Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Introduction

Did you ever feel like certain characters would be simply perfect with a specific Lantern Ring? Did you ever feel that the character would be unstoppable, and you could defend them to hell and back? Well, you can't, because you didn't sign up for my tournament, but you do get to watch the people who did!

Teams

No Caption Provided

@nimamindtricks:

• Nightshade
  • Composite Mandarin
  • Dr. Doom
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@jdalsim:

• Gol D Roger

Rules

• our character has to actually be compatible with the ring.
  • No losing the ring. If you lose the ring, you die and can't be resurrected. Your opponent cannot take away your ring.
  • Morals can be altered depending on the ring and nothing else.Nerfing will be considered. Ask me.
    • All Black, Red, Orange, and Yellow Lanterns will have no morals. So if I make Superman a Black Lantern (not that I could) he would have no morals.
    • All Violet, Indigo, Blue, and Green Lanterns will have the same morals as they normally do.
  • I will participate.
  • You get 6 months of training with your ring. This is NOT prep and cannot be used to do anything other than train.
  • No "makeshift prep" as in fleeing the battle to go collect some stuff either. You must fight.
  • You don't necessarily get the characters' feats, but you get their powersets. For example, Hal Jordan has shown some telepathy with his ring, but he's a unique case and you wouldn't get all his feats as he supposedly has the greatest willpower in the universe. You'd get the standard speed, strength, durability, constructs of a normal lantern, and you can argue that you'd get more based on the character's willpower and/or learning ability.

• Perfect Teamwork

FIGHT!!!!!!!!

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V. any team where doom has a power ring is scary. Glad two of the stronger teams fight each other.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Introductions: The Team!

Dr. Doom - The Leader/The Brains

No Caption Provided

Arguably the smartest person on Marvel's earth (sorry Reed), Victor von Doom is the monarch of Latveria and has even ruled the world a couple times. The man is a genius in both the fields of technology and in the mystical arts, mastering whatever it is that he decides to put his brilliant mind to. His willpower, respect, and dominance has been well noted across the world and even the universe. Despite being a villain, his motivations are pure and ultimately not based in evil.

Since many of his abilities are vast in nature due to his knowledge in both technology and magic, I won't list them here.

The Mandarin - Offensive/Leadership Support

No Caption Provided

Terrorst, leader, businessman, martial artist...call him what you will, but he is The Mandarin! Iron Man's most iconic, this man is very familiar with controlling and using the powers of foreign, unearthly rings to get the job done.

Here is a basic idea of what his Mandarin Rings can due:

No Caption Provided

Nightshade - Fear Queen/The Wildcard

No Caption Provided

Eve Eden aka Nightshade, is the master of the Nightshade dimension, which gives her extremely versatile darkness manipulation. She was the field leader of the first Suicide Squad, and would later go on to join Shadowpact. Think of her as a mid-tier version of The Shade.

Due to her ability to expose and torture others with their nightmares and phobias, she is the perfect candidate to wear a Yellow Power Ring!

Powers & Abilities

• Teleportation (local, inter-dimensional, universal, etc.)
  • Portal Creation
  • Shadow Constructs
  • Nightmare "Telepathy"
  • Phobia Exposure
  • Magical Darkness
  • Intangibility
  • Proficient Hand to Hand Combatant

Their Weapon (Yellow Power Ring)

No Caption Provided

When the Guardians of the Universe discovered that Sinestro, the Green Lantern of Sector 1417, had used his ring to take control of his homeworld of Korugar, the Guardians expelled Sinestro from the Green Lantern Corps and banished him to the planet Qward in the Antimatter Universe. On Qward, Sinestro met the Weaponers of Qward, and told them of the Yellow impurity, how the Green Lantern Rings could not affect anything colored yellow. Having been working on a weapon similar to the power rings for several millennia, the Weaponers of Qward developed the Yellow Power Ring, designed to project yellow energy and and take advantage of the Green Lanterns weakness.

Powers Granted To The Team as a Result of the Ring:

Yellow Energy Conduit: The rings use yellow energy, supplied by a Power Battery, which in most cases takes the form of yellow light. Yellow Power rings, considered by some to be one of the most powerful weapons in the known universe, has the ability to affect and use fundamental forces of the known universe, including electromagnetic energies such as gravity, radiation, heat, light, and powerful blasts of concussive force. It is also theorized that the ring also has a basis in other dimensional energies commonly called magic by users of such energies. The ring can also create fields of force formed from an unknown energy that was bound by the users' will. The limitations of such use are the skill, knowledge and imagination of the user. This gives the team:

• Energy Blasts
  • Instantaneous Force-Field Generation
  • Energy-Based Constructs
  • Ability to Instill Fear on Opponents
  • Phasing
  • Invisibility/Light Refraction
  • Energy Absorption
  • Flight
  • Cellular Regeneration
  • Material Alteration
  • Mind Alteration

6 Months of Training

My teams 6 months of training will take place in Doom's Castle in Latveria. Dr. Doom and Mandarin are both brutal and brilliant tacticians with supreme intellects. Much of their leadership and respect is based on fear and intimidation, so the Yellow Power Ring can adhere to such emotions and influence quite nicely. They both have experience becoming experts in using advanced and other-worldly tech. I do not see them having any issue understanding and mastering the use of the Yellow Power Rings. Doom will combine and enhance the powers of his standard tech and mystical abilities using the ring, and Mandarin will use the ring as an 11th piece to his 10-ring as additional offensive/defensive support.

Nightmare's use of the Yellow Power Ring will almost become a natural bond due to her powers and abilities being so connected to nightmares, fears, and phobias. Her realm, the Nightshade Dimension, is the embodiment of terror. The Yellow Power Ring's abilities will come naturally to someone like her.

I believe Doom's leadership and motivational style will bring his team's powers and abilities into cohesion using these power rings in the 6 month duration of their training.

Battle Strategy

This comes later on in our fight. Until then, back to you @jdalsim@thenewbluebeetle007 :)

Maxtrong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Still compiling information. It's tough, since many of his powers are based in speculation.

Thus far, we know that he is said to be fearless. Speculation on consuming devil fruit, but at least had an incredibly powerful Haki, since he rivaled White Beard, whom is a potential world breaker... from what we've seen, Roger's haki seems to be related to the ability to control the seas.

He was known for taking out entire armies on his own.

He's able to hear the voice of all things, which, while already powerful, itself, when enhanced with the power of Avarice, he may well hear your team's entire battle plan, during the six months time. With the orange ring's ability of creating constructs, through his sheer greed and his ability to hear the voice of all things, it's conceivable that he create constructs specifically for each attack.

Being, not just a pirate, but THE KING of the pirates, Avarice sits well upon him and I believe, it takes him to near Larfleeze levels of greed.

An Orange Power ring, possibly one of the most powerful weapons in the known universe, has the ability to affect and use fundamental forces of the known universe, including electromagnetic energies such as gravity, radiation, heat, light, and powerful blasts of concussive force. The ring can also create fields of force formed from an unknown energy that was bound by the users' will. The limitations of such use are the skill, knowledge and imagination of the user (copy paste job).

For each member he kills, he's going to create a ghostly construct of them and make them join The Dread Pirate Avarice crew!

New at this, bad at this, take your pick. Even in death, the will of D, may yet win this competition. ;D

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MasterKungFu

tag

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Opening Attack!

No Caption Provided

Part 1: Army Building

One thing that my entire team has in common, besides all being bearers of the Yellow Power Ring, is that they all have the uncanny ability to bring forth third party minions and proxys to the battlefield to fight for them or with them.

This will be the opening strategy, as it will create an even bigger numbers game against Gol D Roger right off the bat.

I will associate this ability with their Yellow Power Rings after showing off a few examples of what I am talking about...

Dr. Doom

Doom has the ability to summon monsters/demons and Mindless Ones to do his bidding.

These beings are strong enough to swallow, engulf, and throw down with the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, including powerhouses like Ms. Marvel and Thing.

Mandarin

One of Mandarin's own 10 rings, Remaker - the Matter-Rearranger, grants the ability to manipulate matter on a subatomic level either organic or inorganic. He has used this powerful ring on a number of occasions to animate random objects as weapons against his foes.

From left to right (1 - 5):

1 - 3) With a single gesture, Mandarin brings to life a couple of large statues, strong enough to engage Iron Man in combat. Iron Man resorted to charging at them in full force to destroy them.

4) Mandarin brings to life a statue. As you will note, they become self aware.. Strong enough to break a man's arm and knowledgeable of weapon use.

5) Arguably Mandarin's best Remaker feat. Here he brings to life an entire mountain to fight off Iron Man. He reveals that whatever he animates does not fight for him, they are actually an extension of himself.

Nightshade

One of Nightshade's most prominent offensive attacks is her ability to create power shadow construct giants instantaneously

From left to right (1 - 4):

1) Shadow giants are created to toss around an army of warriors, fodder, but it gets the point across.

2) Creates even bigger giants, strong enough to smash demons. These demons were giving the entire Shadowpact trouble.

3) Stomps (literally) Jack of Fire, and KOs him. Jack of Fire was giving Blue Devil major trouble in a fight prior to this.

4) Instantly creates many giant hands to grab hold an army of thousands, then traps them in an shadow orb. She says how if she was vindictive, she would crush them all in the orb. In this tournament, my team is morals off. Therefore, she would resort to such an attack.

How do the Yellow Power Rings come into play?

Creating groups or armies of constructs based on sentient beings or creatures to combat opponents is a specialty of the Yellow Power Ring bearers:

In the final scan to the right, you see Scarecrow, a novice and first time Yellow Ring bearer, was naturally able to summon an army of crows, mobilized to attack. My team has 6 months of training to master combat with these rings. Each member of my team has based their lives and successes on fear and intimidation, and all are very intelligent in their own right. Therefore, it is highly likely that my team will be able to create armies of Yellow Ring constructs in addition to the armies they can create using their own powers, as described above.

When you put all this in perspective, Gol D Roger could be out numbered by a few hundred, and would still have to deal with my actual team members who are formidable in their own right.

Part 2: Immobilize the Enemy

to be continued... @jdalsim@thenewbluebeetle007