Lex Luthor & Lobo VS Carol Danvers & Juggernaut

Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) 14 days, 20 hours ago

Poll: Lex Luthor & Lobo VS Carol Danvers & Juggernaut (19 votes)

Lex Luthor & Lobo 47%
Carol Danvers & Juggernaut 53%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by WollfMyth209 (17311 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice match. I'm backing Team 1 for now, but I can be swayed.

#2 Posted by Yamiyodare (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

Lobo solos.

#3 Posted by TifaLockhart (21442 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate or Juggernaut eventually.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#4 Posted by EternalDarkFury (3143 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Noone1996 (12431 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Carol even here?

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#7 Posted by SupremeGeneration (12309 posts) - - Show Bio

How impressive is Lex?

#8 Posted by KratoDaManto (933 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Carol even here?

Isnt Lex a bigger weak ling than she is?

#9 Posted by Cregan_Stark (5423 posts) - - Show Bio

They have no way to actually beat Juggs. Maybe BRF if we count that as a victory then I guess they win

#11 Posted by Amendment50 (15844 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by King-Ragnar (4652 posts) - - Show Bio

Cain solos then rips carols spine out for being useless.

#13 Posted by Noone1996 (12431 posts) - - Show Bio

@kratodamanto: Yeah I guess you're probably right. They both suck.

#14 Posted by Pipxeroth (9541 posts) - - Show Bio

Lobo and Juggernaut brawl until they get bored and one of them either BFRs or walks away

#15 Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth: @king-ragnar: @amendment50: @cregan_stark: @kratodamanto: @supremegeneration: @noone1996: @eternaldarkfury: @tifalockhart: @yamiyodare: @wollfmyth209: Both DC characters are extremely underrated, with Lobo being judged unfairly for his street level showings as a joke character that is similar to fellow underworld mercenaries like Wolverine and Deadpool while Lex's consistent feats against Superman are undermined by his supposed use of Kryptonite despite showing equal potency against other characters that are unfortunately rarely encountering Lex who happens to be the main villain of the most powerful superhero while regularly exploiting his weakness due to the fact that most of the times he's lacking the alien armored suit that he's got in this tag team fight as shown in this picture which has been used for fake portrayals of Lex as an Orange Lantern. Carol and Juggy are not among Marvel's hardest hitters but they've been chosen because they could put some nice teamwork in this battle since Juggy is all about strength and durability while Carol is all about speed and energy attacks that Juggy's lacking. So because of the inevitability of Lex and Lobo being nerfed as a result of their inconsistency which would degrade them into their weakest versions (obviously excluding Lex without his robotic outfit since it would be insulting for a guy who's know to be so smart that anyone would expect for him to be dumb enough to even dare challenge Juggy and Carol as if he were a retarded fool), I think that every pair of superheroes got the best opponents they could possibly have in a fair match.

#16 Posted by TifaLockhart (21442 posts) - - Show Bio

@banecapital: Lobo at his best can't physically do lasting damage to Juggernaut. Juggernaut isn't just durable, he is nigh invulnerable with a healing factor. He might even be totally immune to physical attacks if we discount his low showings.

I believe Lobo on average is stronger than Juggernaut on average but the problem is he can't hurt him, doesn't have telepathy, isn't even magical, BFR is not allowed, and he probably can't even incapacitate him for a win due to the "unstoppable" enchantment.

At best Lobo's modest durability, heavy damage soak, and insane healing factor make it a draw.

#18 Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart: Lex is smart enough to devise a tactic that would allow him and his teammate Lobo to hurt Juggy despite the latter's amazing durability, but that's why Juggy's got Carol who's packing a much harder punch than himself and could use her destructive offense to prevent Lex from aiding Lobo and even help Juggy overcome Lobo's legendary survivability.

#19 Edited by Thirdeev (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@banecapital: @banecapital: Without prior knowledge it's going to take some time for Lex to understand what he's facing and even more time to device a plan.

Couple that with Captain Marvel presumably fighting him while the two bricks fight it's going to take a while for Luthor to come up with a "I win" strat.

OT: Team 2, Jugg should be able to take everything Lobo dished out and Incap/BFR while Marvel distracts Luthor, then Jugg steamrolls him.

#20 Posted by Supermanthor (22700 posts) - - Show Bio

Lobo and Juggernaut brawl until they get bored and one of them either BFRs or walks away

#21 Posted by TifaLockhart (21442 posts) - - Show Bio

@banecapital: Even assuming that's true, Lex has to devise it in the heat of combat. I don't see it.

#22 Posted by TifaLockhart (21442 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait a second, unless @BaneCapital disables BFR the DC duo wins that way. Either Lex uses Apokoliptian tech or Lobo sends Juggernaut into space. Or Lobo gives Lex's suit the once over.

Barring that, Juggernaut is too invulnerable to lose. Stalemate at best.

#23 Edited by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart: Allright! Let's assume some strange scenario in order to be specific. Lex flees Metropolis to avoid persecution after a casual defeat at the hands of Superman. Then the weird thing happens. Wonder Woman goes crazy and desperately wants to resurrect her boyfriend (don't assume it's anyone). One of DC's many abstract entities promises to revive Dianas crush, but only if she gives him Cyttorak's gem for reasons that she and Lex are aware of. Then she finds Lex while he's on the run trying to escape and promises him to stop looking for him, in exchange for bringing him Cyttorak's gem. Both Diana and Lex know that some big muscular guy with a helmet known as Juggy has that gem, but neither of them actually knows how powerful that dude really is or what weaknesses he has in order to figure out a way how to defeat him. Diana sends Lex to the Marvel universe but her depression over her lost love discourages her from aiding him in his pursuit. Lex pays Lobo to join him as a bounty hunter who's eager to join everyone who pays him a lot of money that Lex always has. Carol accidentally encounters Lex and Lobo as they're seeking Juggy and they're perceived as dangerous threats since she's completely clueless about them, so she allies with Juggy in this tag team fight. So we're having morals off, total bloodlust, no prep and BFR may be used but it doesn't count as a way to win, which requires killing your opponent. Let's assume this battle is happening just outside the X-Mansion with no outside intervention.

#24 Posted by TifaLockhart (21442 posts) - - Show Bio

@BaneCapital Then neither side wins as Lobo and Juggernaut are not bloody likely to be killed.

Juggernaut is seriously invulnerable to physical attacks and I cannot stress that enough. Lobo primarily uses physical attacks. I can suggest recommended reading if you want for Lobo to get a better grasp of the character if you want.

#25 Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart: Of course I know that Lobo's using physical attacks, just like Juggy whose durability is intentionally comparable to Lobo's, so we've got two melee tanks and two ranged DPS in World of Warcraft terms. Lex and Carol are much smarter in combat than Juggy but also the usually drunk Lobo. Both Juggy and Lobo are funny characters despite having terrifying power. Apart from Superman ripoffs such as Hyperion, Gladiator and Sentry who're too powerful for Lex to survive against, I think Carol's the only main Marvel character whose similar to the Kryptonians that Lex is usually fighting.

#26 Posted by TifaLockhart (21442 posts) - - Show Bio

@banecapital: You misunderstand. Lobo's superpower is immortality. Juggernaut's superpower is physical invulnerability.

Lobo cannot hurt Juggernaut while Juggernaut cannot kill Lobo. It's a stalemate if there is no BFR and it is to the death. That is not the same thing as a fair fight. No offense but I suggest you take feedback from comic readers more seriously before you make threads.

#27 Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart: Why are you constantly talking about Lobo and Juggy when they're not alone in this fight? Lex has brought Superman to his knees and the two melee tanks may be more durable than the Man of Steel but not by a large margin. Carol's nega blasts are famed for their destructive potential. Lobo and Juggy will be hard to put down as they're supposed to be but both of them will eventually die. It's all about who dies first. Yeah both Lobo and Juggy are incomparably better than either Lex or Carol and survivng but I think that the two humans whose lives are totally messed up as a result of aliens influencing their lives are also faster and very well careful of protecting themselves unlike the reckless Lobo and Juggy who should be solid tanks for being useful to their ranged DPS teammates. You're a Final Fantasy fan as you've said which is also apparent by your nickname and profile pick that are chosen in honor of Cloud's girlfriend Tifa so I expect that you know about RPGs like World of Warcraft and the meaning of terms like melee tank and ranged DPS right?

#28 Posted by TifaLockhart (21442 posts) - - Show Bio

@banecapital: please don't tag me after this. I'll close by suggesting you make threads with characters you're familiar with. This is akin to making a thread pitting Jumbo Flan against Zeromus to the death only.

#29 Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Thirdeev (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@banecapital: I don't know what happened, used the reply function on mobile. My bad.

#32 Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump