Legendary King Ghidorah runs the MCU army gauntlet

• 108 results
ponamis999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Legendary King Ghidorah runs the MCU army gauntlet (97 votes)

Stops at 1 1%
Stops at 2 1%
Stops at 3 0%
Stops at 4 0%
Stops at 5 1%
Stops at 6 4%
Stops at 7 1%
Stops at 8 6%
Stops at 9 7%
Clears 27%
He can take them all at once 48%
Result 3%
No Caption Provided

Legendary King Ghidorah goes up against a line of MCU armies.

Fully bloodlusted and all abilities are allowed.

He is fully healed after each round that he wins.

Round 1: Mysterio's drone army

No Caption Provided

Round 2: Ultron and his army of sentry bots

No Caption Provided

Round 3: The entire Iron Legion in Iron Man 3

No Caption Provided

Round 4: Outrider invasion

No Caption Provided

Round 5: Chitauri invasion

No Caption Provided

Round 6: Nova Corps and Ravager aerial army

No Caption Provided

Round 7: Malekith + Kurse + Dark Elf army (No Black Hole Grenades/Aether)

No Caption Provided

Round 8: Thanos + Black Order + Army (No Infinity Stones)

No Caption Provided

Round 9: Avengers army + Captain Marvel (No Infinity Stones/BFR)

No Caption Provided

• 
alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: The thing with Godzilla tanking nukes is that they also power him up. He was severely hurt by a building falling in him in the first movie, but he did get stronger since then. Also when Godzilla was shooting off his nuke blasts at the end of the movie, he was roasting Gidorah. Ghidorah is way more powerful than anyone here, but I think an argument can still me made for the final two rounds. Remember, it was implied Thanos’ army could have solod all of Earth’s armies.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@alextheboss said:

@takenstew22: The thing with Godzilla tanking nukes is that they also power him up.

And?

He was severely hurt by a building falling in him in the first movie,

While he was exhausted.

but he did get stronger since then. Also when Godzilla was shooting off his nuke blasts at the end of the movie, he was roasting Gidorah.

Which means Godzilla got vastly more powerful, like you said.

Ghidorah is way more powerful than anyone here, but I think an argument can still me made for the final two rounds. Remember, it was implied Thanos’ army could have solod all of Earth’s armies.

I am certain he had the firepower and numbers to solo Earth, but it's not that impressive considering Godzilla and all the other Kaiju's can do the exact same thing.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

Fyi, it was confirmed that the mutos use their emps drain him of his radiation. Hence why he had more low showings in the first movie.

Isocom79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

Because anything Thor would do would amplify King Ghidorah's lightning capabilities.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isocom79: I honestly forgot about that. That could be a problem. Thor can use Stormbreaker without lightning though.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, I don't see a way Ghidorah loses here. CM could possibly do her bullrush super sayin move and she might go through him but I don't think that would KO him. She's not immune to physical attacks and his attacks would be more devastating than anything she's faced.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Getting hit by an attack that powers you up makes it less impressive. For example, Ghidorra tanking a powerful lightning attack is less impressive as lightning powers him up rather than damages him. Godzilla still tanked the raw kinetic force of the nuke, but the radiation does give him a power up. If radiation poisoned him like most creatures, he wouldn't have fared as well. Tanking a large scale explosion doesn't mean Thor can penetrate him with his ax considering how small the ax is and how potent it is. If this was Ghidorah vs Thor, obviously Ghidorah would stomp. But Ghidorah has a lot to deal with here, and Thor can at least do some damage.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordinaryalan: Ghidorra would have an extremely hard time tagging Captain Marvel, especially while being attacked by thousands of other things at the same time.

MoneyyJunee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By X_insignia1

@alextheboss:

He also tanked the Permian extinction meteor. Godzilla I mean

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@alextheboss said:

@takenstew22: Getting hit by an attack that powers you up makes it less impressive. For example, Ghidorra tanking a powerful lightning attack is less impressive as lightning powers him up rather than damages him. Godzilla still tanked the raw kinetic force of the nuke, but the radiation does give him a power up. If radiation poisoned him like most creatures, he wouldn't have fared as well.

Tanking the kinetic force of a nuke is still tanking a nuke. Don't know how that discredits his overall durability. Yes he absorbs radiation, and that doesn't make his feats any less impressive. The kinetic force and explosion is still there and Godzilla shrugs off that shit.

Tanking a large scale explosion doesn't mean Thor can penetrate him with his ax considering how small the ax is and how potent it is. If this was Ghidorah vs Thor, obviously Ghidorah would stomp. But Ghidorah has a lot to deal with here, and Thor can at least do some damage.

Yes, he can do damage, but it's gonna be pretty insignificant and easily shrugged off if not just healed from entirely.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Eh, if you are getting a power up that heals you while being damaged, it should help mitigate the damage somewhat. Godzilla can take city level kinetic energy for sure, but normally it would hurt him, at least somewhat. He was also hurt pretty bad from being dropped from the sky.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@alextheboss said:

@takenstew22: Eh, if you are getting a power up that heals you while being damaged, it should help mitigate the damage somewhat. Godzilla can take city level kinetic energy for sure, but normally it would hurt him, at least somewhat. He was also hurt pretty bad from being dropped from the sky.

He was dropped pretty damn high, and he got up after that. I believe we've already been through that instance before.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: We talked about the building falling on him, but I don't think we talked about the dropping feat unless it was in another thread.

Hulk and Giantman both one shot Leviathans, and those things seemed almost as big as the male MUTO, and then there is Captain Marvel with her massively fast bull rushes, all the sorcerers and their portals, scarlet witch, ect, I think Ghidora should at least have a run for his money.

Isocom79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

All the armies here are fodder. And once Thor powers him up, the Avengers are toast for sure.

Aeneas100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe someone is actually making a case for the armies here. Gidorah can take them all at once and they still die.

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The list is in the wrong order .

The army in Round 8 should be in 9 and vice versa .

Thanos’ army was winning against the Avengers .

https://www.artofvfx.com/avengers-endgame-matt-aitken-vfx-supervisor-sidney-kombo-kintombo-animation-supervisor-gerardo-aguilera-fx-supervisor-weta-digital/

Avatar image for deactivated-60292f0aa8158
deactivated-60292f0aa8158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In order to absorb the radiation off a nuke you have to tank the blast as well. Godzilla doesn't absorb the fireball he absorbs the radiation. He can easily take the blast hence why his body was still in one piece after the Oxygen Destroyer.

ReiTigerstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ReiTigerstar

Oh please. Ghidorah wasn't even that big.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 takenstew22  Moderator
ReiTigerstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 takenstew22  Moderator
ReiTigerstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: That's not what the movies show. Rodan was bigger than the humans and he stomped them. Ghidorah was bigger than Rodan and he stomped him. Godzilla was bigger than Ghidorah and he stomped him. If everyone in the armies stacked up Tetris style they should be able to surpass Ghidorah's height and therefore easily win this battle. It's pure logic.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 takenstew22  Moderator

@takenstew22: That's not what the movies show. Rodan was bigger than the humans and he stomped them. Ghidorah was bigger than Rodan and he stomped him. Godzilla was bigger than Ghidorah and he stomped him. If everyone in the armies stacked up Tetris style they should be able to surpass Ghidorah's height and therefore easily win this battle. It's pure logic.

No Caption Provided

ReiTigerstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reitigerstar said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK folks. King Ghiddorah? Talking serious, serious firepower here.

Nashiruu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does this this thread still exist? It's quite clear who stomps this

RobertMiles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idk the movies and the only ghidorah i really know is the one from the 50s/60s godzilla movies. but a roughly godzilla level being isnt taking on someone who > the silver surfer

Avatar image for the_institution
The_Institution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't even read the OP

Just came here to says he clears.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idk the movies and the only ghidorah i really know is the one from the 50s/60s godzilla movies. but a roughly godzilla level being isnt taking on someone who > the silver surfer

There is no Silver Surfer in the MCU (yet)

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Honestly , the only army here that would last for more than 5 seconds is Thanos's army because he has a 4km ship with (ineffective) torpedoes on it that would take Ghidorah like a few seconds to bring down . Every single other army would get sweep through.

Also , I just want to ask what was the extent of Ghidorah's durability ? Since I haven't seen the movie in a long time . I remember it definitely being in the Megatons category but don't know how many digits or was it in the gigatons category . I say this because while the OP certainly imagined Sanctuary 2 to fight Ghidorah like it did with the End game army , the ship actually has some huge bombs used for orbital bombardment . Do you think these will do something ?

https://youtu.be/vKBIMHciKEY

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 takenstew22  Moderator

@ccbm2208 said:

@takenstew22: Honestly , the only army here that would last for more than 5 seconds is Thanos's army because he has a 4km ship with (ineffective) torpedoes on it that would take Ghidorah like a few seconds to bring down . Every single other army would get sweep through.

Also , I just want to ask what was the extent of Ghidorah's durability ? Since I haven't seen the movie in a long time . I remember it definitely being in the Megatons category but don't know how many digits or was it in the gigatons category . I say this because while the OP certainly imagined Sanctuary 2 to fight Ghidorah like it did with the End game army , the ship actually has some huge bombs used for orbital bombardment . Do you think these will do something ?

https://youtu.be/vKBIMHciKEY

Visually they're impressive, but in the final fight we never get to see huge firepower like that.

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Ccbm2208

@takenstew22: It could just be different weapons that the ship had . The missles used on the Avengers' base could be close range artilery for ship to ship combat while those bombs in the video were used to devastate a planet's population . It would be more practiacal and convenient to use much lighter weapons on the small target that is the Avengers' compound (only a few tens of acre ) than using a massive weapon that would have mopped the tristate area (uneccessary) . Plus Thanos didn't want to loose the stones .

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clears all at the same time

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears

Slater8486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That phoenix bird flying was destroying cities and burning everything in its path and was nothing compared to Ghidorah. All Ghidorah has to do is fly over all the armies at top speed to kill most of them, add in its electric blasts and everything is turned into confetti here!

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He stomps every round except 6 but still wins after a bit of time. Thor attacks him and he goes into that supercharged mode again and everyone gets obliterated.