Leon Kennedy vs Nightwing

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renamed040924

Leon Scott Kennedy as of Resident Evil 6.

Pre-52 Nightwing.

Dick gets two, completely normal escrima sticks and no gadgets of any kind.

Leon gets a single combat knife, and no other guns or weapons.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nightwing.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NeonGameWave

Nightwing wins.

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rick_Grayson

I've seen arguments for superhuman stats with Res Evil characters, but until someone posts them here I'm with my main man Nightwing on this one lol.

Marksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Marksman

I'm going to say Leon. Mostly because I've been playing a lot of Resident Evil 4 recently.

monarch_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By monarch_prime

Kennedy is fun to play as,that being said nightwing breaks his face.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MorganFreeman

Nightwing. Leon's good at hand-to-hand but I think Nightwing has him beat in that category. The sticks will be able to attack at a longer distance than the knife so there's that, and the fact that Nightwing has two of them to Leon's one knife.

@Rick_Grayson said:

I've seen arguments for superhuman stats with Res Evil characters, but until someone posts them here I'm with my main man Nightwing on this one lol.

The Resident Evil universe is kinda weird about the non-carrying (lacking a virus or parasite) characters at times. The main example is Chris Redfield punching a large boulder mid-push in an attempt to move it. It's as funny as it sounds.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Leon doesn't have the feats to compare to Nightwing. I doubt he even has the feats to say he can beat, Damian....

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By GunGunW

@Rick_Grayson said:

Well Chris Redfield can punch boulders... I have no idea what that has anything to do with Leon though, lol

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImmortalT1000

Nightwing.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Dick.... So hard.

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rick_Grayson
@GunGunW said:

@Rick_Grayson said:

Well Chris Redfield can punch boulders... I have no idea what that has anything to do with Leon though, lol

Well Chris punching boulders has nothing to do with Leon, but obviously I wasn't referring to just that.
Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Stronger

@Vance Astro said:

Leon doesn't have the feats to compare to Nightwing. I doubt he even has the feats to say he can beat, Damian....

This.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By renamed040924

@Vance Astro said:

OOOOOHHHHH HELL NAW. I AIN'T BOUT TO TAKE THAT SITTIN' DOWN.

@Rick_Grayson said:

They're superhuman by Marvel and DC standards. Ripping through chains and matching superspeed mutants move for move, no magic soldier juice required! Suck it Cap.

1:15 holds open the jaws of a giant 20 foot long shark (that's several tons of force, and he's in the process of drowning while I'm at it)

Analyzes the path of each erratically moving laser the instant it appears, and mentally plans out the best way to contort his body so as to barely avoid them (notice how the scene goes into slow motion towards the end, but Leon does nothing if not speed up!)

Tanks a 30 ton hit with no damage, shows off some neat parkour too.

In terms of skill, you can see Leon's unbelievable precision in the latter two videos. He's the most highly trained agent in the entire U.S. Government, and the president's right hand man, easily taking on hordes of multitonner BOWs with his bare hands, even managing to defeat a group of Ganados while handcuffed in RE: Damnation. Leon has the stat edge over Nightwing in most areas, and I'd bet the skill advantage as well. He sure as hell has the advantage over friggin Damian at least.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By z3ro180

@nickzambuto: after watching and reading your post i thought it was going to say

....but nightwing wins

lol

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jashro44

Nightwing.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By renamed040924

@jashro44 said:

Nightwing.

Why? Is Leon not stronger with superior reaction time and fighting skill?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dondave

@nickzambuto: while the laser dodging scan is cool, it seems like something even Stephanie Brown could do let alone Nightwing.

Nightwing ftw

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@nickzambuto said:

@jashro44 said:

Nightwing.

No, he's none of those things.
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dondave

@nickzambuto:Also dick has taken hits from Donna Troy and Osiris

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jashro44

@nickzambuto said:

@jashro44 said:

Nightwing.

I will give him strength. But not skill and speed. I am not really sure what to say and I am sort of tired right now so here are some scans.

There is some other stuff too. I just honestly think nightwing is better then Leon. And I should probably point out there is no difference between pre 52 nightwing and new 52 nightwing. Every member of the bat family was pretty much unaffected by the flashpoint IIRC.

EDIT: For some reason the caption with the Ravager fight didn't show up. So the scans without a caption that's who nightwing is taking down. She has precog and she has been trained by deathstroke. Admittedly I think she may have improved since then but I don't know for certain.

Hentoshinka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hentoshinka

This thread is embarrassing Leon has done absolutely nothing to put himself on the same level as someone of Nightwing's caliber, he hasn't done anything to put himself on Damian's league.

Objectively speaking, Leon doesn't have a single bullet timing feat, dodging lasers is something Black Widow or Stephanie Brown could easily do, if that's his best feat then he's significantly outclassed by Damian let alone Dick, and breaking chains is something all peak humans can do.

That feat of Leon holding the sharks mouth up is BS also, he was using a metal pole to pry the sharks mouth open and prevented the shark from killing him.

1. Meanwhile Dick was able to open up the jaws of an orca without using anything but his owns strength

No Caption Provided

2. Dick was also able to catch the fist of a scientist who gained superhuman strength, he was smashing steel lab equipment and Nightwing casually caught his fist

No Caption Provided

3. More importantly let me know when Leon can kick a 250 lb man so hard he flies through a barricaded door and back 15 feet

No Caption Provided

Dick would have to hold back since he might kill Leon on accident if he hits him too hard, even though Leon survived getting hit back 30 feet, Nightwing will be repeatedly pounding his face in.

4. Let me know when Leon gets surrounded by 40 armed soldiers, and manages to kick all of their asses without killing them and without getting injured

5. How about when Leon can jump into the air and dodge gunfire..from TWENTY SEVEN SHOOTERS

No Caption Provided

6. FUN FACT: Nightwing knows pressure points

No Caption Provided

Even if Chris and Ada were helping Leon, they would still get their asses kicked badly. These characters are so outclassed physically and in terms of skill it's not even funny. As someone else pointed, Nightwing beat down Owen Mercer who's faster and more skilled than Wesker is. None of the RE Humans can compete on a skill based or a physical based level. But hey, maybe when Chris and Leon can bullet time, dodge gunfire from dozens of shooters simultaneously, use pressure points or punch people so hard that they fly back several yards they may be able to compete.

Resident Evil humans are some of the least impressive bunch of characters in video games, and that's saying alot because the standard for video game humans is much lower than comic human. This is also coming from someone who's played Resident Evil since 1998, over 15 years, and have even played and beaten the garbage offshoots like Survivor and The Umbrella. And even though it took every fiber of my being I beat the abomination known as Resident Evil 6 /shudders

JinSlayerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damnation and Degeneration Leon is ridiculously good, he could deffo take on NW

Maybe you should play RE4 and RE6...

JSX

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Alexander505

Nightwing stomps

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hentoshinka: I agree with your post 99%.

Leon doesn't stand a chance against Nightwing. None of the RE characters do really, except Albert who has a very slim chance.

That being said, I definitely disagree with you when you say the standard for video game characters are much lower than comics. Its quite the opposite actually.

There are some serious powerhouses in video games. I dare say that some of the most powerful in video games could easily challenge the most powerful characters in comics.

But either way, very good post concerning Nightwing.

Jmarshmallow

Genji3494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Genji3494

@nickzambuto: I don't know if we saw the same film but Leon was the one who was throwing punches and roundhouse kicks at Svetlana, not the other way around. Svetlana only disarmed Leon's gun and was mostly on defensive stance, countering. Leon was trying to attack her but she evaded every attack from him.

Also remember the time, Bitorez Mendez knocked Leon out of cold by slamming him through floorboards?

Or that Krauser would have turned Leon into shish kebab had Ada not saved his life during his first knife fight with him. Leon doesn't even end up killing Krauser. Ada does. Sure Leon took down army of Ganados but he had help.

Yes, Leon is super impressive and i don't doubt he can take on Nightwing in a fight but i think some of these feats are really exaggerated. There is also some inconsistency with the character feats and powers in RE games. For example, Chris can punch and push boulders yet he needs Sheva to help him push container which probably weighs much less than that huge boulder.

Avatar image for deactivated-62e81257beede
deactivated-62e81257beede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lenzo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lenzo-

Nightwing stomps.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leon stomps.

Lenzo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lenzo-

@eredin12

Nightwing has defeated Owen Mercer, who is faster and more skilled than Wesker and Krauser. And he hasn't matched any supersonic characters in the RE universe, where did that come from. Krauser doesn't operate at supersonic speed and they don't punch at the speed of a bullet. The ganados aren't superhumans.

And I don't know if you are talking about Leon holding a multi-ton monster with ease or the ganados, but if it is him then no.

That shark feat is fake and has been debunked countless of times. He used a metal pole to pry the sharks mouth open. Not his own strength. And he hasn't shown anything that is comparable with Nightwing's strength.

RE characters are peak human at best or just below that.

Also, his defining speed feat that is always brought up is dodging lasers which is decent, but also a little not so impressive. Other members of the bat-family like Todd, Cass, Tim, Barbara or Selina can do that with ease, let alone some like Dick.

During his solo comic run, Nightwing (1996) Dick caught the fist of a scientist casually who had gained superhuman strength via a serum. The same guy was smashing steel lab equipment with ease.

Dick as Batman, was able to open up the jaws of an orca without using anything but his own upper strength.

Nightwing is a lot faster, stronger, more skilled in H2H. Leon's H2H is poor compared to Nightwing or anyone in the bat-family.

Lenzo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lenzo-

@eredin12 Oh so, you haven't read anything bat-family related or haven't picked up a single comic book in your life? That explains it.

How am I trolling? Leon would get beat by Nightwing badly. Try actually reading the material instead of hiding in other people's posts.

Yes I am a fanboy. So is everybody pretty much when it comes to their favorite character/s singular etc.

Lenzo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lenzo-

@eredin12 Not lowballing, you are just inept and lack general knowledge of every street tier in DC and Marvel. Leon isn't stomping and hasn't done anything to put himself at Nightwing's league.

Then you start calling me a fanboy and claiming that I am a troll? If only you could look at yourself and what you spout in every thread. Anyone with a brain knows that you really don't have a clue of what you are talking about.