Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Rules:

- Morals on, but serious.

- Standart Teamwork. If Enemies work together, it is clear for them that they need to work with their partner.

- Standart Gear

- Fight takes Place in Seoul. Plenty of Water, Earth and Metal is here.

_-No Avatar State

The Gauntlet:

Round one: The Lieutenant & Asami Sato

Round two: Zhao & Zuko (Book one)

Round three: Desna & Eska

Round four: Kya & Tonraq

Round five: Bolin & Mako

Round six: Ghazan & Ming-Hua

Round seven: Korra (No Waterbending) & Kuvira

Round eight: Unalaq & Tenzin

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Stop at 6, Ghazan and Ming Hua are way more powerful and work as well together as Suyin and Lin.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 is a challenge but the sisters should win

6 is when I think they might lost a majority, but it'd be close. Ming and Ghazan just have the advantage of versatility, between Ming's speed and Ghazan's raw power

7 and 8 they definitely lose a majority. Too much power and at least equal speed from the opposing duos

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop at 6. Also, the Lieutenant and Asami > Zhao and B1 Zuko.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop hard at 5 or 6. Really more concerned with how Desna and Eska ranked lower then Kya and Tonraq

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Could very easily clear. The sisters are both master benders of the highest order with some of the best physicals and extremely good teamwork.

6 is a good fight. Ming Hua is MVP but Ghazan is a weak link. Im going to give the sisters the majority. Ghazan won't last long.

Either of them beats Korra and either beats Kuvira so they win zero question.

Other than that, ether of them beats Unalaq, but either loses to Tenzin.

They either stop at 8 or clear. The rest of the teams do not really stand a chance. And if I had to choose, I'd say they clear.

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: @lvenger: Reasons? How do they beat 5, and why do they lose at 6?

@mial42 said:

Stop at 6. Also, the Lieutenant and Asami > Zhao and B1 Zuko.

Agree, but the Sisters cozuld just bend their metal.

@koays said:

Stop hard at 5 or 6. Really more concerned with how Desna and Eska ranked lower then Kya and Tonraq

Tonraq has far better physicals, and comparable/equal alter feats, and his fight against Unalaq is inda impressive, while Ming-Hua has a nice performance vs Zaheer, and Kya has a far better performance against Ming.

Could very easily clear. The sisters are both master benders of the highest order with some of the best physicals and extremely good teamwork.

6 is a good fight. Ming Hua is MVP but Ghazan is a weak link. Im going to give the sisters the majority. Ghazan won't last long.

Either of them beats Korra and either beats Kuvira so they win zero question.

Other than that, ether of them beats Unalaq, but either loses to Tenzin.

They either stop at 8 or clear. The rest of the teams do not really stand a chance. And if I had to choose, I'd say they clear.

I´d challenge thta. Reasons?

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 6. They would lose to either 1v1 and Ming Hua could arguably solo them.

Get destroyed at 7. Neither stand a chance vs Korra with an entire river and both would lose a healthy majority to Kuvira.

Tezin or Unalaq solo and team stomps.

The sisters are barely high tier and could be argued to be top of mid.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 anthp2000  Moderator

@darthfallax: Korra and Unalaq have nothing but scale on the sisters and as long as they have metal, it's useless since they can straight up overpower them. Unalaq and Korra need to stand on the water in order to go water spout in which case they still lose on account of not having enough options for defence and evasion to counter neither Lin or Su's insane precision and accuracy. Both of them are also faster than most people here.

Unalaq or Korra would be simply outmatched in every single way and though it's be good fight, they cannot beat either of them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Will answer for Korra tomorrow.

As for Unalaq - you have the CaV.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 anthp2000  Moderator
noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 anthp2000  Moderator

@darthfallax: Wait.

I thought it said Korra with only waterbending lol

Korra with waterbending would be a very close fight. Without it, it's not even close at all imo...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfallax: I don't think they can bend the metal. Both of them use equalist equipment, and despite the several times equalists have gone toe to toe with metalbenders, they've never actually bent the equalist weapons. Also, the Lieutenant has beaten Lin twice, and their weapons are excellent against metalbenders.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop maybe at 5, definitely at 6.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I didn't see Korra had no water. I thought it said water only. The sisters lose even worse now. Air and earth/metal to counter everything they can do? Korra bodies them.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: With morals, Mako is a significant weak link vs this team as well as having poor showings vs cables.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I didn't see Korra had no water. I thought it said water only. The sisters lose even worse now. Air and earth/metal to counter everything they can do? Korra bodies them.

This. The sisters are not near her level.

@tektonic: With morals, Mako is a significant weak link vs this team as well as having poor showings vs cables.

Perhaps.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

May stop at 5, or 6, but 7 is a sure stop.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator

@tektonic: yeah, they aren't near her level. They are well above.

@mial42: The Lieutenant beat her once with the help of 10 equalists.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

He also cheap shotted her at the Arena (not really a win per say, but it shows her vulnerability against electrical weapons).

10 equalists that couldn't hurt her and only attacked when she was ready for them instead of trying to gang up on her.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on nothing. Neither have any advantage against Korra.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 anthp2000  Moderator
@mial42 said:

@anthp2000:

He also cheap shotted her at the Arena (not really a win per say, but it shows her vulnerability against electrical weapons).

10 equalists that couldn't hurt her and only attacked when she was ready for them instead of trying to gang up on her.

That I agree with, it's just not a loss.

10 equalists that weren't as good as the ones that stomped Korra and Mako, but were still not typical fodder at all. Combined with the Lieutenant.

@tektonic said:
@anthp2000 said:

Based on feats. Korra does not have anything to deal with a combo of cables or metal sheets AoE involving straightfrward and curved attacks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

Those equalists got stomped by Meelo and Ikki. I'd say they were the worst equalists we saw, and they couldn't even hurt Lin.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@anthp2000 said:

Based on feats. Korra does not have anything to deal with a combo of cables or metal sheets AoE involving straightfrward and curved attacks.

Cables? She easily dodges and/or slaps them aside. Episode 1 Korra could handle cables with her bare hands. Korra also easily slaps away the sheets. Korra has so many ways to deal with these two it's silly.

Lin is so beneath Korra that she took a while to defeat a single EE soldier in an enviroment that suited her no less, while Korra one shot two with the most basic air blasts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They stop at 6.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 anthp2000  Moderator

@tektonic: Not really. Lin > fodder cops.

Since when can Oorra slap metal sheets away?

There's absolutely no reason to assume the guys that Korra took down by surprise are as good as the guy that faught Lin. And ABC logic is horrible btw.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42: Jinora also one shot the Lieutenant. I don't think it's fair to use the kids fight like that. If anything it was plot for them to have their moment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

Jinora did it when he was walking over to finish Lin, and logically she'd be significantly better than her siblings (she's apparently as skilled as Tenzin by S3, which is only about 6 months later). Ikki outright one-shotted them with an air scooter. And again, the equalists were just standing around until Lin got to them, rather than doing something useful like throwing bolas.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vengefulshot

@anthp2000: She slapped several away in this fight here as well as dealing with cables:

Loading Video...

There are more examples of her dealing with both that I can provide if you wish.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: Not really. Lin > fodder cops.

Since when can Oorra slap metal sheets away?

There's absolutely no reason to assume the guys that Korra took down by surprise are as good as the guy that faught Lin. And ABC logic is horrible btw.

And EOS Korra>>>>>>BOS Korra.

Well she has many methods to do so. She can slap them away with metalbending, she may not be a better metal bender yet but she has advanced to the point she can redirect attacks from superior opponents here and there.

She can also use airbending which Korra has already used too destroy meteorites, slap away metal constructs and strips, block explosions that can tear through metal, unearth entire metal airships out of sand, and push back a 25 story platinum mech.

There is no reason to assume they were weaker. The guy who fought Lin was no different from the guys who fought Mako and Bolin. All the men in their were especially skilled and the ones in the cockpit shouldn't be less so.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 anthp2000  Moderator

@tektonic: Now where's the counter to what I said at first? Yes, we know Korra can deal with some straightforward attacks. But the ssters have more. Lin can curve her cables and use 4 of them at once with incredible accuracy. Same with Suyin and even worse since she has cables, metal sheets and those metal thingies she used against Zaheer that can be curved all at once.

By feats they are. And like I said, ABC logic is not nearly applicable here. Korra used the bet element you can have against such metal benders and took them by surprise.

@mial42: The Lt. was looking at Jinora launching him away.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

...Ok? She used an AOE attack to knock him away. How is that evidence that the fodder chi-blockers (who didn't do anything that could've been helpful against Lin, and only attacked when she was ready for them, and got one-shotted by Ikki's air scooter and Meelo's fartbending) are good enough to make keeping up with them comparable to Kuvira's feats?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42: Again, they are not to great hut theybarent your typical fodder. They did not wait for Lin at all. Sure they didn't bombard her combined but they were charging at her before she could actually take out the ones she was already fighting.

They are more than comparable to Kuvira's because the Lieutenant alone is as fast as Korra. Add in 10 equalists and you have a great speed feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

In general chi-blockers were elite fodder, but they jobbed hard in this fight.

You can literally see the Lieutenant and 2 chi-blockers just standing there.
You can literally see the Lieutenant and 2 chi-blockers just standing there.

First of all, as I showed above, the Lieutenant was jobbing.

Second, the Lieutenant was only a match in speed for B1 Korra, and she improved over the course of the series. The best example is probably her progression against Unalaq:

Goes from being outsped by him.
Goes from being outsped by him.
To being evenly matched.
To being evenly matched.

Korra was a casual arrow-timer in B1, but all of her higher end speed feats occur later in the series.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42: Or Lin is just that fast. You want me to believe that P'Li can magically appear from one side of a mountain cliff t the other with 20 people including 2 master charging at her but you don't want me to believe Lin, who was already portrayed as much better than pretty much anyone but Tenzin in Book 1 mind you, cannot be faster than the Lieutenant?

I was going to make this argument in our CaV. I question, where the heck do you see Unalaq outspeeding Korra in that gif? She dodged his attack. He ouspeeded Mako, but not Korra.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

Why are you talking about P'li?

Are you saying that Lin and those three chi-blockers she hit are SO fast that the Lieutenant and those other chi-blockers are frozen in comparison? Because it's either that or jobbing.

I'd say B1 Korra was portrayed on the same level as Lin in B1.

She didn't dodge, he knocked her away. If she did dodge, then Unalaq was fast enough to knock around Mako before she recovered. Either way, he was faster.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42: Because it's a similar situation-argument I think.

They could be frozen the moment Lin was launching them up in the air. We see Lin charging in slow mo after all.

Eh, I think that esspecially the part where the equalists took down Lin and Tenzin from behind to later wreck havoc in the arena portrayed the 2 as better than anyone. Also when Tarrlok attacked them. I don't know.

She dodged. Unalaq's would both hurt a lot more than slaps and we actually see the water going in a clean, straight line hitting nothing in its path.

So is Korra supposed to be protecting Mako?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

And I still have no idea what you're talking about regarding P'li.

So you actually are trying to argue that Lin is so fast that the Lieutenant looked frozen in comparison? That's honestly absurd. Also, she isn't charging in slow-mo and we see the chi-blockers she hit flying away while the Lieutenant is just standing there.

The Lieutenant specifically took down Mako, Korra, and Bolin, so it's not like that was special treatment.

If she dodged, why was she knocked away? Unalaq wasn't trying to kill her, remember.

Either (a) Korra didn't dodge, or (b) she dodged but recovered so slowly that Mako and Unalaq had time for their exchange. Either option paints Unalaq is being faster than her.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42: I'm just saying. You cannot find an argument where Lin is fater the Lieutenant absurd while you think it's valid that P'Li can not only teleport from 1 side of Laghimmas Peak to the other with the sisters and the entire Metal Clan charging at her but also actually pinning them down.

Again, we only see him frozen the moment Lin sends them flying. It's not absurd. And I don't even know why he would wait for her. He certainly did not wait for her on the roof of the arena when he cheap shot her.

It certainly looked slow mo to me. You know, the part before that gif.

It kinda was. The Lieutenant did not know that these 3 would be on the water. It just happened. Other than that they were casual. But with Lin and Tenzin, everything was planned out well before the match.

She wasn't "knocked away". But obviously she has to move out of the way in order to dodge. I don't know why this is so weird.

That also contradicts to Korra being faster than Mako, which isn't debatable.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: Now where's the counter to what I said at first? Yes, we know Korra can deal with some straightforward attacks. But the ssters have more. Lin can curve her cables and use 4 of them at once with incredible accuracy. Same with Suyin and even worse since she has cables, metal sheets and those metal thingies she used against Zaheer that can be curved all at once.

By feats they are. And like I said, ABC logic is not nearly applicable here. Korra used the bet element you can have against such metal benders and took them by surprise.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Please post gifs.

Regardless I'm sure Korra can block, outright overpower, dodge, since she has already dealt with so many extremely fast attacks in large volumes as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

I think the Lieutenant and Lin are around the same speed, and even if they aren't, Lin's certainly not so much faster that the Lieutenant would appear frozen. I've never tried to claim P'li can teleport.

Except he's not moving at all. That implies Lin and the chi-blockers she hit were moving so fast over a period of around a second that the Lieutenant was literally frozen in comparison. Even Aang never did anything on that level, even when he went up against fodder. The more likely explanation is that the Lieutenant and the chi-blockers were jobbing, consistent with how easily the airkids beat them.

I don't think it is.

Why wouldn't he know? The finale match was publicized heavily as the Fire Ferrets vs the Wolfbats, and Amon had the whole thing planned out extensively, even had a speech ready. All the fodder cops were also taken down with planning, are they now above B1 Korra by portrayal?

The way she moves certainly seems like she's knocked away, especially since it took her so long to recover. You can even see part of Unalaq's projectile splinter off, which it wouldn't have if it didn't hit anything.

Which is why I think it's more likely she was hit.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@tektonic: I cannot post gifs from mobile. But in order to wrap people up and ragdoll them, Lin circles her cables around the opponent. Unlike the fodder cops Korra faught.

And we know she can use 4 cables, 2 from each hand. We see it for the first time when she grabs the part of the roof near the hole Korra fell in after her fight with the Lieutenant. When she jumped in to save her.

Suyin used some metal thingies that she curved in mid air to disable Zaheer's glider when he was trying to capture Korra from Lin in Zaofu.

She cannot makes 360° shields on top of a spout to save her from a combo of straightforward and curved attacks and she does not have a way around any of the sisters' environmental attacks that will send her flying and tag her as an easily telegraphed target in mid air. And a tag from either of them is a one shot. They beat her on a spout, they beat on the ground. She is more than capable of working around some of their attacks but not all, certainly not more than the sisters can work around hers that are mostly just straightforward.

This is a main reason why I rank the sisters so high. They can have incredible combo that can counter most styles, litteraly almost everything including Korra's grounded or aerial style with the use of spouts. So can Kuvira but not as efficientlt, it's just not exactly IC for them.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42: That makes sense. However, I see no reason as to why he would job. At least not for the rest of the fight.

Amon was the one that payed the refs?

The cops were taken by planning cause they would have seen the whole thing by the formation they had.

But it was not just one part of the projectile that splintered. Not the one on Korra's side. The whole thing splintered which is why I think it just had so much force.

And Unalaq's water being as powerful as a slap would also be inconsistent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

Jobbing is jobbing. There doesn't have to be an in-verse reason. Lin also jobbed a bit in that fight (using cables instead of earthbending against the Lieutenant).

No, but one team was going to lose (obviously), and he had the Lieutenant take down the losers while he beat the winners. Also, this point is sort of irrelevant; if we look at how they did against similar opponents in S1 Korra and Lin had a comparable record.

If you hit a piece of glass with a hammer, the whole thing will shatter. Not just one side. Same principle here.

But he wasn't trying to kill Korra, he needed her to open the portal.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Tektonic

@anthp2000 said:

@tektonic: I cannot post gifs from mobile. But in order to wrap people up and ragdoll them, Lin circles her cables around the opponent. Unlike the fodder cops Korra faught.

All metalbending police officers do that. In even happens twice in the same episode by the same cops.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Didn't work on Korra because she stop it before it could wrap around.

Korra later learns how to counter cables even after being ensnared. Though this gif doesn't show that completely she does reverse it after.

No Caption Provided

And we know she can use 4 cables, 2 from each hand. We see it for the first time when she grabs the part of the roof near the hole Korra fell in after her fight with the Lieutenant. When she jumped in to save her.

And? She can just block them all with air or reverse it with metalbending.

No Caption Provided
She even dodges metal cables from Kuvira at point blank range wile the latter is spamming metal attacks constantly.
She even dodges metal cables from Kuvira at point blank range wile the latter is spamming metal attacks constantly.

Suyin used some metal thingies that she curved in mid air to disable Zaheer's glider when he was trying to capture Korra from Lin in Zaofu.

Ok? Those are so slow and weak Korra who is not on a glider can counter them.

She cannot makes 360° shields on top of a spout to save her from a combo of straightforward and curved attacks

She wouldn't even need to(though she can). Those attacks are far too weak and unlike Lin and Su, Korra can do multiple things on a spout unlike them if they are using cables.

and she does not have a way around any of the sisters' environmental attacks that will send her flying

Korra uses environmental attacks herself. Come to think of it her earth bending feats are better than there's.

and tag her as an easily telegraphed target in mid air. And a tag from either of them is a one shot.

They will never tag her and she is far more maneuverable than they are on spouts.

This is a main reason why I rank the sisters so high. They can have incredible combo that can counter most styles. So can Kuvira but not as efficientlt, it's just not exactly IC for them.

Idk why you find this is impressive but it won't help against Korra. I haven't even touched on what Korra would do offensively.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 anthp2000  Moderator

@tektonic said:
@anthp2000 said:

All metalbending police officers do that. In even happens twice in the same episode by the same cops.

Didn't work on Korra because she stop it before it could wrap around.

Korra later learns how to counter cables even after being ensnared. Though this gif doesn't show that completely she does reverse it after.

And? She can just block them all with air or reverse it with metalbending.

Ok? Those are so slow and weak Korra who is not on a glider can counter them.

She cannot makes 360° shields on top of a spout to save her from a combo of straightforward and curved attacks

She wouldn't even need to(though she can). Those attacks are far too weak and unlike Lin and Su, Korra can do multiple things on a spout unlike them if they are using cables.

and she does not have a way around any of the sisters' environmental attacks that will send her flying

Korra uses environmental attacks herself. Come to think of it her earth bending feats are better than there's.

and tag her as an easily telegraphed target in mid air. And a tag from either of them is a one shot.

They will never tag her and she is far more maneuverable than they are on spouts.

This is a main reason why I rank the sisters so high. They can have incredible combo that can counter most styles. So can Kuvira but not as efficientlt, it's just not exactly IC for them.

Idk why you find this is impressive but it won't help against Korra. I haven't even touched on what Korra would do offensively.

Oh really? Because when they attacked Korra all they did was throw the cables around in a straight line.

Prove she can do that on a spout. Because on the ground, she gets launched up in the air.

She cannot do it on a spout and she cannot do it in mid-air, which is what she's gonna need here.

Weak enough that they will stab her and kill her or at least slow her down enough.
She cannot block both those and the cables or metal sheets in front of her.

She can? Since when,
Far too weak? You do realise it's not about power?

Korra does use environmental attacks, but that's irrelevant. The sisters can work around them. They have the feats to, Korra doesn't and unlike her the sisters are accurate and fast enough on the draw to snipe her when she is in mid-air.

Yeah, they will never tag her if they don't want to. But they are way too accurate for her on a consistent basis. She just doesn't have the feats,

It won't help against Korra? Again. She stays on the ground, she gets launched up in the air and sniped. She stays on a spout, she gets tagged by a combo of curved and straightforward attacks. That's just it basically.

@mial42 said:

@anthp2000:

Jobbing is jobbing. There doesn't have to be an in-verse reason. Lin also jobbed a bit in that fight (using cables instead of earthbending against the Lieutenant).

No, but one team was going to lose (obviously), and he had the Lieutenant take down the losers while he beat the winners. Also, this point is sort of irrelevant; if we look at how they did against similar opponents in S1 Korra and Lin had a comparable record.

If you hit a piece of glass with a hammer, the whole thing will shatter. Not just one side. Same principle here.

But he wasn't trying to kill Korra, he needed her to open the portal.

There always has to be a reasson for jobbing, unless it is for the plot. But plot certainly did not want Lin to win thihs fight, because in the first place, she didn't. I thinik the Lieutenant could prove too fast for her earthbending. It's not that good against such opponents.

Ok, not that this is all relevant tbh.

Not if you hit 1 side of a hole on a glass surface, which is what wil happen here.
Also, the thing is still going in a straight line unharmed just with a few splinters on the sides. It didn't shatter.

Unalaq cannot kill. But he can still try to KO or at the very least hurt his opponent, Korra or not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

I mean, the out of verse reason is probably something along the lines of "how can we make this fight more dramatic".

It didn't shatter, but pieces did break off, suggesting it hit something.

What I think happened is that it clipped Korra's shoulder and kept going, which would explain both Korra's behavior and the projectile's.