#1 Edited by silentbat (1316 posts) - - Show Bio

As Luke asked Yoda, "Is the dark side stronger?"

That is the question I propose to you.

No Caption Provided

My initial thoughts say it is. I mean, when have we seen the "good" guys win aside from Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Anakin Skywalker? Obi-Wan used the dark side to cut Darth Maul. Anakin used the dark side to cut down Count Dooku. Aryn Leneer only ever got the upperhand on Darth Malgus because of her use of dark, vengeful emotions. Luke Skywalker used the dark side to defeat Darth Vader and etc, etc.

So it would seem true ... the darkside seems to be stronger. It would seem the light side was also too passive, while the dark side was proactive. Lightsiders let the Force used them as a vessel, darksiders sought to control the Force.

I'd love to hear differing opinions though, of course.

New home for this thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/light-side-vs-dark-side-1577459/

#2 Posted by BoringPerson (3744 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark side is faster and has a theoretically equal top end.

Dark side OP.

#3 Edited by DaDivineKing (43818 posts) - - Show Bio

The darkside isn't more powerful, it's just a quicker way to power.

That being said, this is not a battle.

#4 Posted by Reactor (3910 posts) - - Show Bio

They're both equal, neither is stronger than the other. Light Side and Dark Side are philosophies, the Force is just the Force. Their powers develop differently due to these ideologies, and in that respect, they're too different to tell. The Light side focuses on harmony with life and one's self, communing and listening to the Force and using one's abilities to protect, heal or otherwise help others. The Dark side is almost entirely offensively centered, with the focus being on getting more power, destroying or controlling others around you, and achieving nigh-unreachable goals, such as omnipotence or immortality (in the physical sense).

In many aspects, the Dark Side produces more results in an individual, and everyone knows it. That's part of the reason its so seductive; the only thing that's often forgotten is the price to pay for succumbing to it. The Light side doesn't focus on combat, aggression or strength in the martial sense. Because of that, to most, the light side seems weaker. In the end, I'd say the Je'daii got it right the first time; a merge of the two is the best option.

#5 Posted by nerdchore (6878 posts) - - Show Bio

@silentbat: how was obi wan using the dark side to cut darrh maul

#6 Posted by Racob7 (9585 posts) - - Show Bio

Sith are weak because they let their emotions control them instead of learning to control their emotions.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#7 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23271 posts) - - Show Bio

lol. that is my desktop back ground.

#8 Edited by dondave (41576 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011

#9 Posted by Racob7 (9585 posts) - - Show Bio

@reactor said:

The Light side doesn't focus on combat, aggression or strength in the martial sense. Because of that, to most, the light side seems weaker.

If the light leads to weakness, you're not doing it right.

#10 Edited by silentbat (1316 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdchore: In the novelization of The Phantom Menace it is said he used the dark side to propel himself out of the pit, call his master's saber and slice Maul. I'm not at home now but when I am I'll give you the exact excerpt.

Sorry ya'll. I thought this would classify as a battle as it's a class of two factions. If this is not a battle as @dccomicsrule2011@dondave are insinuating where else would a thread like this go?

#11 Posted by Killerwasp (15821 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by DaDivineKing (43818 posts) - - Show Bio

@silentbat:

Off-topic or maybe general discussion.

#13 Posted by nerdchore (6878 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by silentbat (1316 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/light-side-vs-dark-side-1577459/

#16 Posted by patrat18 (11639 posts) - - Show Bio

Omegabeams ftw.

#17 Posted by TheAmazingYOLO (594 posts) - - Show Bio

The darkside... because they have cookies.

#18 Edited by ShootingNova (25520 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a battle.

Also, if you referencing individual characters, then Dark siders have more power overall than light siders, but in its utter entirety, then no. The dark side is not more powerful than the light.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
#19 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Side haves more power.

#20 Posted by The Stegman (38544 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Jedi have girlfriends, wives etc? Cause if not, that would suck.

#21 Edited by Emperorb777 (9603 posts) - - Show Bio

Only one of them gives you unlimited powah!!!!!!

#22 Posted by ComicStooge (22010 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Reactor (3910 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

@reactor said:

The Light side doesn't focus on combat, aggression or strength in the martial sense. Because of that, to most, the light side seems weaker.

If the light leads to weakness, you're not doing it right.

Not what I said; "seems weaker", which is something very often brought out in Star Wars lore. I stated in the beginning they're equal, one's not greater than the other because Light Side and Dark Side are ideologies. The Force is the source of power for a Lightsider or Darksider, the determining factor is how strong the individual is, not their philosophy.

#24 Edited by Racob7 (9585 posts) - - Show Bio

@reactor: They are not equal, power isn't everything.

#25 Posted by Reactor (3910 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

@reactor: They are not equal, power isn't everything.

I have no idea what you're trying to get at. I never said power was everything, I said the Force was the source of a Force-user's power. And they are equal since they aren't tangible, they're philosophies stemming from the same source. This isn't Jedi vs Sith. The Light Side and the Dark Side are both the same Force, just differing in views of it, and are only as strong as their wielder. To say otherwise is like saying hot water in a cup is somehow not the same as cold water in a cup, aside from temperature. In the end, it's still just water.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
#26 Posted by NinjaWarrior268 (11066 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Yoda. Discredit him cause if his Grammer all you want. The dark side is only a quick and easy path. It's not stronger. In other Star Wars threads, I've read Luke is stronger than any sith

#27 Posted by XLR87T3 (6433 posts) - - Show Bio

If it ain't light, it ain't right.

#28 Posted by kbroskywalker (12837 posts) - - Show Bio

As Luke asked Yoda, "Is the dark side stronger?"

That is the question I propose to you.

No Caption Provided

My initial thoughts say it is. I mean, when have we seen the "good" guys win aside from Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Anakin Skywalker? Obi-Wan used the dark side to cut Darth Maul. Anakin used the dark side to cut down Count Dooku. Aryn Leneer only ever got the upperhand on Darth Malgus because of her use of dark, vengeful emotions. Luke Skywalker used the dark side to defeat Darth Vader and etc, etc.

So it would seem true ... the darkside seems to be stronger. It would seem the light side was also too passive, while the dark side was proactive. Lightsiders let the Force used them as a vessel, darksiders sought to control the Force.

I'd love to hear differing opinions though, of course.

light siders are the only ones who can acheive true immortality(the hoodlum spirits) and the most powerful force user luke is a jedi, darkside will also wreck you up and in galactic history the jedi keep control(what sith want the most) a lot longer than darksiders and have won most of the wars(against sith(because sith tend to be dumbfcks)), also anakin skywalker(who has the highest end feat ever of controlling both sides of the force) ended up dying jedi, also lightsiders are the only ones who have can become one with the force(the most powerful ability), so in the bigger scale of things, i'd say the light side force chokes the hell out of the darkside

#29 Posted by AlphaQ (4710 posts) - - Show Bio

The only real difference is that dark-siders can amp themselves through rage/hate more easily than Jedi can with their positive emotions.

#30 Posted by Hypnos0929 (4904 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never seen a Jedi use Force Lightning soooooooooooooooo

#31 Posted by SirDrProfessor (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark siders always seem to have more power but we have to keep in mind that light siders don't go full out all the time and use their power to dominate their opponents (usually), because of their morals and philosophy.