• 110 results
#1 Posted by hyperfinn (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrows will be shot, as two of the greatest archers, who're known for performing some of the most impossible feats, are about to clash in a fight to the death.

#2 Posted by KeyFirstnaten (252 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Hawkeye wins without much difficulty.

#3 Posted by macleen (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas dances around Hawkeye then oneshots

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#4 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16551 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye doesn’t stand a chance

#5 Posted by PayneInTheAss (11765 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done

Legolas

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#6 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas kills him, especially since this is in a forest.

#7 Edited by mrmonster (15568 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas

#8 Posted by KeyFirstnaten (252 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you guys all crazy? Legolas doesn't have any feat on par with Hawkeye's.

Legolas

Legolas kills him, especially since this is in a forest.

Been done

Legolas

Hawkeye doesn’t stand a chance

@macleen said:

Legolas dances around Hawkeye then oneshots

#9 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (16551 posts) - - Show Bio

@keyfirstnaten: are you crazy? Did you see the last Hobbits movie? Legolas would dance circles around Hawkeye.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#10 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11922 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd need to re-watch the movies, but Legolas has always been overrated. Unless I'm forgetting something really, really impressive, he gets murked.

#11 Posted by KeyFirstnaten (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@keyfirstnaten: are you crazy? Did you see the last Hobbits movie? Legolas would dance circles around Hawkeye.

Show me feat from Legolas that surpasses what I posted.

#12 Posted by TourneyMaster (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Legolas wins.

MCU fans get mad. Rrrrrr.

#13 Posted by KeyFirstnaten (252 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by gokuss4z (3419 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas murder stomps, unless Hawkeye gets some new feats in End Game

#15 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27761 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas is overrated as usual, and Clint teaches him the basics at any range.

#16 Edited by KeyFirstnaten (252 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16551 posts) - - Show Bio

@keyfirstnaten:

https://youtu.be/VM0uE-pDbKs

https://youtu.be/KLkD0H3K5Zk

https://youtu.be/3kNqc5Hrh0M

While Hawkeye is struggling against Black Widow, Legolas is doing CRAZY SHIT! They’re not even in the same league.

#18 Posted by KeyFirstnaten (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@keyfirstnaten:

https://youtu.be/VM0uE-pDbKs

https://youtu.be/KLkD0H3K5Zk

https://youtu.be/3kNqc5Hrh0M

While Hawkeye is struggling against Black Widow, Legolas is doing CRAZY SHIT! They’re not even in the same league.

@gokuss4z said:

Legolas murder stomps, unless Hawkeye gets some new feats in End Game

@keyfirstnaten said:
@tourneymaster said:

Yeah Legolas wins.

MCU fans get mad. Rrrrrr.

@keyfirstnaten said:
@ready_4_madness said:

Show me feat from Legolas that surpasses what I posted.

#19 Posted by KeyFirstnaten (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@renny said:

Legolas is Hawkeye on steroids.

Legolas can shoot accurately without even facing the object he's shooting at? Do you have evidence for this?

#20 Posted by Namebk (509 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas is enhanced I believe so he wins.

#21 Posted by Renny (3313 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by KeyFirstnaten (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@namebk said:

Legolas is enhanced I believe so he wins.

@renny said:

Proof?

#23 Posted by Renny (3313 posts) - - Show Bio

@keyfirstnaten:

In LOTR he made split second adjustments and acrobatics that weren’t human. He ain’t normal, he’s an elf.

#24 Posted by KeyFirstnaten (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@renny said:

@keyfirstnaten:

In LOTR he made split second adjustments and acrobatics that weren’t human. He ain’t normal, he’s an elf.

Doesn't mean that he's a better marksmen than Hawkeye.

#25 Posted by green_skaar (12409 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas

#26 Posted by Paytience (5010 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is the better pure marksman, but Legolas wins this.

#27 Posted by Paytience (5010 posts) - - Show Bio

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VM0uE-pDbKs

#28 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye has superior gear, superior marksmanship, hits faster targets, and is a well trained fighter.

Legolas has inferior gear, superior stats, has significant feats against people at Hawkeye's level, and probably has the best combat feats of the two.

I'd say in a ranged battle, Hawkeye takes this; but with enough cover or a shorter distance, I think Legolas takes it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#29 Posted by cromulor (2367 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hawkeye is better at shooting but Legolas is a bit more than human.

#30 Posted by KeyFirstnaten (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@cromulor said:

I think Hawkeye is better at shooting but Legolas is a bit more than human.

So you think a martial artist can beat someone with a rifle at-range?

#31 Posted by TourneyMaster (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Hawkeye has superior gear, superior marksmanship, hits faster targets, and is a well trained fighter.

Legolas has inferior gear, superior stats, has significant feats against people at Hawkeye's level, and probably has the best combat feats of the two.

I'd say in a ranged battle, Hawkeye takes this; but with enough cover or a shorter distance, I think Legolas takes it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Hawkeye gear is not really supported as a pro. It just shows Legolas can do more with less and Hawkeye is too shitty to not rely on special SHIELD made gear to supply him. Without that SHIELD supply, which Hawkeye loss during Civil War and Ultron arcs, Hawkeye was mostly limited to normal arrows.

So if being supplied with gear he cannot readily get or make himself, you may have a point.

#32 Edited by Paytience (5010 posts) - - Show Bio

@keyfirstnaten: I think Hawkeye uses a bow not a rifle, so the question is irrelevant; and Legolas was able to arrow dodge while dancing on top of Dwarve's heads as they were bobbing down a river in barrels through white water rapids- and even if Hawkeye had a firearm it might not matter since Maria Hill was able to evade his shot in Avengers, even though he had the dead drop on her. Hawkeye ain't infallible, and Legolas doesn't need you to make a mistake to capitalize on a situation in the first place.

#33 Posted by KeyFirstnaten (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@keyfirstnaten: I think Hawkeye uses a bow not a rifle, so the question is irrelevant; and Legolas was able to arrow dodge while dancing on top of Dwarve's heads as they were bobbing down a river in barrels through white water rapids- and even if Hawkeye had a firearm it might not matter since Maria Hill was able to evade his shot in Avengers, even though he had the dead drop on her. Hawkeye ain't infallible, and Legolas doesn't need you to make a mistake to capitalize on a situation in the first place.

It's an analogy, but you didn't comprehend that. So your opinion is pretty much mutt.

#34 Edited by Paytience (5010 posts) - - Show Bio

@keyfirstnaten: It's not an applicable analogy, but you didn't comprehend that-so your opinion is pretty much moot.

Now swallow the attitude and finish your fruitloops, kid.

#35 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Hawkeye gear is not really supported as a pro. It just shows Legolas can do more with less and Hawkeye is too shitty to not rely on special SHIELD made gear to supply him. Without that SHIELD supply, which Hawkeye loss during Civil War and Ultron arcs, Hawkeye was mostly limited to normal arrows.

So if being supplied with gear he cannot readily get or make himself, you may have a point.

Superior equipment is always a pro. There is no indication Legolas crafted any of his equipment either. So your point is moot...

Hawkeye was given the equipment he has not because he's a member of SHIELD; but because his marksmanship is top knotch enough that SHIELD was willing to invest in him that much...Just as Legolas was given his equipment for the same reason. It's just the equipment SHIELD crafts is superior.

Hawkeye was still shooting people moving at vehicle speeds without looking, with superior arrows; but doing so nonetheless. And even if we take away the special arrows, he still uses a better bow (composite bow), made of superior materials, and likely is wearing superior armor based on some of the hits he's taken. As well as superior, standard arrows.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#36 Posted by KeyFirstnaten (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@keyfirstnaten: It's not an applicable analogy, but you didn't comprehend that-so your opinion is pretty much moot.

Now swallow the attitude and finish your fruitloops, kid.

Of course it's applicable.

#37 Edited by Paytience (5010 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: You can't say his bow is flat out superior to middle earth elf bows since Legolas' bow has displayed characteristics beyond the abilities of our materials. Also, Hawkeye isn't using a composite bow. (I guess you could technically use composite limbs...but it wouldn't fit the decription of a composite bow) He uses modern recurves: a Hoyt Buffalo and a Hoyt Gamesmaster II, respectively. We know what the performance on these bows are, and they are not on par with Legolas'...Legolas bow penetrated Orc Heavy armor at ranges beyond the human eye in the battle in the mines of moria, on the Bridge of Kazad dum.

He was also dropping wargs at ranges that the hoyts can't even reach, and that isn't even a close comparison.

Hawkeye has some tech advantages, but the bow isn't one of them. We know what his bows can do spec for spec. For legolas all we have are the feats of his bow, and they far outstrip the capabilities of the gamesmaster...

#38 Posted by TourneyMaster (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay:

Superior equipment is always a pro. There is no indication Legolas crafted any of his equipment either. So your point is moot...

Legolas is able to make his gear. Any archer of any force knows how to make arrows. To say he does not, well thats far fetch mental gymnatics. Meanwhile Hawkeye cannot make his gear nor shown the genius inttelect or tools to do so.

Thats the point.

Hawkeye was given the equipment he has not because he's a member of SHIELD; but because his marksmanship is top knotch enough that SHIELD was willing to invest in him that much...Just as Legolas was given his equipment for the same reason. It's just the equipment SHIELD crafts is superior.

Again, legolas gear is nothing a midevil pesant or typical blacksmith could not make. Hawkeye gear requires tech genius and rare resources :/ Big difference.

Hawkeye was still shooting people moving at vehicle speeds without looking, with superior arrows; but doing so nonetheless. And even if we take away the special arrows, he still uses a better bow (composite bow), made of superior materials, and likely is wearing superior armor based on some of the hits he's taken. As well as superior, standard arrows.

And? Legolas makes impossible arrow shots himself, and dodge arrow (300 fps) projectiles casually, when feet from his head. Not sure what body armor matters when normal arrows go through most forms of body armor in real world anyway. Legolas own armor is and should be design to help vs arrows like most armor of the day.

So really at the end of a day, Hawkeye needs special gear to be relevant unlike legolas, thus his gear is not a pro its proof of his inferior ability in the same fighting style.

#39 Edited by Paytience (5010 posts) - - Show Bio

@tourneymaster: Normal arrows do not go through body armor..unless you're watching a review where they are using some cheap kevlar vest tha thas been sitting on a shelf for years. Kevlar has a shelf life...it will stop arrows if it's made to standard.

Modern soft armors designed in the last 15-20 years or so weigh 2-3 lbs and are made of carbon nano tube fibers with a non newtonian fluid backing. Yeah...arrows don't go through most armors.

#40 Posted by charlesvvv (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas definently.

#41 Posted by Syntix (569 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas’ archery skill are far beyond than that of Clint’s but Clint’s gadget and arrows would definitely be a solid game changer for Clint.

#42 Edited by TourneyMaster (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience said:

@tourneymaster: Normal arrows do not go through body armor..unless you're watching a review where they are using some cheap kevlar vest tha thas been sitting on a shelf for years. Kevlar has a shelf life...it will stop arrows if it's made to standard.

Modern soft armors designed in the last 15-20 years or so weigh 2-3 lbs and are made of carbon nano tube fibers with a non newtonian fluid backing. Yeah...arrows don't go through most armors.

Bullshit Kevlar stops arrows. As 3 years Master at Arms (Navy Military Police) I seen our vest stabbed through by knives and arrows during our training sessions. One training vid we had showed a compact bow piercing out middle grade armor fine. So yeah, I will fallback on my knowledge and experience.

Loading Video...

Hell here is a random video on arrows piercing thick modern day vests. Its a thing.

#43 Posted by dark_globe (660 posts) - - Show Bio

legolas one shots .

#44 Edited by GateOfBabylon (4390 posts) - - Show Bio

I genuinely do not remember any archery feats for Legolas that puts him above Clint.

#45 Edited by Paytience (5010 posts) - - Show Bio

@tourneymaster: Yeah...I don't care about your cop experience. If you want to play that route, my interceptor system I wore as a marine could stop a 30-06 at point blank range and still take a bayonet. And my last duty was with the mp's and they wear flaks/plate carriers, not bullet proof vests.

Read the first part of my post...there is a shelf life on kevlar. First. Second, clearly that is a plate carrier without the plate in it, and not a bullet proof vest. Seeing as to how there is a plate pouch on it...and that video doesn't shown critical penetration. The next part of my post covers the difference between modern (ie most vests) and older kevlar models.

Third, as for knives and such going through body armor...here is modern civilian soft armor vs ice picks and a kabar:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bMlUfMslbv8

Next...the claim was that it would go through "most" body armors...I guess the argument then becomes whether or not "most" armor is past date kevlar panels and empty plate carriers, or whether or not most armor now consists of modern made materials...which I will argue they do, since kevlar as I said, has a shelf life. I will concede that against a level 2 or less kevlar ballistic weave is vulnerable to arrows unless it is specifically stab proof; but most level 3a will stop it if it is fresh kevlar or a modern fabric. That is just soft armor. Arrows stand precisely zero chance against modern plate or scale.

Note: DFNDR armor is a new company that has some weird coposite I do not know the make of. It won't stop arrows. Seems to stop bullets the same way ceramics do, by shattering, but it is super soft in comparison.

Also...compounds and crossbows are not what either archer uses.

#46 Posted by sportjames23 (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

#47 Posted by Lucano (3454 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Legolas shitstomps effortlessly, while looking fabulous... This is not even close, or a good fight by any means.

#48 Edited by TourneyMaster (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience said:

@tourneymaster: Yeah...I don't care about your cop experience. If you want to play that route, my interceptor system I wore as a marine could stop a 30-06 at point blank range and still take a bayonet. And my last duty was with the mp's and they wear flaks/plate carriers, not bullet proof vests.

Read the first part of my post...there is a shelf life on kevlar. First. Second, clearly that is a plate carrier without the plate in it, and not a bullet proof vest. Seeing as to how there is a plate pouch on it...and that video doesn't shown critical penetration. The next part of my post covers the difference between modern (ie most vests) and older kevlar models.

Third, as for knives and such going through body armor...here is modern civilian soft armor vs ice picks and a kabar:

Next...the claim was that it would go through "most" body armors...I guess the argument then becomes whether or not "most" armor is past date kevlar panels and empty plate carriers, or whether or not most armor now consists of modern made materials...which I will argue they do, since kevlar as I said, has a shelf life. I will concede that against a level 2 or less kevlar ballistic weave is vulnerable to arrows unless it is specifically stab proof; but most level 3a will stop it if it is fresh kevlar or a modern fabric. That is just soft armor. Arrows stand precisely zero chance against modern plate or scale.

Note: DFNDR armor is a new company that has some weird coposite I do not know the make of. It won't stop arrows. Seems to stop bullets the same way ceramics do, by shattering, but it is super soft in comparison.

Fair enough, I never saw Plate armor till I was cross rated as a Seabee, and deployed with Beachmasters back in 2010. Im sure as a Marine you know who they are? So my experience and training is limited to these weak ass Blue Vests that can stop up to .45 rounds, and arrows punch them fine. Plate armor is a different beast, and I highly doubt Clint is walking with 80s pounds of plate armor. Nor Dragon Skin by the look of his suit.

No Caption Provided

Looks like that weak ass Kevlar to me. Which is what me and Floopay were discussing to begin with. Hawkeye armor vs arrows.

#49 Posted by Lucano (3454 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience said:

Fair enough, I never saw Plate armor till I was cross rated as a Seabee, and deployed with Beachmasters back in 2010. Im sure as a Marine you know who they are? So my experience and training is limited to these weak ass Blue Vests that can stop up to .45 rounds, and arrows punch them fine. Plate armor is a different beast, and I highly doubt Clint is walking with 80s pounds of plate armor. Nor Dragon Armor by the look of his suit.

No Caption Provided

Looks like that weak ass Kevlar to me. Which is what me and Floopay were discussing to begin with. Hawkeye armor vs arrows.

Sorry for getting involved in this, but I am just throwing my two cents to this debate: Isn't kevlar irrelevant when Legolas will just put an arrow between Hawkeye's eyes (LOL) effortlessly?

#50 Posted by eri123 (1173 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas.