• 80 results
Lolibear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Lolibear

Poll Levi Ackerman VS. Afro Samurai (51 votes)

Levi Ackerman 35%
Afro 65%

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111188566/4071020-levi+comicvine.jpg
Levi Ackerman
Afro Samurai

Levi has his 3D maneuvering gear and the No.2 Headband and is blood lusted.

Afro has his No.1 Headband, Katana, and Ninja Ninja giving him advice in the background

The fight takes place in a forest. Levi starts from a tree branch and Afro wanders into the scene.

• 
Lolibear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Lolibear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 juiceboks  Moderator

Afro blitzes.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Afro Samurai.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take Levi, he was blitzing Annie left and right faster than her hardening could react like he was sonic the hedgehog...

DeAnnunaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Still backing Afro for speed and skill.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Afro with ease

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SonsOfAlchemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Afro. The only reason its not immediate is Levi's gear.

SonsOfAlchemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Levi can absolutely take this under these conditions. I’m inclined to say comfortably, but it’s been a while since I watched AS.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Afro not only wins, but he stomps. What he did in the first movie is beyond Levi, by far. Just look at his robo clone fight alone.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Afro, even if you argue Levi has the speed to fight with him Afro is far more skilled.

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Afro more than likely wins.

People are underestimating Afro's bullet feat, not only did he slice the bullet, but he did so with the intention and aim in order to hit people behind him with the shrapnel.

Outran a huge explosion

Slices an RPG

Dodges these

Blocks and dodges shots from a .44 Magnum

Sends someones easily over twice his body weight flying casually

Can take .44 Magnum shots and still continue fighting

Survived an RPG explosion

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Afro Samurai pretty easily.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic: Stomps based on what, can I ask? The Robo Afro fight doesn’t yield anything that would allow him to stomp Levi IMO. Levi is outclassed in strength, but it’s not at all relevant to his fighting style, so it doesn’t really matter.

Being bloodlusted and in a forest plays completely into Levi’s hands - I honestly think he could take Afro here.

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson said:

@cergic: Stomps based on what, can I ask? The Robo Afro fight doesn’t yield anything that would allow him to stomp Levi IMO. Levi is outclassed in strength, but it’s not at all relevant to his fighting style, so it doesn’t really matter.

Being bloodlusted and in a forest plays completely into Levi’s hands - I honestly think he could take Afro here.

He's not just outclassed in strength though, he's massively outclassed in strength, outclassed in speed, outclassed in durability, the only thing Levi has going for him here is the environment.

LeoTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LeoTheGreatest

Levi avoided bullets with his 3D maneuvering gear, operating the 3D maneuvering gear is hard enough but dodging bullets with it requires a ridiculous amount of skill and speed.

His showings of completely destroying the beast titan thrice. The bullet evading feats and murdering a militia of titans in a few moments before stomping the beast titan the third time are enough feats for him to stomp Afro.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KingCrimson

@limitlesssigil: He’s outclassed in strength by building-level Titans, but it doesn’t save them. Strength doesn’t really factor into his fighting style, despite him being decently strong.

In what way is he outclassed in speed? I’d argue in combat speed, he’s actually superior to Afro. Again, durability doesn’t really matter here given that if Afro gets cut in half or stabbed in the face, he will die.

Levi is smarter, faster and has an environmental advantage. There’s no way on earth this is a stomp for Afro.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate.

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson said:

@limitlesssigil: He’s outclassed in strength by building-level Titans, but it doesn’t save them. Strength doesn’t really factor into his fighting style, despite him being decently strong.

Titans that he's clearly faster than, and it's easier to dodge a 50FT titan than it is to dodge a much faster 6FT human.

In what way is he outclassed in speed? I’d argue in combat speed, he’s actually superior to Afro. Again, durability doesn’t really matter here given that if Afro gets cut in half or stabbed in the face, he will die.

Did you not see the GIF's I posted? Levi doesn't even compare to them, his best speed feats are "dodging" bullets, these bullets being more akin to pipes than actual bullets,

No Caption Provided

and assuming they travel as fast as normal bullets is unfounded. At least in Afro's case we actually have clear cut proof of him actively dodging multiple .44 Magnum bullets, including from Automatic weapons.

Levi is smarter, faster and has an environmental advantage. There’s no way on earth this is a stomp.

I never said it was a stomp. Levi definitely isn't faster, Afro has a clear speed advantage on top of everything else stat wise excluding intelligence.

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Levi would need info and gear to win this one. He can be a tricky guy. Having a maneuverability advantage against afro isn't enough when he's been outmaneuvered so many times.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitlesssigil: My point was that he doesn’t rely on strength, be it against Titans or humans. His fighting style focuses on avoiding clashes altogether. It’s definitely an advantage for Afro, just one I don’t see playing a huge factor when Levi isn’t likely to be forced into a direct sword fight in this environment.

He’s deflected bullets fired at him with his swords just like Afro has, as well as dodged them from multiple shooters whilst using the ODM gear which would honestly take incredible reflexes and skill.

Those pipes are just the chambers from which the pellets are fired, they don’t actually fire the pipes themselves - they are essentially single barrel shotguns. In any case, it’s reasonable assumption that they fire at the speeds of normal bullets. To say it isn’t true bullet timing because the weapon doesn’t resemble any weapon IRL is downplay.

My bad, it was another user who said it was a stomp. Personally, I am more impressed by Levi’s combat speed and skill than Afro’s.

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LimitlessSigil

@kingcrimson said:

@limitlesssigil: My point was that he doesn’t rely on strength, be it against Titans or humans. His fighting style focuses on avoiding clashes altogether. It’s definitely an advantage for Afro, just one I don’t see playing a huge factor when Levi isn’t likely to be forced into a direct sword fight in this environment.

He’s deflected bullets fired at him with his swords just like Afro has, as well as dodged them from multiple shooters whilst using the ODM gear which would honestly take incredible reflexes and skill.

Those pipes are just the chambers from which the pellets are fired, they don’t actually fire the pipes themselves - they are essentially single barrel shotguns. In any case, it’s reasonable assumption that they fire at the speeds of normal bullets. To say it isn’t true bullet timing because the weapon doesn’t resemble any weapon IRL is downplay.

My bad, it was another user who said it was a stomp. Personally, I am more impressed by Levi’s combat speed and skill than Afro’s.

Can you show me some scans of Levi deflecting bullets like this?

I really don't remember them.

Saxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Saxz

Afro most likely... It will be high diff though

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitlesssigil: My bad mate, I may have told a lie. These were the 2 instances I was thinking of:

No Caption Provided

The impact effect against his blade makes it look like he’s deflected a bullet from the gun that was pointed at him, but I’ve just read through the chapters again in full and I’m not entirely sure that’s the case to be totally honest.

In any case, for me that doesn’t really change the argument. His combat speed feats are still superior to the ones presented for Afro IMO.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 juiceboks  Moderator

Afro blitzes him from what I can tell.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: So a guy that is threatened by guns as a tool in his universe (which don't seem to be at the tech level of Afro weaponry, so different projectile speeds) and has to make effort/grimace in the instances he has to parry them. VS. a guy that does it in the most nonchalant way. Ya they are clearly on the same level /s

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KingCrimson

@nomar: The tech level of Afro weaponry? Afro cut the bullet from what seemed to be a Flintock-style rifle which uses black gunpowder at the start of the anime - they can be as slow as 120m per second, which is subsonic. The “.44 magnum rounds” from No. 1 he obviously struggled with himself seeing as he got shot by them, so the “they’re not the same level” rhetoric isn’t flying with me.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar: The tech level of Afro weaponry? Afro cut the bullet from what seemed to be a Flintock-style rifle which uses black gunpowder at the start of the anime - they can be as slow as 120m per second, which is subsonic. The “.44 magnum rounds” from No. 1 he obviously struggled with himself seeing as he got shot by them, so the “they’re not the same level” rhetoric isn’t flying with me.

Have you watched Afro Samurai? He's already injured/tired when he's hit and has been fighting up until that point. Also Justices capabilities with his magnums is godlike and make Kenny and the shotgun users look like a joke. Magnums in general fire faster than shotguns and I'm not even certain what is used in Attack on Titan matches shotgun speeds. Afro Samurai weaponry is far above Attack on Titan tech. The Robo Afro feats alone put Afro way above Levi. The feats from the gifs above plus from the video below of an injured and tired Afro are above anything Levi is capable of. He's outclassed in every stat. If you want to say otherwise put some feats up that you think I've not already seen somehow.

Loading Video...

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar: Yeah I’ve seen it, and he still bullet times after that so I don’t see what evidence you have that his injuries effects his reaction time.

What ‘Godlike’ capabilities does Justice display with his guns? He got smoked by Afro and by Afro’s father in a straight up fight with his guns, and he didn’t do anything special with them. The only reason he got the No.1 headband was through regen, bullshittery and dirty tricks.

Can you prove magnums fire faster than shotguns? Most shotguns average around 500ms muzzle velocity according to google, with the lowest I’ve found being 320ms and the highest being over 1000ms. Magnums average around 440ms, so unless you have proof, I’ll ignore that. There is also no proof that they don’t fire a lot faster than regular shotguns - neither statement holds more weight than the other. The only reasonable thing to do is assume they fire at an average speed unless proven otherwise. Not that it all matters since I’ve just said I don’t think Levi actually timed the shotgun fire. Combat speed and reaction speed are 2 entirely different things.

What in particular is so far above Levi’s capabilities? Just because somebody cannot perform the same exact feats doesn’t mean they can’t reach the same outcome. That would be like me saying because Afro doesn’t have ODM gear he can’t kill the Beast Titan - would you agree with that?

Levi is in a forest and is bloodlusted - this is the perfect scenario for him to fight any street leveller. If he was to fight Afro in an open field I agree he’d have next to no chance, but that’s not the case here.

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LimitlessSigil

@kingcrimson: Just want to add.

It's pretty obvious your reaction time would suffer after being shot... I mean that's not really deniable. Any serious injury would have this effect.

A shotgun slug slows down extensively after being fired due to their greater air resistance, this is why they're considered a close range firearm.

You can't even prove that they travel as fast as a regular shotgun slug

It's also worth noting that the ammunition used against Levi lacks in penetrating power, as evident from the fact that Levi was able to successfully use a corpse as a shield and the bullet didn't travel all the way through, whereas the bullets fired at Afro were able to cleanly enter and exit his body. This suggests they're travelling slower.

No Caption Provided

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitlesssigil:

I agree for the most part, if a characters reaction time noticeably slowed after taking a shot, that’s a reasonable assumption to make. Afro still bullet timed after being shot, so he’s obviously resilient enough to still bullet time after that kind of injury, so the injured excuse doesn’t really compute with him getting shot in the first place - Justice just got the drop on him.

Shotgun slugs don’t have the range they do in video games. They have ranges anywhere upto around 40m. If you’re talking real word physics then the speed wouldn’t have dropped that much, especially seeing as because as far as I can see, shotguns have higher average muzzle velocities than magnums.

By the same rationale, you can’t prove that they’re any slower than regular shotgun shells.

Lacks in penetrating power? It blew several people’s heads off - both flesh and bone - from a sizeable distance, and also blew through brick and stone from an equably sizeable distance:

It’s perfectly capable of blowing through bodies, so that feat is with a very durable human or it’s an outlier, it says nothing about the penatrating power of the guns, much less the speed at which they fire.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson:

Sure it did. He can dodge already fired projectiles/slice them. Projectiles which seems to be some sort of energy based attack.

He blocked the laser after it was fired.

The way he tanked the droids blunt force attacks and the landing (which made them fall with ridiculous force despite the thruster being used) shows us that Levi will only ever even harm Afro by cutting, which he wont be able to be skilles or fast enough to do.

He is cartoonishly strong. He backhand smashed a 120kg+ guy flying across an entire room and then collides through a wall of stone. Combine the speed and strenght with his absurd skill and its a stomp imo, since Levi won't even be able to block Afro's wall level + slashes. Levi is good but he is not in Afro's tier imo.

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitlesssigil: My bad mate, I may have told a lie. These were the 2 instances I was thinking of:

No Caption Provided

The impact effect against his blade makes it look like he’s deflected a bullet from the gun that was pointed at him, but I’ve just read through the chapters again in full and I’m not entirely sure that’s the case to be totally honest.

In any case, for me that doesn’t really change the argument. His combat speed feats are still superior to the ones presented for Afro IMO.

It's weird right? In the anime he doesn't deflect at all. I don't see why they would make such a major difference from anime to manga for no reason. That being said if he did deflect it in the first scan it becomes more impressive due to launching a counter attack at the exact same time.

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson said:

@limitlesssigil:

I agree for the most part, if a characters reaction time noticeably slowed after taking a shot, that’s a reasonable assumption to make. Afro still bullet timed after being shot, so he’s obviously resilient enough to still bullet time after that kind of injury, so the injured excuse doesn’t really compute with him getting shot in the first place - Justice just got the drop on him.

Shotgun slugs don’t have the range they do in video games. They have ranges anywhere upto around 40m. If you’re talking real word physics then the speed wouldn’t have dropped that much, especially seeing as because as far as I can see, shotguns have higher average muzzle velocities than magnums.

I never said they only travel like 5 meters... It's a fact though that they drastically slow down upon being fired due to their lack of aerodynamacy

By the same rationale, you can’t prove that they’re any slower than regular shotgun shells.

That's not how it works lol, you have to provide some proof that they're moving as fast as a regular shotgun shell, or even have the same appearance and therefor aerodynamics of a regular shotgun shell like showing us what they actually look like.

Lacks in penetrating power? It blew several people’s heads off - both flesh and bone - from a sizeable distance, and also blew through brick and stone from an equably sizeable distance:

It’s perfectly capable of blowing through bodies, so that feat is with a very durable human or it’s an outlier, it says nothing about the penatrating power of the guns, much less the speed at which they fire.

Just want to add;

Rewatched both Afro movies and the feats I presented are actually quite pathetic to some of the stuff he's actually done. Here's some more which solidify Afro's advantages

Dodges multiple Point blank Plasma attacks

Blocks a concentrated solid laser with his Katana

Survives getting slammed through an entire building by a Robot

Avoids multiple Lasers in midair (I shouldn't need to tell you that performing feats like these in midair is much harder)

Clashes and eventually overwhelms a Robot who is using Rocket Thrusters of some kind whilst still in midair

Survives a fall easily hundreds of meters in the sky after defeating said Robot

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mee09

Afro Definitely kills him. Levi might be good, but Afro lives for these kinds of fights. He wont be bringing anything to the table that Afro has not seen or fought against before. Or at the very least he'll be able to adapt to anything Levi does. Levi would not survive for long with The Number 2 Headband. Let alone The Number 1.

Also someone mentioned that Levi blocked a bullet. That's impressive but those are not modern firearms. Afro has deflected RPGs, Lasers, Machine guns, and etc. He is on an entirely different level both literally and figuratively. I do not think Levi would even be able to survive the first battle in the series without using maximum effort and he would be wounded. If you include feats from the games. Ninja Ninja could actually kill Levi based off of how well he did against Afro.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic: Sure, but it’s tough to quantify energy based attacks as we have nothing even remotely similar in real life. I agree it looks very fast, and it’s obviously a good speed feat, but I don’t know how you could look at that and say it’s above Levi’s pay grade to do the same because we just don‘t have enough data.

I agree Afro’s BF durability is more than Levi can hope to deal with, but he doesn’t really need to seeing as he doesn’t use blunt force attacks. A bladed attack will hurt him. Levi is both skilled and fast enough to hang with Afro.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KingCrimson

@soothing_sounds: Yeah, kind of strange. I’m thinking the impact effect is actually him ejecting the blade from his ODM gear - that’s the only explanation.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mee09

@kingcrimson: Levi is not skilled or fast enough to hang with Afro. He is at most sub sonic while Afro is EASILY hypersonic. Levi will literally be a statue to him. This dude has dodged and deflected lasers. This battle shouldn't even exist.

Levi is a skilled fighter without the gear. But he does not hold a candle to even midtiers in Afro's verse.

Comic_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could see it going either way

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Nomar

The only people who could think Levi wins this are those who just really like him as a character and never watched Afro Samurai. Levi gets votes for being "so cool" to them. He has 0 feats that put him in Afros tier and they know this.

@mee09 These folks are taking crazy pills. This topic should be locked. That's how outclassed Levi is here.

@juiceboks There are literally gifs and videos that show how outclassed Levi is here. This topic is a clear case of cool factor and little to do with feats/facts. The Afro side is literally the only side showing feats too. The Levi supporter is just harping on one feat (that isn't impressive by AS standards) and has shown no other feats that place Levi anywhere close to Afro.

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson said:

@cergic: Sure, but it’s tough to quantify energy based attacks as we have nothing even remotely similar in real life. I agree it looks very fast, and it’s obviously a good speed feat, but I don’t know how you could look at that and say it’s above Levi’s pay grade to do the same because we just don‘t have enough data.

I agree Afro’s BF durability is more than Levi can hope to deal with, but he doesn’t really need to seeing as he doesn’t use blunt force attacks. A bladed attack will hurt him. Levi is both skilled and fast enough to hang with Afro.

I've kind of proven that's not the case. Afro outrunning an explosion alone trumps anything Levi has done speed wise... I've got more GIF's if you want.

Here's Afro blitzing a Robot's tracking device

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mee09

@nomar: I legit think they have never seen the series. Levi is the literal definition of peak human while Afro is Superhuman. Currently he is a god. But for the sake of the thread I'm assuming the OP has limited Afro's power.

The speed that they are moving at in Attack on Titan looks flashy. So I guess that's why they somehow think they are moving at speeds comparable to Afro's. But they are not. The speed of the gear has clearly been stated. It caps out at supersonic levels asssuming the user is skilled enough with it. Without the gear Levi wont even be able to see Afro before he is already cut in half.