Live Action High Tier PYP Tournament R1: Batman3000 vs geekryan Open for Votes!

• 71 results
Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kevd4wg

@batman3000

Characters

• Composite Spiderman(2)
  • Luke Cage(2)
  • Zoom(7)
  • Deadshot(1)

Perks

• -2 extra character points (5)
  • -Perfect Teamwork(5)
  • -DCEU Batman's Martial Arts(2) [Zoom]
  • -MCU Cap Super Soldier Serum(2) [Deadshot]
  • -10 un-armed Shield Agents From Thor(1)

VS

@geekryan

Characters

• Professor X (6)
  • Jean Grey (No Phoenix) (3)
  • Lady Deathstrike (1)

Perks

• 20 Ice Giants from Thor(5)
  • Speed Equalize (10)

Battlefield

No Caption Provided

Deserted Planet(indestructible)

Rules

1. 8-16 Participants(depends on demand)

2. 10 points for Characters 15 for Points

3. Win by Death, Incap, KO

4. No Time Manipulation

5. Standard gear

6. No BFR

7. Summons are limited to 30 no summons over AoU ultron bots

8. Cloning is limited to 1 clone

9. Tie in comics allowed

10. Fox Characters are Composite

11. Don't try to sneak in characters for less than they're worth

12. Once a character has been picked it cannot be picked again

13. All prep/battles take place in a combined universe(Marvel characters can get DC items in prep as an example)

14. Characters have standard gear

15. Trailer feats are not allowed

16. Feats released during the tournament are allowed unless the feats make the character worth more than they are

17. If you have any questions ask me

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Batman3000
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By geekryan

@batman3000: you can go first if you don't mind!

And just to clarify: all my characters are composite (since it is FOX), but I'm going with young/walking Prof X and older Jean Grey from the original trilogy.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: how far apart do they all start? And do they start in sight of each other right as the fight begins?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: let's go with a 20 ft starting distance

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab47f6017f34
deactivated-5ab47f6017f34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shade555: Thanks! It's my first CaV, so I'll need it lol

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman3000: are we doing an opener and 1 counter-argument each? Or a conclusion as well?

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: I think an opener, argument and closer will be best

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By geekryan

@batman3000: hey, any idea when your opener will be up?

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Sorry about the delay man I've been super busy lately. It'll be up very very soon.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman3000: it's all good! My post will be up within a day after yours!

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: So sorry man, promise it WILL be up tomorrow.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Yeah man it'll be up in a couple of hours.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You think you have it bad? This guy said he would have his post up tomorrow and guess what? Almost a month passed and as of now still doesn't have his reply up.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/6s-street-tourney-chromtheeaxlt-vs-gtpteap-1909376/#1

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shade555: Brutal. I don't get why people agree to tournaments/CaVs if they know they won't be able to make a post in a timely fashion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Yeah, apparently @chromtheexalt loves to rub salt in open wounds by claiming he would "Definitely get his post up tomorrow". Key word: DEFINITELY, only to suddenly stop posting.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Batman3000

@kevd4wg: @geekryan:

So sorry for the delay, won't happen again :(

Spiderman

No Caption Provided

Spiderman in this scenario will be the jack-of-all-trades. My swiss army knife. No apparent weaknesses (rookie mentality balanced out by the experience of Tobey and Garfield), strong, fast, offensive assets (webbing), mobility, and decent fighting ability all of which I will get into in a minute.

Powers and Abilities

-Superhuman Strength

-Superhuman Speed

-Superhuman Durability

-Powerful webbing

-Cunning and Intelect

-Competent combatant

Getting right into it:

MCU Feats

Peter in his MCU depiction, was very young and because of it lacked experience and made a lot of mistakes. This will be covered up by Garfield, and Maguire's experience. Getting into what might be two of the most impressive live-action Spiderman feats:

Loading Video...

After a brutal encounter with the Vulture and taking a beating, Peter finds it inside himself to motivate himself to get what could be as much as say, 30+ tons off his back so he could face the Vulture one final time. Moving on;

Loading Video...

After an explosion on the ferry, and Spiderman's failed attempt to hold the boat together with webbing, Spiderman is left with no other option but to web both sides and hold it together temporarily by himself. This also shows off the tensile strength of his webbing, that it didn't instantly snap. By NOT getting his limbs torn off with him, Spidey was able to hold together the boat until Iron Man came to his aid.

Loading Video...

As the video above explains what I had just said the more impressive part of this feat was rather the fact that Spiderman wasn't just ripped apart by the force on each side of the ferry. Again there are a lot of variables in this scenario, but nevertheless, it is still ridiculously impressive.

Loading Video...

Again from the same youtuber, he breaks down that entire Airport scene, loaded with impressive showings of strength and skill.

Spidey is also very skilled in closed-field and open-field environments in terms of agility and use of webbing.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Not to mention the variety of webbing;

No Caption Provided

Loading Video...

(In the above scene, Peter explores different types of webbing)

Moving on to Maguire:

In a brutal, gritty fight, Spidey downs the durable Green Goblin:

Loading Video...

Spidey and Harry work to take down the formidable Venom (easily a 2-3+ tonner) and Sandman.

Loading Video...

And finally, to Garfield who will throw in impressive speed, into the mix:

Loading Video...

V. Electro:

And probably the most ridiculous speed feat any live-action Spiderman has shown:

Loading Video...

Seriously, the awareness, and movement is faster than anyone on your team should be able to react to, used in a combat capacity.

Zoom

No Caption Provided

Zoom is the powerhouse of this team. Deadly speed, phasing ability, and skill as well as all around intellect

In this gif he blitzes three officers, but still manages to get to Well's assistant before any fall to the ground
In this gif he blitzes three officers, but still manages to get to Well's assistant before any fall to the ground

Catches bullets from the fire of multiple officers until they all run out of ammo.
Catches bullets from the fire of multiple officers until they all run out of ammo.

Also, a tactic that will likely fool most of your team, Zoom can create time remnants.

No Caption Provided

And of course like aforementioned, he can also phase:

Loading Video...

This paired with DCEU Batman's skill (a perk I picked up) make a Zoom a formidable opponent.

Loading Video...

All in all, Zoom wil be Mvp in this scenario as he has the power to take out the heavy hitters here, with the ultimate distraction who will keep your team on it's toes in the form of:

Deadshot

No Caption Provided

To keep this short, Deadshot also has the strength of MCU Cap to fall on in a 1v1 scenario. But that's not why he's here. Of course he is here for his marksmanship:

Loading Video...

Ex. of Deadshot's "eye"

Deadshot's skill point-blank/close-range

After getting beat manages to get Batman at a standstill. Even without Cap strength perk for Floyd, he was able to take hits from Batman

When starting no farther than 20 feet Deadshot will be a huge annoyance while they still have to deal with Zoom, Spidey and finally:

Luke Cage

No Caption Provided

Luke Cage is a pure tank. In terms of pure blunt/piercing damage you have very little options in terms of who can hurt Luke in a physical capacity. Mix in some form of brawling for good measure :)

Casually knocks out goon with a simple tap to the head.
Casually knocks out goon with a simple tap to the head.

Even Jessica Jones, one of the stronger "street level" MCU characters could not stop Luke from simply moving forward with all of here effort and later decimates concrete with ease

Loading Video...
Easily wraps a car door around thug
Easily wraps a car door around thug
While weakened, Luke takes a hit from Diamondback that sends him flying into a van distorting the door and a good area around it.
While weakened, Luke takes a hit from Diamondback that sends him flying into a van distorting the door and a good area around it.

So all together I have a devastating blend of power, strength, speed, skill, smarts, and marksmanship across the board from nearly all of my team. Quickness and deception will be crucial going up against TP's like Jean and Xavier.

Your turn :)

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Batman3000

@geekryan: Re-read my post and it's terrible xD I had to hustle to get it done last night so that there would be no more delay, so it's not great. I'll have to step up my game next post :) Again I sincerely apologize for the delay, will not happen again.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By geekryan

@batman3000: Don't worry, this is my first PYP Tournament/CaV haha. I'll have my post up in a few hours!

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: xD sounds good man, looking forward to it.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By geekryan

@kevd4wg@batman3000

I'm going to apologize in advance for the excessive amount of GIFs I will be using. Also, as I already mentioned, this is my first CaV/PYP Tournament.

Glossary of Terms:

X1 = X-Men

X2 = X-Men: United

X3 = X-Men: The Last Stand

FC = X-Men: First Class

DoFP = X-Men: Days of Future Past

Apoc = X-Men: Apocalypse

Professor X

No Caption Provided

Introduction

Charles Xavier, otherwise known as Professor X, is the founder and leader of the X-Men. He has a genius-level intellect, holds a PhD in Genetics, and is a skilled leader & strategist. He also happens to be the most powerful telepath in the world, and uses his powers in a variety of ways. Although Xavier prefers to avoid direct combat, he can use his telepathy offensively in any combat situation. Xavier always fights with morals on and he won’t ever fight to kill.

The only things his telepathy has been unable to bypass are Magneto’s helmet and Emma Frost’s diamond form. His powers can affect anyone in a pretty large radius, and does not require line of sight. His powers can affect weaker-minded individuals like Toad & Sabretooth, as well as highly intelligent individuals such as Magneto. His powers are also capable of affecting dozens of people at once.

For this tournament, since the FOX characters are composite, I have decided to go with young Professor X so he can move around rather than be stuck in a wheelchair.

Powers/Feats

Xavier’s skill, experience, power and versatility with his telepathy allow him to use his ability in multiple ways. In terms of relevant abilities, Xavier is capable of:

- Reading minds (both conscious and subconscious thoughts)

• Able to read the thoughts of multiple people in a matter of seconds (DoFP White House scene)

- Communicating telepathically with others

- Making himself and others invisible (illusions)

• Made himself and a group of soldiers invisible at the back of a truck (FC)
  • Appeared as an illusion to Mystique to convince her not to kill Trask (DoFP)

- Detecting the location of people

• Knew where Rogue was going when she left mansion (X1)
  • Knew that Phoenix had left mansion (X3)

- Psychic sense/precognition

• While lecturing in class, sensed something was wrong with Storm before she started changing the weather (X3)
  • Sensed the death of Cyclops from New York to Alberta, Canada, which is more than 2500 miles (X3)

- Controlling minds (including multiple minds at once and being able to use their powers)

• Toad/Sabretooth, Magneto, Russian guards, CIA agent, Russian navy, Sebastian Shaw, Mystique, etc.
Mind controls an unconscious Magneto to remove the debris on him
Mind controls an unconscious Magneto to remove the debris on him

Mind controls both Sabretooth & Toad
Mind controls both Sabretooth & Toad

- Putting people to sleep (sedation)

• Russian guards (FC)
  • Kept Phoenix/Jean Grey sedated (X3)

- Mentally paralyzing large groups of people (which looks as if they are frozen in time). He can choose who gets affected.

• X2: museum, X2: white house, FC: CIA office, DoFP: White House lawn, Apoc: CIA office, etc.
  • Froze Mystique from pulling out her gun (DoFP)
Freezes all the humans in the museum (but not the mutants)
Freezes all the humans in the museum (but not the mutants)

- Causing severe mental pain to others (to the point of complete immobilization). The only people who were able to move through this were Logan and Laura, because of their healing factor, and even then, they moved very slowly and were in a lot of pain.

• X2 Cerebro, Logan hotel

*Note: Even though this was only happening because of Professor X's seizures, it doesn't suggest Professor X couldn't do this otherwise. As far as I know, seizures do not enhance mutant abilities.*

Strategies/Thoughts

In a battle scenario, there are many approaches Xavier could take. Since Xavier is able to detect the minds of those around him, it would not be possible for someone to sneak up on him and take him by surprise. What he does next would depend on his opponents.

In terms of defence, he can make him and his team invisible to surprise his opponents, or he can cause an illusion to distract his opponents. Either way, he would stay in the back of the fight in order to avoid being killed.

In terms of offence, he has 3 main options, all of which will work on any number of opponents. He can either 1) mind control one or more of his opponents and turn them against their teammates, 2) paralyze them for his team to dispatch, or 3) mentally assault them so that they are defenseless and his team can quickly dispatch them. Either way, he can end the fight in seconds.

At the starting distance we are given for this tournament (20 feet), he can easily use any 3 of these offensive techniques pretty quickly. If he uses the 2nd or 3rd options, he can end the fight in seconds. The only ones who he would not be able to affect are those wearing Magneto’s helmet, those with telepathic immunity, or those who do not have minds to affect (i.e. Ultron bots).

Jean Grey

No Caption Provided

Introduction

Even as a young girl, Jean Grey was considered one of the most powerful mutants. In the original X-Men trilogy, Jean was one of Xavier’s first students and one of the original X-Men. She was one of the public faces of mutant rights and served as the doctor for the X-Men.

Jean’s powers are telekinesis and telepathy. Although the full extent of her powers can only be accessed through the Phoenix (a powerful, cosmic entity that lies within her), Jean is still extremely skilled with her powers and can use them in dozens of ways.

Since we have seen 2 versions of Jean throughout the X-Men films and she is composite (but without access to the Phoenix), I have chosen to go with the older Jean Grey from the original trilogy. I will not be using any feats of Jean Grey as the Phoenix.

Powers/Feats

Telekinesis:

- Offensive Uses

• Pushed Cyclops across a large room with enough force that he was lifted off the ground and slammed against the opposite wall (power)
No Caption Provided

• Held 2 guards in place then tossed them against the wall hard enough to knock them out (skill, power)
No Caption Provided

- Defensive Uses

• Reacted to and blocked Cyclops’ full-powered blast with a shield, holding it for a few seconds before dispersing it. The force of this dispersion was strong enough to knock both her and Cyclops back, and cause damage to the engine room. (reaction/power)
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
  • While co-piloting the X-Jet, was able to cause a missile to blow itself up without having line of sight (power, range)
No Caption Provided
  • Toad jumped at her and she caught him in mid-air (skill)
No Caption Provided

• Reacted to and blocked Archangel’s metal feathers by using pieces of wood and concrete as shields. His feathers are strong and fast enough to pierce concrete. (precision/reaction)
No Caption Provided

- Neutral Uses

• As a young girl, casually displayed her power by effortlessly lifting 5 cars and various objects on her street (power)
No Caption Provided
  • Unlatched a cage door without line of sight in Apoc (skill)
  • Caught Nightcrawler as he was falling (skill/reaction)
No Caption Provided
  • Caught a bunch of individual papers/folders/books as they fell and placed them back in a pile in her arms (precision)
  • Simultaneously lifted up dozens of wooden boards to rebuild the X-Mansion (precision/skill)
No Caption Provided

Telepathy:

- Reading minds/thoughts (both conscious and subconscious)

• As a young girl, Jean was able to read the minds of Professor X and Magneto
  • Read Wolverine’s mind to figure out his lost memories (also did the same to Nightcrawler)
  • Was able to read the thoughts of multiple people in the museum (although this was unintentional). The psychic feedback caused the screens in the museum to malfunction.
No Caption Provided

- Communicating telepathically with others

- Psychic sense/precognition

• Was able to sense Cyclops about to attack without even seeing him and pushed Magneto & Mystique out of the way of his blast (reaction)
No Caption Provided

- Illusions

• On two occasions, made herself, Cyclops, and Nightcrawler seem invisible to soldiers
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And last but least, Jean’s most impressive feat…

At the end of X2, the X-Jet is malfunctioning and unable to take off as a "tsunami" approaches. Realizing that there is no other way, Jean exits the jet. Jean simultaneously holds back a part of the tsunami, fixes the jet, lifts the jet, stops the ramp from lowering, blocks Nightcrawler from using his powers to rescue her, and speaks through Xavier to say goodbye. Once the jet is off the ground and she can’t hold the water back anymore, she lets the water consume her.

This is impressive due to the fact that she was able to do this ALL AT THE SAME TIME. And something worth mentioning is that she was able to block Nightcrawler's ability to teleport. She used her telepathy to turn off the part of a mutant's brain that allows them to use their powers. This a skill that even Professor X has never demonstrated.

For some reason, the clip starts at 0:59 and I can't seem to fix that. But you can click back to watch the whole thing.

Strategies/Thoughts

Since Professor X is on her team, Jean would mostly use her telekinesis since there is no need for her telepathy. Jean can either go on the offence or defence, but based on my team and perks, I would say she would be more likely to stay with Professor X in the back lines. If anyone tries to approach either her or Professor X, she can either hold them in place and/or toss them back. As for ranged attacks, she is more than capable of defending herself and Professor X with telekinetic shields. Having the power to shield herself from Cyclops’ full blast and a tsunami makes her capable of shielding herself from most attacks. For measure, the Hoover Dam holds back more than 20 tons of pressure per square foot. She was holding back enough of the wave to protect the X-Jet.

Her next major use is her ability to move objects from afar. This can be used to take off Magneto’s helmet from her opponent and allow Professor X to invade their mind. She could also do this to disarm her opponents if they are using weapons.

Lady Deathstrike

No Caption Provided

Introduction

Lady Deathstrike’s background is not known due to her limited role in X2, but she served as William Stryker’s bodyguard. She underwent the same procedure Wolverine had gone through with the Weapon X program. This procedure involved fusing adamantium into the skeleton, increasing the host’s durability and strength to superhuman levels. Her mutant abilities include a regenerative healing factor (like Wolverine) and the ability to extend her nails to up to 12 inches long (which are also infused with adamantium). Additionally, she is an extremely skilled fighter and martial artist.

She fought with Wolverine in X2 and held the upper hand the entire fight, even though Wolverine has been shown to be a deadly and skilled fighter with roughly two centuries of experience. She only lost when Wolverine injected her with an excess amount of adamantium. Due to her healing factor, the only real way to kill her would be decapitation, just like with Wolverine. However, because her entire body is infused with adamantium and her durability is greatly enhanced, that is easier said than done.

Powers/Feats

As mentioned before, Lady Deathstrike’s powers and abilities include:

- Retractable adamantium nails (10 nails, each are 12 inches long)

- Healing factor

- Superhuman strength

- Superhuman durability

- Enhanced agility

- Fighting skills/martial arts

For this first post, I will only be using Lady Deathstrike’s feats, but I may use some feats from Wolverine later on since their claws, durability and healing factor are virtually the same.

- Knocking Wolverine back several feet into the air with a palm strike (strength)

- She is extremely agile, being able to jump and spin several feet towards Wolverine (agility)

- She dodges, blocks and stabs Wolverine a few times before flipping over him and throwing him across the room with enough force that he shatters a concrete pillar. (agility, skill, strength)

- She is practically unfazed after being stabbed through the stomach, proceeding to dodge Wolverine’s next few attacks (durability, speed)

- He had just stabbed her through the chest with BOTH of his claws, and she fully recovers moments later. (healing)

- Performs an acrobatic manoeuvre that involves removing Wolverine’s claws from her body and kicking him away. She then gets right back up and tackles Wolverine into the air and clear across the room (agility, strength, skill)

- She stabs Wolverine with multiple quick strikes to the back, flips over him after being hit and grabbed, and knocks him at least 10 feet up into the air and onto a metal grate. She then goes under and stabs him again and again through the grate. (agility, strength, skill)

*Although all these feats are shown in the video, I can use specific GIFs if you want*

Lastly, after being hit by Cyclops’ blast, she gets up, leaps at Cyclops from several feet away, and KO’s him in one move. (agility, skill)

Quality is shit but you get the idea
Quality is shit but you get the idea

Strategies/Thoughts

Lady Deathstrike is quite possibly one of the most lethal opponents Wolverine has ever faced in the X-Men films. Based on her fight with Wolverine, she has shown to be stronger, more agile, and more skilled than him.

Whereas Professor X and Jean Grey would stay in the back lines, Lady Deathstrike would be getting up close and personal. Once Professor X read the minds of the other team and determined their strategies and powers, he would telepathically relay the information to Lady Deathstrike and instruct her on who the biggest priority is. While the Frost Giants serve as distractions and tanks, Lady Deathstrike would use her agility to get to whoever the target is and kill them. Bullets and regular weapons would barely faze her due to her superhuman durability and healing factor. Due to the strength of adamantium, she can easily cut through anyone and anything unless it is made of a metal equal to or stronger than adamantium. And even then, Lady Deathstrike’s agility and skill would still be difficult to outmatch.

Frost Giants (Fodder)

No Caption Provided

Introduction

The Frost Giants are a race from Jotunheim, one of the Nine Realms. Although they favour cold and icy environments, they are fully capable of surviving in warmer locations, such as Asgard. Frost Giants are taller, larger, and more muscular than the average Asgardian. Furthermore, they are able to at the very least match the Asgardians in strength and durability. They are also able to create weapons and constructs made out of solid ice.

Powers/Feats

Physicals

- According to the Marvel Handbook, the average Asgardian can lift between 25-30 tons. Since the Frost Giants were able to at LEAST match the Asgardians in strength during their war, this would put Asgardians in the 25-30 ton range. (For measure, this is roughly between the size of a Greyhound bus and a fire truck.)

No Caption Provided

- A Frost Giant was able to block Thor’s swing, headbutt him hard enough to stagger him, and then punch him back several feet.

No Caption Provided

- A Frost Giant was able to block Lady Sif’s sword, disarm her, and knee her to the floor. Lady Sif is considered one of the best fighters in Asgard.

No Caption Provided

Ice Manipulation

- Creating ranged projectiles

No Caption Provided

- Creating pillars of ice

No Caption Provided

- Creating ice spikes

No Caption Provided

- More ice spikes (strong enough to pierce an Asgardian)

No Caption Provided

- Their touch alone causes severe frost burn that blackens the skin and causes a lot of pain

No Caption Provided

- Turning their hands into ice weapons

No Caption Provided

Strategies/Thoughts

The Frost Giants would serve as my team’s soldiers and tanks. With 20 Frost Giants charging at a team, they will be the main focus and allow my team to plan and attack. The Frost Giants are easily capable of dispatching any other fodder, and could even take on some minor characters. No amount of martial arts or basic weaponry will put them down, since their strength and durability is way above peak human capabilities and even above Asgardians.

Perks

Other than the Frost Giants, my only other perk is equalized speed. All characters on both teams have their speed equalized to the slowest person on both teams, which would probably be Professor X. This perk eliminates the advantage that speedsters and “blitzers” have. It also makes characters with enhanced/superhuman speed much slower. Additionally, it equalizes reaction speeds and any other forms of speed. Since none of my characters have enhanced/superhuman speed or reactions, my team isn’t disadvantaged at all.

Initial Counters

After a brutal encounter with the Vulture and taking a beating, Peter finds it inside himself to motivate himself to get what could be as much as say, 30+ tons off his back so he could face the Vulture one final time. Moving on;

Is the 30+ tons a guess on your part or do you know for a fact it is 30 tons or more?

Seriously, the awareness, and movement is faster than anyone on your team should be able to react to, used in a combat capacity.

It is a very impressive reaction/speed feat, but luckily, my equalize speed perk makes this feat and any other speed-reletated feats essentially useless.

As for Zoom, again due to my perk, his powers are useless and all he is to your team is a capable fighter without any of the gadgets or gear Batman uses. In the warehouse scene you provided, the vast majority of his feats involved his gear or gadgets. In the DCEU, Batman lacks many pure H2H/martial arts feats.

Deadshot with Cap's serum would be a formidable opponent, but I'm confident Lady Deathstrike can take him since she is superior in durability, fighting, and healing. Scaling her off Wolverine, bullets wouldn't do much against her.

Luke Cage is very strong, but he doesn't come near the 25-30 ton range that the Frost Giants do. If a Frost Giant can block a swing by Thor, he will be unfazed by a punch from Luke. The only problem with Luke is his durability, which the Frost Giants might not be able to overcome, but that's what Lady Deathstrike is for.

The Battle

Your team has absolutely no defence against telepathy. And since speed is equalized, you can't have Zoom or Spider-Man blitz my team, or have Deadshot react fast enough shoot them right from the start.

Realistically, Professor X could end this fight in a second, either by freezing your team or attacking their minds, leaving them helpless and in excruciating pain. But, that isn't much fun, so I'm going to try a different approach so that the fight doesn't end instantly.

As soon as my team spawns on the battlefield, 20 feet away from yours, Professor X would link my team's minds together and have 15 of the Frost Giants and Lady Deathstrike charge your team. The other 5 Frost Giants would be directed to stand in front of Professor X and Jean Grey to serve as protection. With 15 huge Frost Giants and a crazy lady with claw nails charging at your team, they would be the focus since your team would have no knowledge as to who Professor X and Jean Grey are and what they are capable of. Professor X would then quickly read the minds of your team and figure out their strategies, powers, and abilities. He would then relay this information to the rest of my team. All of this can be done in a matter of seconds.

Deadshot and Spider-Man might be able to take out a couple of my Frost Giants at most, but Zoom will be useless and Luke Cage doesn't have the strength to match them and take them out. The SHIELD agents would also be completely useless against the Frost Giants and Lady Deathstrike. Lady Deathstrike would be directed to take out the agents, which she can do in a few seconds since they have no protection against her claws and cannot physically harm her. She would then focus her attention on Zoom. Unless you can provide pure H2H/martial arts feats from DCEU Batman to suggest Zoom with Batman's martial arts can take out someone equal to Lady Deathstrike, she would cut him down.

Jean Grey would levitate Spider-Man just like she did to Toad, thus rendering him immobile. Professor X would mind control Luke Cage and have him punch out Deadshot with one strike to the face/head. Since Deadshot would not expect this to happen, there is no way he would be able to react to it, and even if he does, he would be quickly overwhelmed by Luke and the Frost Giants.

Lady Deathstrike would then strike down the immobile Spider-Man, while Luke Cage gets put to sleep by Professor X.

And if for some reason this strategy seems to be failing and your team isn't going down, Professor X can just freeze them all and win via incapacitation.

Conclusion/Summary

Due to my equalize speed perk, Zoom, Spider-Man and Deadshot have their speed/reactions brought down to the level of an average human.

Because no one on your team has any defence against telepathy, my team would easily beat your team, even without having to rely on Professor X freezing them or mentally assaulting them.

I provided one possible strategy that my team could use to beat your team. If you manage to dispute it and prove that your team can overcome this particular strategy, I always have the fail-safe strategy of Professor X freezing/mentally assaulting your team as the fight begins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Awesome post! You post your replies fast! (And your team is a bit too OP but i'm not complaining)

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shade555: Thanks! I had most of it written down in advance. I just had to add in my counters, battle, and conclusion.

And yeah, it is OP lol. But some people in the tournament have Magneto's helmet or telepathic immunity, so it won't be simple down the road lol

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman3000: any estimate on when you'll have your next post up? :)

Old_Blighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for voting, its rare that I know everyone in a CAV/PYP.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Batman3000

@geekryan: Sorry didn't even realize your post was up xD Seeing as you've had your post up for three days already, I'll try to get mine up today or tomorrow, so y'all don't wait too long.

EDIT: Just read your post man, I would've NEVER guessed this is your first CaV type debate. Great work man.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman3000: sounds good! :)

And thanks man! I was on the debate team in high school and English has always been my strongest subject so I guess I have the background for it haha

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Batman3000

@geekryan: Equalized speed makes things a lot tougher, but far from impossible. Deadshot can still draw firearms and spray fire to your team with expert precision (I know Deathstrike will be able to take bullets, and that the Frost Giants can too but I don't think Floyd would foolishly waste bullets on legit giants). So what I'm going to need to see is the following.

1. That Charles and Jean can either react to or straight up take bullets.

2. That Charles or Jean can act BEFORE Deadshot starts blasting.

Because we have standard gear, Deadshot having his eye reticle will be an even bigger help, to add to his already ridiculous aim.

I'm having a hard time finding the clip but hopefully, you've seen Suicide Squad know what I'm going to tell you is true, and then you pick it apart and what not, etc. If not though, I'll try to get it for you in the next post (our closer?).

Okay so basically, in the beginning of the movie he sets up multiple areas where he can ricochet to get his target. Obviously, the ricochets themselves are irrelevant here as he does not have them, nor will they prove valuable in this scenario. However, the feat was to show you how Deadshot's eye picked up on the eye and gave him different angles, and different information to make assassinations as efficient as possible, if need be. And of course, the accuracy to ricochet bullets to hit a target is ridiculous. Moving on.

Counters

Other than the Frost Giants, my only other perk is equalized speed. All characters on both teams have their speed equalized to the slowest person on both teams, which would probably be Professor X

Sorry bro, I totally missed that you had that perk, to begin with. However I think it's fair to say that the plan/strategy I'm presenting to you is more than a cop out, and actually fairly logical, as what I'm presenting Floyd doing in my current strategy is more or less what he would've done in my first one. However this time, it's fair more focal on him since speed is equalized and of course Petey and Zoom would be conscious that they don't have superhuman speed and reflexes, even if they don't "know" about equalized speed if that makes sense.

Is the 30+ tons a guess on your part or do you know for a fact it is 30 tons or more?

Peter and Vulture were fighting in a warehouse. Based on square footage, concrete weighs on average around 150 pounds per square foot. A cubic yard for comparison for comparison 4, 050 pounds in concrete (2.025 tons). Asphalt weighs slightly less, at 3, 960 pounds per cubic yard. Seeing as when Vulture blew up the entire building and a majority of it fell on him SEVERAL tons is a good estimation unless there's something glaring, that I'm missing. Admittedly 30 might've been much, sorry about that. Keep in mind though this isn't a pure lifting feat so this doesn't = Spiderman benching several tens of tons. But rather, it's more a durability feat/what he can do while motivated feat.

Deadshot with Cap's serum would be a formidable opponent, but I'm confident Lady Deathstrike can take him since she is superior in durability, fighting, and healing. Scaling her off Wolverine, bullets wouldn't do much against her.

I don't think Deadshot will have to deal with her. Unless Charles and Jean CAN react to bullets or do something of worth before their demise, then no one person will have to deal with one person (i.e Deadshot provides firepower while Spidey webs up Frost Giants and Zoom and Luke hold off Deathstrike while Spidey deals with Frost Giants. And because Deadshot already has MCU Cap stats and the skill he already possesses he should hang for a little while, if he's ever in a 1v1 situation with a Frost Giant or Deathstrike.)

Deadshot and Spider-Man might be able to take out a couple of my Frost Giants at most, but Zoom will be useless and Luke Cage doesn't have the strength to match them and take them out. The SHIELD agents would also be completely useless against the Frost Giants and Lady Deathstrike. Lady Deathstrike would be directed to take out the agents, which she can do in a few seconds since they have no protection against her claws and cannot physically harm her. She would then focus her attention on Zoom. Unless you can provide pure H2H/martial arts feats from DCEU Batman to suggest Zoom with Batman's martial arts can take out someone equal to Lady Deathstrike, she would cut him down.

A couple? I think you undermine:

1. The all-around challenge of Spidey webs, aerials-tics, agility (which if this is something we need to discuss, I believe is totally unrelated to speed but rather the way one can move their body.) and strength of Spidey. Do you think if one Frost Giant gets webbed up they can come back?

2. The challenge that firepower and versatility of Deadshot will provide. He should be able to take 1 or 2 while Spidey takes at least an entire HOARD of them. In this case, just like the 10 agents I have, Zoom will be used as fodder. I legit have no other plan for him and the S.H.I.E.L.D agents as skilled fodder who will be no more than an annoyance and used to throw in an extra variable into the fight. Zoom's durability, however, should prove as a slightly bigger factor, a factor I will discuss further in a minute.

Conclusion

Charles and Jean:

This is fairly simple. I'm grouping these two together because in terms of durability and exposure these two are glaring "weak-links". What I'm going to need from you is one of two things to prove to me that what I'm about to say, will not happen:

1. That Charles and Jean can evade/take a rain a gunfire from an expert marksman of Deadshot's caliber

2. That Jean and Charles can react and do something devastating BEFORE Floyd fires. If Charles who you say is the slowest here cannot, then Jean should not be able to either due to speed equalized (unless there's something I'm confused about). Even so, you'll have to show me that Jean has such a feat.

Deathstrike:

My plan is that while Floyd effortlessly deals with Jean and Charles, that Luke would be Deathstrike's ideal matchup, however, not for the purpose of downing her. That feat should prove too great for him. But rather, I have him, Zoom and 5 S.H.I.E.L.D. agents (who will be a mere annoyance and just for throwing in the variable of numbers, against Deathstrike). However, Zoom, who you seemed to think as a non-factor due to speed equalization can still throw lightning. I'm a little unsure of whether or not speed equalization negates this ability but you can call me on that if you think it does.

In the clip below you will see Barry throw the lightning (and also Zoom catching it, impressive enough on its own, but a non-factor here) but Zoom is the one who taught him how to, so obviously he would know how to do it too.

Zoom; Lightning

In terms of blunt force, there's literally nothing Deathstrike can do Cage. However, my concern is piercing damage. In that category of durability, bullets have done nothing more than putting holes in the clothes he's wearing.

Luke Cage walks towards man, while the bullets simply bounce off. He then takes his gun and casually bends it half.

This is the type of stuff that happens on a daily. Along with that he casually K.O's thugs by tapping their heads.

However, later in the show, a concept is introduced to Cottonmouth to down Cage. The Judas Bullet. A prototype alien bullet, made with remnants from the Avengers VS. Chitauri battle. After it enters the victim's body, its shrapnel separates and tears apart their body. Because of Luke Cage's durability, it took days for TWO bullets to work. With speed equalized and Cage being a great "street" fighter, Deathstrike, with all the combatants swarming her, will certainly not be able to cut, slash or stab Luke in either the eyes, heart or an area he is vulnerable in. But rather in an area where he can live with getting cut in. Even while dealing with the effects of the Judas bullets, certainly more devastating than a slash or stab from Deathstrike, Luke was able to send an officer several meters away into a car, after continued provocation.

Knocks out an officer, shields him and takes more bullets after weakened from the Judas bullet, and sends the other flying several meters up and into a car, severely damaging it

This is taking in the fact that Deathstrike claws might not even cut him. Eventually, when Deadshot and Spidey deal with the frost giants (I also assume it wouldn't be too hard for Spidey to aid Luke from a distance with webbing every once in awhile.) they will both come with the remaining personnel from my team to down Deathstrike. Assuming the odd agent, Cage, and maybe Zoom survive, this could potentially be 3-5 vs 1.

Frost Giants:
Frost Giants should honestly be fairly easy. With Spidey's creativity on the move (against a far more formidable opponent, in the form of the Lizard) along with different options and durable webbing (didn't snap with the opposing forces of Spidey's strength and the Ferry falling apart which is a massive durability feat) dealing with the Frost Giants should be simple. Spidey could easily web two or more together, tie up a singular giant, legit sing them around because of his strength, etc. while Floyd has firepower to provide (whether it be as an annoyance or as a viable option is something you have to prove in terms of whether or not they have the PIERCING durability to take bullets) along with Cap's stats which should be enough to take down 1-3. Again in situations where Floyd is in trouble, Spidey could easily swoop in to help. 20 will be a number that goes down quickly with Spidey and Floyd working together. If need be, next post I can have an entire section tribute to Cap's physical stats that Floyd will now possess and compliment Spidey's skills brilliantly.

So in conclusion...

No Caption Provided

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Batman3000

@geekryan: Sorry the post isn't 100% done. If you want you can go ahead with your post, but would it be alright if I added a few things in the next 1-2 hrs. ?

EDIT: All good, got what I need to get done.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By geekryan

@batman3000: @kevd4wg

I'm going to separate my counters by characters to make it easier to follow, then I'll follow up with a conclusion that brings everything together.

Professor X & Jean Grey vs. Deadshot

Jean's shields have never encountered bullets before, but they have encountered a full-powered blast from Cyclops and a massive wave of water. She was able to react to and maintain a shield against both for a good amount of time as well, as I showed before. It's highly debatable, but I think she could maintain a shield against bullets. BUT, let me explain to you why it won't even come to that...

Your team has no knowledge of anyone on my team and no resistance to telepathy. Professor X, on the other hand, can read your team's thoughts and find out their strengths/weaknesses/plans in a matter of seconds. Whatever your team is planning to do, Professor X will know and can relay that information to the rest of my team instantly. Both Professor X and Jean Grey just need to think to use their powers, and I have given proof that telepathy can work instantly.

There's one huge flaw in your argument: that Deadshot would just take them out from the start. None of your characters are from the X-Men universe (so none of your characters know who mine are and vice-versa) and you don't have basic knowledge as a perk. In a fight involving 20 giants, 15 of which will be charging at your team, and a girl with 10- inch nail claws also charging at your team, how would Deadshot know to pick out the two regular-looking humans at the back before Professor X can invade his mind?

In any fight scenario that doesn't involve knowledge or prep, no character would target the two seemingly-least-threatening people when literal giants are rushing at them. People react to the most immediate threat in the environment. Picture this: you're in a house, and it's starting to catch fire, but in the same room as you, there is a bear. You're going to react to the bear first before you start reacting to the fire. Both are threats, but the bear is the most immediate one. It's basic psychology. The giants and Lady Deathstrike are the immediate threat.

Let's pretend that Deadshot would figure out that he needs to go for Professor X and Jean first. He has to assess the situation, identify the target(s), find an opening through the 5 Frost Giants that are defending them, and then raise his gun/aim/shoot. None of that would happen instantly, and Professor X would be in his mind the whole time. In DoFP, Professor X froze Mystique as she was pulling out a gun to shoot Trask. Since Deadshot has no resistance to telepathy, there is absolutely no reason Professor X couldn't do the same to Deadshot before he can even raise his gun. And mind you, freezing just Deadshot would be the bare minimum of what Professor X could do to your team.

(I know Deathstrike will be able to take bullets, and that the Frost Giants can too but I don't think Floyd would foolishly waste bullets on legit giants).

The challenge that firepower and versatility of Deadshot will provide. He should be able to take 1 or 2

You contradict your strategy here. First you say that Deadshot wouldn't even target the Frost Giants because it's a waste of bullets, but then you go on to say how he would start taking them out to help Spidey. Also, if Deadshot has access to his weapons, in what cases would he even resort to H2H combat?

Zoom

Being able to generate and throw lightning is a result of a speedster's connection to the Speed Force, it is not its own power. One would have to move fast enough and generate enough energy from the Speed Force in order to generate and throw the lightning. With his speed being brought down to human levels, he cannot move fast enough to generate this kind of energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsyaRjV0v2c

SHIELD Agents

The skill, lethality and agility that Lady Deathstrike demonstrated in her fight with Wolverine, and the ease with which she KO'd Cyclops without even using her claws, leads me to believe that she can take out 10 unarmed SHIELD agents very quickly and effortlessly. A de-powered Thor was easily taking out multiple SHIELD agents at a time. Lady Deathstrike's adamantium body/claws, martial arts, and morals off fighting style would give her an even greater advantage.

And that's assuming she takes on all 10 by herself. One strike or swing from a Frost Giant would be more than enough to take out a few agents, since their strength is easily in the 30-ton range.

Lady Deathstrike vs. Luke Cage

Luke Cage's durability is very impressive, but it doesn't compare to adamantium.

In the comics, Luke Cage's skin is compared to steel (at its lowest) and titanium (at its highest). Adamantium is way above titanium in terms of strength. Adamantium is the strongest metal on Earth, and can only be outclassed by adamantium itself or alien metals. Again in the comics, Wolverine has sliced through Hulk, whose durability far exceeds Luke Cage.

Since MCU Luke Cage has never encountered adamantium before, we can't say for certain. I would argue that MCU Luke Cage's durability is equal to or less than his comic version, and so adamantium would be able to cut through him. But even if that is not the case, Lady Deathstrike is much more agile than Luke Cage and would be able to stab him in the eyes once she realizes her claws won't break his skin. Professor X would even be able to warn her in advance and that he's highly durable. So either way, he would go down pretty quickly to Lady Deathstrike.

Frost Giants vs. Spider-Man & Deadshot

Frost Giants should honestly be fairly easy. With Spidey's creativity on the move (against a far more formidable opponent, in the form of the Lizard) along with different options and durable webbing (didn't snap with the opposing forces of Spidey's strength and the Ferry falling apart which is a massive durability feat) dealing with the Frost Giants should be simple. Spidey could easily web two or more together, tie up a singular giant, legit sing them around because of his strength, etc

Spider-Man's strength is incredibly inconsistent across his movies and versions.

Spider-Man was incredibly out-strengthed by The Lizard and was forced to rely on his agility and webbing to deal with him. He physically struggled against The Lizard in all their fights. The research I've done into the exact strength of The Lizard puts him at 12 tons lifting strength. The Frost Giants are in the 30-ton range of strength, and there's 15 of them. Peter has never had to deal with this many opponents, with their size, strength and durability. As I showed in my first post, they have enough strength to knock back Thor and stagger him. Unless Spider-Man's durability is close to Thor's, one hit from a Frost Giant will be enough to seriously hurt him. Not only are they physically stronger, but they are capable of creating and throwing ice projectiles at Spider-Man, which he will also have to avoid. With equalized speed, this puts him at a disadvantage since his reactions become human.

Peter is a creative fighter, but he is in a new environment that is completely open-spaced. There are no objects, buildings, etc. for him to bind the giants to. I would also very much love to see a feat of him swinging around someone/something of a similar size to a Frost Giant.

As I already demonstrated in my first post, Frost Giants have the strength and durability comparable to an Asgardian.

No Caption Provided

In this clip from Agents of Shield, Lady Sif, who is an Asgardian, takes point-blank range fire from a shotgun. You could argue that it only hit her armour, but shotguns fire in a spread pattern, so there is no way the entire part of her exposed arm was untouched. There is no visible injury from this and she is only slightly thrown off-balance. This is my proof that Frost Giants could theoretically tank bullets of a similar or lesser caliber than a shotgun.

Deadshot firing at the giants would do nothing. The only way he would prove effective against them is by using the strength the Super Soldier Serum provides, and by doing so, would eliminate your only ranged fighter since he has to deal with the giants physically. Furthermore, like Spider-Man, he is outnumbered and has to deal with ranged projectiles also being fired at him, which I have shown are capable of piercing Asgardians.

Conclusion

You provided some decent counter-arguments, but you failed to counter many of my most important points:

1) How is Spider-Man going to deal with being immobilized in the air by Jean Grey? She can do so at range without even having to expose herself.

2) Lady Deathstrike can cut through your agents and anyone on your team quite easily. She can tank anything your team can dish out, and the only person who might stand a chance against her is Luke Cage, but as I mentioned before, I am almost certain his skin is not adamantium-piercing-proof.

3) How is anyone on your team going to deal with Professor X's telepathy? As I said before, Professor X can stop Deadshot (and the rest of your team) way before Deadshot can identify the biggest threats and take them out despite the 15 Frost Giants charging at him and your team. He could even just mind control Deadshot and have him fire on Zoom, Spider-Man, and the agents. Or he can freeze your entire team. Or psychically assault them. The possibilities are endless, any of these options can happen instantly, and no one on your team can resist it.

TL;DR

- Your team has no counter to telekinesis

- Your team has no counter to telepathy

- No one on your team can put down Lady Deathstrike

- Because speed is equalized, Zoom is useless and Spider-Man is at a disadvantage

- Professor X can find out your team's strengths/weaknesses/next moves and relay that information to the rest of my team in seconds

- My fodder are big, strong, durable giants of icy death

No Caption Provided

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Great post man! Just wanted to make sure these next posts will be our last?

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: I was wondering if you don't mind can we do on more post before our closers? There's a couple of things I need to address in a post and see your response so that I can properly close. If you're willing to, I can crank out posts these coming days because I'm totally free.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: You right:

@kevd4wg

I was wondering if you don't mind can we do one more post before our closers? There's a couple of things I need to address in a post and see your response so that I can properly close. If you're willing to, I can crank out posts these coming days because I'm totally free.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman3000: No big deal as long as it is done in a timely manner. Your match is ahead of most of the others.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Alright man thanks. I'll be cranking these out fast.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman3000: Yeah I agree. I'm cool with one more post each before the closer, as long as it is kept short and done quickly

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Batman3000

@geekryan: Sounds good, thanks, bro. My post will be up later today

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan:

Charles and Jean:

Jean's shields have never encountered bullets before, but they have encountered a full-powered blast from Cyclops and a massive wave of water. She was able to react to and maintain a shield against both for a good amount of time as well, as I showed before. It's highly debatable, but I think she could maintain a shield against bullets.

Can she maintain a shield through sustained fire? How would that type of shield react to Peter's webbing? Rather than a purely offensive weapon, webbing could potentially disorient sight, stick onto shields, etc.

Your team has no knowledge of anyone on my team and no resistance to telepathy. Professor X, on the other hand, can read your team's thoughts and find out their strengths/weaknesses/plans in a matter of seconds. Whatever your team is planning to do, Professor X will know and can relay that information to the rest of my team instantly. Both Professor X and Jean Grey just need to think to use their powers, and I have given proof that telepathy can work instantly.

Two things:

1. With a character like Martian Manhunter, for example, a powerful telepath feels uncomfortable immediately reading an opponent's mind (at least the New 52 version) for the simple reason of invading one's privacy. Obviously, my team is your enemy, but do you know for a fact that it would be in character for Charles to immediately read someone's mind?

2. And if he is and does so in the seconds you say he'll do so, would he have enough time to react right away to Floyd barrage.

There's one huge flaw in your argument: that Deadshot would just take them out from the start. None of your characters are from the X-Men universe (so none of your characters know who mine are and vice-versa) and you don't have basic knowledge as a perk. In a fight involving 20 giants, 15 of which will be charging at your team, and a girl with 10- inch nail claws also charging at your team, how would Deadshot know to pick out the two regular-looking humans at the back before Professor X can invade his mind?

I didn't target Jean and Charles because of knowledge that would be in this scenario, non-existent but rather because if Floyd started to barrage your team with a rain of bullets, those two would seemingly be vulnerable because Deathstrike and Frost Giants(?) can take them. Which then, of course, leaves those two vulnerable. My question to you is can Jean and Charles (If they are vulnerable to gunfire) get behind your team or venture to the back before the second that it would take Floyd, a quick draw and talented marksman, to pull out a gun and let it rain?

In any fight scenario that doesn't involve knowledge or prep, no character would target the two seemingly-least-threatening people when literal giants are rushing at them. People react to the most immediate threat in the environment. Picture this: you're in a house, and it's starting to catch fire, but in the same room as you, there is a bear. You're going to react to the bear first before you start reacting to the fire. Both are threats, but the bear is the most immediate one. It's basic psychology. The giants and Lady Deathstrike are the immediate threat.

For sure, but again at a starting of 20 ft. before anyone can think/do any bullrushing, Deadshot, an assassin who relies heavily on guns would draw and fire. If it doesn't bug the Frost Giants and Deathstrike (which it won't for Deathstrike but I need to know from you whether or not it will affect Frost Giants) than like my plan outlined Spidey deals with large hoards and Deadshot continues to let it rain on the rest of your team (Jean and Charles). A perfect example of why I targeted these two at the beginning for you.

Just a couple examples of Spidey's creativity with webbing:

Here Spidey quickly webs up Lizard, certainly far more agile than any fodder Frost Giant. Lizard eventually breaks out, but this is rather a testament to his own strength rather than the webbing's durability. And in different incarnations, namely Homecoming, webbing is far more durable.
Here Spidey quickly webs up Lizard, certainly far more agile than any fodder Frost Giant. Lizard eventually breaks out, but this is rather a testament to his own strength rather than the webbing's durability. And in different incarnations, namely Homecoming, webbing is far more durable.

https://youtu.be/NaFMg4JtWT8?t=188
https://youtu.be/7BnH5J79oPo?t=38

Here Spiderman shows off creativity with webbing. None of the "rookie" mistakes he makes here is anything that we have to worry about due to the experience of Garfield and Maguire Spiderman.

Let's pretend that Deadshot would figure out that he needs to go for Professor X and Jean first. He has to assess the situation, identify the target(s), find an opening through the 5 Frost Giants that are defending them, and then raise his gun/aim/shoot. None of that would happen instantly, and Professor X would be in his mind the whole time. In DoFP, Professor X froze Mystique as she was pulling out a gun to shoot Trask. Since Deadshot has no resistance to telepathy, there is absolutely no reason Professor X couldn't do the same to Deadshot before he can even raise his gun. And mind you, freezing just Deadshot would be the bare minimum of what Professor X could do to your team.

I think you're over analyzing. Far from stupid, but not one to over-assess anything, why wouldn't Floyd just keep firing among distorted and armored humans alike, and a lady with claws? He's most likely the "weakest" here, so he has no reason to try to be physical or analytical unless he absolutely HAS to. If the Frost Giants really were in the front line to guard Jean and Charles, would he not have to work around them so that Floyd is in his line of vision? Certainly if Charles or Jean don't get with an initial blast of fire and acts on someone other than Floyd, he could easily use his eye, to find an opening at Charles and Jean? Again this is assuming your plan and line of defense could form before Floyd just starts quick-firing at everyone. My advantage in this situation is that if one person on your team acts up than I got someone who's got his back because of our skill from long0range and weapons at our arsenal. For example in a scenario where Charles dies first, and Jean attacks Floyd, Spidey's got his back and vice versa.

You contradict your strategy here. First you say that Deadshot wouldn't even target the Frost Giants because it's a waste of bullets, but then you go on to say how he would start taking them out to help Spidey. Also, if Deadshot has access to his weapons, in what cases would he even resort to H2H combat?

My apologies, headed into this I totally forgot that the Frost Giants aren't legit giants, lol. I assumed that at first, they were legit Giants, and then I saw your post and thought back to the movies. To get to your second point, whenever he's up, close and personal.

No Caption Provided

Especially now that he has the stats of Cap, Floyd should be far more comfortable with H2h. If the Giants are bothered by bullets, I have no doubt that he can incorporate that into combat to take down some.

Zoom:

You make a fair point so I'll forget about the lightning thing. So in his former role, Zoom will join AoS as fodder to create an annoyance while fighting your team.

Deathstrike and Luke:

The skill, lethality, and agility that Lady Deathstrike demonstrated in her fight with Wolverine, and the ease with which she KO'd Cyclops without even using her claws, leads me to believe that she can take out 10 unarmed SHIELD agents very quickly and effortlessly. A de-powered Thor was easily taking out multiple SHIELD agents at a time. Lady Deathstrike's adamantium body/claws, martial arts, and morals off fighting style would give her an even greater advantage.

I think I have the advantage here. In terms of your point and a "group V. 1" style type fight, then yeah Deathstrike has a breeze. But in a fight where her main focus is Cage, fodder create another variable, shooting away (at no effect, but still it works from a distracting standpoint), forcing her to almost multi-task.

And that's assuming she takes on all 10 by herself. One strike or swing from a Frost Giant would be more than enough to take out a few agents, since their strength is easily in the 30-ton range.

Just to make it clear, I have one group helping Cage and Zoom, and another helping Spidey and Floyd. So most likely, they would to pre-occupied to help.

Luke Cage's durability is very impressive, but it doesn't compare to adamantium.

In the comics, Luke Cage's skin is compared to steel (at its lowest) and titanium (at its highest). Adamantium is way above titanium in terms of strength. Adamantium is the strongest metal on Earth, and can only be outclassed by adamantium itself or alien metals. Again in the comics, Wolverine has sliced through Hulk, whose durability far exceeds Luke Cage.

Once again, Judas bullets, which are for sure FAR more devastating (much less 2) are a pothole, that Luke was able to put up with for 1+ day and produce, far longer a duration than this fight will be. This is also taking in that combat speed, as a result of equalized speed, will give Deathstrike no advantage in a fight in terms of h2h. Agility is a different story to your point. However, we must take in that Luke is no push-over in terms of fighting.

Before Luke ever got his powers, after wrongly being put in prison, Luke agreed to take part in brutal prison fights. Luke quickly takes over and dominates and earns himself a reputation

Luke is not on par with Deathstrike. He is, however, a great "brawler" and combines that with the skill he no doubt picked up from his time as a policeman.

Since MCU Luke Cage has never encountered adamantium before, we can't say for certain. I would argue that MCU Luke Cage's durability is equal to or less than his comic version, and so adamantium would be able to cut through him. But even if that is not the case, Lady Deathstrike is much more agile than Luke Cage and would be able to stab him in the eyes once she realizes her claws won't break his skin. Professor X would even be able to warn her in advance and that he's highly durable. So either way, he would go down pretty quickly to Lady Deathstrike.

I'm not denying that adamantium would cut through him. What I'm saying though is because speed is equalized, and Luke is already a great fighter, Deathstrike holds no advantage in terms of combat speed, a small agility advantage, and a decent skill advantage. Is this enough to take Luke down? Yeah. Is it enough to do so before Spidey comes to his aid, and do so without being exhausted? No. Even when Luke is in trouble, he has 6 fodder to rely on to fire guns, jump on literally anything legit human shields would do to protect Luke. And of course from a small distance when Floyd has a moment to breathe, with his marksmanship he can easily send a few shots Deathstrike's way.

Spiderman and Floyd VS. Frost Giants

Spider-Man's strength is incredibly inconsistent across his movies and versions.

With Garfield. But because I have composite movie Spiderman, it allows me to pick the best trait of each Spidey. i.e. strength is probably Maguire of Holland, speed (irrelevant here but just as an example) goes to Garfield.

Spider-Man was incredibly out-strengthed by The Lizard and was forced to rely on his agility and webbing to deal with him. He physically struggled against The Lizard in all their fights. The research I've done into the exact strength of The Lizard puts him at 12 tons lifting strength. The Frost Giants are in the 30-ton range of strength, and there's 15 of them. Peter has never had to deal with this many opponents, with their size, strength and durability. As I showed in my first post, they have enough strength to knock back Thor and stagger him. Unless Spider-Man's durability is close to Thor's, one hit from a Frost Giant will be enough to seriously hurt him. Not only are they physically stronger, but they are capable of creating and throwing ice projectiles at Spider-Man, which he will also have to avoid. With equalized speed, this puts him at a disadvantage since his reactions become human.

Again you're nit-picking from GARFIELD Spidey who's probably the least imposing of the Spidermen. Durability is EASILY Maguire's, something I'll get into later. Webbing is the key here. Unless the Frost Giant's have strength similar the force put on Spidey's webbing, while his pure strength opposed that of the force of gravity on both halves of the Ferry (the Staten Island ferry weighs around 2.5-3.5 thousand tons) than the FG's are not getting out of Spidey's webbing. Of course, this doesn't take in that Spidey has various webbing to use at his aid. Furthermore, agility is what would allow Spidey to dodge projectiles.

Peter is a creative fighter, but he is in a new environment that is completely open-spaced. There are no objects, buildings, etc. for him to bind the giants to. I would also very much love to see a feat of him swinging around someone/something of a similar size to a Frost Giant.

Fair enough, proportional size makes things a problem. However what's stopping him from doing something as simple as him binding Giants together multiple times, to multiple giants?

In this clip from Agents of Shield, Lady Sif, who is an Asgardian, takes point-blank range fire from a shotgun. You could argue that it only hit her armour, but shotguns fire in a spread pattern, so there is no way the entire part of her exposed arm was untouched. There is no visible injury from this and she is only slightly thrown off-balance. This is my proof that Frost Giants could theoretically tank bullets of a similar or lesser caliber than a shotgun.

Lady Sif is a higher end Giant, no? I guess you can abide by her durability (which what I guessed, bothered by a gunshot, probably frustrated by many, which is perfect for Floyd.) but her strength and skill would be relative to he since she is a "main" giant (i.e. no Thangarian is as impressive or formidable os Hawkman/Hawkgirl.).

Deadshot firing at the giants would do nothing. The only way he would prove effective against them is by using the strength the Super Soldier Serum provides, and by doing so, would eliminate your only ranged fighter since he has to deal with the giants physically. Furthermore, like Spider-Man, he is outnumbered and has to deal with ranged projectiles also being fired at him, which I have shown are capable of piercing Asgardians.

You just showed me a gif with a high-end Frost Giant struggling to take a bullet. She took it and it probably had limited - no effect, but it clearly was tough. Again I hoped I proved that these altercations would all take place after the demise/incap. of Charles and Jean as I will later highlight in my strategy. I would think the Giants would be too caught up with the hassle of Spidey and Deadshot to throw projectiles mid-fight.

Conclusion

My plan doesn't defer much more. Deadshot still fires with no remorse, the long-range projectiles/abilities and 1-2 combo of Floyd and Peter allow them to take down the mutants, as Luke and fodder attack Deathstrike, as Spidey and Floyd continue to take out Frost Giants, and finally Luke holds off Deathstrike until Spidey and Deadshot and rest of remaing fodder gang up on Deathstrike.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: @batman3000:

Charles & Jean

Can she maintain a shield through sustained fire? How would that type of shield react to Peter's webbing? Rather than a purely offensive weapon, webbing could potentially disorient sight, stick onto shields, etc.

She maintained a shield against Cyclops' full-powered blast for about 14 seconds before dispersing his blast. She also maintained her shield against tons of water pressure for roughly 45 seconds WHILE doing about 5 other things at the same time. I'm pretty confident that she could react to Deadshot and hold up a shield against his bullets long enough for Xavier to take over his mind (which would take literally 1 second). And same goes for Spider-Man's webbings.

Two things:

1. With a character like Martian Manhunter, for example, a powerful telepath feels uncomfortable immediately reading an opponent's mind (at least the New 52 version) for the simple reason of invading one's privacy. Obviously, my team is your enemy, but do you know for a fact that it would be in character for Charles to immediately read someone's mind?

2. And if he is and does so in the seconds you say he'll do so, would he have enough time to react right away to Floyd barrage.

In any combat situation, Martian Manhunter has not hesitated to read his opponent's minds...same goes for any other telepath, including Charles. Also, in the X-Men films, Charles has never shown ANY inclination against reading other's thoughts. So to your answer your question, no, he wouldn't be uncomfortable doing so and would be willing to do so immediately.

Again, your logic for Deadshot immediately targeting and shooting the two normal humans in the back is quite flawed. He is up against 23 opponents, 21 of which are physically threatening and imposing. There is absolutely no logic that he would immediately target Charles & Jean. Without even having line of sight, Charles was able to freeze Mystique before she could even pull out her gun (again, I can't find the clip but this happens in DoFP on the White House lawn at the end of the film). Because Deadshot is quicker on the draw than Mystique, even if he were able to raise his gun and fire a few shots before being shut down (and this scenario is unlikely to happen), those shots would most certainly be directed at the giants and Deathstrike. Since Xavier would be in their minds from the start, he would see this coming and shut down Deadshot and the rest of your team in any of the many ways I already explained before he could get a shot off, however.

I didn't target Jean and Charles because of knowledge that would be in this scenario, non-existent but rather because if Floyd started to barrage your team with a rain of bullets, those two would seemingly be vulnerable because Deathstrike and Frost Giants(?) can take them. Which then, of course, leaves those two vulnerable. My question to you is can Jean and Charles (If they are vulnerable to gunfire) get behind your team or venture to the back before the second that it would take Floyd, a quick draw and talented marksman, to pull out a gun and let it rain?

Of course Jean and Xavier would be vulnerable to bullets, but as I already said many times, there is no reason he would target them first. Even if Deadshot's strategy is "shoot everyone", again, unless Charles is targeted for the first bullet, Deadshot would be shut down immediately the moment he raised his gun. This literally comes down to thought vs. action. Sure, maybe it would take a couple of seconds for Jean and Charles to get back and for Deathstrike and the giants to start charging. But if you're assuming Deadshot would immediately open fire the moment everyone spawned, then I can also assume Charles would shut down your entire team the moment everyone spawned. Speed of thought > speed of action.

For sure, but again at a starting of 20 ft. before anyone can think/do any bullrushing, Deadshot, an assassin who relies heavily on guns would draw and fire. If it doesn't bug the Frost Giants and Deathstrike (which it won't for Deathstrike but I need to know from you whether or not it will affect Frost Giants) than like my plan outlined Spidey deals with large hoards and Deadshot continues to let it rain on the rest of your team (Jean and Charles). A perfect example of why I targeted these two at the beginning for you.

Ties in to what I just said. With equalized speed, Charles can think and shut down your team before Deadshot can start firing and hit Charles.

Just a couple examples of Spidey's creativity with webbing:

Great examples of Spidey being creative and versatile with his webbing. However, as I already mentioned, here are the problems:

1) In your first example against Lizard, Peter is in an enclosed tunnel that allows him to be acrobatic and use the ceiling/walls to jump off. In our arena, an open desert, he does not have anything to jump off of except the combatants themselves. This severely limits his agility.

2) In the airport battle, again, Peter is relying on the plane and Ant-Man's size to swing off of. There is nothing similar to that in our arena for him to do that with.

3) In the video with the bank robbers, he used the ceiling and a desk to his advantage.

There are no ceilings, walls, or random objects in our arena to allow Peter to be as agile and acrobatic as he normally is. Therefore, this severely limits how creative he can be.

I think you're over analyzing. Far from stupid, but not one to over-assess anything, why wouldn't Floyd just keep firing among distorted and armored humans alike, and a lady with claws? He's most likely the "weakest" here, so he has no reason to try to be physical or analytical unless he absolutely HAS to. If the Frost Giants really were in the front line to guard Jean and Charles, would he not have to work around them so that Floyd is in his line of vision? Certainly if Charles or Jean don't get with an initial blast of fire and acts on someone other than Floyd, he could easily use his eye, to find an opening at Charles and Jean? Again this is assuming your plan and line of defense could form before Floyd just starts quick-firing at everyone. My advantage in this situation is that if one person on your team acts up than I got someone who's got his back because of our skill from long0range and weapons at our arsenal. For example in a scenario where Charles dies first, and Jean attacks Floyd, Spidey's got his back and vice versa.

I'm feeling like a broken record at this point in regards to debating your strategy, but I'll just clarify something: Charles does not require line of sight in order to use their powers. Also, a man with a gun is much more of an immediate threat than the rest of your team, all of which are primarily melee fighters. Deadshot would be dealt with first and foremost by Charles, and he can be dealt with before he even starts firing.

Deathstrike and Luke

I think I have the advantage here. In terms of your point and a "group V. 1" style type fight, then yeah Deathstrike has a breeze. But in a fight where her main focus is Cage, fodder create another variable, shooting away (at no effect, but still it works from a distracting standpoint), forcing her to almost multi-task.

Just to make it clear, I have one group helping Cage and Zoom, and another helping Spidey and Floyd. So most likely, they would to pre-occupied to help.

Lady Deathstrike can cut through 5 fodder and Zoom (with the limited martial arts of DCEU Batman) within seconds. And they can't do shit against her. Deathstrike has been shown to be incredibly agile, strong, and durable. One strike from her is enough to send Wolverine flying across the room and KO Cyclops. With her claws, she can cut them all down very quickly and easily, then move on to Luke.

Once again, Judas bullets, which are for sure FAR more devastating (much less 2) are a pothole, that Luke was able to put up with for 1+ day and produce, far longer a duration than this fight will be. This is also taking in that combat speed, as a result of equalized speed, will give Deathstrike no advantage in a fight in terms of h2h. Agility is a different story to your point. However, we must take in that Luke is no push-over in terms of fighting.

I'm not denying that adamantium would cut through him. What I'm saying though is because speed is equalized, and Luke is already a great fighter, Deathstrike holds no advantage in terms of combat speed, a small agility advantage, and a decent skill advantage. Is this enough to take Luke down? Yeah. Is it enough to do so before Spidey comes to his aid, and do so without being exhausted? No. Even when Luke is in trouble, he has 6 fodder to rely on to fire guns, jump on literally anything legit human shields would do to protect Luke. And of course from a small distance when Floyd has a moment to breathe, with his marksmanship he can easily send a few shots Deathstrike's way.

You're comparing the durability of Luke being able to survive more than a day from 2 non-lethal Judas bullet shots to lasting in a fight against Lady Deathstrike, who can literally slice him in half and end the fight right away. Lady Deathstrike doesn't have enhanced speed to begin with, so she isn't disadvantaged at all. Sure, Luke is a good brawler, but Deathstrike is leagues above him in terms of martial arts and agility.

Six fodder to rely on to fire guns...? Your SHIELD agents are un-armed.

Even if Deadshot had the time to "send a few shots Deathstrike's way", they would do absolutely nothing to her, since bullets do nothing to Wolverine.

Frost Giants vs. Spider-Man & Deadshot

Furthermore, agility is what would allow Spidey to dodge projectiles.

He would need to dodge and avoid 15 Frost Giants, both from close and ranged, without enhanced speed/reactions or anything to swing from and jump off of except the giants themselves.

Lady Sif is a higher end Giant, no? I guess you can abide by her durability (which what I guessed, bothered by a gunshot, probably frustrated by many, which is perfect for Floyd.) but her strength and skill would be relative to he since she is a "main" giant (i.e. no Thangarian is as impressive or formidable os Hawkman/Hawkgirl.)

In the MCU, Lady Sif is a normal Asgardian but just highly skilled and trained. She was only slightly bothered by a point-blank range shotgun blast. Unless Deadshot uses a high-powered rifle or very high-caliber bullets, his bullets would barely faze a Frost Giant.

You just showed me a gif with a high-end Frost Giant struggling to take a bullet. She took it and it probably had limited - no effect, but it clearly was tough. Again I hoped I proved that these altercations would all take place after the demise/incap. of Charles and Jean as I will later highlight in my strategy. I would think the Giants would be too caught up with the hassle of Spidey and Deadshot to throw projectiles mid-fight.

You're reaching if you're considering what Lady Sif did as "struggling". And again, it was a point-blank range shotgun blast.

When fighting Thor, Loki, Lady Sif, and the Warriors Three, the Frost Giants were using ranged projectiles. And with enough effect and efficiency that:

1) Lady Sif had to block a barrage of ice spikes with her shield

2) Fandral got impaled

3) Hogun got launched into the air by an ice pillar

Your Conclusion

My plan doesn't defer much more. Deadshot still fires with no remorse, the long-range projectiles/abilities and 1-2 combo of Floyd and Peter allow them to take down the mutants, as Luke and fodder attack Deathstrike, as Spidey and Floyd continue to take out Frost Giants, and finally Luke holds off Deathstrike until Spidey and Deadshot and rest of remaing fodder gang up on Deathstrike.

1) Deadshot will not get off a single shot before being shut down by Charles

2) You're implying that Peter will be able to deal with both the 15 giants and helping the rest of your team take out my team and the other 5 giants... Peter is good, but he isn't that good.

3) Fodder get sliced up by Lady Deathstrike within seconds

4) Deadshot's bullets will do nothing against the Frost Giants

5) Luke also lasts maybe a couple of seconds before Deathstrike cuts him down

If you're unclear about how quickly Charles can shut down Deadshot or even your whole team, please review the GIFs and videos I put in my first post.

My Conclusion

I'm going to present my conclusion/strategy in 4 different possible scenarios:

1) The most likely scenario: Since no one on your team has any telepathic defence, or knowledge of my team, or super speed (because of the equalized speed perk), your entire team gets immediately frozen and shut down by Professor X the moment the battle begins.

2) The second most likely scenario: For the same reasons as above, Professor X psychically assaults the minds of your entire team, leaving them in so much pain that they are unable to do anything, leaving my giants and Deathstrike to easily strike them down.

3) The third most likely scenario: Professor X simultaneously mind controls Deadshot and Luke Cage (after reading their thoughts and/or noticing the guns, both of which can be done way before Deadshot actually fires on Xavier), and has Luke Cage knock Deadshot out and then puts Luke to sleep. At the same time, Jean holds Spider-Man in place and he gets struck down by Lady Deathstrike, while the frost giants deal with the agents and Zoom.

4) The least likely scenario: Professor X takes control of Deadshot's mind and has him shoot up your agents and Zoom and fire on Spider-Man. Maybe he can avoid the first few shots because of his spidey-sense and agility, but then Jean holds him in place with her telekinesis and he becomes swiss cheese. Lady Deathstrike deals with Luke Cage. This is a fun scenario but unlikely to happen because of Professor X's morals.

As you can see, this fight will end in my favour, but can end in many different ways, all of which are equally effective.

No Caption Provided

Or Professor X has your team become friendly and compliant and we all enjoy a pizza party :)