k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@FinalStar86:
Based on my knowledge of Link, Deadpool has him outclassed in virtually everything.  Speed, fighting abilities, weaponry, agility, and a healing factor to top it off.  I've never been a big fan of the franchise, but my gf loves them and makes me play them all of the time.  So, I'm open to seeing why you believe Link stands a chance.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By FinalStar86
@k4tzm4n:If its anything goes I am assuming Link would have all of his weapons and equipment which would mean he has the gloves and the boots that give him super strenght and speed, along with the power of 3 goddesses and access to Oni power [from Majora's mask]

Under normal circumstances I can see Wade taking it though
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@FinalStar86:
I assumed it was standard equipment for Link, not giving him the most powerful items possible. (shield, sword, bombs, arrows, grappling hooks, etc)
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FinalStar86
@k4tzm4n: technically the shield, bombs, arrows and hookshot are part of his standard gear
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@FinalStar86:
I should have edited that post.  The gear I listed afterwards is what I view as his standard gear.  So I was under the impression that is what he's equipped with for this match...Where-as Deadpool would likely have twin katanas, a submachine gun, daggers, and grenades.
Fireheart10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fireheart10

Are you talking about Link from Zelda?
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By mavfan626

I'm gonna say link if its a sword fight coz he's got his health bar (That thing is insane) and his most likely got fairys. Deadpool ftw if they know each other. 

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@mavfan626 said:
"

I'm gonna say link if its a sword fight coz he's got his health bar (That thing is insane) and his most likely got fairys. Deadpool ftw if they know each other. 

"

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mavfan626
@k4tzm4n:
?????????
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@mavfan626:
He wouldn't have a health bar...
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mavfan626
@k4tzm4n:
why not? anything goes.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@mavfan626 said:
"@k4tzm4n: why not? anything goes. "

Then how would you even determine how much health an attack would take away? Be logical and assume and standard durability + his armor.
othus12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By othus12

@k4tzm4n: if link doesnt have his health bar he may as well have a HUGE durability because there is no attack in the game that can put him down for good at once,an explosive that blew up a boulder of about 30 tons does about 1-2 hearts of damage (if he blocks then none) so if we consider that link should be able to whistand even a missile. moreover he has infinite stamina, he never gets tired and doesnt even need to sleep. he is far above deadpool,not to mention is almost impossible to blitz him considering he has defeated enemies with warping habilities

Leon_Dissada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Lets not forget link has the souls of the reincarnated links from the past. thats bound to give him the edge

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

People let´s be serious we never use game mechanics as feats for game characters.....we can use Links showing from ingame videos and stuff but with his standard gear there is no way he defeats DP.

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool with a glass of YooHoo choco milk takes this !

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given the vagueness of the OP, it's hard not to imagine that Deadpool kills Link with bullets... or grenades... or rockets...

However, after further thought and tons of nostalgia, I think Link is capable of taking the the majority here. OP said "anything goes" which means we can pick and choose whatever spells/equipment Link has ever used in any LoZ game during the past two decades. Heck, the stuff found in OoT is enough to win this. Assuming they start off at a range, Farore's Wind allows Link to keep up with Deadpool since they'll both be teleporters. Personally, I think Deadpool is the quicker fighter, which is a factor that can be negated by Din's Fire. DF is a huge AOE spell that would hurt Wilson enough to the point where Link has more windows of opportunity to take advantage of in a sword fight. An alternative would be Nayru's Love, which would make Link 100% invincible to anything Deadpool throws at him. There's just no way of beating someone in close quarters combat if they can't be hurt/stunned. Furthermore, the Master Sword (in it's best incarnations) can emit waves of energy that hurt heavy hitters, and I don't think Wilson can evade those.

That's pretty much a best case scenario of how Link could beat Deadpool. He still won't be able to kill him, despite the fact that his abilities/weapons are magic-based, so at most he'll just decapitate him and run away with the head. Link won't be able to use his bow, boomerang, clawshot, bombs, or golden gauntlets because they're useless against someone with DP's speed and agility. In an endurance contest, Wilson wins any day of the week due a healing factor that makes Wolverine green with envy. I don't think Link will ever be able to beat Deadpool 10/10 times, but it's entirely possible for him to get the majority.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@alak said:

However, after further thought and tons of nostalgia, I think Link is capable of taking the the majority here. OP said "anything goes" which means we can pick and choose whatever spells/equipment Link has ever used in any LoZ game during the past two decades.

Iirc battle forum rules say if not stated then we use standard equipment, current versions, etc... Though I have no idea what game current link is in. I know the timeline is hard to figure out.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Alak

@grandsymbiote94 said:

@alak said:

However, after further thought and tons of nostalgia, I think Link is capable of taking the the majority here. OP said "anything goes" which means we can pick and choose whatever spells/equipment Link has ever used in any LoZ game during the past two decades.

Iirc battle forum rules say if not stated then we use standard equipment, current versions, etc... Though I have no idea what game current link is in. I know the timeline is hard to figure out.

If we disregard DS and 3DS releases (which include the OoT remake), then Skyward Sword should be accepted as the current game. He doesn't have any magical abilities, and the only notable equipment are True Master Sword (abilities are that of which I've already mentioned), Hylian Shield (allegedly unbreakable), and Fireshield Earrings (protects him from getting burned). The MS sword's energy waves can really damage Deadpool, but I doubt it'll do enough to KO him. Shield should do well against guns, but fragments from grenades can't be protected since the shield only blocks what's in front of Link. Earrings are only good against explosions, but won't do jack squat with shrapnel. I already mentioned that Deadpool is quicker and more agile, and his teleporter should get past Link's Master Sword's ranged attacks.

Deadpool definitely takes the majority against Skyward Sword Link.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

@alak said:

If we disregard DS and 3DS releases (which include the OoT remake), then Skyward Sword should be accepted as the current game. He doesn't have any magical abilities, and the only notable equipment are True Master Sword (abilities are that of which I've already mentioned), Hylian Shield (allegedly unbreakable), and Fireshield Earrings (protects him from getting burned). The MS sword's energy waves can really damage Deadpool, but I doubt it'll do enough to KO him. Shield should do well against guns, but fragments from grenades can't be protected since the shield only blocks what's in front of Link. Earrings are only good against explosions, but won't do jack squat with shrapnel. I already mentioned that Deadpool is quicker and more agile, and his teleporter should get past Link's Master Sword's ranged attacks.

Deadpool definitely takes the majority against Skyward Sword Link.

Good points, I agree.

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheIrishDoctor

Each Link carries the soul of the hero and thus is a reincarnation of himself. Thus it is presumed that Link is equally skilled throughout each game, at least as far as potential goes. He still has to learn the skills, but this is Link at his best, so we presume that his swordsmanship and bowmanship skills are equal throughout the different Links. Thus bowmanship feats and swordsmanship feats are equal across all Links, including Dark Link, who is a perfect mirror of Link.

Swordsmanship feats from Link? When stabbed at with a broadsword, he can backflip into the air and land on his opponent's blade. He is incredibly agile, using rolls and backflips in the middle of combat against monsters and dark warriors. As far as skill goes, he's beaten warriors who are powered by gods. Also 9 foot tall (my estimate) demonic warriors who are first outfitted with insane armor and, after that is removed, are far more agile than any human, plus strong enough to toss a sword that probably weighs 150 pounds like it's a throwing knife (and he has beaten 4 of these guys simultaneously). These inhuman guy's also have reflexes great enough to parry arrows fired from only a couple feet away, and yet Link still keeps up with them in swordplay and after fighting a couple, generally dominates them.

Bowmanship skills? Well, when using a magic bow whose arrows travel far faster than ordinary arrows and are unaffected by gravity (several Link's have this, and you CAN'T just say it's a gameplay element because OTHER characters in the same game have arrows that fly slower and drop after a certain distance) he is able to hit a pole off on a rooftop on the other side of a small village. Plus he uses this bow in very short range and aims much faster than normal humans can, backflipping and side jumping to get out of his enemies' range. His bow is basically a sniper-rifle, and functions better than most actual sniper rifles that I've used.

I'd say that in swordsmanship skill Link surpasses Deadpool pretty significantly, in agility he is probably pretty equal (They've both pulled off some really crazy inhuman stunts). Link's disadvantage is in his lack of a healing factor (although most Link's carry around at least a couple fairies in bottles to overcome this at least temporarily). I could also give a whole thing about how Link's life meter SHOULD be included, based on the idea that Heart Containers are magical artifacts that increase a person's durability, but that's a theory of mine and totally conjecture, so it can't be used here (I used it in MY Link topic, because I made the rules. Bahaha.)

Thus it ALL depends on weaponry and THAT all depends on which Link we use. You can't just use the most recent Link, which is usually done because the most recent showings are the most up to date figure of a person's abilities, because each Link here is actually a different person, just with the same spirit. So the logical thing to do is to use the most well known and iconic Link, which is probably Ocarina of Time Link.

In which case, Link stomps Deadpool pretty handily. Ice arrows alone would take this. Add in Nayru's Love, a spell that make's link invincible until he runs out of magic, or Din's Fire, a very fast and very powerful AOE spell, the freaking Deku nuts! (seriously everyone always forgets the freaking Deku nuts! They are like the most useful thing in this battle). Link beats Deadpool most of the time. Deadpool CAN take a win, if he gets off a lucky shot that gets through Link's shields, but I find it MUCH more likely that Link would Deku Nut him first and then cut his head off while he's paralyzed. And this version of Link also has a spell placed on him near the end that halves all damage that he takes. Even if you don't count the life bar as counting, this definitely does, putting Link at at LEAST double human durability.

Other versions of Link can possibly take, and certain versions can not. A Link to the Past Link wins with OP Bombos Medallion and Cane of Somaria/Magic Cape. Wind Waker can go either way with Magic armor, Ice/Fire arrows, and possibly Boomerang if he manages to hit Deadpool. Twilight Princess Link's best shot is with Great Fairy Tears + Magic Armor and if he gets lucky, Bomb arrows, but he's likely to lose some matches (7/10 maybe). All other Link's lose after a long war of attrition due to their superior skill and power going up against a guy who just keeps on healing.

Avatar image for xerothehedgeh209
XeroTheHedgeh209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalstar86: is the master sword strong enough to kill someone immortal like deadpool well not really because how link is going to kill someone immortal.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Link stomps.

SirFizzWhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on gear load out, Link curbs.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

@k4tzm4n: I don't believe Deadpool is superior to Link in every way. Link is strong is enough to lift large boulders and has reflex that appear instantaneous. Also, you went out of your way to say Deadpool would win if it was link from the beginning of the games because Link from the end of the game would win.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Apocofist

@ninjawarrior268: If you're referring to Link lifting large granite in Ocarina of Time, he required the use of gauntlets for those.

If anything goes then Wade gets prep so he has the win in my book.

Link's got an arsenal that dwarfs Doomguy's though.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Amendment50

People that would pick Deadpool with this few restrictions for Link would just pick it because they don't actually play Zelda and think Link is just some fantasy sword guy.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@apocofist: teen Link has had natural super strength since Twilight Princess.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Apocofist
Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This can go a million ways lol

TeaganWallis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inb4 planet level Link

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: So are you saying that whomever picks Deadpool is wrong?

Just asking, I've played the Zelda games and I'll give Wade the win since anything goes so he can get prepped for this.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wolfrazer

@ninjawarrior268 said:

@apocofist: teen Link has had natural super strength since Twilight Princess.

Well technically since anything goes here, Link's had super stats since the 90s, if including the Mangas.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apocofist: According to the OP, anything goes. Soo...yeah.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mooty_Pass

OH this is a good one...So which Link are we talking about? Is this Composite Link or a Specific Version of him. And Which Deadpool? Composite, Pre-Secret Wars Deadpool or Post Secret Wars DeadPool?

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Apocofist
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OH this is a good one...So which Link are we talking about? Is this Composite Link or a Specific Version of him. And Which Deadpool? Composite, Pre-Secret Wars Deadpool or Post Secret Wars DeadPool?

Says anything goes in the OP.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Thekillerklok

Link lightly cuts at deadpool via the sword of evil's bane.

and deadpool doesn't dodge...

link and this isn't fair.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: That Kinda doesn't help I mean now were all assuming its composite on both sides then.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer said:

@apocofist: According to the OP, anything goes. Soo...yeah.

Anything goes in the fight. That means death, KO, surrender, whatever, without restriction. It does not mean you get to use whatever non canon obscure versions of the characters you want lol.

Without specification we should be using the current mainstream canon versions. AKA 616 Deadpool and a video game version of Link, probably composite.

And if we were doing whatever non-canon versions we wanted, there is a Galactus version of Deadpool, so let's just not go down that road and stick to canon.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Amendment50

And for the record guys, if you don't want to use composite VG Link, the most recent iteration of him from canon (outside of Breath of the Wild which is not released yet) is the Link from Link Between Worlds/Link to the Past.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Wolfrazer

@amendment50: Well the OP didn't specify anything soo...../shrug

I mean I guess we could just go back 6 years ago and use whatever versions there was, since that's what the rules say, but the OP said anything goes too. /Shrug

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: ...And according to battle forum rules, when nothing is specified we use the current mainstream canon versions.