• 69 results
#1 Posted by the darknessss (3266 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight on flat ground,aragorn has his sword and small dagger,leonidas his sword and shield,no helmet,no morals. vs

#2 Posted by mira (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

Leonidas wins.

#3 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn ftw imo..Has dealt with bigger threats than King Leonidas.

#4 Posted by cyberninja (10665 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (60255 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn
BB

Avatar image for themightyavenger
#6 Posted by TheMightyAvenger (1917 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn wins.

#7 Edited by kcaz (1408 posts) - - Show Bio

battle will be quite even for the 1st few rounds, but leonidus will win, because he has far better stamina and is more durable and resistant to injury. aragorn uses only 1 long sword, all leonidas has to do is block it with his shield and close in to hand to hand combat distance. at that sort of distance, long swords are pretty much useless, while leonidas has a sword suited for close range combats

#8 Posted by alexandrinus (439 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn wins although the shield migth be a problem. But Aragorn is more skilled and faster and has dealt with warriors (orcs) wielding shields before.

#9 Posted by one_upper (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz said:

battle will be quite even for the 1st few rounds, but leonidus will win, because he has far better stamina and is more durable and resistant to injury. aragorn uses only 1 long sword, all leonidas has to do is block it with his shield and close in to hand to hand combat distance. at that sort of distance, long swords are pretty much useless, while leonidas has a sword suited for close range combats

Better stamina in what way? Aragorn crossed approximately 150 miles in 4 days barely stopping to rest.. He kept up with an Elf. I think you are greatly underestimating his endurance.

#10 Edited by kcaz (1408 posts) - - Show Bio
@one_upper: we @one_upper said:

@kcaz said:

Better stamina in what way? Aragorn crossed approximately 150 miles in 4 days barely stopping to rest.. He kept up with an Elf. I think you are greatly underestimating his endurance.

well lets say their stamina are equal, aragorn will still be at a disadvantage. he fights with only a long sword, and requires 2 hands for an effective hit. once leonidas blocks the attack, aragorn will be open for an attack
Avatar image for spartancommander99
#11 Edited by spartancommander99 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Leonidas would win because he would jump up in the air and stab downwards towards Aragon who has no shield therefore no defence and Leonidas is faster. I know because I know leonidas. He had a wicked after battle party on Saturday. And we had a sports competition and he beat Aragon by far.

#12 Posted by The_Red_Viper (11097 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't see Aragorn getting past a Spartan shield. Leo is freakishly strong and extremely talented. My money's on Leonidas.

#13 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn. He's the same guy who faced about 50 uruk hai alone, as well as orcs and lurtz. And the troll in Rotk.

#14 Posted by green_skaar (11181 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn

#15 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn

I know! Thanks for rooting for me lol :D

#16 Posted by comic_book_fan (9157 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn.

#17 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3694 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn stomps

Leonidas is a mere man, Aragorn however isn't.

#18 Posted by Rainx20 (235 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thelaughingman_aoi
#19 Edited by thelaughingman_Aoi (215 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going with Leonidas because the shield is not only can be used for defense but offense also. He is also pretty strong so he can block anything Aragorn can dish out.Aragorn only has his sword and a dagger he is limited in the defensive category.

#20 Posted by sync1 (3261 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by kyrees (13057 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:

@rainx20: aragorn is also a man

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Men

i'm going with leonidas on this. he has more brute force than aragorn.

Er.. no. He's from Dunedain, they live for over 200 years. Aragorn actually has more experience in battle than leonidas's age.. His age in movies is 87.

And leonidas may have more brute force, but aragorn is much more agile, and mobile, as well as skilled enough to slash off thrown knives. He has also fought quite a lot of uruk hai when they were after frodo.. Uruk hai are larger than average humans, and heavily armored as well. And he did it WITHOUT any geographical advantage unlike spartans:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And lurtz, the troll commander in part 3, and countless orcs.

#24 Posted by kyrees (13057 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: i concede on his agility and mobility but he's technically a man. dunedorians only have longer lifespans. that links says that as well

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
#25 Edited by IheartZombies92--defunct (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:

Er.. no. He's from Dunedain, they live for over 200 years. Aragorn actually has more experience in battle than leonidas's age.. His age in movies is 87.

And leonidas may have more brute force, but aragorn is much more agile, and mobile, as well as skilled enough to slash off thrown knives. He has also fought quite a lot of uruk hai when they were after frodo.. Uruk hai are larger than average humans, and heavily armored as well. And he did it WITHOUT any geographical advantage unlike spartans:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#26 Edited by niBBit (735 posts) - - Show Bio

Leonidas didn't do anyting impessive in the movie, all he did was kill a bunch of canon fodder (slave soldiers) that ran up to him and his men who where in in phalanx formation, swinging there swords like madman. When Leonidas fought against the Uber Immortal he did 1-2 good moves before getting tossed around, getting his sword taken from him and almost losing a eye before killing the Uber Immortal (with the help of 1 spartan mind you, the one who who tells the story of Leonidas in the beginning of the movie). Leonidas has very few feats of fighting a decent opponent 1vs1. He's more of a teamfighter.

Aragorn fought plenty of Orcs and Uruk-Hai's who where using the phalanx formation and killed them. In the second movie at the battle of Helms Deep, when the Beserker suicides onto the mines and blows up the wall, Aragorn recovers and runs towards the Uruk-Hai's (with the elves) who where in phalanx formation, yet he breaks trough and kills a few. He did the same thing in the last movie at the end where Aragorn says ''For Frodo'' and then charges the Orcs who where again in phalanx formation and again breaks trough. I'm sure he can get past 1 spartan.

Aragorn also kills several Uruk-Hai's alone in the first movie (before Legolas/Gimli arive) and also kills Lurtz by himself. At Helms Deep he kills dozen of Uruk-Hai's + 1 Beserker sometimes alone and sometimes with the help of Gimli. Aragorn also fought a fucking armored Troll in the last movie + several regular Orcs.

He did all of that and more with just a sword, Leonidas has a sword a spear and a shield. Aragorn's feats>>>>>Leonidas. Aragorn stomps.

#27 Posted by eternityx (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Leonidas.

#28 Edited by Arathorn_II (717 posts) - - Show Bio

And leonidas may have more brute force, but aragorn is much more agile, and mobile, as well as skilled enough to slash off thrown knives.

I'm totally on Aragorn for everything you said and I wanted you to know (and everyone else) that the scene in the movie were the actor of Lurtz throws his knife, he actually throws a real knife. The knife was supposed to miss Aragorn and hit the tree behind him, but because of the mask he was wearing he missed the target and trew the knife at Vigo, who reacted fast enough and blocked it. Peter decided to keep the shot and that's how it came in the movie. Just a fun fact :)

#29 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

And leonidas may have more brute force, but aragorn is much more agile, and mobile, as well as skilled enough to slash off thrown knives.

I'm totally on Aragorn for everything you said and I wanted you to know (and everyone else) that the scene in the movie were the actor of Lurtz throws his knife, he actually throws a real knife. The knife was supposed to miss Aragorn and hit the tree behind him, but because of the mask he was wearing he missed the target and trew the knife at Vigo, who reacted fast enough and blocked it. Peter decided to keep the shot and that's how it came in the movie. Just a fun fact :)

0_0 seriously?

#30 Posted by Spartan101 (4406 posts) - - Show Bio

Close fight for sure,both almost too close to call,but Leonidas imo is just that bit stronger and just that bit more savage in his fighting,he should take it in the end for me.

#31 Edited by i_like_swords (25099 posts) - - Show Bio

@arathorn_ii said:

@princearagorn1 said:

0_0 seriously?

THAT'S THE MOST AWESOME THING I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE.

CHILDHOOD IMPROVED.

#32 Posted by i_like_swords (25099 posts) - - Show Bio

Close fight for sure,both almost too close to call,but Leonidas imo is just that bit stronger and just that bit more savage in his fighting,he should take it in the end for me.

Being stronger and more savage didn't help any of the Orcs or Urah-Hai Aragorn killed.

#33 Posted by slimj87d (14300 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Can you post the video from youtube somewhere?

#34 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d:

Loading Video...

This:

Loading Video...

And:

Loading Video...

(yeah, theoden, wth do you mean 'get out of there'? lol)

Couldn't get the troll fight in good quality though.

#35 Edited by i_like_swords (25099 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

@arathorn_ii said:

@princearagorn1 said:

0_0 seriously?

THAT'S THE MOST AWESOME THING I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE.

CHILDHOOD IMPROVED.

Yeah, there were two more moments that were accidents that made it to the final film of Aragorn too. Here's a link

http://www.cracked.com/article_20096_6-iconic-movie-scenes-that-happened-by-accident.html

Viggo broke two toes, had a knife thrown at his face, and nearly drowned during the filming of LOTR. No wonder it seemed so real.

#36 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (8875 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn.

#37 Posted by Chibi_cute (5157 posts) - - Show Bio

aragorn easily more experienced and have have fought many wars during his younger days. especially if his sword is the narsil which is very sharp and very light which was reforged by the elves gives him more the advangtage.

#38 Posted by slimj87d (14300 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: That's pretty cool, thanks for the video. But I think the analysis and context presented originally is different from the way I see it.

-Not all of the Orcs attack Aragorn at once, only maybe 3 at a time.

-He does use his area to his advantage and runs up the stairs so only a few orcs can charge at a time, and after that

-Lulz commands all the Orcs to go after Frodo.

#39 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d:

-Agreed. But, he does walk straight towards about fifty of the uruks without even flinching, and considering he was nearly one shotting the attackers, he didn't gave a chance to be surrounded.

-As you said, lurtz commanded orcs to go after frodo. That's why he was trying to block them, draw them away, and jumped on them from above etc.

-That still leaves out the fights against the orcs, one at balin's tomb, rotk, nazgul, and against the troll (He got stepped on and still stood up)

#40 Posted by GhostRavage (14793 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn... The guy has 65+ years of fighting experience... enough to take Leonidas down.

#41 Posted by Egemensson (308 posts) - - Show Bio

aragorn is not a mere human, he owns.

#42 Posted by Pipxeroth (7653 posts) - - Show Bio

Strider quite handily

- Pip

Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
#43 Posted by Parallax_Hal_Jordan (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn stomps

#44 Posted by Mandarinestro (7651 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#45 Posted by PabloSL (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn has an unfair advantage, he is a superior being, the blood of the men of Numenor flows through him, might I remind you that those men were used to fight balrogs during the first age...

#46 Edited by Cregan_Stark (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn has my vote. More experience and had better frats against tougher foes.

#47 Posted by Penderor (5561 posts) - - Show Bio

@mandarinestro: Shame I cannot swear on this site. You would deserve it.

#48 Posted by Mandarinestro (7651 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor: I know right? They even ban people for using avatars of characters raising the finger :P

#49 Edited by theendgame (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@nibbit: Leonidas climbed the side of a cliff to see the oracle, unaided without any safety net which is a better purely physical feat than anything Aragorn has done.

Leonidas killed a 6 ft tall wolf, with a spear, in winter, wearing nothing but a loincloth. He was a teenager, probably around 15-16.

Leonidas took on and killed a beast of a man that was way bigger and tougher than any Orc.

Leonidas' wife was way hotter. Maybe his best feat.

So we can't say that he didn't do anything but kill off fodder can we?

#50 Posted by Penderor (5561 posts) - - Show Bio

@mandarinestro: Well, they should ban people for reviving old and pointless threads.