Battle of the Anti-Divas

Lita is in her prime

Paige is at her best

Stipulation: No Holds Barred (No DQ)

Win: Pinfall or Submission

#2 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

Lita.

#3 Posted by comicace3 (12395 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who thinks the woman wrestlers have gotten better over the years?

#4 Posted by ZhuRong (6728 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3: Ehh not really. They seem to have gotten worse. Naomi is the only that amazes me and probably Natalya and Alicia too.

#5 Posted by comicace3 (12395 posts) - - Show Bio

@zhurong said:

@comicace3: Ehh not really. They seem to have gotten worse. Naomi is the only that amazes me and probably Natalya and Alicia too.

Nostalgia aside I do believe that they've gotten the least bit better given that they are stronger and a bit faster. Lita may have her in agility but that's about it.

#6 Posted by ZhuRong (6728 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3: Lita was pretty strong. She was able to compete against some males.

#7 Edited by comicace3 (12395 posts) - - Show Bio

@zhurong said:

She used her agility most of the time while going against them. And more than half the time she was manhandled.

#8 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (6161 posts) - - Show Bio

Lita curbstomps!...she's a much much better wrestler, probably the best ever.

#9 Posted by Jake Fury (22217 posts) - - Show Bio

Lita probably wins in a brawl but Paige is a way better wrestler. Lita was mostly a spot machine.

#10 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (6161 posts) - - Show Bio

@zhurong said:

She used her agility most of the time while going against them. And more than half the time she was manhandled.

Lol, Lita has been in matches than most Divas wouldn't even dare to compete in...she has jumped from the top of ladders and steel cages, went through tables, she was thrown into steel, falled from hights that most Divas wouldn't even have courage enough to climb...etc.

Heck, even simple "inside-ring" maneuvers, like the moonsault from the top rope...she was the first, and one of the few females to ever did it...the same goes for the suicide-dive.

She has fought guys many times, and toke finishers from many of them (yeah, they make it so it won't hurt as much as it looks like, but if you ask any wrestler, they will all tell you, that if you wanna be a wrestler, you better be prepared to feel alot of pain...)...

Lita is one of the few females in wrestling, that could actualy kick some a$$ in UFC...most of the wwe Divas of today, would cry like babies after the first 30 seconds in a UFC ring...lol, now that i'm thinking about it, i'm imagining them in UFC, lolol.

#11 Posted by comicace3 (12395 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3 said:

@zhurong said:

Lol, Lita has been in matches than most Divas wouldn't even dare to compete in...she has jumped from the top of ladders and steel cages, went through tables, she was thrown into steel, falled from hights that most Divas wouldn't even have courage enough to climb...etc.

Heck, even simple "inside-ring" maneuvers, like the moonsault from the top rope...she was the first, and one of the few females to ever did it...the same goes for the suicide-dive.

She has fought guys many times, and toke finishers from many of them (yeah, they make it so it won't hurt as much as it looks like, but if you ask any wrestler, they will all tell you, that if you wanna be a wrestler, you better be prepared to feel alot of pain...)...

Lita is one of the few females in wrestling, that could actualy kick some a$$ in UFC...most of the wwe Divas of today, would cry like babies after the first 30 seconds in a UFC ring...lol, now that i'm thinking about it, i'm imagining them in UFC, lolol.

Like I said all agility. Maybe she can get Paige with the moonsault and other wrestling maneuvers, but if Paige gets a grasp of her she'll be tossed around and/or end up in a submission. And you cannot deny that when she fight those men she has a high chance of being manhandled. She's tapped to the walls of Chris Jericho, Stunned by stone cold, power bombed, pedigreed, and knocked out by the twist of fate. I don't get the argument of her fighting men because most of the time she was manhandled. She has guts I'll give her that. And believe me when I agree that she absolutely stomps in any of those matches with steel cages or maybe even a tables ladders and chairs. Note that I haven't said who has won because this is a no DQ match and anything can happen. Heck this might be in Lita's ball park.I just wanted to bring up that fact that Paige might be the better wrestler and Female wrestlers have gotten a bit better over the years.

And the UFC comment I won't even address because some of those girl will clearly kick her ass.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#12 Posted by IndomitableRegal (14502 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, Lita has been in matches than most Divas wouldn't even dare to compete in...she has jumped from the top of ladders and steel cages, went through tables, she was thrown into steel, fell from heights that most Divas wouldn't even have courage enough to climb...etc.

Pretty much this. Lita was one of the best and unfortunately doesn't get remembered the way she should. The Divas division is worse now and one of the biggest things I noticed is that most of the moves in diva's matches today look terrible. They have no style, you can't take many of them seriously as wrestlers, and you can literally see them intentionally miss while their opponent tries to act like they're hurt. As far as raw skill, it's only a select few (like Natalya) that measure up. I like Paige (somehow, I keep thinking she could play Selene in Underworld) but she would lose.

#13 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (6161 posts) - - Show Bio

@bat_girl_cc said:

@comicace3 said:

@zhurong said:

Like I said all agility. Maybe she can get Paige with the moonsault and other wrestling maneuvers, but if Paige gets a grasp of her she'll be tossed around and/or end up in a submission. And you cannot deny that when she fight those men she has a high chance of being manhandled. She's tapped to the walls of Chris Jericho, Stunned by stone cold, power bombed, pedigreed, and knocked out by the twist of fate. I don't get the argument of her fighting men because most of the time she was manhandled. She has guts I'll give her that. And believe me when I agree that she absolutely stomps in any of those matches with steel cages or maybe even a tables ladders and chairs. Note that I haven't said who has won because this is a no DQ match and anything can happen. Heck this might be in Lita's ball park.I just wanted to bring up that fact that Paige might be the better wrestler and Female wrestlers have gotten a bit better over the years.

And the UFC comment I won't even address because some of those girl will clearly kick her ass.

Wrestling its scripted, the winner its defined before the match starts, so she losing or not, doesn't make her a bad wrestler.

Just the fact that wwe saw in her talent enough to handle a Monday Night Raw main event, tells me that she's really good.

I'm not saying that Lita would be a UFC champion, or something like that...all i'm saying, is that i can see her holding her own, at least in some matches, while 75% of the wwe Divas would give up in less than one minute, and retire after the first match.

#14 Edited by Bat_Girl_CC (6161 posts) - - Show Bio

@bat_girl_cc said:

Lol, Lita has been in matches than most Divas wouldn't even dare to compete in...she has jumped from the top of ladders and steel cages, went through tables, she was thrown into steel, fell from heights that most Divas wouldn't even have courage enough to climb...etc.

Pretty much this. Lita was one of the best and unfortunately doesn't get remembered the way she should. The Divas division is worse now and one of the biggest things I noticed is that most of the moves in diva's matches today look terrible. They have no style, you can't take many of them seriously as wrestlers, and you can literally see them intentionally miss while their opponent tries to act like they're hurt. As far as raw skill, it's only a select few (like Natalya) that measure up. I like Paige (somehow, I keep thinking she could play Selene in Underworld) but she would lose.

Agreed. Actually i think that The board of directors just lost faith in the Divas, and they stopped pushing them, they have less "air-time" than ever, and they barely have 5 minutes per match...though, their "in-ring" skill, its quite bad, for the most part.

Natalya, in a real fight would probably wreck the entire lock-room at once! minus for Beth Phoenix...i would like to see a Lita vs Natalya, UFC match...though i think that one of them, would leave in a ambulance.

#15 Posted by IndomitableRegal (14502 posts) - - Show Bio

@bat_girl_cc: Where is Beth Phoenix? She just sort of dropped off the map. Anyway, I agree with you. The Divas could be a huge commodity again, but many of them are just lacking...something, whether it be ring presence, mic presence, or just their personality. Also, I think I might pay to see Lita vs Natalya in UFC.

#17 Posted by ZhuRong (6728 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#18 Posted by those_eyes (17291 posts) - - Show Bio

lita

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
#19 Posted by NinjaWarrior268 (11948 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal said:
@bat_girl_cc said:

Agreed. Actually i think that The board of directors just lost faith in the Divas, and they stopped pushing them, they have less "air-time" than ever, and they barely have 5 minutes per match...though, their "in-ring" skill, its quite bad, for the most part.

Natalya, in a real fight would probably wreck the entire lock-room at once! minus for Beth Phoenix...i would like to see a Lita vs Natalya, UFC match...though i think that one of them, would leave in a ambulance.

Male pro wrestling is fake too so what's significant about female wrestling being fake?

#20 Posted by IndomitableRegal (14502 posts) - - Show Bio

@bat_girl_cc said:
@indomitableregal said:
@bat_girl_cc said:

Male pro wrestling is fake too so what's significant about female wrestling being fake?

Aww man. Are you being that guy? The "quote a 4 year old post just to argue by stating widely known, yet irrelevant to the conversation facts" guy? Shame on you. Shame lol.