• Takes place in an unpopulated city
  • Start 50 ft apart
skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@koays@marvelfan1992@pyrofn@geekryan@lordofallhumans@del_torro@mage101@emmafrostxmen@mooty_pass@kasya_carey@boutatakeanl@scarlet_wiccan@purplehairedni1@samgee

@pyrofn@koays@marvelfan1992@geekryan@professorrespect@boutatakeanl@mooty_pass@emmafrostxmen@samgee@onsipin@del_torro@mage101@purplehairedni1@andromeda1001@scarlet_wiccan@skywalker95@novaprime2@kasya_carey@lordofallhumans@yuuki157@fuse10@destinyman75@takenstew22@kgb725@noah_ouellette@underfire47@twrtwrtw@Aristeaus@koays@marvelfan1992@pyrofn@onsipin@geekryan@lordofallhumans@del_torro@mage101@marygcrisostomo@emmafrostxmen@mooty_pass@kasya_carey@boutatakeanl@scarlet_wiccan@purplehairedni1@samgee

@pyrofn@koays@marvelfan1992@geekryan@professorrespect@boutatakeanl@mooty_pass@bigbaby@rajjarsalt@andromeda1001@zetsu-san@wastelandman@destinyman75

@koays@marvelfan1992@pyrofn@geekryan@lordofallhumans@del_torro@mage101@emmafrostxmen@mooty_pass@kasya_carey@boutatakeanl@scarlet_wiccan@purplehairedni1@samgee

@pyrofn@koays@marvelfan1992@geekryan@professorrespect@boutatakeanl@mooty_pass@emmafrostxmen@samgee@onsipin@del_torro@mage101@purplehairedni1@andromeda1001@scarlet_wiccan@skywalker95@novaprime2@kasya_carey@lordofallhumans@yuuki157@fuse10@destinyman75@takenstew22@kgb725@noah_ouellette@underfire47@twrtwrtw@Aristeaus@koays@marvelfan1992@pyrofn@onsipin@geekryan@lordofallhumans@del_torro@mage101@marygcrisostomo@emmafrostxmen@mooty_pass@kasya_carey@boutatakeanl@scarlet_wiccan@purplehairedni1@samgee

@pyrofn@koays@marvelfan1992@geekryan@professorrespect@boutatakeanl@mooty_pass@bigbaby@rajjarsalt@andromeda1001@zetsu-san@wastelandman@destinyman75@ancient_0f_days:@thedailybagel

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is vase Thor then I'm going with the Lanterns.

Jean is virtually useless against them and they generally outstat the others and have wins against people with similar powers at higher levels.....

Kinda nothing I could see the team doing aside from extending the battle in different ways.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal got one shot by a dude in an enchanted Thor costume that one time

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Jean is virtually useless against them and they generally outstat the others and have wins against people with similar powers at higher levels.....

Kinda nothing I could see the team doing aside from extending the battle in different ways.

Why can't Jean just TP them?

OT: Assuming Jean can't TP, she'd get put down quickly along with Wanda. Hal can easily hold Thor off for long enough. I'd favor Sinestro or John over Mangeto (after a prolonged fight), and the other one can occupy Sue.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan

I'm leaning to the Marvel Team due to their hax coupled with willingness to kill

firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im going with Elites for the sheer variety of abilities they have.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boutatakeanl: All of them are casually above Jean's TK but the way Marvel telepathy works, Willpower would block an easy shut down meaning she's just got mind blast and mental attacks without the level of shields she'd need to do it while blocking offense.

It's not as big a factor in their own world but it's massive in Marvels telepaths.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mage101
@scarlet_wiccan said:

I'm leaning to the Marvel Team due to their hax coupled with willingness to kill

Lanterns actually kill and have insane resistance to hax+ speed. The OP even says that they aren't holding back.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BoutaTakeAnL
@koays said:

@boutatakeanl: All of them are casually above Jean's TK but the way Marvel telepathy works, Willpower would block an easy shut down meaning she's just got mind blast and mental attacks without the level of shields she'd need to do it while blocking offense.

It's not as big a factor in their own world but it's massive in Marvels telepaths.

Really??? I didn't know willpower was a big deal against telepaths. I thought you needed to actively have psychic resistance. Thanks for the info!

Do you have any particular examples of willpower being able to overcome telepaths?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boutatakeanl: Will power from someone like Cyclops is enough break free from or resist control from people like Shadow King and it's repeatedly been user as part of X-Men training against psychic attacks and intrusion.

While I don't think that would say give someone like Captain America TP resistance because he's strong willed, Green Lantern willpower is so great that even Batman who embodies willpower in every conceivable way a comic character can, is barely able to light up a GL ring while focusing all his willpower to exhaustion.

Something like that is asking alot for Marvel telepaths who make a very big point about focus and willpower disrupting TP spam.

firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I don't follow Marvel telepaths, but I don't think any of them could completely resist her.

Even the Shark's pseudo psychic powers can at least hinder someone like Hal.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

I'd put Sue and base Jean below most major Lantern characters, so I'd say the DC team holds the advantage overall. I definitely think Thor can match any of them one on one, and Magneto can also, but the others don't have the firepower IMO. If it were Jean in any of her Phoenix forms or Pink Jean Grey it would be different, but as it is, I'm not convinced she can beat any of the Lanterns here. And Sue I've long thought of as a Poor Man's Green Lantern...which means she'd be below a proper Green Lantern.

So again, favoring the DC team for now, but I'm willing to change my mind on this.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firefly489: DC telepathy operates without any real rules beyond power levels.

While I think we should of course take into account their anti-feats, we can't ignore that Jeans powers do actually have rules and vulnerabilities to how they work.

General psychic attacks and focused psibolts are the only offense or defense she's got here and that's crippling if the Lanterns are going all out

firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Hmm, if it's as bad for her as you say, then I might change my answer. I think elites still have a shot with things like Sue's internal attacks.

Slightly off topic, but do you think Gardner's stupidity could also work as TP defense, like it did for Boom Boom?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Hmm, if it's as bad for her as you say, then I might change my answer. I think elites still have a shot with things like Sue's internal attacks.

Slightly off topic, but do you think Gardner's stupidity could also work as TP defense, like it did for Boom Boom?

Eh....nah, i'd argue things like channeling his rage or other emotions could work though both for and against him.

Really Guy is the most vulnerable to attacks, with probably Kyle being right after him....but John, Sinestro and Hal seem a good bit above it if were talking the usual "TP GG". (Maybe not John as much but it's definitely a factor for him)

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jay_z94

What’s stopping Magneto removing their rings (IIRC they are metal)? Or halting their blood flow?

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd put Sue and base Jean below most major Lantern characters, so I'd say the DC team holds the advantage overall. I definitely think Thor can match any of them one on one, and Magneto can also, but the others don't have the firepower IMO. If it were Jean in any of her Phoenix forms or Pink Jean Grey it would be different, but as it is, I'm not convinced she can beat any of the Lanterns here. And Sue I've long thought of as a Poor Man's Green Lantern...which means she'd be below a proper Green Lantern.

So again, favoring the DC team for now, but I'm willing to change my mind on this.

How is Sue a poor man's Lantern when her constructs are consistently more durable than most Lanterns' constructs, her constructs are completely undetectable even to individuals with enhanced senses and their unique makeup makes them much more versatile than most energy forms plus she can instantly disable any shields created by a Lantern, phase energy particles through their shields or simply open force field inside their shields. Overall Sue has more to offer than being an "Invisible Lantern"

For more of her feats here's her Respect Thread

jimohkolawol10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lanterns has this fairly easily.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda and Jean are a liability to sinestro. They are both very mentally unstable and would be good for the yellow ring.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BigBaby
@icec0ld said:

Wanda and Jean are a liability to sinestro. They are both very mentally unstable and would be good for the yellow ring.

Wanda conquered her mental instability and learned to control Chthon within her soul, subverting her fears. Chthon > anyone here. Jean's not mentally unstable either lol.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@icec0ld said:

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icec0ld said:

What exactly does he do? Does he reconjure their trauma or invoke a response to their terrors that he can exploit their instability?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_wiccan: Well, you did say most Lanterns. I was thinking of major Lanterns like the ones here, not fodder Lanterns. Obviously yes, Sue is way better than them.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimohkolawol10: Are their rings metal and do they have a counter to Mags controlling their blood?

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_wiccan: Well, you did say most Lanterns. I was thinking of major Lanterns like the ones here, not fodder Lanterns. Obviously yes, Sue is way better than them.

I'm not talking about fodder ones, I mean established ones too since they can verge in power for example their track record against nukes and I've even seen gunfire crack their constructs which makes it very hard to pinpoint their consistent levels

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icec0ld said:

The heck? Jean is not mentally unstable. And the Lanterns don’t need to exploit that to pull a win.

I am rather surprised Prof re-quote this.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@pyrofn said:
@professorrespect said:
@icec0ld said:

The heck? Jean is not mentally unstable. And the Lanterns don’t need to exploit that to pull a win.

I am rather surprised Prof re-quote this.

Was gonna say that it only applies to Wanda etc

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow said:

I'm not talking about fodder ones, I mean established ones too since they can verge in power for example their track record against nukes and I've even seen gunfire crack their constructs which makes it very hard to pinpoint their consistent levels

I think those can be pretty safely written off as low showings, but alright.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lanterns.

Sinestro would beat Wanda, and can definitely exploit her fears and emotions. I don't think Jean's telepathy would do much against them. Magneto, Sue, and Thor would go down last.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean might carry her team with TP but Hal and Kyle have high end TP resistance feats that should allow them to put in work. The restrictions of their feats is pretty lame though, post Flashpoint gives them more to work with but i guess they lose for now until I choose to debate this more thoroughly. Thor and Magneto are no slouches, Magneto might pull a Dr. Polaris. I don't see Sue making a big enough difference but Wanda may add some extra firepower if she doesnt get oneshotted.

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean's TP vs Lantern Willpower is the real debate here. Also not sure whether the Lanterns can deal with Sue's hax, but she is outclassed in raw power and speed. Wanda and Mags would eventually go down. Thor can take on the best Lantern here and win eventually, but could also succumb to numbers if the other Lanterns defeat their opponents quicker. Too many variables here. I'm gonna say 50/50 for now.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean's TP vs Lantern Willpower is the real debate here. Also not sure whether the Lanterns can deal with Sue's hax, but she is outclassed in raw power and speed. Wanda and Mags would eventually go down. Thor can take on the best Lantern here and win eventually, but could also succumb to numbers if the other Lanterns defeat their opponents quicker. Too many variables here. I'm gonna say 50/50 for now.

Correct me if I'm wrong but why is speed a factor with Sue but not everyone else because if the Lanterns can really blitz Sue wouldn't the rest of the elite team get blitzed too?

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BigBaby

@ancient_0f_days: Wanda's next to the last person who's going to get one-shotted here compared to people like Jean and Magneto who don't even have a healing factor.

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheDevil98
@scarlet_wiccan said:
@thedevil98 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but why is speed a factor with Sue but not everyone else because if the Lanterns can really blitz Sue wouldn't the rest of the elite team get blitzed too?

Oh don't get me wrong. Speed is definitely a factor against everybody else here. I simply highlighted it for Sue cause I feel her hax are the most effective against Lanterns and speed would be the best way to maybe counter it.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_wiccan said:
@thedevil98 said:

Oh don't get me wrong. Speed is definitely a factor against everybody else here. I simply highlighted it for Sue cause I feel her hax are the most effective against Lanterns and speed would be the best way to maybe counter it.

Oh ok

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By destinyman75

Team Marvel by a fair margin actually. Thor is the WORST match up for any lantern. There constructs are useless delaying the end nothing more. Not to mention Thor can absorb anything they dish out as an energy absorber. Magneto likewise isn't a good match up let alone Sue. Wanda's hax also plus Jeans TP. Just too much power and hax Agaisnt the lanterns....

But Hal will be the last one standing for his team

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow said:

The bullets are obviously low showings and lanterns have feats of shielding from nukes and massive explosions their auto-shields is what is going to make them more dangerous and they can also make constructs in anyone's shield and hal has been able to do things like affect the molecular structure of shields and energies.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mage101

Team Marvel by a fair margin actually. Thor is the WORST match up for any lantern. There constructs are useless delaying the end nothing more. Not to mention Thor can absorb anything they dish out as an energy absorber. Magneto likewise isn't a good match up let alone Sue. Wanda's hax also plus Jeans TP. Just too much power and hax Agaisnt the lanterns....

But Hal will be the last one standing for his team

Jean's TP isn't doing much to GL willpower and they can also create psi-shields with their constructs so she'll be out, what wanda's hax will she be using because transmutation will be useless are shields will also be useless and how is thor the worst matchup for the lanterns. Constructs that have hurt superman, darkseid, mogul, amazo with the powers of the JL will be useless against thor? Now you're just trolling. Thor isn't absorbing any energy, he has literally fought many beings with energy related powers and did no such thing. Sue's shield durability will be a problem but the lanterns can create constructs in her shields or project a blast through it, the same goes for mags. It's quite obvious that your knowledge on the lanterns is limited. Lol at the lanterns being thor's fodder.

ShockMcuWaxIf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Willpower is irrelevant

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: No, the rings are made of solid energy in most cases

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Thanks, how about resistance to blood manipulation? No one has offered an answer to that yet

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

@koays: Thanks, how about resistance to blood manipulation? No one has offered an answer to that yet

Lanterns have resisted that a couple of times from Dr Polaris I believe.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jay_z94

@thedevil98: Appreciate this.

Dr Polaris used the iron in their blood to magnetise them, while Mags can directly control the iron itself and stop/reverse their blood flow.

With this alongside Dr Polaris manipulating Simon Bazz’s metal fillings, it’s pretty well established that the Lanterns are susceptible to all kinds of internal attacks.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan

@mage101:

The bullets are obviously low showings and lanterns have feats of shielding from nukes and massive explosions their auto-shields is what is going to make them more dangerous and they can also make constructs in anyone's shield and hal has been able to do things like affect the molecular structure of shields and energies.

Do you have scans of them making constructs inside people or their shields, including skintight shields that the Lanterns won't even know is a shield? And what energy was the shields made of that he affected?