Lantern Tournament R2: Hulkage vs. Jkutz

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
#1 Posted by TheNewBlueBeetle007 (4758 posts) - - Show Bio

Introduction

Did you ever feel like certain characters would be simply perfect with a specific Lantern Ring? Did you ever feel that the character would be unstoppable, and you could defend them to hell and back? Well, you can't, because you didn't sign up for my tournament, but you do get to watch the people who did!

Teams

No Caption Provided

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

@jkutz:

• Daredevil
  • Norman Osborn
  • Mysterio
  • Carnage
No Caption Provided
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

@hulkage:

• Percy Jackson
  • Naruto

Rules

• our character has to actually be compatible with the ring.
  • No losing the ring. If you lose the ring, you die and can't be resurrected. Your opponent cannot take away your ring.
  • Morals can be altered depending on the ring and nothing else.Nerfing will be considered. Ask me.
    • All Black, Red, Orange, and Yellow Lanterns will have no morals. So if I make Superman a Black Lantern (not that I could) he would have no morals.
    • All Violet, Indigo, Blue, and Green Lanterns will have the same morals as they normally do.
  • I will participate.
  • You get 6 months of training with your ring. This is NOT prep and cannot be used to do anything other than train.
  • No "makeshift prep" as in fleeing the battle to go collect some stuff either. You must fight.
  • You don't necessarily get the characters' feats, but you get their powersets. For example, Hal Jordan has shown some telepathy with his ring, but he's a unique case and you wouldn't get all his feats as he supposedly has the greatest willpower in the universe. You'd get the standard speed, strength, durability, constructs of a normal lantern, and you can argue that you'd get more based on the character's willpower and/or learning ability.

• Perfect Teamwork

FIGHT!!!!!!!!

#2 Posted by Jkutz (649 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkage: You can start or I can, up to you :)

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
#3 Posted by PreCrisisBardock (8936 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
#4 Posted by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
#5 Posted by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag me for dem votes.

#6 Posted by Jkutz (649 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Hulkage (5383 posts) - - Show Bio

@jkutz: Would you mind starting?

#8 Posted by Jkutz (649 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkage: No problem, I'll get it up when I get home

#9 Posted by Jkutz (649 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkage: Alright, finally got some free time, so let's get this started :D

The Team

Daredevil(Matt Murdock) "The Ultimate Defense"

No Caption Provided

Living in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood of New York City, Matt Murdock is blinded by a radioactive substance that falls from an oncoming vehicle. While he no longer can see, the radioactive exposure heightens his remaining senses beyond normal human ability and gives him a type of sonar which acts as his vision. His father, a boxer named Jack Murdock, supports him as he grows up, though Jack is later killed by gangsters after refusing to throw a fight. After donning a yellow and dark red costume (later all dark red), Matt seeks out revenge against his father's killers as the superhero Daredevil, fighting against his many enemies, including Bullseye and the Kingpin

I assume we know most of what he can do, so I won't bother listing it now(will later is absolutely necessary) however I will explain his important role in the team when I talk about the team strategy(This is what I will do for all 4 of them, but the nicknames I gave them hint at what their integral role is ;) )

The Green Goblin(Norman Osborne) "The Brains"

No Caption Provided

Originally an amoral industrialist head of Oscorp and Harry Osborn's father, he took the Goblin Formula which enhanced his physical abilities and intellect but also drove him to insanity. He adopted a Halloween-themed appearance, dressing in a goblin costume, riding on a bat-shaped "Goblin Glider", and using an arsenal of high-tech weapons, notably grenade-like "Pumpkin Bombs", to terrorize New York City. He is one of Spider-Man's most persistent foes and archenemies, being responsible for numerous tragedies in Spider-Man's life (such as Gwen Stacy's death and the Clone Saga).

(Same as above)

Carnage(Cletus Kasady) "Fearmonger"

No Caption Provided

Cletus Kasady is a psychopath and a homicidal sadist. He is a deeply disturbed individual with a dark past: as a child, he killed his grandmother by pushing her down a flight of stairs, tried to murder his mother by throwing a television into her bathtub, and tortured and killed his mother's dog. After the latter, his mother then tried to kill Cletus, and was apparently beaten to the brink of death by Kasady's father, who received no defense from Kasady during his trial. As an orphan, Kasady was sent to the St. Estes Home for Boys, where his antisocial behavior made him the target of abuse from both the other orphans and the staff. Kasady gained revenge by murdering the disciplinarian administrator, pushing a girl (who laughed at him for asking her to date him) in front of a moving bus, and burning down the orphanage. It was during his brutal years at St. Estes that Kasady acquired his philosophy that life was essentially meaningless and futile, that "laws are only words",[10] and came to see the spreading of chaos through random, unpatterned bloodshed as "the ultimate freedom."

(Same as Above)

Mysterio(Quentin Beck) "The MVP"

No Caption Provided

Quentin Beck was born in Riverside, California. Before becoming Mysterio, Beck was a special-effects wizard who worked for a major studio and had dreams to make a name for himself in the film industry. Beck began his career as a movie stuntman in Hollywood, then became interested in special effects. He became one of the most accomplished special effects designers in the industry, but due to lack of recognition, he wanted to become an actor. However, he lacked the looks and talent to be a star and the patience to be a director, and saw his career in special-effects to be a dead-end job. When a friend of his jokingly suggested that the quickest way to become famous was to take out a costumed hero, Beck realized that his expertise in illusions could make him an effective super-villain. Choosing Spider-Man, then a relatively weak and inexperienced target, Beck prepared his resources for a few months before attempting to eliminate the wall-crawler[1]. Mysterio, his chosen identity, became one of Spider-Man's most elusive and persistent foes.

(Same as Above)

Their Weapon

No Caption Provided

When the Guardians of the Universe discovered that Sinestro, the Green Lantern of Sector 1417, had used his ring to take control of his homeworld of Korugar, the Guardians expelled Sinestro from the Green Lantern Corps and banished him to the planet Qward in the Antimatter Universe. On Qward, Sinestro met the Weaponers of Qward, and told them of the Yellow impurity, how the Green Lantern Rings could not affect anything colored yellow. Having been working on a weapon similar to the power rings for several millennia, the Weaponers of Qward developed the Yellow Power Ring, designed to project yellow energy and and take advantage of the Green Lanterns weakness.

Powers Granted To The Team as a Result of the Ring:

Yellow Energy Conduit: The rings use yellow energy, supplied by a Power Battery, which in most cases takes the form of yellow light. Yellow Power rings, considered by some to be one of the most powerful weapons in the known universe, has the ability to affect and use fundamental forces of the known universe, including electromagnetic energies such as gravity, radiation, heat, light, and powerful blasts of concussive force. It is also theorized that the ring also has a basis in other dimensional energies commonly called magic by users of such energies. The ring can also create fields of force formed from an unknown energy that was bound by the users' will. The limitations of such use are the skill, knowledge and imagination of the user. This gives the team:

Energy Blasts

Instantaneous Force-Field Generation

Energy-Based Constructs

Ability to Instill Fear on Opponents

Phasing

Invisibility/Light Refraction

Energy Absorption

Flight

Cellular Regeneration

Material Alteration

Mind Alteration

The Six Months of Training

3 out of 4 of my characters will be able to use the ring with incredible proficiency at the end of these six months. Let's start with the two technical people: Beck and Osborn.

Beck and Osborn are technological experts, and with proper training with the ring, they will be able to understand how it works with proficiency within six months without a doubt.

The other one is an adept learner: Murdock

Murdock with training will be able to master his ring usage even before the six months is up, due to him being able to learn fighting styles/new techniques with ease, as long as he has a trainer. So I believe that we can safely assume that Murdock will be an adept ring-wielder within those six months.

Kasady is unpredictable, he will likely be able to use it with some proficiency, but will not be able to understand the other intricacies of the ring.

So with all of that out of the way, let's get on to the actual strategy.

Battle Strategy

Each person has an integral part in this, so I'll explain it in four parts.

Let's start with the Bloodlusted Matt Murdock. He's going to be on ultimate defense duty, with his radar sense, he has a unique advantage that most lanterns don't normally have, which is "360 degree sight" in a way. Matt will be able to have "sight" of your team for the entire fight, no matter where they are. Matt will in turn be able to use his ring to accurately pinpoint Naruto and Percy at all times and defend from attacks/attack at the same time. Since he is bloodlusted he will not shy away from the kill.

Next we have Norman Osborn, while admittedly the most "useless" out of the group, he is still incredibly useful. Norman will no doubt have an advanced knowledge of the ring by the time the fight starts, meaning we have an adept lantern here. He'll be able to use the constructs/mind manipulation to his advantage and will be able to fight Naruto and Percy with caution/precision, making sure he keeps his distance while dealing large amounts of damage, as per his usual strategy for spider-man.

3rd we have Carnage, who will undoubtedly be able to cause your team to be fearful. Possessing strength and a berserker nature, he'll undoubtedly run right in to your team throwing all he can and doing as much damage as he can, tying your team up while the team in the back launches attacks.

Last we have out MVP, Quentin Beck. A master of illusions and hypnotism, he will be able to heighten these abilities through the Yellow Ring, effectively raising our advantage(Yellow vs Green Natural Advantage) and decreasing your power. He will also be able to create perfect clones(images) of his team which will be able to distract your team long enough to put your team down.

OK that's enough for this post, will go a lot more detailed in the next one, but this is sufficient for an opener. Your Turn :D

#11 Edited by Hulkage (5383 posts) - - Show Bio

@jkutz:Well I've made both openers for both of these characters so I'll just repost them here then go into depth on my strategy.

Naruto Uzumaki:

Introduction

No Caption Provided

Naruto Uzumaki is the protagonist for the extremely popular series, Naruto. He is a very energetic and boisterous character, often labeled a knucklehead, or Konoha's Number One Hyperactive Knuckle-headed ninja to be exact. Often deemed a failure, Naruto worked hard and trained everyday to become one of the strongest "ninja" (I use the word in the loosest way possible) in his entire verse. Now he has achieved his dreams and has become Konohagakure's 7th Hokage (or the leader of the Hidden Leaf Village for those who don't follow the series). I'm going to touch up on some of his basic techniques, his moveset, and his physical attributes while also convincing you that he can indeed beat Sora. Lets start with his basics in a section I like to call the Naruto Ninja Handbook (I'm going to try to give both names of techniques so people will know terminology).

Naruto's Ninja Handbook

Shadow Clones (Kagebunshin):

No Caption Provided

This is the very first useful technique that Naruto learns. It is actually a forbidden technique created by the 2nd Hokage. This is one of Naruto's go to techniques and he is able to casually spam thousands. Each of his clones evenly divides up his chakra and are able to function independently. However, a common misconception is that his clones have fodder level durability and while that may have been true once upon a time, that is no longer the case.

Transformation (the technique):

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

He is able to transform either himself of his clones into carbon copies of another person or inanimate objects. He utilizes this technique in order to take an opponent by surprise or sneak up on them.

Summoning:

No Caption Provided

Naruto has a contract with the toads of Mount Myokubou, allowing him to summon various ginormous toads that are very adept at combat. They all have their own techniques and unique qualities that make them very useful for battles and add to Naruto's overall versatility. However, when their chakra runs out, they are reverse summoned and disappear from the battlefield completely. Naruto can, however, summon a different toad when that toad's chakra runs out.

Substitution:

No Caption Provided

Naruto can use a technique that basically switches his body with a nearby object for misdirection. The wiki explains it better than me so:

With this technique, users replace their own body with some other object, generally with a block of wood, the moment an attack lands. This creates an optical illusion, making the enemy think the attack was successful. From this, the user can use the lapse in the enemy's attention to attack or flee from the battlefield. Explosive tags can be attached to the replacement for an added surprise. It's a basic ninjutsu even taught at the Academy, but it's a useful art that can be applied in variety of situations, as it allows for a swift getaway from danger. The technique even allows a restrained shinobi to escape capture.[2]

Flight:

No Caption Provided

Its such a shame that some people still don't know that Naruto can fly.

Rasengan:

No Caption Provided

Naruto's signature move, the rasengan. Rasengan is to Naruto what Kamehameha is to Goku or Thunderclap is to Hulk. He has many different variations that vary in power from a building level technique to mountain range level all the way to a rasengan combination that can ravage the planet with its detonation.

It can be used to produce all different types of force/damage.

Concussive force:

No Caption Provided

Cutting/Piercing (on a cellular level):

No Caption Provided

Disintegration:

Loading Video...

Here you can see it eat away at the tree (this is a lesser version during training).

Each different variation brings a different power level and ability to the table, making each one unique. Oh and just in case you were wondering his clones can spam them as well:

No Caption Provided

Tailed Beast Ball (Bijuudama):

No Caption Provided

These are some of Naruto's most powerful attacks. These are attacks that disintegrate on detonation. Weaker ones can easily vaporize mountains:

No Caption Provided

Naruto can casually match six mountain busting bijuudama with just one of his own:

No Caption Provided

FAN CALC ALERT (you don't have to accept it as a feat but its a calc I did a while back just to put it in perspective):

Thats funny because most nukes produce around 2 million tons of force and nukes wouldn't scratch mountains. Even Mount Tam which is a relatively small mountain (about 2500 ft tall, the average height for mountains worldwide is 7,000 feet) was calculated to take around 27 million tons of force to destroy. By doing a simple proportion you see that it would take 75.6 million tons to bust an average 7000 ft mountain. 50 nuclear explosions is around 100 million tons of force, slightly above mountain busting durability. Naruto was able to match the output of 6 mountain busting attacks in a form much weaker than his strongest. 75.6(6)=453.6. Naruto's power output hundreds of chapters ago was able to produce 453.6 million tons of force. That localized explosion is the equivalent of 225 nukes or one casual bijuu bomb at KCM2 or BM without sage chakra infused is 225 times more powerful than a nuclear explosion. So Iron Man surviving the equivalent of 50 nukes is laughable when Naruto was able to spam attacks 9x more powerful than that at a much weaker state.

For those of you scrolling I just calc'd Naruto's bijuu bombs at just KCM at 453.6 Million Tons of TNT or 225x more powerful than your average nuke.

Truth Seeking Balls (Gudoudama):

No Caption Provided

The black orbs and the rods are Naruto's goudoudama. They utilize ying and yang release and are Naruto's most potent hax. They bypass durability and can disintegrate on a subatomic level. They also can be manipulated to create shields that negate all energy attacks (NLF but they were easily durable enough to take the Juubidama or the ultimate tailed beast ball).

Body Flicker (Shunshin):

No Caption Provided

This is the ability for Naruto to use teleportation like speeds by raising his chakra.

Flying Thunder God:

No Caption Provided

Ability to instantaneously teleport anywhere that a tag is placed. Tags can be placed anywhere and never disappear, even if the person dies. They are placed on special kunai (the one that is with Naruto in the beginning picture). The user throws them and can instantly teleport to the location of the kunai.

Transformations:

Sage Mode (SM):

No Caption Provided

When Naruto absorbs enough senjutsu or Nature energy, he turns into a sage. Sage mode gives him heightened speed, reaction, power output, strength, precog, and frog kumite (a technique that allows you to hit an opponent even if they dodge it by utilizing the energy around you).

Kyuubi Cloak Mode (KCM):

No Caption Provided

This mode increases his travel speed, sensing, and overall DC and durability. He can also use his chakra to make constructs (which are mostly just hands, feet, arms, etc...).

Perfect Jinchuuriki Mode/Tailed Beast Mode:

No Caption Provided

Here Naruto can create a giant energy avatar in the shape of a fox with nine tails. This massively hypersonic avatar can physically throw down with Perfect Susanoo (who can destroy over 10 mountains with a single casual sword swing)

KCM2:

No Caption Provided

This is when Naruto befriended Kurama. Basically KCM except with all physicals, energy projection, etc amped. Can also freely utilize PJM/TBM.

Bijuu Mode (BM):

No Caption Provided

He gets another amp across the board when he merges his chakra with Kurama's. Here his chakra is so strong it can be felt two countries away. He is able to evenly disperse his chakra between thousands of shinobi and still has enough to do some high impact moves. He can also send the Kurama avatar away from his actual body to fight independantly. This is the mode in which he survives a moon busting attack.

Bijuu Sage Mode (BSM):

No Caption Provided

His attacks become more potent with senjutsu chakra infused in them and he gets precog added to his Bijuu Mode as well.

Rikudo Sage Mode (RSM):

No Caption Provided

His most powerful transformation. He can use gudoudama and he gets a huge stat boost. His energy projection is also off the charts.

*I added abbreviations so readers would have something to refer to when I'm rambling in my arguments.

Physicals

Strength:

Lifting:

No Caption Provided

Easily a 100 tonner in a vastly inferior sage mode.

Striking:

No Caption Provided

Creates huge shock waves while fighting Kaguya. The shockwaves were ravaging the pocket dimension they were in.

Durability:

Blunt Force:

No Caption Provided

Survives a fall from lower orbit

Piercing/Cutting:

No Caption Provided

He no sells a sword attack from a superhuman character.

Healing Factor:

Naruto healing from attacks mid battle that damaged organs (a lung by the looks of it):

Speed:

Naruto specializes in speed. He is one of the fastest characters in the series.

Travel:

I'll post the video later but its 1:30 in the morning and I don't feel like searching, sue me

Travels two countries in the middle of the SoSP's speech (little over a minute), travels from moon to Earth's outer atmosphere before the tenseigan could detonate and then saved toneri by escaping the blast radius.

Reaction:

No Caption Provided

Dodges a light speed attack and then there's this:

No Caption Provided

The exclamation points probably allude to the use of precog but still a good feat nonetheless.

Percy Jackson

*Due to the length of this post I'm going to copy from my earlier CAV with @arcus for Percy's intro.

Percy Jackson. Seaweed Brain. Best demigod ever. Solo machine. Whatever you decide to call him, it is pretty unanimous that Percy is simply "that guy". He has basically completed every single feat that the demigods of old have, and then some. Whether it be a Hydra, Minotaur, Sirens, Giants, or even Kronos himself, Percy has proven himself to be a worthy opponent, even god-like at times. I could on about his feats for hours (quite literally), but since I have another post I have signed up to entertain you for, I won't overwhelm you all at once. So basically I will be dividing the post up in two categories: Power/Physicals, and Intangibles/Skills/Weaponry. Lets begin @arcus.

Physicals:

Many people don't realize that Percy's physicals are actually quite great. He should be around peak human+ in all honesty.

1. Striking: He doesn't have many striking feats (in the traditional sense), because he is a swordsman, besides, punches don't kill monsters, celestial bronze (or imperial gold) does. This means he has no reason to strike at all, but don't take that as him not having striking power. Physically he has enough striking to exchange blows with monsters, gods, and even titans without much difficulty (often times when he is overwhelmed it is due to superior skill but sometimes it is strength).

2. Strength: Percy even at the age of 11 was incredibly strong. He was able to break the minotaur's horns with his bare hands.

The bull-man wheeled toward him, pawed the ground again, and got ready to charge. I thought about how he had squeezed the life out of my mother, made her disappear in a flash of light, and rage filled me like high-octane fuel. I got both hands around one horn and I pulled backward with all my might. The monster tensed, gave a surprised grunt, then— snap!

Now I think that is amazing and you might not think so, but my job is to convince you on how amazing it is. First of all human bones are some of the strongest materials found in nature. It is four times stronger that steel and five times stronger than concrete. One cubic inch of bone is enough to support over 14000 lbs of force. "If thats true then why do they break so easily?" Well for one, most bones arent an inch thick, they are hollow with different tissues and fluids flowing through them, which is why you get swelling when you break one. Even so, your ribs are some of your weaker bones. Most professional boxers punch on an average of 5000 newtons of force, roughly half a ton, and even then, there is only a 25% chance that even a fracture would occur and only a 6% chance for the Femur, much less a clean break. And that is striking strength (easier to punch steel and get a dent than to bend it) on the weaker bones of the body. Bones that aren't completely within the body are much stronger than the ones on the inside, kinda like how teeth are the strongest bones of the body. Bighord Sheep, aka rams, who have the same horns as the minotaur, have much denser bones than humans. The scarier part is that the weight of both of their horns combined, 60 pounds, is the equivalent to the weight of all of its other bones combined. Ram horns are hollow, but their sides are on average over an inch thick. Like i said earlier Ram horns are denser but I couldn't find how much denser online, so I'll simply lowball and use human bone specifics. One cubic inch can support over 14000 lbs and the base is an average 8 inches in diameter. So lets do some math.

3.14r^2=area of a circle

3.14(4)^2=

3.14(16)=

=50.24 sq in, but the horns are hollow with walls about an inch thick so I have to find the area of a 6 inch circle ( one inch thick on each side so 8-2=6 and subtract it

just incase you were wondering

No Caption Provided

3.14r^2=area of a circle

3.14(3)^2=

3.14(9)=

=28.26 inches squared

• 50.24 inches squared
  • -28.26 inches squared
  • 21.98 inches squared

About one cubic inch of bone can support a little over 14,000 lbs. But I have to convert that to square inches because he broke it and the break wasn't three dimensional it was two dimensional. One cubic inch thats 1x1x1, cant use this so I have to convert to centimeters squared. So 2.54 x 2.54 x 2.54.

14000/2.54= 5511.811024= 5511.8 lbs of force per square inch.

Are you still with me? Hopefully so. Now i multiply the square inches of the horn's bone by the amount of force per square inch it is required to break it.

21.98(5511.8)=121149.364 lbs of force

The Ram's horn was able to withstand about 120,000 lbs of force, or about 60 tons. Percy broke it meaning he was exerting at least 60 tons of force which would be required in order to break it. He did this at the age of 12 and a half. By the time he had turned 13 he was doing this.

Then Artemis slipped out from under the burden, and I held it alone.

Afterward, I tried many times to explain what it felt like. I couldn’t.

Every muscle in my body turned to fire. My bones felt like they were melting. I wanted to scream, but I didn’t have the strength to open my mouth. I began to sink, lower and lower to the ground, the sky’s weight crushing me.

Fight back! Grover’s voice said inside my head. Don’t give up.

I concentrated on breathing. If I could just keep the sky aloft a few more seconds. I thought about Bianca, who had given her life so we could get here. If she could do that, I could hold the sky.

My vision turned fuzzy. Everything was tinged with red. I caught glimpses of the battle, but I wasn’t sure if I was seeing clearly. There was Atlas in full battle armor, jabbing with his javelin, laughing insanely as he fought. And Artemis, a blur of silver. She had two wicked hunting knives, each as long as her arm, and she slashed wildly at the Titan, dodging and leaping with unbelievable grace. She seemed to change form as she maneuvered. She was a tiger, a gazelle, a bear, a falcon. Or perhaps that was just my fevered brain. Zoe shot arrows at her father, aiming for the chinks in his armor. He roared in pain each time one found its mark, but they affected him like bee stings. He just got madder and kept fighting.

Thalia and Luke went spear on sword, lightning still flashing around them. Thalia pressed Luke back with the aura of her shield. Even he was not immune to it.

He retreated, wincing and growling in frustration.

“Yield!” Thalia yelled. “You never could beat me, Luke.”

He bared his teeth. “Well see, my old friend.”

Sweat poured down my face. My hands were slippery. My shoulders would’ve screamed with agony if they could. I felt like the vertebrae in my spine were being welded together by a blowtorch.

"Wait, how much weight was the sky?"

Atlas laughed. “How little you understand, young one. This is the point where the sky and the earth first met, where Ouranos and Gaia first brought forth their mighty children, the Titans. The sky still yearns to embrace the earth. Someone must hold it at bay, or else it would crush down upon this place, instantly flattening the mountain and everything within a hundred leagues.

I calc'd it in a thread a few months ago and I honestly don't feel like doing it again, sorry for the laziness. But it can be found on the demigods vs avatars thread.

Then there is the instance where he flipped Porphyrion by thrusting his spear into the ground.

Percy had no weapon – perhaps his sword had been confiscated or lost in the fighting – but he didn’t let that stop him. As the giant king ran towards Piper, Percy grabbed the tip of Porphyrion’s spear and forced it down into the ground, lifted him off his feet in an unintentional pole-vault manoeuvre and he flipped over onto his back.

These prove that he has above peak human strength in not only his arms but his legs as well:

Percy leaped onto the wall and raised Riptide.

This is that same wall.

The cannon exploded in a starburst of blue, green, and white. Defenders screamed as a watery shock wave flattened them against the battlements. Kids toppled over the walls but were snatched by giant eagles and carried to safety. Then the entire eastern wall shuddered as the explosion backed up through the pipelines. One after another, the water cannons on the battlements exploded. The scorpions’ fires were doused. Defenders scattered in confusion or were tossed through the air, giving the rescue eagles quite a workout. At the main gates, the Fifth Cohort forgot about their formation. Mystified, they lowered their shields and stared at the chaos.

Frank shot his arrow. It streaked upward, carrying its glittering rope. When it reached the top, the metal point fractured into a dozen lines that lashed out and wrapped around anything they could find—parts of the wall, a scorpion, a broken water cannon, and a couple of defending campers, who yelped and found themselves slammed against the battlements as anchors. From the main rope, handholds extended at two-foot intervals, making a ladder.

“Go!” Frank said.

Percy grinned. “You first, Frank. This is your party.”

The same wall that kids were falling off and getting caught by giant eagles and had to be climbed on with a latter by Frank, Percy leapt on. Later on in the fight....

Octavian screamed in a shrill voice—maybe ordering the First Cohort to stand their ground, maybe trying to sing soprano—but Percy put a stop to it. He somer saulted over a line of shields and slammed the butt of of his sword into Octavian’s helmet. The centurion collapsed like a sock puppet.

He was able to somersault completely over a whole line of shields held by roman legionnares. Percy "Steve Rodgers" Jackson, anyone?

This shows that his strength is more than enough to keep up with Scarab.

3. Speed: Most of his speed feats come with the Curse of Achilles (which I'm going to cover later on) but he was sufficient enough to keep up with Ares at the age of 12, keep up with Luke, son of Hermes, the fastest god. Luke was so quick that he and Thalia created electricity when they fought (this had nothing to do with her powers because the book said their swordfighting created it as they fought like demons).

Thalia went straight for Luke. The power of her shield was so great that his dragon-women bodyguards fled in a panic, dropping the golden coffin and leaving him alone. But despite his sickly appearance, Luke was still quick with his sword. He snarled like a wild animal and counterattacked. When his sword, Backbiter, met Thalia’s shield, a ball of lightning erupted between them, frying the air with yellow tendrils of power.

He was able to react to Thorn the Manticore's spikes which moved as quick as the Hunters arrows. He was even able to react to bullets.

This next section is completely credited to @jmarshmallow

Here's a couple of excerpts displaying his speed:

I rolled as another dodgeball whistled past my ear at the speed of sound.

Sea of Monsters

Dodged a supersonic dodgeball.

Laistrygonian archers assembled on the deck above us, notching arrows in their enormous bows.
"How do you launch this thing?" screamed Annabeth.
A hellhound leaped at me, but Tyson slammed it aside with a fire extinguisher.
"Get in!" I yelled. I uncapped Riptide and slashed the first volley of arrows out of the air.Sea of Monsters

Percy's reflexes are fast enough draw his sword and cut arrows out of the air before they reach him and his friends.

Polyphemus swung the tree again, but this time I was ready. I grabbed a branch as it passed, ignoring the pain in my hands as I was jerked skyward, and let the Cyclops lift me into the air. At the top of the arc I let go and fell straight against the giant's face-landing with both feet on his already damaged eye.

Sea of Monsters

Percy is able to easily, albeit painfully, grab a branch of a tree that is being swung by the enormous and superhumanly strong Cyclops Polyphemus and use it to propel him into the air and time it (and maneuver enough) so that he can target the Cyclops' weak point.

And I charged.
The first skeleton fired. Time slowed down. I won't say I could see the bullet, but I could feel its path, the same way I felt water currents in the ocean. I deflected it off the edge of my blade and kept charging.Titan's Curse

Deflecting bullets, and saying that he can feel their path, so it's not aim-dodging at all.

Phobos was grinning at me from the top of a World War II Panzer.

"Say cheese!" he said.

I rolled to one side as the gun fired.

KA-BOOOOOM! A souvenir kiosk exploded, sending fuzzy animals and plastic cups and disposable cameras in every direction.

Demigod Files

Dodging a "World War II Panzer" with relative ease, although it could be seen as Aim-dodging.

Even weakened and just out of the pit, this guy was fast. He moved like a tornado, slashing so quickly I barely had time to dodge the strike before his spear impaled the rock where I'd been standing.

Demigod Files

Percy, despite being poisoned and on the verge of death, plus just lifting "tons of water" i.e. the River Lethe, Percy is able to match Iapetus' speed. Iapetus is a Titan, who moves "like a tornado."

[Geryon] picked up two carving knives and threw them at me. I deflected one with my sword.

Battle of the Labyrinth

Easily able to deflect a throwing knife at close range.

4. Durability: Percy can take a beating, even without the curse. He gets smacked around quite a bit actually with little to no affect.

Example A:

I knew what she was warning me about. Chiron had told me long ago: Immortals are constrained by ancient rules. But a hero can go anywhere, challenge anyone, as long as he has the nerve. Once I attacked, however, Atlas was free to attack back directly, with all his might.

I swung my sword, and Atlas knocked me aside with the shaft of his javelin. I flew through the air and slammed into a black wall. It wasn’t Mist anymore. The palace was rising, brick by brick. It was becoming real.

Getting smacked by the physically strongest Titan and getting right back up.

Example B:

I felt something burning against the side of my leg. The ice whistle in my pocket was getting colder. If I ever needed help, now was the time. But I hesitated. I didn’t trust Quintus’s gift.

Before I could make up my mind, the tallest telekhine said, “Let us see how strong he is. Let us see how long it takes him to burn!”

He scooped some lava out of the nearest furnace. It set his fingers ablaze, but this didn’t seem to bother him at all. The other elder telekhines did the same. The first one threw a glop of molten rock at me and set my pants on fire. Two more splattered across my chest. I dropped my sword in sheer terror and swatted at my clothes. Fire was engulfing me. Strangely, it felt only warm at first, but it was getting hotter by the instant.

“Your father’s nature protects you,” one said. “Makes you hard to burn.

But not impossible, youngling. Not impossible.”

They threw more lava at me, and I remember screaming. My whole body was on fire. The pain was worse than anything I’d ever felt. I was being consumed. I crumpled to the metal floor and heard the sea demon children howling in delight.

Then I remembered the voice of the river naiad at the ranch: The water is within me.

I needed the sea. I felt a tugging sensation in my gut, but I had nothing around to help me. Not a faucet or a river. Not even a petrified seashell this time. And besides, the last time I’d unleashed my power at the stables, there’d been that scary moment when it had almost gotten away from me.

I had no choice. I called to the sea. I reached inside myself and remembered the waves and the currents, the endless power of the ocean.

And I let it loose in one horrible scream.

Afterward, I could never describe what happened. An explosion, a tidal wave, a whirlwind of power simultaneously catching me up and blasting me downward into the lava. Fire and water collided, superheated steam, and I shot upward from the heart of the volcano in a huge explosion, just one piece of flotsam thrown free by a million pounds of pressure. The last thing I remember before losing conscious was flying, flying so high Zeus would never have forgiven me, and then beginning to fall, smoke and fire and water streaming from me. I was a comet hurtling toward the earth.

Here he is durable enough to resist lava straight on and was plunged into it, able to survive one million pounds of pressure, and able to survive an explosion.

Example C:

Forty feet away, Percy bent over the giant king, trying to yank a sword from the braids of his hair. But Porphyrion wasn’t as stunned as he let on.

‘Fools!’ Porphyrion backhanded Percy like a pesky fly. The son of Poseidon flew into a column with a sickening crunch.

Getting smacked by the king of the giants almost forty feet.

These show that time and time again Percy is able to take a beating and all of these points should prove that Percy is more than a match for him physically.

Powerset:

Water Manipulation: This shouldn't require any scenes as its common knowledge that he has a mastery over any forms of water that can only be negated by a being more powerful than himself. Can manipulate water in all forms and has been shown manipulating steam, and even snow. He can breath underwater and doesn't even get wet unless he wants to. He can manipulate the air molecules underwater to allow his friends to submerge. He can even create constructs and change the density of it to make it hard enough to walk on or soft enough to allow him to fall hundreds of feet into a body of water.

In the House of Hades he even showed the ability to manipulate poison just because it flows like water, insinuating that he can not only manipulate water, but liquid in general.

Water Amp: When Percy is able to reach a body of water he can double his strength, speed, durability, etc. This is evident when he falls in a creek and solos a group of Ares campers untrained or when he simply douses his face with water from a cup and is able to defeat Luke in a sword fight.

The mention of Ares sent a jolt through me. I shook off my daze and charged again. If I could get to that pool of water, I could double my strength.

However, if he can get in contact with salt water, his powers can rival a god's. When he was untrained and still 12 years old, he was able to get the upperhand on Ares of all people. He has moved hundreds of feet in mere seconds in the water and has created tidal waves.

Water Genesis: As shown in the durability scene i presented earlier, he has the ability to create water out of his own will power.

Storms: He has created his own personal Hurricane multiple times, powerful enough to overcome Hyperion and thousands of undead legion soldiers. He has created funnels (water tornadoes), strong winds, and rain. One of his storms even produced lightning and lightning tendrils.

Earthquakes:

Hephaestus studied me skeptically. He fished something out of his pocket—a metal disk the size of an iPod. He clicked a button and it expanded into a miniature bronze TV. On the screen was news footage of Mount St. Helens, a huge plume of fire and ash trailing into the sky.

“Still uncertain about further eruptions,” the newscaster was saying.

“Authorities have ordered the evacuation of almost half a million people as a precaution. Meanwhile, ash has fallen as far away as Lake Tahoe and Vancouver, and the entire Mount St. Helens area is closed to traffic within a hundred-mile radius.

While no deaths have been reported, minor injuries and illnesses include—” Hephaestus switched it off. “You caused quite an explosion.” I stared at the blank bronze screen. Half a million people evacuated?

Injuries. Illness. What had I done?

“The telekhines were scattered,” the god told me. “Some vaporized. Some got away, no doubt. I don’t think they’ll be using my forge any time soon.

On the other hand, neither will I. the explosion caused Typhon to stir in his sleep. We’ll have to wait and see—”

“I couldn’t release him, could I? I mean, I’m not that powerful!”

The god grunted. “Not that powerful, eh? Could have fooled me. You’re the son of the Earthshaker, lad. You don’t know your own strength.”

nuff said.

Curse of Achilles:

The curse of Achilles gives complete invulnerability in any spot other than the proverbial "Achilles Heel", which is located....(you didn't think I would actually tell you did you. It also enhances strength, perception speed, reaction speed, combat speed, and stamina. Here are just a few feats of him and his curse.

Mrs. O’Leary growled and got ready to pounce. Maybe that’s what set me off. I didn’t want them hurting my dog. Plus, I was tired of Hades being a big bully. If I was going to die, I might as well go down fighting.

I yelled, and the River Styx exploded. A black tidal wave smashed into the legionnaires. Spears and shields flew everywhere. Roman zombies began to dissolve, smoke coming off their bronze helmets.

The redcoats lowered their bayonets, but I didn’t wait for them. I charged.

It was the stupidest thing I’ve ever done. A hundred muskets fired at me, point blank. All of them missed. I crashed into their line and started hacking with Riptide.

Bayonets jabbed. Swords slashed.

Guns reloaded and fired. Nothing touched me.

I whirled through the ranks, slashing redcoats to dust, one after the other. My mind went on autopilot: stab, dodge, cut, deflect, roll.

Riptide was no longer a sword. It was an arc of pure destruction.

I broke through the enemy line and leaped into the black chariot.

Hades raised his staff. A bolt of dark energy shot toward me, but I deflected it off my blade and slammed into him. The god and I both tumbled out of the chariot.

The next thing I knew, my knee was planted on Hades’s chest. I was holding the collar of his royal robes in one fist, and the tip of my sword was poised right over his face.

Silence. The army did nothing to defend their master. I glanced back and realized why. There was nothing left of them but weapons in the sand and piles of smoking, empty uniforms. I had destroyed them all.

Here he basically blitzes an army, dodges multidirectional bullets, and has quick enough reaction to deflect a bolt of energy sent by Hades, midair.

He pounded his fist into the hood of a Lexus, and it crumpled like aluminum foil.

A few dracaenae threw flaming javelins at me. I knocked them aside. A hellhound lunged, and I sidestepped. I could have stabbed it, but I hesitated.

This is not Mrs. O’Leary, I reminded myself. This is an untamed monster. It will kill me and all my friends.

It pounced again. This time I brought Riptide up in a deadly arc. The hellhound disintegrated into dust and fur.

More monsters surged forward-snakes and giants and telkhines-but the

Minotaur roared at them, and they backed off

“One on one?” I called. “Just like old times?”

The Minotaur’s nostrils quivered. He seriously needed to keep a pack of Aloe Vera Kleenex in his armor pocket, because that nose was wet and red and pretty gross. He unstrapped his axe and swung it around.

It was beautiful in a harsh I’m~going~to-gut~you~like~a~fish kind of way. Each of its twin blades was shaped like an omega: Ω-the last letter of the Greek alphabet. Maybe that was because the axe would be the last thing his victims ever saw. The shaft was about the same height as the Minotaur, bronze wrapped in leather. Tied around the base of each blade were lots of bead necklaces. I realized they were Camp Half-Blood beads-necklaces taken from defeated demigods.

I was so mad, I imagined my eyes glowing just like the Minotaur’s. I raised my sword. The monster army cheered for the Minotaur, but the sound died when I dodged his first swing and sliced his axe in half, right between the handholds.

“Moo?” he grunted.

“HAAA!” I spun and kicked him in the snout. He staggered backward, trying to regain his footing, then lowered his head to charge.

He never got the chance. My sword flashed-slicing off one horn, then the other. He tried to grab me. I rolled away, picking up half of his broken axe. The other monsters backed up in stunned silence, making a circle around us. The Minotaur bellowed in rage. He was never very smart to begin with, but now his anger made him reckless. He charged me, and I ran for the edge of the bridge, breaking through a line of dracaenae.

The Minotaur must’ve smelled victory. He thought I was trying to get away. His minions cheered. At the edge of the bridge, I turned and braced the axe against the railing to receive his charge. The Minotaur didn’t even slow down.

CRUNCH.

He looked down in surprise at the axe handle sprouting from his breastplate.

“Thanks for playing,” I told him.

I lifted him by his legs and tossed him over the side of the bridge.

Even as he fell, he was disintegrating, turning back into dust, his essence returning to Tartarus.

I turned toward his army. It was now roughly one hundred and ninety-nine to one. I did the natural thing. I charged them.

You’re going to ask how the “invincible” thing worked: if I magically dodged every weapon, or if the weapons hit me and just didn’t harm me. Honestly, I don’t remember. All I knew was that I wasn’t going to let these monsters invade my hometown.

I sliced through armor like it was made of paper. Snake women exploded. Hellhounds melted to shadow. I slashed and stabbed and whirled, and I might have even laughed once or twice-a crazy laugh that scared me as much as it did my enemies. I was aware of the Apollo campers behind me shooting arrows, disrupting every attempt by the enemy to rally. Finally, the monsters turned and fled-about twenty left alive out of two hundred.

Humiliates the minotaur then effortlessly lifts him up and throws him off of the bridge. Kills about 180 monsters. Wasn't injured at all, in fact he says that it was a possibility that he dodged every blow. Crazy reaction time.

I met his first strike with Riptide. The impact shook the entire bridge, but I held my ground. Kronos’s smile wavered.

With a yell, I kicked his legs out from under him. His scythe skittered across the pavement. I stabbed downward, but he rolled aside and regained his footing. His scythe flew back to his hands.

“So . . .” He studied me, looking mildly annoyed. “You had the courage to visit the Styx. I had to pressure Luke in many ways to convince him. If only you had supplied my host body instead . . . But no matter. I am still more powerful. I am a TITAN.”

He struck the bridge with the butt of his scythe, and a wave of pure force blasted me backward. Cars went careening. Demigods-even Luke’s own men-were blown off the edge of the bridge. Suspension cords whipped around, and I skidded halfway back to Manhattan.

I got unsteadily to my feet. The remaining Apollo campers had almost made it to the end of the bridge, except for Michael Yew, who was perched on one of the suspension cables a few yards away from me, His last arrow was notched in his bow.

“Michael, go!” I screamed.

“Percy, the bridge!” he called. “It’s already weak!”

At first I didn’t understand. Then I looked down and saw fissures in the pavement. Patches of the road were half melted from Greek fire.

The bridge had taken a beating from Kronos’s blast and the exploding arrows.

“Break it!” Michael yelled. “Use your powers!”

It was a desperate thought-no way it would work- but I stabbed Riptide into the bridge. The magic blade sank to its hilt m asphalt.

Salt water shot from the crack like I’d hit a geyser. I pulled out my blade and the fissure grew. The bridge shook and began to crumble.

Chunks the size of houses fell into the East River. Kronos’s demigods cried out in alarm and scrambled backward. Some were knocked off their feet. Within a few seconds, a fifty-foot chasm opened in the Williamsburg Bridge between Kronos and me.

Matches Kronos blow for blow with strength that made the whole bridge shake with every blow, he even gets the upperhand. Then he generates water and uses it to create a 50 foot fissure. (Theres another geokinetic feat you asked for)

The enemy slogged forward. Giants smashed through the trees, and naiads faded as their life sources were destroyed. Hellhounds lunged at the timber wolves, knocking them aside. Enemy archers returned fire, and a Hunter fell from a high branch.

“Percy!” Annabeth grabbed my arm and pointed at the reservoir. The Titan in the gold armor wasn’t waiting for his forces to advance around the sides. He was charging toward us, walking straight over the top of the lake.

A Greek firebomb exploded right on top of him, but he raised his palm and sucked the flames out of the air.

“Hyperion,” Annabeth said in awe. “The lord of light. Titan of the east.”

“Bad?” I guessed.

“Next to Atlas, he’s the greatest Titan warrior. In the old days, four Titans controlled the four corners of the world. Hyperion was the east-the most powerful.

He was the father of Helios, the first sun god.”

“I’ll keep him busy,” I promised.

“Percy, even you can’t-”

“Just keep our forces together.”

We’d set up at the reservoir for good reason. I concentrated on the water and felt its power surging through me.

I advanced toward Hyperion, running over the top of the water.

Yeah, buddy. Two can play that game.

Twenty feet away, Hyperion raised his sword. His eyes were just like I’d seen in my dream-as gold as Kronos’s but brighter, like miniature suns.

“The sea god’s brat,” he mused. “You’re the one who trapped Atlas beneath the sky again?”

“It wasn’t hard,” I said. “You Titans are about as bright as my gym socks.”

Hyperion snarled. “You want bright?”

His body ignited in a column of light and heat. I looked away, but I was still blinded.

Instinctively I raised Riptide-just in time. Hyperion’s blade slammed against mine. The shock wave sent a ten-foot ring of water across the surface of the lake.

My eyes still burned. I had to shut off his light.

I concentrated on the tidal wave and forced it to reverse. Just before impact, I jumped upward on a jet of water.

“AHHHHH!” The waves smashed into Hyperion and he went under, his light extinguished.

I landed on the lake’s surface just as Hyperion struggled to his feet.

His golden armor was dripping wet. His eyes no longer blazed, but they still looked murderous.

“You will burn, Jackson!” he roared.

Our swords met again and the air charged with ozone.

The battle still raged around us. On the right flank, Annabeth was leading an assault with her siblings. On the left flank, Grover and his nature spirits were regrouping, entangling the enemies with bushes and weeds.

“Enough games,” Hyperion told me. “We fight on land.”

I was about to make some clever comment, like “No,” when the Titan yelled. A wall of force slammed me through the air-just like the trick Kronos had pulled on the bridge. I sailed backward about three hundred yards and smashed into the ground. If it hadn’t been for my new invulnerability, I would’ve broken every bone in my body.

I got to my feet, groaning. “I really hate it when you Titans do that.”

Hyperion closed on me with blinding speed.

I concentrated on the water, drawing strength from it.

Hyperion attacked. He was powerful and fast, but he couldn’t seem to land a blow. The ground around his feet kept erupting in flames, but I kept dousing it just as quickly.

“Stop it!” the Titan roared. “Stop that wind!”

I wasn’t sure what he meant. I was too busy fighting.

Hyperion stumbled like he was being pushed away. Water sprayed his face, stinging his eyes. The wind picked up, and Hyperion staggered backward.

“Percy!” Grover called in amazement. “How are you doing that?”

Doing what? I thought.

Then I looked down, and I realized I was standing in the middle of my own personal hurricane. Clouds of water vapor swirled around me, winds so powerful they buffeted Hyperion and flattened the grass in a twenty-yard radius. Enemy warriors threw javelins at me, but the storm knocked them aside.

“Sweet,” I muttered. “But a little more!”

Lightning flickered around me. The clouds darkened and the rain swirled faster. I closed in on Hyperion and blew him off his feet.

“Percy!” Grover called again. “Bring him over here!”

I slashed and jabbed, letting my reflexes take over, Hyperion could barely defend himself. His eyes kept trying to ignite, but the hurricane quenched his flames.

I couldn’t keep up a storm like this forever, though. I could feel my powers weakening. With one last effort, I propelled Hyperion across the field, straight to where Grover was waiting.

“I will not be toyed with!” Hyperion bellowed.

He managed to get to his feet again, but Grover put his reed pipes to his lips and began to play. Leneus joined him. Around the grove, every satyr took up the song-an eerie melody, like a creek flowing over stones. The ground erupted at Hyperion’s feet. Gnarled roots wrapped around his legs.

This one fight explains so much. First of all Percy completely solo'd the second strongest titan and was physically superior to him. He also has that light speed reaction feat that I bolded. "That's preposterous, nobody else has shown light speed time so why should Percy?" Yeah, they have. Hyperion was light speed (because he was light). Oh and Percy was able to keep up with Blackjack, who has a lightspeed feat of his own(not my fault talk to Riordan):

“Percy, don’t,” Annabeth groaned. Her shirt was soaked with blood. I had to get her out of here.

“Blackjack!” I yelled.

As fast as light, the pegasus swooped down and clamped his teeth on the straps of Annabeth’s armor. They soared away over the river before the enemy could even react.

I know this seems crazy but this really happened (The Last Olympian, Chapter 11, Page 187-188(well at least in the ebook I'm using, the page varies with different copies)) Here, Blackjack moves "as fast as light" and clearly makes it across the river before the army could even react. But we know that Percy was quick enough to perceive him obviously since this book is written in first person. And we also see Percy overwhelming and moving quicker than the Titan of Light could react.

Also in the Hyperion fight, we see Percy get blasted a couple hundred yards and land on his back, the same place where his curse weak spot is located. This proves that blunt force damage won't work on his mark, it has to be piercing damage (which Green Beetle has but it's just interesting information).

Oh and I just gave this guy a green lantern ring...

6 Months Training

During this training there will be an emphasis on Teamwork, but let me start by outright saying this. Percy is going to be a handful but here is absolutely nothing that you can do about Naruto.

You see Naruto is already an expert lantern. You just don't know it yet.

Here is the expert lantern powerset list:

• Energy Projection
  • Energy Constructs
  • Pocket Dimensional BFR
  • Sheilds
  • Phasing
  • Flight
  • Energy Absorption
  • Regeneration
  • Energy Twins
  • Electromagnetic Scanning
  • Time Travel

The ones in bold and underlined are the ones that Naruto already possesses so now his abilities with the ring should already be superior to any regular lantern seeing as they are his own abilities just extremely amped now.

Not to mention the plethora of abilities I have posted inside of his opener. Naruto's versatility alone should be able to solo your team. But its not enough that you are going up against a high end lantern, you are going up agianst the greatest lantern of all time, better that Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, etc. Why is that? This is because by the time that this 6 month period is over, Naruto will have the experiance of at least 100 years under his belt. Allow me to explain, or better yet, lets let Kakashi-sensei do the talking:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

You see, in one week, Naruto would have almost 20 years of experience. This means that in 6 months, approximately 26 weeks, Naruto would have 5200 years of experience with his Green Lantern ring. This makes him one of the most capable lanterns we have ever seen, if not the absolute best. He would easily know every little secret there is to the ring. This means all of the abilities that weren't emboldened and underlined will most definitely be, and then some.

Willpower

Percy Jackson:

Then Artemis slipped out from under the burden, and I held it alone.

Afterward, I tried many times to explain what it felt like. I couldn’t.

Every muscle in my body turned to fire. My bones felt like they were melting. I wanted to scream, but I didn’t have the strength to open my mouth. I began to sink, lower and lower to the ground, the sky’s weight crushing me.

Fight back! Grover’s voice said inside my head. Don’t give up.

I concentrated on breathing. If I could just keep the sky aloft a few more seconds. I thought about Bianca, who had given her life so we could get here. If she could do that, I could hold the sky.

My vision turned fuzzy. Everything was tinged with red. I caught glimpses of the battle, but I wasn’t sure if I was seeing clearly. There was Atlas in full battle armor, jabbing with his javelin, laughing insanely as he fought. And Artemis, a blur of silver. She had two wicked hunting knives, each as long as her arm, and she slashed wildly at the Titan, dodging and leaping with unbelievable grace. She seemed to change form as she maneuvered. She was a tiger, a gazelle, a bear, a falcon. Or perhaps that was just my fevered brain. Zoe shot arrows at her father, aiming for the chinks in his armor. He roared in pain each time one found its mark, but they affected him like bee stings. He just got madder and kept fighting.

Thalia and Luke went spear on sword, lightning still flashing around them. Thalia pressed Luke back with the aura of her shield. Even he was not immune to it.

He retreated, wincing and growling in frustration.

“Yield!” Thalia yelled. “You never could beat me, Luke.”

He bared his teeth. “Well see, my old friend.”

Sweat poured down my face. My hands were slippery. My shoulders would’ve screamed with agony if they could. I felt like the vertebrae in my spine were being welded together by a blowtorch.

He shoulders the weight of the entire sky through physical strength and sheer willpower.

Naruto:

His willpower is so strong that its stated to act independantly of Naruto entirely. Meaning it is so potent that it has a mind of its own. It has even brought his friends back from the brink of death:

Now do you see why I chose these two as my green lanterns?

Giving these two power rings was the worst thing that anybody could ever do and I will prove why. Oh and by the way, my team curbstomps yours and I challenge you to prove me wrong.