

May

#11 Posted by Amcu (16674 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: Those are very good. I'm not sure now. I would need so see May's feats.

#12 Posted by rogueshadow (29266 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: I'm familiar with most of those, that bottom one I hadn't seen, that's kind of ridiculous so I'll rethink, not sure if it exactly equates to agility/acrobatics, but May has and can rather easily replicate a lot of those. I just struggle to picture Oliver doing two consecutive backflips down a corridor and blending it straight into a spin-kick

No Caption Provided

#13 Edited by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

@the_hajduk: I'm familiar with most of those, that bottom one I hadn't seen, that's kind of ridiculous so I'll rethink, not sure if it exactly equates to agility/acrobatics, but May has and can rather easily replicate a lot of those. I just struggle to picture Oliver doing two consecutive backflips down a corridor and blending it straight into a spin-kick

No Caption Provided

Here's the distinction.

May can perform the techniques.

A somersault and corkscrew flip.

A wall run backflip.

The pounce move thing off the forklift in the warehouse.

But are her skills as an acrobat used so readily and so effectively in relevant combat situations? May performed flips down a hallway. This isn't a competition or tournament, it's about fighting. Oliver has adapted acrobatics into a style of combat.

He did the somersault and corkscrew flip to infiltrate a moving train.

He wall ran to dodge Captain Boomerang's eponymous projectile.

He pounced to dodge bullets.

It's debatable that May can't perform the techniques under these conditions like Oliver can. For one thing, there is no precedent, because she never has.

Most impressively is Oliver's use of a flip to carry Felicity in his arms safely into cover, as a reaction to Deathstroke shooting at them.

May probably can't replicate this.

#14 Edited by rogueshadow (29266 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: She has done it in combat situations though, the flip down the corridor is also in a combat situation

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Stealing these gifs from @anthp2000 btw.

And that isn't the topic, at least, that's not how I'm understanding these threads, the topic is who is more agile and acrobatic period. Not who has more agility in a fight, that would involve things other than agility like bravery/skill, and that's not the question in the OP.

#15 Edited by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Hmm I think Oliver has a very small edge now, due to abundance of feats and also his astonishing high end feat. But May has proven she has the potential to replicate his average.

#16 Posted by KingOfWakanda (2380 posts) - - Show Bio

This one is tough. Came in thinking May for sure. Then I was like, wow, I guess I underestimated Ollie, now I'm back on May lol.

This is a good matchup.

#17 Posted by ANTHP2000 (26970 posts) - - Show Bio

May, not that much of a contest.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#18 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7736 posts) - - Show Bio

Agile - Ollie.

Acrobat - may.

#19 Edited by Jack_Hart (869 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

@the_hajduk: She has done it in combat situations though, the flip down the corridor is also in a combat situation

No Caption Provided

Damn, that's how you know Daisy is May's protege. Daisy does the exact same move against the Kree in the elevator, and it's almost shot the same.

#20 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie is more acrobatic but it always looks better with a female actor.

#21 Posted by RBT (27800 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie is more acrobatic but it always looks better with a female actor.

This

#22 Posted by RBT (27800 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by DSTREET45 (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:
@plotweapon16255 said:

Agile - Ollie.

Acrobat - may.

What's the difference?

Being agile means that one could change positions quickly or move his/her body quickly and easily. This doesn't have to include acrobatics, as someone like Ras didn't use acrobatics often, if he even did at all but is still agile by the definition since he could move his body quickly.

Acrobatics incorporates agility since it's needed to perform flips, spins etc. but it isn't one and the same. A person could be agile without being acrobatic.

#24 Edited by The_Magister (13972 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:
@plotweapon16255 said:

Agile - Ollie.

Acrobat - may.

What's the difference?

Being agile means that one could change positions quickly or move his/her body quickly and easily. This doesn't have to include acrobatics, as someone like Ras didn't use acrobatics often, if he even did at all but is still agile by the definition since he could move his body quickly.

Acrobatics incorporates agility since it's needed to perform flips, spins etc. but it isn't one and the same. A person could be agile without being acrobatic.

A good real life example is an athlete like a basketball or soccer player. Not a lot of them are great acrobats, but most of them are extremely agile and have good footwork.

#25 Posted by RBT (27800 posts) - - Show Bio

@dstreet45: @the_magister: Honestly, in that case, I'd say Oliver is more acrobatic. He probably can't do the continuous flips like May does, but May can't replicate half his agility feats either.

#28 Posted by TheSuperor (6686 posts) - - Show Bio

Oliver and once again, not very close. I feel like people are constantly selling Oliver short.

Avatar image for sexybayonetta22
#29 Posted by SexyBayonetta22 (1612 posts) - - Show Bio

Comment section says Ollie, poll says May. I prefer comment section because people explain why

#30 Posted by The_Magister (13972 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
#31 Posted by deactivated-5c830d4e319e6 (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for deactivated-5cae4704c27f5
#32 Posted by deactivated-5cae4704c27f5 (1660 posts) - - Show Bio

May probably, Oliver still wrecks her in a fight though.

#33 Posted by Subline (7882 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow.

#34 Posted by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Oliver, his feats look better to me. May's feats look pretty normal

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#35 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6620 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Oliver probably has some dumb high end feats due to the general inconsistency of the CWverse, but on average it's definitely May.

#37 Posted by Anubisdagod (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Oliver probably has some dumb high end feats due to the general inconsistency of the CWverse, but on average it's definitely May.

There is no inconsistencies. That like many things else is something you people made up on the forum. Barry someone whos ftl loses to quicksilver a bullet timer.. cus hes "inconsistent. Kara loses cus barrys inconsistent. Meanwhile you shield fans try and claim kree are both as strong as asgardians but weak enough to be kod by humans. It's kind of laughable