Leatherface vs. Michael Myers: Storyboarding Stakes

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Michael Myers is the fictional semi-immortal masked serial killer from the popular Halloween horror film franchise.

Leatherface is the fictional chainsaw-wielding cannibal from the equally-popular Texas Chainsaw Massacre horror film franchise.

Michael Myers usually uses a large knife against people, while Leatherface uses his iconic chainsaw.

Because Michael Myers is semi-immortal, it seems he has the sensitivity to overcome a brutish goon such as Leatherface, but Leatherface is incredible terrifying with his loud and devastating chainsaw.

I've heard theories that Michael Myers can get around Leatherface's chainsaw with wits and agility (which Leatherface lacks) and even throw obstacles in his way (i.e., large pumpkins) to throw the brute off and maybe knock his chainsaw out of his hand.

Nevertheless, this supreme American horror cinema avatar battle makes for great storytelling and cinema (there are rumors of a Michael Myers vs. Leatherface film in the works).

Leatherface makes a nice appearance in the new video game Mortal Kombat X.

I'm citing generic versions of these two characters in a battle which has definitely been re-hashed over and over on Comic Vine, but I'm doing it here to ask one simple question: which ghoul is the true king of the dark side?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Creeper113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fine I'll bite...Michael.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've heard theories that Michael Myers can get around Leatherface's chainsaw with wits and agility (which Leatherface lacks) and even throw obstacles in his way (i.e., large pumpkins) to throw the brute off and maybe knock his chainsaw out of his hand.

Agility...Really? I can't recall an instance where Michael has ever even attempted to block or dodge anything he just stands there & takes it like a champ.

Creeper113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abishai100 said:

Agility...Really? I can't recall an instance where Michael has ever even attempted to block or dodge anything he just stands there & takes it like a champ.

For that matter I don't recall him ever throwing pumpkins?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerforhire said:
@Abishai100 said:

For that matter I don't recall him ever throwing pumpkins?

Lol...Me neither.

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smh, Isn't there a thread we were debating this in?

Creeper113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pumpkin King vs. Chainsaw Cannibal: American Dossier

Thanks for the responses, regardless. I agree, there's no specific reference to Michael Myers throwing pumpkins, and this topic has been re-hashed on Comic Vine more than once, but I wanted to cast a thread about storytelling intrigue.

After all, shouldn't we ask questions such as "Does Michael Myers have a literary authority over Halloween pumpkins?" It would be rather whimsical to see the masked psycho throwing pumpkins (i.e., Hobgoblin {Marvel Comics} style) at Leatherface!

This confrontation has been getting deserved attention due to the release of the Freddy vs. Jason film.

Given all this recent fanfare attention, who is the true 'king' of the dark side?

Even if this topic has been covered, I think it's profitable to explore which American horror film ghoul is more deranged.

Michael Myers vs. Leatherface (FanFiction.net)

Michael Myers: The Dark Knight (Comic Board Fiction)

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abishai100: Michael is certainly more deranged. Leatherface is an innocent victim of his upbringing who simply doesn't know any better.

PureBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leatherface destroy Myers.

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screen Sob

Man, I'm getting so psyched about this match-up, that I'm really waiting for Hollywood (USA) to pick up on this incredible pairing.

Surely, the Freddy vs. Jason film has enough people talking about a Leatherface vs. Michael Myers film.

I haven't heard too much hype about the Leatherface origins/prequel film (titled simply) Leatherface which is supposed to be due out this year.

The last 10 years have been important in paranoia-noir film:

The Dark Knight, Suicide Squad (new), The Purge: Anarchy, Leatherface (upcoming), and Ouija.

Leatherface makes an appearance as a combat-option warrior avatar in the new video game Mortal Kombat X, so maybe we'll see Michael Myers in a future release. With Leatherface wielding his iconic and infamous chainsaw, should we give Michael a standard and iconic weapon of his own (the butcher-knife is already standard but not too dangerous in this type of battle, so how about a Jason-stylized machete or sledgehammer?)?

Leatherface (2016)

No Caption Provided

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadly Dock

In the grand scheme of things, we just might remember Leatherface and Michael Myers as the kings of American masked psychosis or Halloween-esque macabre fanfare.

I know people find normalization schemas for battle such as these two ghouls throwing pumpkins-on-fire at each other altogether cheesy, any kind of creative 'muscular variation' makes for great campfire storytelling.

Also, killerforhire, while Michael Myers is more deranged (technically), and Leatherface doesn't know any better (since he's purely out of control), we can assess which film psycho is more sensitive to his environment. Is there a particular scenario in which Leatherface would excel?

No Caption Provided

liquidmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By liquidmetal

I'm going with michael. He seems more stslkerish and he's posessed by THORN which keeps him from dying. Leatherface has great killing skills but can die more easily.

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mortality vs. Gore: Realism

Immortality seems to be a really poignant issue with this battle, and only Michael Myers seems unreservedly free from the limitations of death. Since the original Halloween (John Carpenter), Myers has been portrayed as a super-psycho who has a cryptic ability to be strangely resilient in the face of death.

Leatherface, on the other hand, has always been portrayed as someone who is simply a maniac; not all maniacs are built the same, and Leatherface is unreservedly the most bizarre maniac. Nevertheless, he is mortal and we've seen in at least two Texas Chainsaw films that when the brute's heavy chainsaw falls on his own leg, the super-psycho is obviously humbled.

If you're more intrigued by mortality (or immortality), then Michael Myers should clearly win, but if mania and gore intrigue you, then Leatherface may have the upper hand. Maybe it really does come down to arena/weaponry availability/access for these two stalking horror film ghouls.

That's why we need a film to capture all the intrigue of a hypothetical combat between these two.

No Caption Provided